All Categories

do you think item storage should be bigger?

Search
May 21, 2023, 08:5405/21/23
10/01/22

topic title says it all, do you think storage for items should be bigger than it currently is? im not saying its small but if ur doing bulk dungeon runs etc and not using the super complex item filter then chances are ur letting ur items build up over the runs and sell whats needed after, and i think many people do it like this, but iv seen a topic where a guy saved over 15,000 energy in his storage so he could do bulk dragon runs, he did a few 100 runs or something and his item storage was full so the items went into his mailbox which was also quite full, which eventually ended with items in his mailbox being deleted so the new items could be added and he lost all his energy he saved because the game over wrote it with items and it got me thinking how easy it really is to end up over filling ur storage and things like this happening.

i personally have quite a large item collection and starting to fear later down the line this may be a problem for me, have others had this problem into the later game?

Views
Comments
Comments
May 21, 2023, 10:0805/21/23
01/19/21

I've had my storage maxed out for months now. The biggest problem is that they keep adding sets, thus increasing the need to save additional items to actually be able to equip a full set, without adding more space to compensate for it. We're at what, 50-60 sets now? Just having 25 items for 40 different sets, which is not really a lot to ensure you have items with the correct substats, that's 1k items from that alone.

May 21, 2023, 12:5205/21/23
10/08/17

1000 pieces  of gear should  be enough for ANY GAME / just saying that

May 21, 2023, 16:3205/21/23
10/01/22
PriestGuardian

id have to disagree with this :P 

May 22, 2023, 07:3705/22/23
May 23, 2023, 05:17(edited)
02/13/20

once you hit late mid game to early end game, so many sets just aren't worth your effort. I scrap all ATK, Life, 45% crit counter, bonus healing, 30% shield, turn meter with lower health ,and dmg up with lower help sets on the spot, unless they are GOD TIER, like Crit DMG gloves, with triple crit rate sub and speed, or Speed boost with ACC, or w/e stat i could use in % base. 

There is just no point in keeping gear you will literally never use, or is simply for a niche filler unless it is absolutely perfect. I hover at about 650 pieces of gear and end up out of 100 battles with maybe 6 to 12 pieces of gear I'll keep to roll, usually with about half of that worth keeping after a lv 8 roll to see if i hit, and half of that after I try a lv 12 on those worth trying more for. 

When you hit this part of the game, stats rolled with primary stats, are just worth to much to invest into if they aren't at least 75% suitable for a build. You always want at least 3 rolls to hit on needed stats out of the 4 at this phase. So Gear really shoudln't be too much of a hassel.

May 22, 2023, 08:3005/22/23
06/05/22
RavageRose

once you hit late mid game to early end game, so many sets just aren't worth your effort. I scrap all ATK, Life, 45% crit counter, bonus healing, 30% shield, turn meter with lower health ,and dmg up with lower help sets on the spot, unless they are GOD TIER, like Crit DMG gloves, with triple crit rate sub and speed, or Speed boost with ACC, or w/e stat i could use in % base. 

There is just no point in keeping gear you will literally never use, or is simply for a niche filler unless it is absolutely perfect. I hover at about 650 pieces of gear and end up out of 100 battles with maybe 6 to 12 pieces of gear I'll keep to roll, usually with about half of that worth keeping after a lv 8 roll to see if i hit, and half of that after I try a lv 12 on those worth trying more for. 

When you hit this part of the game, stats rolled with primary stats, are just worth to much to invest into if they aren't at least 75% suitable for a build. You always want at least 3 rolls to hit on needed stats out of the 4 at this phase. So Gear really shoudln't be too much of a hassel.

This. Yes, storage isn't as large as it could be. But I've tightened my criteria for keeping items a lot, without any negative effects on my account. My guess is that most people keep way too many "just in case" items lying around.

May 22, 2023, 09:0105/22/23
10/01/22
RavageRose

i fully get you, but we end up keeping a lot of "maybe this will come in use as an off set item"   it was only last night i went through my item collection to really sell as much as humanly possible without getting rid or potential actual useul items and i still have about 800-900/1300 space used, so again im not saying storage is to small but maybe we could at least have the option to increase the size of it (example how we can get more slots in champion vaults etc by buying it with silver or gems)

May 22, 2023, 09:0205/22/23
03/05/19

Something should definitely be done about this...

1,3k storage but new artifacts sets just adding up.... 

i dont see why they can't make like 4k-5k storage....

i have full storage + inbox allways ... 

i can't equip some artifacts cuz i dont chemps but i need to save those artifacts when day come ...

i can't farm cuz inbox 400 slots allways sooo fulll....

expand storage plz

May 22, 2023, 10:2605/22/23
06/20/19

No I do not think storage should be increased.  That compounds the actual problem.  I think filters and sorting should be advanced beyond the 3rd grade level.  Don't get me wrong.  The recent advance from 1st grade to 3rd grade was a move in the right direction.

