Nightmare Campaign - Rebalance Discussion?

61 Reply
User
26 November, 2019, 10:22 AM UTC

Let me start off by saying - I LOVE THE IDEA OF A NIGHTMARE CAMPAIGN 

If I am going to be completely honest, I have wanted a Nightmare Mode for a very Long time.

I will explain why:

The reason why is because I have always felt the Grind to make heroes 6 star in this game was to extreme.

The amount of energy a person gets per day + amount of XP given from Brutal - Really - Makes the 6 star process seem like a tedious chore more then an enjoyable experience.

Furthermore, I firmly believe when players finally do have enough food to make a 6 star.

They become nervous, overly cautious, & scared to the point - They can't even decide who to 6 star!

The struggles players have making the necessary food to 6 star has left them in a state of shock!

They are so afraid they will 6 star the wrong hero - They turn into paranoid bots asking dozens of people who they should 6 star.

Many of them ask total strangers in Global Chat - Forums - Discord

Who is to blame them for asking other people?

No one because everyone knows how absurd it is to make a 6 star.

It takes to long to make 6 stars for no reason!

Making a 6 star shouldn't be easy! I get that!

However, it shouldn't be a long drawn out nightmare, either!

There are players like me who need to 6 star half a dozen champions.

It will take us, until New Year to get them done with current XP rates we have!

WHICH BRINGS ME TO THE THE ADDITION OF NIGHTMARE MODE!

I thought the addition of Nightmare Mode was the games way of finally Bridging the 3 star to 6 star gap!

The gap between getting a 3 star hero leveled up to 6 star was finally going to be a little easier!

I spent a good part of the day playing the new Nightmare Mode.

I wanted it to be amazing!

However, It really isn't.

I can't help, but feel disappointed.

You have let us down on this one Plarium.

- Great Idea

- Horrible Execution 

There are so many things wrong with Nightmare Mode I can't even list & explain them all.

My post would be beyond the text limit of this forum.

What I will say is following most Veteran Players can farm Brutal 12-3 with 1 hero in 10 secs.

The Difficulty of Nightmare is so extremely most Veteran Players are not going to bother with it!

Why would a person use 16 energy to farm Nightmare Mode 12-3 in 5 mins.

When the same person can use 16 energy to farm Brutal Mode 12-3 in 20 secs.

The development team has completely missed the mark on this one.

They have turned Campaign into a Dungeon with Crappy Gear Drops & Different Chapter Bosses.

It really makes no sense.

My hope is the development team listens to what I'm saying or at least does a Poll about Nightmare Mode.

I feel Nightmare Mode needs to be Rebalanced/Nerfed a little bit so it is more realistic.

I don't know what other people think.

However, I can personally say I think it is to difficult.

UTC +4:00
User
26 November, 2019, 2:11 PM UTC
This nightmare mode is like ultranightmare, there should be at least one lvl of campaign between brutal and nightmare now. The difficulty jumped to high now, so did energy cost, and rewards are really not worth all of this.
UTC +0:00
User
26 November, 2019, 3:22 PM UTC
If the energy cost on nightmare is 10 per battle i will farm on stage 3. With Xp boost + raid pass we got 14000+ exp. More efficient than brutal stage 12. 
UTC +7:00
User
26 November, 2019, 10:52 PM UTC

It seems based on what people have said above me.

They also agree something needs to change.

The difficulty level of Nightmare or the energy cost of Nightmare.

Another thing which I would like to address which no one has touched on is the Campaign Reward Drops & Monster Levels!

Notice the MISC. DROPS - We get from Brutal 

Notice the HERO LEVELS - We face from Brutal - Around Level 60

NOW COMPARE

Notice the MISC. DROPS - We get from Nightmare - We lose Green Shards, BUT WE DON'T GAIN ANCIENT SHARD DROPS???

Notice the HERO LEVELS - We face from Nightmare - Around Level 180 - 3 TIME STRONGER????

You removed Green Shards which isn't horrible - However, The game should replace them with Ancient Shards.

We are on a higher difficulty level.

We should be improving in Quality of things which drop for us.

We shouldn't be getting less rewards? You are basically causing us to go backwards!

Furthermore, I believe with how difficult you made Nightmare.

We shouldn't even get Uncommon Hero Drops from Nightmare.

We should get Rare & Epic Hero Drops from Nightmare only.

Most people who will farm Nightmare.

They don't need Uncommon Heroes.

They need Rare & Epic Heroes to be used as Food.

