All Categories

Better Tag Speed lead Helmut v Deacon?

Search
Mar 20, 2023, 12:0303/20/23
08/22/21

Hey everyone, looking for recommendations.  I have Arbiter and Kymar as two of my three speed leads in Tag arena.  Archmage Helmut has been my other for a while now and I just pulled Deacon.  I'm getting ready to 6* Deacon, but if he's not a significant increase over Helmut, then I'm going to devote my resources elsewhere.  My next mission for Ramantu is S1 in tag.  I know I'll need him for FW, and probably DTH.  But my focus right now is on Tag arena.  Thoughts?

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 20, 2023, 12:2103/20/23
07/08/19

post your roster, post your teams.

i'd say deacon is the better choice overall, but it really depends on who they're paired with.

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 20, 2023, 12:4003/20/23
02/24/19

Deacon is great in Tag, or historically has been. The issue rightnow of course is that everything is super tank, super res, super cleanser sustain teams. Speed teams are a little dead at the moment.

If you want, post your roster and what teams you are thinking of?

Mar 20, 2023, 12:4503/20/23
08/22/21

Thanks. I'll post my roster and teams a little later.

Mar 20, 2023, 13:2003/20/23
10/15/20

I would not build 3 speed teams at all in Tag. It may be easier to make one go 2nd team early, you'll need that anyway in higher stages. After reaching Silver 1, there will follow up missions for the higher silver stages, and you will reach a point, where enemies have strong defensive teams that can't be overcome with speed. Everybody wears stoneskin in higher tiers, and buff removal vs, stoneskin is a 50/50 gambling. 

Mar 20, 2023, 17:3403/20/23
08/22/21
harleQuinn

Deacon is great in Tag, or historically has been. The issue rightnow of course is that everything is super tank, super res, super cleanser sustain teams. Speed teams are a little dead at the moment.

If you want, post your roster and what teams you are thinking of?

Here's my roster as promised.  My current teams are Arbiter/Ninja/Deliana/Fatman, Kymar/Scyl/Astralon/Alek, Hellmut/Giscard/Stag Knight/Ursala.  I've been taking the lazy way out of the Advanced Quests, where the quests are "4 Different Affinities", "Single Affinity", "Single Faction".

i

i

i

i

i

i

Mar 20, 2023, 17:5303/20/23

Overall Deacon is better, but. Speed teams in Tag just working at lower leagues. At silver3-4 better if you forget the speed teams. Go2nd teams better there.

Ok some speed team should work, Arb with warlord or same teams.

You dont use Pythion and you have two. UDK etc. Start to build them if you want to reach gold1. Simple speed teams not enough to reach Ramantu, this is my oppinion.

Mar 20, 2023, 17:5903/20/23
08/22/21
Deleted

Overall Deacon is better, but. Speed teams in Tag just working at lower leagues. At silver3-4 better if you forget the speed teams. Go2nd teams better there.

Ok some speed team should work, Arb with warlord or same teams.

You dont use Pythion and you have two. UDK etc. Start to build them if you want to reach gold1. Simple speed teams not enough to reach Ramantu, this is my oppinion.

Thank you.  I only have one Pythion.  I'm just trying to get into S1 right now, but I know I need to get better at this so I can continue to move up.  So Rhazin/Warlord/Pythion Based teams with Stone Skin are better for tag?

Mar 20, 2023, 18:1603/20/23
06/25/20

Teams:

Arb (280+ SPD, doesn't need to be uber fast) + Warlord (500+ ACC) + Kymar (500+ ACC) + Astralon (DPS - ignore ACC, his goal is to kill, but also be a backup reviver). Astra could be subbed out for a different nuker, if you have one that is better geared.

Pythion (600+ RES including aura. ESSENTIAL.) + UDK (focus on HP/DEF, ignore other stats. ideally in a Guardian set) + Norog (focus on HP/DEF, ignore other stats) + Rotos (pure DPS gear, use whatever is best)

Hakkorn + Aniri + Scyl + MK - this is a throwaway team. Gear it as best as you can, but expect to lose most matches with it. You don't have a better option for the moment - but keep your eye out for Cardinal.

Mar 20, 2023, 18:2303/20/23
08/22/21
kramaswamy.kr

Teams:

Arb (280+ SPD, doesn't need to be uber fast) + Warlord (500+ ACC) + Kymar (500+ ACC) + Astralon (DPS - ignore ACC, his goal is to kill, but also be a backup reviver). Astra could be subbed out for a different nuker, if you have one that is better geared.

Pythion (600+ RES including aura. ESSENTIAL.) + UDK (focus on HP/DEF, ignore other stats. ideally in a Guardian set) + Norog (focus on HP/DEF, ignore other stats) + Rotos (pure DPS gear, use whatever is best)

Hakkorn + Aniri + Scyl + MK - this is a throwaway team. Gear it as best as you can, but expect to lose most matches with it. You don't have a better option for the moment - but keep your eye out for Cardinal.

Thanks Krama, I'll give this a go.  I already have UDK in a Guardian set, but I was going to change it because I thought it was redundant.  Guess I'll keep it.

Mar 20, 2023, 18:4103/20/23
kramaswamy.kr

Teams:

Yup this setups looks good Krama. I should build Pythion just littlebit different mode, but i keep that secret for me, because wont be luckiest to telling to opponents (or for everyone) against those go2nd teams counter, which is i have. :D