All Categories

Supreme Elhain Fusion and Calendar

Supreme Elhain Fusion and Calendar

Search
Comments
Mar 11, 2023, 23:4703/11/23
12/19/19
harleQuinn

What else are people using the resources for? Requirements aren't historically going down. I'd rather do the fusions and not need em, then save 12+ fusions worth of resources to only do a couple fusions a year.

Also do not have Baron or Georgi. Anything that ignores Nekhret stuff is automatically a "need to fuse" for me.

99% of players evaluate this incorrectly. The aggregate resources required to complete the fusion is not the relevant metric that is most pertinent.  It is the incremental that is important. 

This is why crying (imo) has increased significantly. The incremental, the resources beyond baseline activity, is WAY higher than before.  We could complete fusions and be resource positive for the month in the past.  This is obviously counterproductive to Plarium business objectives. The impact is also exponentially higher for those who got comfortable hoarding energy between fusions.  I even rationalized doing this, despite the inefficiency in the practice. 

Now we have a segment that expects to complete more difficult fusions, with fewer resources while playing the game less.  And of course for free :)

I just looked at the event structure, my cursory glance tells me it is crap overlap in addition to the persistent inflation... ouch. And of course a cvc hiatus of sorts 😆. 

Mar 12, 2023, 01:0803/12/23
01/19/21

Chase and summon are both expensive in terms of hoarding shards, but it can be done if you skip some 2x/10x/etc. This looks to be the worst one as of yet though.

What really kills me is the dungeon diving though, and again, this particular fusion is, if not the worst, at least on par with the worst fusions so far. Not only are the points required very high, but we have 2 of those events for which there is only a single overlapping dungeon event. For the 2nd, it's not even a full dungeon event, so it's 2 days worth of energy that to a large extent is wasted. But it does have training events, that are very inefficient for dungeon diving points, just to make it even more bothersome. Even the CvC is strategically placed between them, one that offers both personal rewards and some undisclosed extra special stuff, with another temptation to use energy on. 

The end result is that not only is the energy requirements higher to get the points in the first place, the efficiency of the energy you do spend is pretty bad. Not to mention the time needed to actually spend all that energy. It's looking like someone sat down and designed a schedule with the intention of making it as unnecessarily difficult as possible. Between this apparently being the new norm and the new PvP time drain just to rub salt in the wound, I think I'm getting close to my breaking point.

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 12, 2023, 05:1903/12/23
Mar 12, 2023, 05:22(edited)
02/24/19
Trips

99% of players evaluate this incorrectly. The aggregate resources required to complete the fusion is not the relevant metric that is most pertinent.  It is the incremental that is important. 

This is why crying (imo) has increased significantly. The incremental, the resources beyond baseline activity, is WAY higher than before.  We could complete fusions and be resource positive for the month in the past.  This is obviously counterproductive to Plarium business objectives. The impact is also exponentially higher for those who got comfortable hoarding energy between fusions.  I even rationalized doing this, despite the inefficiency in the practice. 

Now we have a segment that expects to complete more difficult fusions, with fewer resources while playing the game less.  And of course for free :)

I just looked at the event structure, my cursory glance tells me it is crap overlap in addition to the persistent inflation... ouch. And of course a cvc hiatus of sorts 😆. 

People want the champions to get better relative to their account improvements. So as their accounts get better, they want them to cost the same as even the worst fusions always have.

Dreng, Helicath, Ukko, Pythion, Gnishak, Morrigaine. You can build accounts with those fusions. In my opinion, those champs can anchor any account.

They are just cheaper than the guaranteed champs, and while you are doing them, you get to farm gear, pull for champs, upgrade gear, rank champs. Literally just PLAY the game and use your resources improving your account, and get a legendary champ with it. I really have so much trouble understanding what the complaints about fusions not being worth it even are. Just save your CB shards between fusions instead of wasting them, focus the correct dungeons for a week, upgrade your artifacts, rank up some champs, and you get a legendary as a bonus.

If you're not willing to farm the dungeons and do some artifact ranking while you get a bonus champion for it, when ARE you playing the game? Cause it feels like you just want to log in only, from my perspective.

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 12, 2023, 05:2103/12/23
02/24/19

Additionally, I will fight on the hill that Karato Foxhunter was the worst fusion we have seen. Nothing so far has compared to how difficult he was. Classic Fusion with very very high point requirements, and everything used green pots cause it was all Fyljas.

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 12, 2023, 05:3403/12/23
12/30/20
harleQuinn

Additionally, I will fight on the hill that Karato Foxhunter was the worst fusion we have seen. Nothing so far has compared to how difficult he was. Classic Fusion with very very high point requirements, and everything used green pots cause it was all Fyljas.

Could not agree more with this. We absolutely blasted through both of our accounts getting that one done, WOOF.

"If you're not willing to farm the dungeons and do some artifact ranking while you get a bonus champion for it, when ARE you playing the game? Cause it feels like you just want to log in only, from my perspective."

Could not agree with both of these posts more and this is very much where I'm at as well. I would much rather be active in fusions, grabbing champions that almost always improving my account versus the alternatives. 