The game has hundreds of Garbage Epics

The game could add some Garbage Epics to Nightmare Chapters

It isn't going to break the game.

It will merely help people get more higher quality of food.

User
27 November, 2019, 1:21 AM UTC

Player J, I just want to say that EVERYTHING you write is gold. All of it. And every time I read a great post, I scroll back up to see, yes, its Player J striking again.  VERY well said.

Player J said:

It seems based on what people have said above me.

They also agree something needs to change.

The difficulty level of Nightmare or the energy cost of Nightmare.

Another thing which I would like to address which no one has touched on is the Campaign Reward Drops & Monster Levels!

User
27 November, 2019, 2:45 AM UTC

FreeGrifter said:

Player J, I just want to say that EVERYTHING you write is gold. All of it. And every time I read a great post, I scroll back up to see, yes, its Player J striking again.  VERY well said.

You are to Kind!

Thank you for your post.
User
27 November, 2019, 3:11 AM UTC
I can't come close to 3 starring this campaign, has anyone? If so I want to know what characters they are using. I 3 starred all the way to 8.4. I cannot progress any further. 
User
27 November, 2019, 5:52 AM UTC

It is clear to me that for now, the extreme difficulty and the high cost in energy is only there for one reason: prevent players from getting 252* in 1 day.

Much like the faction wars difficulty when it cam out and the rebalancing, I am sure the nightmare difficulty will be revisited to allow people to get 3* from 11.1 to 12.7. I doubt many people will be able to finish it perfectly until then... 

I give it 3 month until plarium comes out with either Ultra Nightmare or another mod, then they will slightly reduce the difficulty and/or the energy. 

User
27 November, 2019, 3:39 PM UTC
FreeGrifter said:

I second that
User
27 November, 2019, 5:27 PM UTC

I face rolled everything in NM campaign.. They i came across a creature who was blessed by the RNGods.. That creature was so blessed that even it's 10% chance to prog Peril became 100%.

And so i tried to fight the monster but at every first hit the prog happened and so i died...

3000 Energy or more so later i rage quit the game and looked for other games that didn't have the name Plarium on it.

The End

UTC +2:00
28 November, 2019, 9:51 AM UTC

Hey Hey

I personally found it reasonable in difficulty and much like a lot of my friends, we have all completed the 3 stars, but in all fairness, we are all end game players.

At the moment I'm currently farming 12.3 nightmare with 1 champion and 3 fodder, this is just my personal experience and I not sharing this to take away from the good points already made in this post but more to add another view into the conversation.

And of course, I will highlight this thread to the CM's and Devs as feedback.

Keep up the good work!.

many thanks and good luck.
UTC +0:00
User
28 November, 2019, 3:15 PM UTC
KiwiMcSheep said:

Hey Hey

I personally found it reasonable in difficulty and much like a lot of my friends, we have all completed the 3 stars, but in all fairness, we are all end game players.

At the moment I'm currently farming 12.3 nightmare with 1 champion and 3 fodder, this is just my personal experience and I not sharing this to take away from the good points already made in this post but more to add another view into the conversation.

And of course, I will highlight this thread to the CM's and Devs as feedback.

Keep up the good work!.

many thanks and good luck.
What champion you using for solo ? how long times you need to cleared the stage ? 
User
29 November, 2019, 12:42 AM UTC

I have compiled a Wide Range of Information on how to Beat & Farm Nightmare Campaign.

I have gathered this information from Various Players.

The information I have gathered has come from:

• Teammates
  • Global Chat
  • YouTube Videos
  • Twitter Streams 
  • Discord

I am going to share with you all of this information because it makes my argument on this thread even stronger. 

If you need top tier heroes to win or obscure strategies to beat Nightmare, It means Nightmare needs a Rebalance.

I have reports from Teammates & Global friends who have said they can farm Nightmare using the following Champions.

Some of my teammates gave me time stamps - Some of my friends from Global didn't record the time stamp.

• Martyr  -------------> 3 mins
  • Bad-El-Kazar ----> 4 mins
  • Valkyrie 
  • St. Nicolas --------> 1 min
  • Ignatius

A Youtube Content Creator named Chofly showed a Video of beating Nightmare Campaign with 

• Tayrel --------------> 2:30 mins

I will share the video link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ageh7PkEO6s

Chofly said the fight is pretty consistent.

A Youtube Content Creator named StewGaming showed a Video of beating Nightmare Campaign with  

• Big Un --------------> 31 seconds 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OPi8uwf340

Stewgaming said the win rate is shaky.

Stewgaming showed the gear needed to beat the above fight in 31 seconds.

