All Categories

Pulled my first usable 6 star soul!

Search
Mar 20, 2023, 20:3103/20/23
06/05/22

I just finished the path of the clover and pulled a 6* miscreated monster soul. A legendary would of course have been better, but among epics I consider this a very good hit.

Of course I already have some other 5 and 6* souls of champs I don't have, most notably 5* warlord ;(

Anyways, what blessing should I go with? Is he viable for arena, e.g. with commanding presence?

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 20, 2023, 21:2103/20/23
06/25/20

The short answer is - unfortunately he's rather eclipsed by most other champs, so I don't know if you'll have any real use for him.

He certainly has zero place in arena, and obviously has no place in CB/Hydra. For dungeon content, I guess he could be a decent AoE CC'er if you are really struggling for that, but I have to assume you have better options there too.

Mar 20, 2023, 22:1003/20/23
06/05/22

Wow. I mean, I remember that in low-level arena, his ally protect + fear was very annoying. Too bad it translates to exactly nothing at higher levels, even with all the extra stats and utility of a 6* soul.

For dungeons, I don't need him. Might be an option for DT floors, though I have plenty of champs there too.

So, do I just keep this soul around in case the arena meta dramatically shifts, the blessings are reworked, or some other weird stuff happens? Or is it just a straight up trade into 38% of another stone?

God, this system has such a bad trade-in ratio, it's kind of disgusting. But I could go again with the ~600 coins I have saved up.

Mar 20, 2023, 22:3403/20/23
07/10/20

MM is usable in arena but it requires a particular team concept. I have an account where my longtime gold team is anchored by MM and Harvest Jack. Jack and MM are both massively HP'd up with tons of speed and ACC. Jack is amplified by MM's aura, he goes first and true fears the entire other team about 95% of the time. Then MM hits them all with a stun. After that I've mixed and matched in various others, but that duo has been reliable af for me in crippling the other teams before they can even go. 

Would this take you to the top of platinum? No, but it shows that he has a purpose, anyway. And in my setup he would ABSOLUTELY benefit from commanding presence. 

Mar 20, 2023, 22:5903/20/23
06/05/22

I dunno. my MM isn't even level 60, and I have way bigger champs coming into my account right now.

I might just defer this until I start trying hard for tag arena. At that point it would be really useful to have high-level souls, so I'll have to make some decisions. But until then, I can just chill and focus on building Yakarl.

Mar 21, 2023, 00:1503/21/23
06/25/20

Just to be clear - could you build a G5 team around him? Probably. But you could also build a G5 team around four level-60 Bully's.

Any serious arena team you actually build around MM, will almost certainly be better with someone other than him - largely because of the same reason most champs don't do well on go2 arena teams. He brings nothing of value until he gets a turn. Go2 champs need to do one of two things:

1. Either bring a team cleanse, so you can stick them in high resist and cleanse debuffs from the rest of your team before they get a turn, with Mithrala being the logical choice here, but champs like Pythion also being very strong, or
  2. Bring a strong passive effect. Most high-end arena teams use UDK for example. Other common choices include Tuhanarak, Nekhret, Ursaga, and Boragar - all of which bring very strong reactionary passives.

The *only* situation I could see where he may have *some* role, would be on a team with Nekhret, because you get the free AP at combat start, which means anyone who does an AoE nuke will get hit with that passive fear. But that's both incredibly specific, and still likely eclipsed by many other champs.