All Categories

Lore of Steel Update from Patch 1.14

Search
Apr 16, 2020, 18:4804/16/20
01/31/20

The description of the Lore of Steel mastery changed with Update 1.14.  I have read conflicting information online about which sets are now improved by Lore of Steel?  

Is it still all basic sets?

Is it only basic sets?

Or does it also modify Divine, Cruel & Immortal sets?

Does it modify substats?

Please give us a definitive answer on how Lore of Steel works!

Thanks,  
Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 16, 2020, 19:4704/16/20
02/20/20

The language is pretty clear:

Increase [Base Stats] [Set Bonuses] of [ALL] Artifact Sets by ..... blah blah

So:

1. It affects base stats - like before

2. It is from Set Bonus - like before

3. It is now All Artifact Sets - which is not like before
Apr 16, 2020, 21:4204/16/20
01/31/20

Ethan said:

The language is pretty clear:

Increase [Base Stats] [Set Bonuses] of [ALL] Artifact Sets by ..... blah blah

So:

1. It affects base stats - like before

2. It is from Set Bonus - like before

3. It is now All Artifact Sets - which is not like before

Agreed.  That is how I read it, but there are people online calling the change a "hard nerf" for Lore of Steel.  To me, it reads like it might be an improvement in that it opens up some other sets (Divine Offense, Cruel, etc.).  What is the downside?  Did other sets get dropped (Like Speed, Accuracy, etc.???).  I am fairly new, and I will be selecting some Tier 4 masteries for the first time.  I do not have the spare gems to test it and then reset if it doesn't do what I want.

I am just hoping for a definitive answer from someone at Plarium or someone that has experience with Lore of Steel both before and after the 1.14 update.  
Apr 17, 2020, 00:1504/17/20
02/13/19
It's still the same.
Apr 17, 2020, 01:5104/17/20
01/31/20

Please elaborate.  I have never used Lore of Steel.  There are internet posts that say the old LoS modified all basic sets (the first seven), including speed and accuracy, which do not grant 15% set bonuses.  

There are also posts saying that Divine, Immortal and Cruel were not previously modified, but that now they are.  Maybe they always were??

The new language seems clear that it only modifies the sets that give a 15% set bonus.

What I am asking for is a list of which artifact sets are modified by LoS.  Please.   
Apr 17, 2020, 04:2504/17/20
02/13/19
It works on all 2-pieces sets, even immortal and cruel, so in these cases you'll have more regeneration and more ignore def.
Apr 17, 2020, 07:0104/17/20
01/27/20

Valdys said:

It works on all 2-pieces sets, even immortal and cruel, so in these cases you'll have more regeneration and more ignore def.

Thanks Valdys :).

Maybe they should Change the text then to highlight that fact (it's actually way easier to understand if it states "affects all 2-piece-sets" than the way it is formulated now ^^ ).

Also, if that info is available, is it a multiplicative or additive Bonus would Always be nice in the Tooltip ;) :) 
Apr 17, 2020, 16:2004/17/20
11/28/19
Ok, now let’s talk about this more, because from what I can read, it no longer affects speed due to speed only being a 12% increase, in which case I’m pissed... because I have it on most champs to boost speed, but now it’s a wasted mastery due to not working for that, so now I have to spend gems to reset my champs to get rid of useless mastery... pretty bullshit if you ask me
Apr 21, 2020, 14:4204/21/20
01/31/20

Valdys said:

I hope this is actually the case, and if it is, they should definitely change the wording of the description because that is not how it reads, nor is it how people are describing it online.  

Does it also boost substats or only the main stats?  
Apr 21, 2020, 14:4604/21/20
01/31/20

Also, by this you mean that it still modifies the sets that do not modify by 15%??   Such as Speed sets (+12%), Accuracy sets (+40), Resistance sets (+40)....

Thanks for all your help! 
May 1, 2020, 13:2705/01/20
01/31/20

I finally went ahead and tested this on my account, and I finally understand the confusion regarding how Lore of Steel functions that I have found in online posts. The description currently reads:

“Increases the Base Stat Set Bonuses of All Artifact Sets that increase Base Stats by 15%. This increase is multiplicative, not additive.”

Many people read this description to mean that Lore of Steel only modifies the Artifact Sets that Increase Base Stats by 15%, such as Life Sets, Offense Sets, Divine Offense Sets, Immortal Sets, etc. Plarium’s description is not technically wrong, but it is very clumsy phrasing. The confusion stems from the combination of (1) The Mastery grants a “15%” Artifact Set Bonus Increase, (2) Many Artifact Sets Modify Base Stats by “15%”, and (3) The Placement of “15%” in the sentence.