May 22, 2023, 12:2305/22/23
PriestGuardian

Disagree! Almost 2 years was the last item storage upgrade. 7 or 8 new item sets came out after, plus the mythical items ? Many item sets need 4 pieces and thats just for 1 character. Really want to sell it the changed 6star upgraded godlike items isn't ? Maybe if the upgraded items price wont be crap, because its equal with the unupgraded. You upgraded sometimes with 2m silver but same price with a pure item. Its ridiculous.

May 22, 2023, 13:2805/22/23
10/08/17
Deleted

Disagree! Almost 2 years was the last item storage upgrade. 7 or 8 new item sets came out after, plus the mythical items ? Many item sets need 4 pieces and thats just for 1 character. Really want to sell it the changed 6star upgraded godlike items isn't ? Maybe if the upgraded items price wont be crap, because its equal with the unupgraded. You upgraded sometimes with 2m silver but same price with a pure item. Its ridiculous.

and  you are entitled to that opinion :)

But my logic  is  if your holding on to 1000 artifacts then what exactly are your champions wearing?

Maybe you think in the next 2 years you will get enough new Legends to wear those 1000 artifacts your holding  on too ?

But do not forget that you will aquire another 1000 artifacts  in that same timeline if your  playing the game

just sell the junk Please! make some silver / you will thank me later

May 22, 2023, 13:4705/22/23
PriestGuardian

and  you are entitled to that opinion :)

But my logic  is  if your holding on to 1000 artifacts then what exactly are your champions wearing?

Maybe you think in the next 2 years you will get enough new Legends to wear those 1000 artifacts your holding  on too ?

But do not forget that you will aquire another 1000 artifacts  in that same timeline if your  playing the game

just sell the junk Please! make some silver / you will thank me later

The champions is geared with possible best items, but the good sets keeped and not sold. Thats more than 1000 pieces after 4 years. And dont forget when need to changes for good speed or other combinations. The sell really the best oppinion ? 

But we know why dont want Plarium to update. Bigger database=more server resources.

ShortOnSkillzModerator
May 22, 2023, 15:1805/22/23
06/24/19

Honestly I'd love more storage all around.  Gimme more room for gear and champs both plz.

May 22, 2023, 16:5405/22/23
11/01/22

More room would be a welcome addition with many toons requiring a normal set of Accessories and Artifacts for most encounters and another for RES A&A for other encounters means either giving up usuable sets for what I internally call my "closet" sets, really RES A&A. 

The closet for quick changes would solve much of my problem with changing back and forth and allowing enough space to carry a separate set of A&A for those Doom Tower and Arena encounters.

harleQuinnModerator
May 22, 2023, 16:5805/22/23
02/24/19
Urlibu FTP

This. Yes, storage isn't as large as it could be. But I've tightened my criteria for keeping items a lot, without any negative effects on my account. My guess is that most people keep way too many "just in case" items lying around.

Couldn't agree more.

As our time in game increases, your gear quality increases, and you need to get rid of things you would have kept the year before. We should routinely be getting rid of the bottom 10%+ of gear to make room for potential gear improvements through farming and forging.

And this is true even until you're already keeping only the best 0.1% of gear.

harleQuinnModerator
May 22, 2023, 16:5905/22/23
02/24/19

More than that, the game already nearly crashes on mobile when you open your full inventory. I'd hate to see what happens if that inventory was 2600 instead of 1300.

And really, two months into having 2600 slots we'd be hearing how gear space needed to be increased.

May 22, 2023, 17:5405/22/23
10/01/22
harleQuinn

More than that, the game already nearly crashes on mobile when you open your full inventory. I'd hate to see what happens if that inventory was 2600 instead of 1300.

And really, two months into having 2600 slots we'd be hearing how gear space needed to be increased.

i understand the points ur making, but also we have the story of the OP that happened (this is poor coding from a devs pov), and people are saying they are at a point between making a decision to keep or sell something which honestly is a shitty experience, plus we should also take into consideration that people like to do bulk dragon/ice goldem/spider runs , whichever it is, they save many multi battles and tonnes of energy for the occasion , and it wouldnt be unusual for people to do 100s of auto runs without checking their account for some time and with this logic in mind they have to ensure they have a lot of room to spare before even starting the runs or they might end up in the OP shoes where the game deletes ur hard earned items.

as for opening inventory page with near full items can lag? id say this might be more down to ur phone, even if its not, raid legends is a rapidly growing game and servers need to grow with it, they should really be adding item slots as standard with every item set they add to the game at least, because even if you dont agree with it now, you might when were 6 months from now where a potential 10 + new item sets have been added to the game but ur storage doesnt increase with it, mathematically if they dont add more slots and keep adding items sets this is eventually/already is going to be a bigger problem imo.

