All Categories

Arena trolling

Arena trolling

Search
Oct 9, 2019, 04:1810/09/19
08/26/19

Arena trolling

When I was low lvl struggling to reach silver 1, I often ran into that guy... You know the one... Lvl 60 reinbeast... Full gear and unkilleable. He won't kill you but you will lose still. I remember one time I had him, I just lost 15mn of my life.

Anybody tried to do the same with a full team?

Did you run into a similar concept?

The arena is all about speed now, witch is quite the Russian roulette. You see the team, it is built like yours, you just don't know if your lvl 16 boots with speed as main stats are gona be enough... 

What about a team of 4 support/heal/tank/resurrect to defend?

Like skullcrusher/vrask/gorgo/reinbeast.

Would it work? Would it piss people? 
Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 9, 2019, 05:4710/09/19
06/01/19

I absolutely hate facing any reinbeast, its by far the most annoying to battle. I still win, but that champ needs serioud rebalancing.

And yes, that team would be anniying  but I also suggest Maneater.
Oct 10, 2019, 03:0210/10/19
Oct 10, 2019, 03:03(edited)
08/26/19

Well I just ran into such a team.

Jareg Vrask Romero and a dps. 

All lvl 60.

My team: Kael 60, Zargala 50, skullcrusher 50 and gorgo 50

I kill the dps in 2 turns thinking okay, it's doable. Start focus on Romero... Then Vrask hit me and heal every one by 8920pts.

What???????

I pay attention and notice his life bar... 89k life. 

Romero: 60

Jareg: 70.

I try, next thing I know the whole team is under shield + continuous heal... Full life as all my skills are on cool down.

I quit after 20mn of trying. Best I did was put Romero at 40% and he was full life 10s later.

I also realize this def might work because of the difference in gear and lvl. I don't think it would be the same if I had Zargala 60 and replace skullcrusher with errod.

I think it works only in silver 4. People with more time played must have a choice of 60 allowing them to put what needed. 
Oct 11, 2019, 12:3310/11/19
07/11/19

You need specific champions for this kind of stuff. Crowd control - provoke, stuns, freeze, to prevent their heals/shields/whatever. High acc to land your debuffs consistently, high speed to do so before they get their turns. If you have Seer, you can let them put their buffs on and nuke them, but she needs high ACC as well (and survivability to withstand whatever attacks from enemy dps champions).

It also happens that the other team is just better than yours in terms of levels/gear/great hall bonuses and you can't beat it right now, nothing wrong with that.
Oct 11, 2019, 23:5310/11/19
09/15/19

yurec said:

It also happens that the other team is just better than yours in terms of levels/gear/great hall bonuses and you can't beat it right now, nothing wrong with that.

No, in this particular case that's not true.  I ran into that with a team 1/4 my power level.  same thing, ONE BROKEN HERO and 30 minutes later I had to call it quits.  The entire point of this hero and the pvp teams built around it is to waste so much of your time you give up and let it win because it has no hope of killing your team, but you can't kill its ONE BROKEN HERO so you have to give up.

KiwiMcSheepModerator
Oct 12, 2019, 00:2510/12/19
09/18/18

Hey Hey

Unfortunately, speed meta is a thing, if you have a fast speed-boosting(apoth) or fast turn meter boosting champions(seeker), this can really help. Crowd control is great but needs to run first, though good news regarding the speed comp teams in arena looks like it will change in the future, one of the most recent Q and A's the dev indicated they are aware and looking to add new mechanics soon to help arena... along with new arena tier. 

Reinbeast is fun but high tier rain beast to me doesn't stand up to well in gold 4 like others have said run of speed teams with crowd control, so Reinbeast doesn't stand a chance.

You'll get there, Good luck and have fun

Oct 13, 2019, 07:4210/13/19
10/13/18

KiwiMcSheep said:

Hey Hey

Unfortunately, speed meta is a thing, if you have a fast speed-boosting(apoth) or fast turn meter boosting champions(seeker), this can really help. Crowd control is great but needs to run first, though good news regarding the speed comp teams in arena looks like it will change in the future, one of the most recent Q and A's the dev indicated they are aware and looking to add new mechanics soon to help arena... along with new arena tier. 

Reinbeast is fun but high tier rain beast to me doesn't stand up to well in gold 4 like others have said run of speed teams with crowd control, so Reinbeast doesn't stand a chance.

You'll get there, Good luck and have fun

I'm glad you're on the mod team Kiwi, because unlike everyone else you know what's up.

As for everyone whining about reinbeast, there are a ridiculous number of ways to counter him... lol. If you literally have none of the champs with block buffs/stealbuffs/remove buffs/block cooldown skills/heal reduction/stun/freeze/sleep... I have a very exciting surprise for you!

THEY PUT SETS IN THE GAME THAT DO THAT FOR YOU.

(SEE: Destroy, Cursed, Stun, Daze, Frost :))
Feb 9, 2020, 18:4702/09/20
06/08/17

"THEY PUT SETS IN THE GAME THAT DO THAT FOR YOU.

(SEE: Destroy, Cursed, Stun, Daze, Frost :))

"

It is depressing to see that this is still a problem.  This was over a year ago, but still Speed comp is the meta of arena. And what you say here are somewhat true, but ignoring the fact that if you have to use gear for this, you will most likely loose out on either defence, speed or some other gear you need for survivability.

Some champions need rebalancing, that is the truth. And it has been this way for well over a year......
Feb 10, 2020, 21:2102/10/20
01/26/20

Rainbeast i actually don't mind coming up against too badly, it's Thenasil that gets me. I have a Thenasil, and sometimes i end up against another one and it's 20 minutes before i kill the arena match and give up. It's... funny to me. 
I kinda wish that at like 5 mins, there would be a "tie" option but, it is what it is.

I don't mind the speed meta either. It's a little excitement. If Gorgorab lives: he rezes whole team, Thenasil casts oak skinned, my whole team is almost full life, shielded and it's a comeback victory!