Mar 12, 2023, 05:4103/12/23
07/08/19
harleQuinn

gotta disagree with you there. karato's may have been the most resource-intensive fusion, but the title of worst can only go to the sheer monotony that was var-gall's.

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 12, 2023, 06:5403/12/23
02/24/19
dthorne04

Could not agree more with this. We absolutely blasted through both of our accounts getting that one done, WOOF.

"If you're not willing to farm the dungeons and do some artifact ranking while you get a bonus champion for it, when ARE you playing the game? Cause it feels like you just want to log in only, from my perspective."

Could not agree with both of these posts more and this is very much where I'm at as well. I would much rather be active in fusions, grabbing champions that almost always improving my account versus the alternatives. 

Like, doing dungeon divers, farming spider, dragon, fire knight, even ice golem... then upgrading artifacts? It IMPROVES your account. If you aren't gonna improve your account when you also get a legendary to do it, when the heck ARE you doing it?

Mar 12, 2023, 12:1203/12/23
12/19/19
Carpe_Piscis

gotta disagree with you there. karato's may have been the most resource-intensive fusion, but the title of worst can only go to the sheer monotony that was var-gall's.

At least hydra made him very useful, I would actually consider building a 2nd if I pulled...

Mar 12, 2023, 12:1703/12/23
Mar 12, 2023, 12:19(edited)
01/15/21

"What else are people using the resources for"

Well you could save the resources for a future fusion that you need. Doing every two or three fusions is easier than doing every fusion.

Personally I am working on building marichka and another mortu and keeping shards for a fusion I really want

Mar 12, 2023, 12:2203/12/23
01/15/21
Trips

I wouldnt describe myself as 'crying'. I am simply suggesting that people who struggle with shard requirements are selective in the fusions they do.

Its a business, they want you to spend. As ftp being able to do every second fusion would be good. Trying to do every fusion as an ftp and failing some fusions would be incredibly wasteful.

Mar 12, 2023, 13:3603/12/23
12/19/19
Trevor Wilson

I wouldnt describe myself as 'crying'. I am simply suggesting that people who struggle with shard requirements are selective in the fusions they do.

Its a business, they want you to spend. As ftp being able to do every second fusion would be good. Trying to do every fusion as an ftp and failing some fusions would be incredibly wasteful.

You have realistic expectations, you are an outlier 😆 not a crybaby...

Mar 12, 2023, 13:3703/12/23
12/19/19
Trevor Wilson

Well you could save the resources for a future fusion that you need. Doing every two or three fusions is easier than doing every fusion.

Personally I am working on building marichka and another mortu and keeping shards for a fusion I really want

Your shard luck must be ridiculously good...lol. marichka!! 2nd mortu, Georgid... wtf!!!

Mar 12, 2023, 14:0403/12/23
06/05/22
harleQuinn

Like, doing dungeon divers, farming spider, dragon, fire knight, even ice golem... then upgrading artifacts? It IMPROVES your account. If you aren't gonna improve your account when you also get a legendary to do it, when the heck ARE you doing it?

The thing is, as my account progresses, I have to spend more and more resources on getting specific things done. An early account is sort of continuously improving the main team. No big deal waiting a week or two. But a more advanced account you might get your head deep into one type of content, and really want to get it done, then forget about it and focus on something else.

For example, I went really hard for the last few FW crypts while the free regear was going on. I spent all my silver making builds and upgrading stuff. This was worth it, but it was grueling. I spent about 6h manualing fights until the rng hit just right.

When I'm in the flow in this way, I don't want to be interrupted by the game telling me to go do something else, while I have a bunch of champs half naked because I'm temporarily using their gear on someone else.

In a nutshell, as my account advances, I find I have less and less patience to wait around for the game to tell me what to do. Now fusions are an afterthought, and that makes them harder and more burdensome than if they're the main thing you're waiting for.

Mar 12, 2023, 14:5003/12/23
01/15/21
Trips

Your shard luck must be ridiculously good...lol. marichka!! 2nd mortu, Georgid... wtf!!!

My luck with pulls has been embarrasing lately! 

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 12, 2023, 19:2903/12/23
Mar 12, 2023, 19:30(edited)
02/24/19
Urlibu FTP

The thing is, as my account progresses, I have to spend more and more resources on getting specific things done. An early account is sort of continuously improving the main team. No big deal waiting a week or two. But a more advanced account you might get your head deep into one type of content, and really want to get it done, then forget about it and focus on something else.

For example, I went really hard for the last few FW crypts while the free regear was going on. I spent all my silver making builds and upgrading stuff. This was worth it, but it was grueling. I spent about 6h manualing fights until the rng hit just right.

When I'm in the flow in this way, I don't want to be interrupted by the game telling me to go do something else, while I have a bunch of champs half naked because I'm temporarily using their gear on someone else.

In a nutshell, as my account advances, I find I have less and less patience to wait around for the game to tell me what to do. Now fusions are an afterthought, and that makes them harder and more burdensome than if they're the main thing you're waiting for.

