All Categories

F2P vs P2W Argument

F2P vs P2W Argument

Search
Mar 18, 2023, 20:5503/18/23
04/23/22

F2P vs P2W Argument

Idea behind F2P vs P2W is so stupid

All the whales in here that defend P2W Mechanics are just defending a completely rigged system.

Plarium had set forth a system where F2P players cannot realistically keep up with P2W Players.  I have played this game for over a year.  I have 2 Legendary Faction Guardians, I have 0 +1 Legendary Champions, I have 0 6 Star Ascended Champions, 0 6 Star Ascended Gear.  Very Little Stoneskin Gear or better, nor do I really have any other of the god tier sets.  But I still have to face off and compete with people that do.

Is it because they are better players? have they invested more time into game... (Possible, but even still wouldn't likely be the main contributing reason for this unfair advantage)... Are the their teeth whiter... Maybe I don't really know...

The main thing that seperates my account from players that do is either 3 years+ of game time or a bigger credit card limit.

Basically an every day players that is constitantly doing dailies and mid maxing their accounts cannot compete with whale accounts without likely being several years of game time.  And even still these F2P lifers, are likely still not on whale account levels.

Yes the company needs to make money to grow and expand, but doing so by affecting the balance of power within the community is absolutely absurd.  And plarium takes pay 2 win to entirely new levels, as almost every aspect of this game can purchased.

What is the point of a game?  Point of a game is to create a competitive enviroment

Or Offical Definition: A game is an activity or sport usually involving skill, knowledge, or chance, in which you follow fixed rules and try to win against an opponent or to solve a puzzle

Every patch and update seems to shift the objective of the game from solving a puzzel to solving credit karma scores.  If the only reason you win is because you bought your way to victory, what the hell is the point of playing?

Views
Comments
Comments
dthorne04Moderator
Mar 18, 2023, 21:3703/18/23
12/30/20

Must be deja vu because I think I've seen this thread before. 

Anyway, as has been said a multitude of times over your several threads: if you would like to improve at the game, lots of people here can help. I'd think it would be a better use of your time rather than hotlinking definitions.

Your metrics are also quite flawed because realistically there is no way to know how efficient you are with in game grinding, shard pulls, resource management so on and so forth. Have you been getting 6x Hydra chests per week for months if not longer? If the answer is no, why are you entitled to have good Stone Skin? This argument applies to most of your approach to the game, as the vast majority of the game can be played at a high level over time.

Mar 18, 2023, 21:3903/18/23
Mar 18, 2023, 21:40(edited)
04/24/22

Games are an activity played for the entertainment or fun , there is no official definition for it has even in this age , people still argue over whats the definition of the word game ... 

Raid is basically a solo game with a social aspect , the pvp part and cvc part could be replaced by AI and nobody would even notice it at first glance . 

The only whaling part possible is on the tournament top place ...or if you actually care what other players achieve on their solo progression . 

Mar 18, 2023, 22:1803/18/23
06/20/19

You forgot to say "rant over!"

Mar 18, 2023, 22:3303/18/23
11/01/22

Amazing! I haven't learn a thing from this thread other than one opinion. 

- Coag

Mar 18, 2023, 22:3303/18/23
07/08/19
Angwil

You forgot to say "rant over!"

something tells me it isn't

Mar 19, 2023, 01:5403/19/23
04/23/22
dthorne04

Must be deja vu because I think I've seen this thread before. 

Anyway, as has been said a multitude of times over your several threads: if you would like to improve at the game, lots of people here can help. I'd think it would be a better use of your time rather than hotlinking definitions.

Your metrics are also quite flawed because realistically there is no way to know how efficient you are with in game grinding, shard pulls, resource management so on and so forth. Have you been getting 6x Hydra chests per week for months if not longer? If the answer is no, why are you entitled to have good Stone Skin? This argument applies to most of your approach to the game, as the vast majority of the game can be played at a high level over time.

Its not a single player game when the best rewards are locked behind a paywall against other players

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 19, 2023, 02:4303/19/23
Mar 19, 2023, 02:43(edited)
12/30/20
xGhostwindx

Its not a single player game when the best rewards are locked behind a paywall against other players

if only we had a long term F2P player on the forum who posted their teams and results in hard through nightmare hydra

Mar 19, 2023, 03:5303/19/23
06/20/19

I fight it rather odd that the player complaining about how hard it is to progress in this game f2p is the very same player complaining that plarium is giving us to many opportunities to get frag/fusion champs.

i mean, I'm sure there are many many totally and practically f2p players that there game is based in large part due to these events.

does the op understand that by not participating they're actually slowing there own progress, and worse by asking that the opptlortunites be reduced they'd be slowing 1000's of other player's game?

