Live Arena Matchmaking is extremely unfair and stupid

Live Arena Matchmaking is extremely unfair and stupid

Search
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
May 5, 2023, 13:5705/05/23
02/24/19
Trips

Leave the exaggeration to me... I wouldn't go that far.  Though even day 1 level 100s can vary from actual level 100 to 300 based on skill, $$$, intelligence not necessarily in that order. 

And yes I am attempting to hijack and derail the matchmaking debacle...

If you say they vary from 100 to 300, then my 20 to 100 doesn't seem so far.

I'm don't feel I am exaggerating either. I went up against a couple of the top arena accounts in Live right at the beginning, Day 3 or so, and never even got to play. Like not one bit.

Facing the accounts with Marichka/ Taras/ +2 Siphi/ +4 Rotos/ +3 Warlord or a +3 Nek, sheesh. Live makes it very very clear how much better their accounts are than mine. Might as well take my level 60 test account and play it against my real account and it would honestly be a fairer fight.

May 5, 2023, 14:1005/05/23
02/28/22

I don't see how it can get better, if as stated you can't drop points in Bronze then eventually -  some quicker than others - everyone will get to silver, and if you can't drop out of silver eventually every account that plays will end up there

The whales will move up obviously but the majority will have at best a 50/50 win loss and probably stay in S1 or S2

May 5, 2023, 14:1005/05/23
12/19/19
harleQuinn

If you say they vary from 100 to 300, then my 20 to 100 doesn't seem so far.

I'm don't feel I am exaggerating either. I went up against a couple of the top arena accounts in Live right at the beginning, Day 3 or so, and never even got to play. Like not one bit.

Facing the accounts with Marichka/ Taras/ +2 Siphi/ +4 Rotos/ +3 Warlord or a +3 Nek, sheesh. Live makes it very very clear how much better their accounts are than mine. Might as well take my level 60 test account and play it against my real account and it would honestly be a fairer fight.

I would argue the gear may be a bigger problem for me than the champs... my hybrid builds, crappy builds, lazy builds just don't cut it when I can't cherry pick.  Probably need to regear EVERYONE i use in PvP, and maybe switch from warmaster to better masteries lol

May 5, 2023, 14:4705/05/23
12/19/19
Ratted

I don't see how it can get better, if as stated you can't drop points in Bronze then eventually -  some quicker than others - everyone will get to silver, and if you can't drop out of silver eventually every account that plays will end up there

The whales will move up obviously but the majority will have at best a 50/50 win loss and probably stay in S1 or S2

Define better? If it's getting to gold quickly for everyone, then no. This is not classic arena...

If you are guaranteed to be in S1 eventually, then that will push up others.  

I thought it would happen quicker, but I don't think the reason I was wrong is matchmaking or the points system.  I think that was actually fairly well designed, we can all bitch about different aspects of how plarium does things with Raid but they aren't idiots lol. 

I think the lack of overall participation is the problem, and yes that is somewhat attributed to new player frustration but moreso to do with the limited time live is open.  For USA, the first 2 slots are primarily during standard working hours when many can only passively (rsl helper, multi battle), the 3rd for me is the one I can hit most days but I would prefer an hour earlier or later. The last is a no go like pushing plat time lol.

It's not new player friendly content 

It's not f2p friendly content

It's not pvp averse friendly content 

It's not easy mode friendly content 

99% of complainers about live would score 4/4 above. The rest 3 to 3.5 😆 

harleQuinnModerator
May 5, 2023, 14:5105/05/23
02/24/19
Trips

I would argue the gear may be a bigger problem for me than the champs... my hybrid builds, crappy builds, lazy builds just don't cut it when I can't cherry pick.  Probably need to regear EVERYONE i use in PvP, and maybe switch from warmaster to better masteries lol

My gear is starting to hold up to some of the better builds. Especially after all this SD farming I have been doing. Live really made me realize if I didn't really really focus it hard from this point on that I would never be able to compete. Right after my Day 3 dunking, I finally got my SD 24/25 team in order rather than just farming SD7.

So while my gear is less a problem, not having any  of the current S-tier nukers is. My major nuker has always been Mortu, and his gear is awesome. Have him over 100k and 300% CD in full 6 piece stone, and that can smack through almost anything... but he's bargain bin garbage in Live. People just don't target him until he is the only one left and then smack him down 4 to 1.  But if I was to pull a Rotos or Leo or Georgi or Baron or Candy or whatever I could have them at least 8.5k Atk and over 300% CD 5 minutes after I pulled. Would even take a Gala, she can smack harder than any of my current nukers.

Anyways, I'm on the full regear train. Have rebuilt two nukers and two supports just this week after a bunch of ascending gear.

May 5, 2023, 15:1305/05/23
05/01/23

Umm, I'm less than 2 months in at level 59 and I consistently beat 70-100 level players. Hell I feel like the 61-69 level players give me a harder time. I'm not competing with the highest level players but.... the sentence itself is self explanatory. They are the highest level players. That's PvP. 

I've only spent $200, but I spent it intelligently. That's like one night of a weekend not going to a bar. If ya want a layup and easy expectations, stick to PvE. 

This is my first time gleaning through these forums and while people are very welcoming and helpful, the amount of complaining is excessive. Gen Z, man. 

May 5, 2023, 16:5205/05/23
02/28/22
Trips

Define better? If it's getting to gold quickly for everyone, then no. This is not classic arena...

If you are guaranteed to be in S1 eventually, then that will push up others.  