If your'e choosing to go hard in FW right now, and don't want to be interrupted. You're just choosing to skip. If you wanna skip fusions to get other things done a week quicker, that's cool, but that's just you making choices on what you care about for your account.

Personally, I would get the legendary and just slow up a few days here and there on FW.... but fusing legendaries built my fairly endgame account, and did it F2P too. Then again, when I was finishing my FW push, I skipped one of the fusions and did the other. 

But that had nothing to do with the point totals and more to do with the amount of time I have to play the game... just didn't have time to do it all. So sure, Elhain has a 4775 Aritifact event so far. Pythion had two of them at 4775. The one I skipped the artifact events were at 2700 points. :D

So for me, time was the factor and had nothing to do with points. 

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 12, 2023, 19:4003/12/23
02/24/19
Trevor Wilson

I assert it isn't about resources, but about the amount of time you are spending in game, and your focus. You want to focus building your crazy lucky pulls? Awesome and congrats. More than a bit jealous tbh. lol

But, I can still do my fusions right now, and I have barely skipepd any since I started hitting UNM daily. From what I can tell, I'm still resource positive from Both DTs, Both CBs and my daily stuff. This makes me personally consider "saving resources" wasting energy, as there is enough even staying under the cap to do the fusions.

Mar 12, 2023, 20:1403/12/23
01/15/21
harleQuinn

I assert it isn't about resources, but about the amount of time you are spending in game, and your focus. You want to focus building your crazy lucky pulls? Awesome and congrats. More than a bit jealous tbh. lol

But, I can still do my fusions right now, and I have barely skipepd any since I started hitting UNM daily. From what I can tell, I'm still resource positive from Both DTs, Both CBs and my daily stuff. This makes me personally consider "saving resources" wasting energy, as there is enough even staying under the cap to do the fusions.

It should definitely be about the individual situation you find yourself in, i agree on that.

I do think some, by trying to do every fusion and occasionally failing to do them- are their own worst enemies.

When i say 'save resources' i am specifically talking about shards btw, since that is usually the sticking point for people. I agree that Completing events such as spider etc are a no brainer since you want to do them anyway.

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 12, 2023, 21:0503/12/23
02/24/19
Trevor Wilson

It should definitely be about the individual situation you find yourself in, i agree on that.

I do think some, by trying to do every fusion and occasionally failing to do them- are their own worst enemies.

When i say 'save resources' i am specifically talking about shards btw, since that is usually the sticking point for people. I agree that Completing events such as spider etc are a no brainer since you want to do them anyway.

I personally never have enough shards for the guarantees... but that's because I use em all for Fusions. If you're not NM/UNM daily and farming at least normal DT, I think the need to skip every once and a while might happen. RoseRoyal's advice/approach to fusions did allow me to stop skipping any, as making Broadmaws and such gave me the little extra boost I needed to get over the hump in champ chase and have my shards mostly available for Summon Rush only.

Although I did just pull 400 ancients for Harima, so I did have some serious shards/gems saved up this past week (in spite of being a bit of a Fusion Queen lol)

Mar 12, 2023, 22:5003/12/23
06/20/19

I've tried to keep up with this thread but haven't been inclined to post until the subject turned to resources and hoarding/ conserving.  

im not excited about the champ (think being able to choose which of the four you worked for would be awesome), but I'm working on the frags. 

Why?

I have energy refills expiring in (days) 1, 3, 6, 8, 11... 99 days.  I have opened energy refills from the code, from tourneys, events, etc about to expire to the sum of about 2000, and still need to eat 500 or so or lose it in the next few days.  I used 11 sacred instead of my 5k points in frag/permanent fusion champs to complete the chase, still have over 25 sacreds and picked up 2 leggos.

I realize this is not a typical situation, but resource management depends on how much resources each player has.  My biggest problem right now is to not let energy expire.  I justify this fusion based on that alone.  I also picked up a few leggos, equipped a few champs (finally 3 started kr), got some decent equipment, made room in my vaults making a lot of food...

has nothing to do with the champ, she is just another frag champ waiting to be added to the next chase.

and yes I realize this is not a typical scenario.

Mar 13, 2023, 00:3903/13/23
06/05/22
harleQuinn

If your'e choosing to go hard in FW right now, and don't want to be interrupted. You're just choosing to skip. If you wanna skip fusions to get other things done a week quicker, that's cool, but that's just you making choices on what you care about for your account.

Personally, I would get the legendary and just slow up a few days here and there on FW.... but fusing legendaries built my fairly endgame account, and did it F2P too. Then again, when I was finishing my FW push, I skipped one of the fusions and did the other. 

But that had nothing to do with the point totals and more to do with the amount of time I have to play the game... just didn't have time to do it all. So sure, Elhain has a 4775 Aritifact event so far. Pythion had two of them at 4775. The one I skipped the artifact events were at 2700 points. :D

So for me, time was the factor and had nothing to do with points. 

Yes, it has everything to do with time, and focus (it's hard for me to hold a fusion schedule in my head along some weird temporary FW builds I got going). But to be fair, higher fusion requirements often do increase the amount of time required, linearly.