All Categories

Champion Balance Requests

Search
Jan 9, 2020, 22:4401/09/20
11/14/19

Plarium,

We both know that many champions are exceedingly underwhelming in-game. It's a shame to give a champion a beautiful model and an interesting background story-- just so we can throw them into our vaults. So today I would like to discuss a champion that I think should be buffed in the near future.

Today's champion is: Candaphron.

Candaphron is a Demonspawn legendary, and a rage-filled assassin! And though he has so much potential, I think that Candaphron's skills are quite underwhelming, especially for a Legendary Champion. Legendaries are among the elite. Seeing gold bricks begin to form should be a special moment, and let-downs like Candaphron should not exist, especially for a champion that looks as cool as he does. Below are Candaphron's skills and the reworks that I think would improve him greatly:

Punish Hubris [ATK]

Attacks 1 enemy. Places an extra hit if the target is under an [Increase ATK] buff.

Level 2: Damage +5%

Level 3: Damage +5%

Level 4: Damage +10%

Level 5: Damage +10%

This skill could be the skill of an Epic Champion. It's not fitting to give such a great-looking Legendary Champion such a useless A1, especially when its damage is only a bit more than an Epic's. I propose adding some kind of debuff that makes Candaphron more viable, and more interesting! For example...

Punish Hubris [ATK]

Attacks one enemy. Has a 50% chance of placing a [HP BURN] debuff for 2 turns. This could also be a [Decrease DEF] debuff, or a [Decrease ATK] debuff. My first thought was HP BURN, since Candaphron is a hunter, filled with rage! And he'd be useful at Clan Boss:)

Level 3: Buff/ Debuff chance +5%

Level 4: Damage +10%

Level 5: Buff/ Debuff chance +10%

Now let's move on to his A2:

Butcher’s Glee [ATK] (Cooldown: 4 turns)

Attacks all enemies. Grants an Extra Turn and resets the cooldown of On the Hunt Skill if this attack kills an enemy.

Level 3: Damage +5%

Level 4: Damage +5%

Level 5: Damage +5%

Level 6: Cooldown -1

This AoE is capable of nuking IF and only if Candaphron has an [Increase ATK] and/or a [Veil]/[Perfect Veil] buff. If none of these buffs are present, Candaphron's AoE does the same (sometimes a bit less) damage as an Epic Champion's AoE. The rework I propose for Candaphron's A2 wouldn't require any direct buffs to that particular skill. Instead, I propose that we add a bit to Candaphron's passive skill to make his AoE more effective. Candaphron's current passive skill is as follows:

From the Shadows [Passive]

Damage increases by 40% while attacking under a [Veil] or [Perfect Veil] buff.

I propose that we add another sentence to the skill:

From the Shadows [Passive]

Damage increases by 40% while attacking under a [Veil] or [Perfect Veil] buff. Places a [Perfect Veil] buff on this champion for 1 turn at the start of each round.

Candaphron's aura is arena-based (Increases ally ATK in the arena by 33%.) Yet Candaphron must first buff himself or wait for another champion to buff him before his AoE can be effective-- which is not at all useful when trying to nuke in the arena! In order to make Candaphron more viable in the arena, I would like to change Candaphron's passive in the way described above. This way he could do a good AoE right off the bat-- like all Legendary AoEs should be able to do!

His On the Hunt skill and aura are as follows, and I think that it would be fine to leave these where they are. On the Hunt gives this shadowy assassin a sharp eye, and a deadly precision! And with the changes I proposed to Candaphron's passive, his aura would direct his anger and bitterness towards destroying his enemies in a merciless and effective way.

On the Hunt (Cooldown: 5 turns)

Places a [Perfect Veil] and a 50% [Increase ATK] buff on this champion for 2 turns.

Aura

Increases Ally Attack in Arena by 33%

This concludes my suggestions regarding Candaphron. I hope that these buffs can turn him from an underwhelming legendary to a deadly assassin, filled with bitterness and rage-- who strikes from the shadows with effectiveness-- and no mercy.

Views
Comments
Comments
CirillaAdmin
Jan 10, 2020, 13:4401/10/20
02/27/19
Hello! And I must say - wow! That's a pretty great and detailed summary of the changes that you would like to see in the champion. I will certainly forward it to our game designers for consideration. Thank you very much! 
Jan 10, 2020, 16:3901/10/20
09/04/19
Maybe you could make the same for angar ?
Jan 11, 2020, 05:3701/11/20
05/13/19

Candaphron Skill Kit is Trash because of the way the Developers Designed it.

Thus, Candaphron is a Trash Legendary.

Sheep W suggestion on how to improve Candaphron is noble.

However, Sheep W suggestion is Bad.

Even if the Developers listen to Sheep W suggestion, Candaphron will still be a Trash Legendary.

it seems like Sheep W & the developers don't understand the real issue with Candaphron.

The reason Candaphron is trash is because the developers are trying to make Candaphron have cosplay as an Attack Based Champion