All Categories

Shields are not hp?

Shields are not hp?

Search
Dec 4, 2019, 16:5912/04/19
11/29/19

Shields are not hp?

I noticed i wasn’t healing from the lifesteal set when i hit shields. This is very peculiar because a shield is just additional hit points. The lifesteal set says heal for 30% of the damage dealt. I still do damage to the shields regardless of what anyone says, so therefore i dealt damage and require this to either be fixed or changed. Lifesteal should say heal for 30% of the damage dealt to hp. Along with all the other charaters that heal like pitiless one with his crits ect.. damage is damage i dealt dmg even to a shield still should heal. Lifesteal procs on actual damage dealt. Shielded or not is somewhat irrelevant considering the set says of damage dealt.

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 5, 2019, 02:0612/05/19
05/13/19

If a person has Shields, They are protecting there hero from taking any damage from you.

A Shield is a buff.

Life Steal heals based on the damage dealt to the champion, not to a buff.

It has been this way for a very long time.

Dec 5, 2019, 17:1312/05/19
Dec 5, 2019, 17:15(edited)
11/29/19
Well the set says damage dealt, any damage dealt you heal. Even hitting a shield is still damage so they either need to change the text or add that you heal into the game. Hit points/hp/shield/additional hp its all the same health is health. Unless there is a complete block from damage you shouldnt heal because there will not be any damage numbers. Edit: also what about pitiless one where he heals when he crits? You can crit a shield it doesnt give you life from that even.
OpheliaA1Moderator
Dec 5, 2019, 23:1512/05/19
03/11/19

hello RAWJR

just like PLAYER J stated, a shield is a buff, and as such is treated as a buff, which means nothing applies to it beyond ''buff rules''

just like a continuous heal is a buff, healing bonus does not apply to continuous heals, because they are a buff, and not cast healings

so hitting a shield, is just hitting a ''buff'' and not the enemy hp, therefore you're not dealing dmg (to the champion) but when youre doing is you're interacting with the shield buff mechanic

that said, a shield can be removed/stolen, since its a buff, so yes you can heal from it because it a buff, but you can steal/remove it, because its a buff

i understand where you're coming from, you're dealing dmg, therefore you should heal, but because a ''shield'' is a buff, buff rules apply to it, both the positive and negative effects. 

hope that helps

regards

ophe

Mar 6, 2023, 00:2303/06/23
03/19/22
OpheliaA1

hello RAWJR

just like PLAYER J stated, a shield is a buff, and as such is treated as a buff, which means nothing applies to it beyond ''buff rules''

just like a continuous heal is a buff, healing bonus does not apply to continuous heals, because they are a buff, and not cast healings

so hitting a shield, is just hitting a ''buff'' and not the enemy hp, therefore you're not dealing dmg (to the champion) but when youre doing is you're interacting with the shield buff mechanic

that said, a shield can be removed/stolen, since its a buff, so yes you can heal from it because it a buff, but you can steal/remove it, because its a buff

i understand where you're coming from, you're dealing dmg, therefore you should heal, but because a ''shield'' is a buff, buff rules apply to it, both the positive and negative effects. 

hope that helps

regards

ophe

So you can't do critical or strong hits on a shield?

Mar 6, 2023, 00:3203/06/23
10/15/20
Lisa

So you can't do critical or strong hits on a shield?

You can. OpheilaA1's explanation is a bit complicated and can be misunderstood. Shields act like hp (1 damage dealt = 1 point loss), but they are not hp, so you can't leech from shields. They don't affect the damage calculation any further (unless certain abilities from the champs say so).