A much clearer way to phrase the description of Lore of Steel would be:

“Provides a 15% multiplicative increase to the Set Bonuses of all Artifact Sets that modify Base Stats.”

I have included Before & After Pics of my Frozen Banshee to show the following:

• One Accuracy Set: 40 * 15% = 6 point increase: 131 went to 137

• Two Speed Sets: 24 * 15% = 3.6 point increase: 37 went to 41

Before:

After:

May 6, 2020, 22:3605/06/20
08/25/19

WileyMan said:

I finally went ahead and tested this on my account, and I finally understand the confusion regarding how Lore of Steel functions that I have found in online posts. The description currently reads:

“Increases the Base Stat Set Bonuses of All Artifact Sets that increase Base Stats by 15%. This increase is multiplicative, not additive.”

Many people read this description to mean that Lore of Steel only modifies the Artifact Sets that Increase Base Stats by 15%, such as Life Sets, Offense Sets, Divine Offense Sets, Immortal Sets, etc. Plarium’s description is not technically wrong, but it is very clumsy phrasing.

Ohhh, you are my savior! I suppose the misunderstanding is in the wording of the description, if you are not mother tongue (like me). I don't know how it sounds in USA or UK - but when I read "[something] increases the stats of all artifacts that increase stats by 15%" I automatically link that "by 15%" to the last object of the sentence - all artifacts - so it seems the increment is not exactly specified, but it will address only sets increasing stats by 15%. In reality, that "by 15%" is referred to the increment: "increases... bla bla bla... by 15%". I can sleep better tonight. :D

May 13, 2020, 04:5805/13/20
01/31/20
Neurone said:

Ohhh, you are my savior! I suppose the misunderstanding is in the wording of the description, if you are not mother tongue (like me). I don't know how it sounds in USA or UK - but when I read "[something] increases the stats of all artifacts that increase stats by 15%" I automatically link that "by 15%" to the last object of the sentence - all artifacts - so it seems the increment is not exactly specified, but it will address only sets increasing stats by 15%. In reality, that "by 15%" is referred to the increment: "increases... bla bla bla... by 15%". I can sleep better tonight. :D

Glad to help.  I hadn't used Lore of Steel yet, and I couldn't find a definitive answer about how it worked after the language change.  So, eventually I tested it out and posted this to save other people the headache.   I am a native English speaker, and most people that I know would definitely read the phrasing the same way that you and I read it.  As currently written, it is phrased very awkwardly.      
May 13, 2020, 05:4205/13/20
May 13, 2020, 05:43(edited)
05/13/19
  • Life
  • Offense
  • Defense
  • C.Rate
  • Accuracy
  • Speed
  • Resistance

All those sets can be farmed from Campaign.

Those where the only sets which the game considered to be Basic Sets.

They even had a detailed list with all of the above sets on the Lore of Steel Mastery itself.

So what you people are saying is the game has changed Lore of Steel on update 1.14.

And it is now applying bonuses to Immortal Gear + Cruel Gear + Divine Gear Sets?

May 13, 2020, 06:2705/13/20
04/14/20
Player J said:

• Life
  • Offense
  • Defense
  • C.Rate
  • Accuracy
  • Speed
  • Resistance

They even had a detailed list with all of the above sets on the Lore of Steel Mastery itself.

So what you people are saying is the game has changed Lore of Steel on update 1.14.

And it is now applying bonuses to Immortal Gear + Cruel Gear + Divine Gear Sets?

It's definitely applying bonuses to those sets now, yes. The current description doesn't say that it only works on Basic Sets, but rather that it works on 'all Artifact Sets that increase Base Stats', which includes Immortal/Cruel/Divine. 
Oct 17, 2020, 20:5810/17/20
03/19/19

You miss

Crit dmg set

& (newly) ?

New 4pcs and 2pcs sets are also affected

Do you agree?

L9753 said:

Player J said:

• Life
  • Offense
  • Defense
  • C.Rate
  • Accuracy
  • Speed
  • Resistance

It's definitely applying bonuses to those sets now, yes. The current description doesn't say that it only works on Basic Sets, but rather that it works on 'all Artifact Sets that increase Base Stats', which includes Immortal/Cruel/Divine.