dthorne04Moderator
May 22, 2023, 18:0605/22/23
12/30/20
oblivion01332

i understand the points ur making, but also we have the story of the OP that happened (this is poor coding from a devs pov), and people are saying they are at a point between making a decision to keep or sell something which honestly is a shitty experience, plus we should also take into consideration that people like to do bulk dragon/ice goldem/spider runs , whichever it is, they save many multi battles and tonnes of energy for the occasion , and it wouldnt be unusual for people to do 100s of auto runs without checking their account for some time and with this logic in mind they have to ensure they have a lot of room to spare before even starting the runs or they might end up in the OP shoes where the game deletes ur hard earned items.

as for opening inventory page with near full items can lag? id say this might be more down to ur phone, even if its not, raid legends is a rapidly growing game and servers need to grow with it, they should really be adding item slots as standard with every item set they add to the game at least, because even if you dont agree with it now, you might when were 6 months from now where a potential 10 + new item sets have been added to the game but ur storage doesnt increase with it, mathematically if they dont add more slots and keep adding items sets this is eventually/already is going to be a bigger problem imo.

I have an iPhone 13, run into similar issues at least in terms of a significant slowdown. 

The vast majority of people who are running into inventory issues are keeping way, way too much junk. Split rolls which are just simply never coming in on your top 40/50 builds on your account, not getting away from rare/epic/legendary 5* gear fast enough.

May 22, 2023, 20:0405/22/23
May 22, 2023, 20:04(edited)
10/01/22
dthorne04

I have an iPhone 13, run into similar issues at least in terms of a significant slowdown. 

The vast majority of people who are running into inventory issues are keeping way, way too much junk. Split rolls which are just simply never coming in on your top 40/50 builds on your account, not getting away from rare/epic/legendary 5* gear fast enough.

i assume it is a server side then if you occasionally encounter the issue on ur iphone, but again this is easily over come with plarium investing a little more into servers.

i understand and dont argue that people may keep some items they should not keep, my self included, but i feel like we may as well say its time to remove all of our vault guardians and use them as chickens but people avoid this unless absolutely needed (iv personally never used an epic as a chicken yet) its something we dont want to have to be making decisions about and i
feel the same applies to items as they COULD have a use down the line .But either way with the number of item sets being added, some end game players explaining they have multiple builds for different occasions requiring multiple item sets per champion, and just general keeping of set items for those occasions you know ur going to need them for combined with needing to keep a reasonable extent of ur item storage empty so you can do bulk dragon runs for example and not worry about item overflow, i dont really see how its going to get better over time if we just see new sets added constantly, also i really dont see the issue with there being an option to increase storage space of it via silver and gems like we do with the champion vault (cause hey we'd rather pay a few 100k silver than use an epic as a chicken right?, same applies to a potentially really useul item) this way if people want the extra storage they can purchase it with gem/silver, if people dont feel the need for it they can just simply never use it, i only see benefits from it overall.

harleQuinnModerator
May 22, 2023, 21:0005/22/23
02/24/19

The slow down is certainly not a server side issue, but that's okay, And this is an issue that affects late game accounts like mine to a much more painful extent as well. But let's chat about the more important thing.

Once all your FW champs, arena champs, hydra champs and dungeon champs are all equipped, your CB team built, any gear remaining wasn't good enough to make ANY builds on ANY champs. For example, I've got 100+ champs equipped and the gear in my inventory wasn't good enough for any of those builds. At least a significant percent of this bottom tier gear needs to go to make room for more gear farming. 

My inventory only gets towards full when I have a great deal of gear waiting to be rolled from forging and farming. Once I do that on CvCs, I go through and cleanse it out. :)

May 22, 2023, 21:1205/22/23
10/01/22
harleQuinn

The slow down is certainly not a server side issue, but that's okay, And this is an issue that affects late game accounts like mine to a much more painful extent as well. But let's chat about the more important thing.

Once all your FW champs, arena champs, hydra champs and dungeon champs are all equipped, your CB team built, any gear remaining wasn't good enough to make ANY builds on ANY champs. For example, I've got 100+ champs equipped and the gear in my inventory wasn't good enough for any of those builds. At least a significant percent of this bottom tier gear needs to go to make room for more gear farming. 

My inventory only gets towards full when I have a great deal of gear waiting to be rolled from forging and farming. Once I do that on CvCs, I go through and cleanse it out. :)

well you just added another point here, the forge, not hard to create 100s of items instantly and neededing said space to do it combined with everything else i said.

also ur arguement may as well be "once you have essentially completed the game and gear all ur champs you wont need the extra space" :P im getting a very mixed emotion of yes and no on this topic overall though. but still think the option to purchase additonal space if you want it could be a really good add on.