Stewgaming gear has perfect sub-stat rolls.

The only thing missing is the set bonuses.

In addition, Stewgaming is top 300 in Platinum Arena.

Platinum Arena gives an extra 5% bonus in all area's including Nightmare Campaign

A Youtube Content Creator named StewGaming showed a Video of beating Nightmare Campaign with  

• Miscreated Monster --------------> 2:30 mins 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEvX9s9n05I

Stewgaming said the win rate is consistent.

Stewgaming also shared a strategy on the above video on how to beat the final level of the Boss.

The strategy which has been discovered was featured on Reddit & Discord.

Stewgaming was passing along the method.

Players have been upset with 12-7 because the Boss - Mortu-Macaab has a skill called Peril.

Peril is an unlockable skill which is only suppose to unlock 10% of the time.

Players such as CPT. ADASEN (Who commented on this thread a few days ago) are upset with the Final Boss.

The reason why is because Peril seems to be triggering more then 10%.

Every time Peril hits someone.

The target it hits - Instantly Dies - Which ultimately loses you the fight so you can't 3 star the final mode.

To counter this issue - Players began trying to cheese the final stage by using a hero named Paragon.

They are using the above hero for his below skill.

Fully Booked = 10 Rare Tomes if RNG hates you

The Skill places an Unkillable for 2 turns with a 2 turn Cool down.

Players place the Unkillable on Paragon in an Endless Loop

The goal is to use this Unkillable Paragon to tank the damage from the Enemy + Tank the Bosses Peril skill.

If you don't have Paragon, Who is a Rare Void, You will have to beat stage 12-7 the old fashion way!

The Old Fashion way is to do the stage, until you win.

The goal is to play the stage, until the Peril Skill never unlocks.

I have gathered information from various players.

Players have told me how much energy you are going to need in order to win doing this above method.

The estimated energy amount is 2k.

With 2k energy, You should bypass the RNG which exists on stage 12-7.

If I can find any other players beating Nightmare Campaign with other heroes, I will try to post them here.

Out of 400 heroes in the game so far.

• You need 1 out of only 6 Legendries to win
  • You need 1 out of only 2 Epics to win

But the good news is if you have 1 of those 8 heroes.

You will beat Nightmare so EASY.

Piece of Cake.

Yep, I am waiting for a Nightmare Rebalance or 

I am waiting to pull 1 of the above amazing heroes to farm Nightmare.

Any day now - Something will happen - No Rush!

I will keep farming Dungeons in the mean time.

User
29 November, 2019, 4:51 PM UTC

To add to what everybody else has said, I speak from experience here.

I have both Valkyrie and Martyr, kitted out with way over 5k defence each, and way over 120% crit dmg each. The pair duo'd campaign all the way to Mortu, where he annihilates them both with his Peril in 1 shot.

So I tried my full team, everybody dies.. For reference, that team is (Leader) Martyr, Valkyrie, Rhazin scarhide, Mountain king.

That is an OP team for campaign.. All in top tier gears that are just being min-maxed now.. After several attempts, my mountain king got me the win as the last man standing with 2k hp left. (He has over 100k hp)

I have been extremely lucky with ancient shard pulls to get my champions and if I can't 3 star this new campaign mode with VALK AND MARTYR how can anybody else have a shot except the whales? Can whales even complete this without specifically building a cheese pair of heroes for it? Where was the testing prior to release?

I'm disappointed in V1.12. They promised us MAJOR reworks of artifacts interface, we got nothing.

Promised extra vault space - Missed out the MILLIONS of silver it will cost for each 10 slot purchase.

1 time rewards for campaign are good IF you have the duo to take them, but then what? Nightmare campaign has no farmability whatsoever so it becomes dead content after completion. 

Faction wars rebalance? What rebalance? It's just as hard as it used to be, but now we have to deal with mountains of damage instead of mountains of HP from the bosses.

I don't even want to go in to detail about any more..

The community as a whole has been VERY quiet about the V1.12 updates. Is it because most of them are just as disappointed as I am, but cannot be bothered to go on harping at Plarium because they know they don't listen? Very likely. I don't know why the creators of this game don't understand that we need more CONTENT. Not more 1 time rewards, we need actual content that will keep this game interesting and alive.. Campfire? Tall tower on the dungeons map? What are they and why are they not being unlocked yet? More factions? Daily log in rewards? Energy boost? Easily obtainable silver? Events and tournaments worth using resources on? Warnings so we can prepare? Where are all of these things? Never coming. I give Raid to the end of this year to live up to some promises that Plarium keeps making and like a massive bundle of others I'll be quitting with them if they don't. Great potential in the game, terrible management.