I thought it would happen quicker, but I don't think the reason I was wrong is matchmaking or the points system.  I think that was actually fairly well designed, we can all bitch about different aspects of how plarium does things with Raid but they aren't idiots lol. 

I think the lack of overall participation is the problem, and yes that is somewhat attributed to new player frustration but moreso to do with the limited time live is open.  For USA, the first 2 slots are primarily during standard working hours when many can only passively (rsl helper, multi battle), the 3rd for me is the one I can hit most days but I would prefer an hour earlier or later. The last is a no go like pushing plat time lol.

It's not new player friendly content 

It's not f2p friendly content

It's not pvp averse friendly content 

It's not easy mode friendly content 

99% of complainers about live would score 4/4 above. The rest 3 to 3.5 😆 

I guess better would mean folk stop complaining about the matchmaking

For me I don't mind win or lose, teams I think I should beat and don't are a learning experience

I would like more tokens, and different/longer times as well

May 5, 2023, 17:1005/05/23
10/01/22
Trips

"simple solution, add more arena coins and let ranks ease out like they should have done from the start. "

This is the one point you make that is potentially valid.  It is taking longer to spread out, though I don't recall seeing anyone say it would take "days", that would seem unrealilistic if not impossible with the +5/-4 system.

But it is spreading out, the difference between S1 and S2 is drastic and certainly working as intended.  Currently only about 2000 probably in S2 or higher, so everyone else is Bronze or S1.  Unfortunately S1 is going to be where everyone is complaining until the higher ranks fill, and even then will still be complaining because they just plain suck at arena (never had to learn in nerfed/broken classic, and dont do tag because its too hard).

You get 10 free tokens a day, you may have to leave 8 of 10 or get stomped... next week will be 7, then 6.... eventually (not days -- please link this if plarium actually said this.  I would call it an error not a lie if so).  Lack of patience to be able to succeed in content that you afre not ready for is still the primary problem...

We need a new thread:  NON-MATCHMAKING LIVE ARENA suggestions.  Some of which will help make more "fair" -- though this is not an objective imo lol.

1. More free refills for next 30 days

2. Change Live Arena availability from 4 2-hour windows to 8 1-hour windows every 3 hours.

3. ?????

While I think your suggestion #1 will help, the bigger problem likely is lack of participation at all or people actually not using the 10 every day.  I actually thin.k adding "Particpate in Live Arena 5x" to advanced quests will solve this.  NOT win, or use faction only, ... lol

you say my point makes potential valid sense, its been the only point iv been trying to make in every post,just had others putting words into my mouth.

as for the time frame thing you refer to it was linked in quote by 1 of the moderators here from plarium them self, and yes ur right, this is what iv been trying to point out it would be mathematically impossible for everyone to fall into rank in reasonable time frame that they them self quoted.

and the suggestion you give is very similar to what i suggested which is why i never understood why plarium launched the update with such small amount of arena live coins to begin with, but i feel its something they should have done from the word go, but still think it will help ease ranking if implied.

May 6, 2023, 18:0905/06/23
03/05/19

@fjorgin 

the matchmatching its oke... 

system match battles according to ur currently tier...

in ur case u got enemy from close tier as you ...

i think if u loose to much system will give u lowest enemy...

u can expect plyrs from one tier up or down accoring to you...

bronze2 will never get silver 1 if u kno what i mean...

i

doesnt ever matter if u got randomly all bronze tier enemies cuz losse dont count u can do planty battles... until silver

May 25, 2023, 12:4705/25/23
11/30/20

couldn't agree more

Nov 25, 2023, 06:3311/25/23
05/12/23

Yes, Live Arena needs a better pairing system.  Lvl 50 against a 100 is ridiculous.  The highest I've beaten is 91.  With that being said my guys are decent  and I'm a 189 day player.  On the flip side If your a lvl 100 and I beat you,  do you think that hundred should be playing?  All that experience and you cant beat a 6 month player?  Hang up your cleats and go play pokemon.  My suggestion is lvl 50 to 74 in Tier 1 & 75 to 100 Tier 2.  All in All If you ostracize your new players they will not play.  

Sgt. Of Marines

Nov 25, 2023, 09:5911/25/23
06/20/19

Fairy old thread, but since it's resurfaced again; I reread the OP, says they'd like all their tokens returned.  

Would that be the 5 FREE tokens you're given every day?  Or would it be the additional 5 FREE tokens they give you every day just for using the first 5 FREE tokens, win or lose?  

Or maybe you're suggesting that if you use 10 FREE tokens and just can't figure out how to get a win you feel cheated and would like another 10 FREE tokens?  

Or if you still can't figure out how to get a win after 20 FREE tokens you'd like 10 more FREE tokens returned to you?

I'm just looking for clarification on the complaint.

Nov 25, 2023, 11:1611/25/23
12/16/21

I just recently hit level 100, and sometimes i feel bad when i get matched up against someone like level 75ish ....until I notice they have 300 more points than I do.

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 25, 2023, 17:0111/25/23
12/30/20
MooredRat

I just recently hit level 100, and sometimes i feel bad when i get matched up against someone like level 75ish ....until I notice they have 300 more points than I do.

long time level 100 here:

it's most fun when you run into those types and their first 4/5 are Harima/Tarichka/WL or Yume

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Nov 25, 2023, 18:1411/25/23
06/24/19
dthorne04

long time level 100 here:

it's most fun when you run into those types and their first 4/5 are Harima/Tarichka/WL or Yume

Don't forget when they're also empowered with 5*+ awakenings.