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 19, 2023, 05:3103/19/23
02/24/19
Angwil

I fight it rather odd that the player complaining about how hard it is to progress in this game f2p is the very same player complaining that plarium is giving us to many opportunities to get frag/fusion champs.

i mean, I'm sure there are many many totally and practically f2p players that there game is based in large part due to these events.

does the op understand that by not participating they're actually slowing there own progress, and worse by asking that the opptlortunites be reduced they'd be slowing 1000's of other player's game?

I don't spend and don't want any fusions and events to be reduced. My account is built on making sure I've done every fusion I could. Including pushing to Nightmare CB and UNM CB as quickly as possible to make sure I could do them all as quickly as possible.

I got my Plat finish and Gold 4 Tag placement before I bought anything. But maybe my smile is just brighter, idk. lol

Mar 19, 2023, 08:5503/19/23
09/14/20

I can understand having no 6* ascended gear...but having no 6* ascended champion after 1 year of playing? I am quite sure that this is not the case and you were referring to have a 6* soul champion...which I also do not have after about 2,5 years of playing. 

Mar 19, 2023, 11:1103/19/23
12/19/22
dthorne04

if only we had a long term F2P player on the forum who posted their teams and results in hard through nightmare hydra

I've been playing f2p for 4 years.. a big waste of time and electricity consumption, you can't fight in hydra nightmare or at least I can't... even after 4 years of playing and many hours a day 

every day I consume the energies of dragon and fire knight, hoping that I will also catch good items, after 4 years I still don't have an armor from the savage set 6 stars with % attack ,

i

i

i

Mar 19, 2023, 11:1703/19/23
12/19/22

there are only a few of the players who are "satisfied" with what they receive daily or weekly from clan boss and hydra, otherwise most of them have stupid and very stupid moves, and I think that those who are supported can be seen by their posts on the forum even if he plays "f2p" 

Mar 19, 2023, 14:2803/19/23
06/02/22

Hi, of course spending gives you better gear and more chance of progress. Still why is it an issue ? Apart from arena and tag is no real PvP in the game and quite frankly neither of them pits you against a player just a shell set up to be attacked. So the in-game progress may be slower f2p it is still possible to achieve all goals set out for you, BUT the choice to spend or otherwise should perhaps be left to the player themselves. Is it really an issue. Still lots of free stuff given away. Still "Johnny has a new ball I want one." 

Mar 19, 2023, 17:3203/19/23
Mar 19, 2023, 17:32(edited)
01/15/21

Firstly paying absoloutely does give advantages, the forge pass gives one of the best sets in the game - buying lots of shards will eventually give +4 champs which makes a huge difference in arena, and buying souls will (if you spend an obscene amount of money) be a huge advantage.

However- its a mobile game and plarium are a business and i dont personally feel it is as predatory as for example the latest blizzard mobile game. Plus in order to get a really big advantage you have to spend mind blowing sums.

You can do most things ftp, albeit more slowly.

I have been ftp 2.5 years, the only bit i havent done in that time is plat arena - all other content is clear.

Mar 19, 2023, 17:3503/19/23
12/19/22

I think that donations also influence the chance of getting a good hero at summon, I don't know why but look at my number of heroes collected in 4 years, but I don't have Madame Serrys, Seer and many epic void heroes are missing from my inventory, if a moderator can tell me what is the chance that in the next 4 years I will receive at least the epic void heroes that are now, I'm not talking about legendary ones 

Mar 20, 2023, 01:3503/20/23
04/23/22

So if you haven't done plat arena, im assuming then you have not done plat gold 3v3 as well, as gold 3v3 is much harder than standard arena for most. Most free 2 play players will never see gold 3v3.

I doubt very few f2p accounts have cleared iron twins 15, and fewer yet have prob passed stage 10 or higher on sand devils.  I also doubt nearly all f2p accounts above lvl 100 win very many tournaments 1st place.  As I went from winning about 85% of them to being able to place top 10 in nearly any of them anymore after i hit lvl 70.

I have transitioned to f2p and even after saving since last fusion barly had enough shards for this one.  can barely hit 150k in cvc....  Also I do everything i can daily spending every drop of energy... All normal dungeons on 25 farm, Iron Twins stage 12, sand devils stage 7,  Been clearing Norm DT for about 8 months, generally floor 60-80 hard dt for past 6 months.  stuck between bronze 4 and silver 1 3v3 but have applied little effort, most teams are absurd with most +2 or +3 champs.  Came very close to hitting plat once, but now i just single defense farm gold 5

The further i get into the game the less I can do i am noticing.  Also no longer really having access to Relentless Gear, Defiant, Bolster sets etc... is really hurting progression at this point.  Grats whales you bought the game.