Playing raid feels like having a second annoying girlfriend who never listens to you but expects everything from you without question.

UTC +1:00
User
1 December, 2019, 9:13 AM UTC

Has anyone been able to Solo Campaign with Rhazin by any chance?

I don't have Valk or Martyr.

I do have Rhazin, but he is only level 50.

I wonder if it is worth it to get Rhazin to 60 to farm Nightmare Campaign.

Anyone know if Rhazin can farm 12-3 or 12-6 Nightmare Campaign with a decent time?

User
2 December, 2019, 12:03 AM UTC

Player J said:

Has anyone been able to Solo Campaign with Rhazin by any chance?

I don't have Valk or Martyr.

I do have Rhazin, but he is only level 50.

I wonder if it is worth it to get Rhazin to 60 to farm Nightmare Campaign.

Anyone know if Rhazin can farm 12-3 or 12-6 Nightmare Campaign with a decent time?

The problem is affinity. Rhazin is red while the major enemies in stage 12 is green. 

The basic principle we need a strong champion with counter attack buff + damage based on def + lifesteal sets + affinity advantage
User
2 December, 2019, 11:40 AM UTC

I have tried using the above team to beat Chapter 11-5 Nightmare.

I can't win.

I tried a few matches using Seducer 25% HP Aura.

I tried a few matches using Mortu 24% SPD Aura.

I lose all the time.

Round 1 = Skullcrown & DoomPriest

Round 2 = Double DoomPriest

The Double DoomPriest both proc. there passive

The Double DoomPriest remove all my Crowd Control Debuff's + Heal themselves.

I can't hit them hard enough to do any damage.

My Mortu has 65k Health

My Mortu has 92% Critical Rate

My Mortu has 180% Crit Damage

I have Arena Masteries on my Mortu.

Hmmmmmmm - How to defeat Chapter 11 Campaign?

User
2 December, 2019, 12:10 PM UTC
first good post from u GJ :)
UTC +1:00
User
2 December, 2019, 6:44 PM UTC

I have no problem two-starring the levels on nightmare, it just takes 3-5 mins for auto to complete one battle :(

So Brutal is definitely 5-10x easier to farm!

And I agree with Player J that the Nightmare Campaign should drop Ancient Shards.

As for three-starring Nightmare, I just three-starred Brutal yesterday lol. So I am a noob compared to all of you

User
2 December, 2019, 8:17 PM UTC

I think the difficulty of the Nightmare Campaign is really good. it was a real challenge to complete and it would be a great challenge to get a solo-farmer ready for farming 12/6 if it were worth it doing so.

However if we compare rewards its not really worth to even attempt farming NM-campaign.

I have no active battle pass. farming 12/6

1. EXP

Brutal gives 8800exp - NM gives 19536exp

->NM offers 11% more exp/E. not much but its better

2. Silver

Brutal 10700 vs NM 19536

-> NM offers about 8,7% less silver/E

3. item drops

Brutal 3*-5* vs NM 3*-6*

items can also be considered silver.  i sadly dont know how often which quality drops

3* sells for 4985; 4* 8100; 5* 18000; 6* 25920 silver

if all qualities were dropping with the same probaility that would result in average silver of:

Brutal 10362 silver vs NM 14251 -> but on Brutal we farm 2x the amount of items.

(however i guess that NM offers better chances of higher quality )

4. food

food drops are mostly the same for both. however we get 2x as many from Brutal compared to NM for the same energy

and we also dont get mystery shards from NM which is probably not a good thing long term because we always need some

5. time

Brutal is 6-8s vs NM about 2:30 minutes -maybe down to 30s with the right champions and gear.

So overall NM offers slightly more exp. but less silver and less silver from item drops per energy spent. And NM-farming offers no mystery shards and overall far less food champions. It is just not viable to farm NM at these rates unless in need for a very specific item drop like 6* lifesteal boots with speed mainstat. 

Why release new content if it not worth playing more then once ? plarium did a really bad job on balancing the rewards im my opinions .

suggestions: 

-include green shards ( like 5-10 per drop)

-include blue shards (like 0,5%chance)

-include an epic-farmable champion (like 0,5%)

-get rid of 3* items and common champions. also maybe even get rid of uncommon champions

-increase silver

-decrease energy costs to 12 E

UTC +2:00
7704037 users registered; 158497 topics; 547225 posts; our newest member:CheburekPNG