Mar 20, 2023, 01:3603/20/23
04/23/22

I also im at like 725 stars in faction wars, have arbitor, 7 frags away from mythrilla... so im a pretty efficient player, but the pay wall behind end game gear is just absurd.

Mar 20, 2023, 01:4903/20/23
12/19/19
xGhostwindx

I also im at like 725 stars in faction wars, have arbitor, 7 frags away from mythrilla... so im a pretty efficient player, but the pay wall behind end game gear is just absurd.

You are far from efficient... I am G4 tag most weeks,  never attempted plat due time zone and my old age requiring sleep.  I've been playing longer, but if you haven't got Lydia yet u r only midgame 😀

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 20, 2023, 02:0203/20/23
12/30/20
Diribas

I've been playing f2p for 4 years.. a big waste of time and electricity consumption, you can't fight in hydra nightmare or at least I can't... even after 4 years of playing and many hours a day 

every day I consume the energies of dragon and fire knight, hoping that I will also catch good items, after 4 years I still don't have an armor from the savage set 6 stars with % attack ,

i

i

i

"every day I consume the energies of dragon and fire knight, hoping that I will also catch good items, after 4 years I still don't have an armor from the savage set 6 stars with % attack"

As I broke down with math in your previous thread that you deleted due to not hearing what you wanted to, this is an incredibly flawed metric to chase or really gain any sort of insight from. Anywho.

It looks as though you don't do fusions, which hurts your chances on doing higher tier Hydra due to missing Bivald, Ukko. Complaints about Hydra and your champions...you have Nekmo, Siphi, Kantra, among others.

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 20, 2023, 02:1103/20/23
Mar 20, 2023, 06:05(edited)
12/30/20
xGhostwindx

So if you haven't done plat arena, im assuming then you have not done plat gold 3v3 as well, as gold 3v3 is much harder than standard arena for most. Most free 2 play players will never see gold 3v3.

I doubt very few f2p accounts have cleared iron twins 15, and fewer yet have prob passed stage 10 or higher on sand devils.  I also doubt nearly all f2p accounts above lvl 100 win very many tournaments 1st place.  As I went from winning about 85% of them to being able to place top 10 in nearly any of them anymore after i hit lvl 70.

I have transitioned to f2p and even after saving since last fusion barly had enough shards for this one.  can barely hit 150k in cvc....  Also I do everything i can daily spending every drop of energy... All normal dungeons on 25 farm, Iron Twins stage 12, sand devils stage 7,  Been clearing Norm DT for about 8 months, generally floor 60-80 hard dt for past 6 months.  stuck between bronze 4 and silver 1 3v3 but have applied little effort, most teams are absurd with most +2 or +3 champs.  Came very close to hitting plat once, but now i just single defense farm gold 5

The further i get into the game the less I can do i am noticing.  Also no longer really having access to Relentless Gear, Defiant, Bolster sets etc... is really hurting progression at this point.  Grats whales you bought the game.

"most free players will never see gold 3v3"

oh? are they entitled to? the fact of the matter is a lot of players - spenders or otherwise - don't put in the effort necessary to get to that level of arena, which is completely fine. but to boil it down to just a F2P vs P2W thing is frankly insulting to anyone who's tried to do well in the game despite their restrictions, whether it be spending, luck or a combination of both

"very few have cleared Iron Twins 15 or sand devil 10"

Again, refer to the prior paragraph. Lots of F2P/low spend folks who put in the time get there and more. 

Honestly, I think you have screwy metrics for what you can and should be able to do in the game. There is likely a multitude of gaps in your knowledge, approach to the game. it shows in that you are mentioning Plat when you very likely don't have the accumulated knowledge on how to counter specific teams, comps, so on and so forth. If Arena were closer to what it should be - i.e. no loss caps - then you might not even be in gold 5. there is also no way your account is to the point where you need to be worrying about CvC minimums that some T6 clans ask for...

You mention tag but then acknowledge you have put in little effort. I have had a ton of the champs I use currently in G3 tag for a long time now. but, I did not get there (from S3/S4 tag in the early Fall) until I put the time in, asked advice from friends who are better than I am and really thought about the teams, builds and counters I want to bring to fights. If you don't want to do something, that is fine. but please do not conflate that with it being impossible, gated off, whatever you wish to call it.  

Tournaments get harder as you go along in the game, even if you spend. you run into people who manage their resources better than you, sometimes even F2P/low spend doing that. 

All that said, I am still yet to see builds, roster, teams, etc