All Categories

New Fragment Champion - Pythion

Search
Jan 5, 2023, 17:3601/05/23
06/25/20

That passive is just phenomenal, but will it be enough to warrant bringing along someone who does almost nothing else most of the time? For Hydra, for example, the block debuffs part is ... alright, and the strengthen part is ... alright, but he brings no debuffs, no damage, and both of his two buffs are on separate abilities.

i

Views
Comments
Comments
dthorne04Moderator
Jan 5, 2023, 17:5001/05/23
Jan 5, 2023, 17:51(edited)
12/30/20

Duchess Lizardtu is real, real good. Instantly relevant in the Arena meta, cleansers with upside are great right now. Especially when this one has cleanse + heal + block debuffs on the same skill, then full revive + TM boost + Strengthen on another AND the passive. Can slap Pythion in a high res Stone Skin or Immu build and be quite happy with him, I think.

Obvious FW carry and seems pretty damn good in Hydra.

Seems like a top 5 fusion to me.

Jan 5, 2023, 19:3401/05/23
12/19/19

Best fusion ever probably...

Better than duchess?

Jan 5, 2023, 19:3601/05/23
06/25/20

I'm really not seeing it - but I suppose we'll see. I just don't see him having the same value as duchess brings, with all her healing and buffs. I see this guy as, most of the time, reviving people after surviving the nuke due to tankiness/stoneskin, and then just having those people die again and losing the fight.

Duchess brings the super-valuable veil to protect them from dying, along with the CH buffs.

Jan 5, 2023, 20:0101/05/23
06/05/22

For PvP I totally get it. The A2 is a huge tempo swing for a go 2nd team. The passive is great, even though it requires some building around.

For PvE, sustain champions are often better than they look at first glance. I learned that with Opardin, who carried me through the early game and is still in my CB team. But I just don't see myself using this guy. The comparisons that come to mind are Duchess, maybe Brogni? Either of these is a lot better, as they have more variety in their kit.

As an early game player I'd pick him up in a heartbeat. But I got 63* on the lizard crypt a few weeks ago, and already have Ukko as a reviver with a ton of utility for things like DT hard. Might still go for him because fragment champs tend to be easy, and he looks sweet.

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 5, 2023, 20:3101/05/23
02/24/19
Trips

Best fusion ever probably...

Better than duchess?

Absolutely. At least on par.

Having a champion this strong as a fragment fusion is really crazy.

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 5, 2023, 20:3801/05/23
12/30/20
harleQuinn

Absolutely. At least on par.

Having a champion this strong as a fragment fusion is really crazy.

this is such a blatantly strong fusion that I'm shocked there's even a debate about how good he is. The floor is top 5 fusion, ever. 

just conceptualizing how important this kit is overall and especially to arena right now...

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 5, 2023, 20:3901/05/23
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

I'm really not seeing it - but I suppose we'll see. I just don't see him having the same value as duchess brings, with all her healing and buffs. I see this guy as, most of the time, reviving people after surviving the nuke due to tankiness/stoneskin, and then just having those people die again and losing the fight.

Duchess brings the super-valuable veil to protect them from dying, along with the CH buffs.

You mentioned healing? Duchess' main problem is that she doesn't heal anyone, especially not herself, they have to die, and as a Crutchess abuser myself, I definitely watched her die as the non veiled lead, before all the champs she was protecting, earlier in my game unless I brought a healer with her.

This guy is bonkers. Full cleanse and Block Debuffs? Full revive + TM boost + Strengthen. A passive that protects anyone he revives or cleanses... without any additional buffs that folks might have. And, while he's super good on his own, for just all the stall.... well over 25% damage protection when paired with a veil champ or Duchess, that's for sure. 65% damage protection? Before looking at sets? Yes, thank you.

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 5, 2023, 20:4101/05/23
02/24/19
dthorne04

this is such a blatantly strong fusion that I'm shocked there's even a debate about how good he is. The floor is top 5 fusion, ever. 

just conceptualizing how important this kit is overall and especially to arena right now...

As I said above, 65%+ damage protection? Yes please.

Gosh a cleanser Duchess is just so darn good. And a cleanser with Block Debuffs too. Sorry Hakkorhn, your time in my Tag Teams have come to an end.

Jan 5, 2023, 20:4601/05/23
Jan 5, 2023, 20:52(edited)
11/19/22

No idea about the passive, but I'd love a healer + cleanser. Looking forward to more details because if got from a fragment event I might be able to get them - might be tempted to buy  a chicken pack for a quick evolution. But if another Gnishak styled fusion I'll end up missing out again.

Jan 5, 2023, 21:0501/05/23
06/25/20
dthorne04

So, just for argument's sake, come up with an example team? I'm trying to evaluate this relative to replacement options, and it's just not clicking in my head.

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 5, 2023, 21:0901/05/23
02/24/19
Fathertron

No idea about the passive, but I'd love a healer + cleanser. Looking forward to more details because if got from a fragment event I might be able to get them - might be tempted to buy  a chicken pack for a quick evolution. But if another Gnishak styled fusion I'll end up missing out again.

Looks to be a fragment fusion. So should be a bit easier.

Also, if you can get this champ, do it. They are bonkers good for your account.

Hit me up or ask in our discord for advice. I'll tag you in Klink's fusion help thread too.

Jan 5, 2023, 21:1301/05/23
11/19/22

If it's like the Hoskarul fragment event, there's a chance I can do it. Fingers crossed. :)

Btw, where does the info on Pythion come from? I've seen it posted on Reddit but not on Plarium.com, Raid discord account, or Plarium Raid Facebook account! 

Jan 5, 2023, 21:3901/05/23
11/16/20

Hoping his revive/strengthen isn't going to be used just to buff even if no one is dead. Hate revives that are also buffs so they just get auto used/wasted.

This one thing will make him either a top fusion or a at least it's a fragments fusion so no reason to skip.

Jan 5, 2023, 21:4801/05/23
02/11/21
harleQuinn

You mentioned healing? Duchess' main problem is that she doesn't heal anyone, especially not herself, they have to die, and as a Crutchess abuser myself, I definitely watched her die as the non veiled lead, before all the champs she was protecting, earlier in my game unless I brought a healer with her.

This guy is bonkers. Full cleanse and Block Debuffs? Full revive + TM boost + Strengthen. A passive that protects anyone he revives or cleanses... without any additional buffs that folks might have. And, while he's super good on his own, for just all the stall.... well over 25% damage protection when paired with a veil champ or Duchess, that's for sure. 65% damage protection? Before looking at sets? Yes, thank you.

This. She only heals on revive and she's often the target of enemy attacks, leaving her vulnerable. 

I am also not a big fan of Continuous Heal as they take time and can be stolen/removed. Instant heal is more valuable to me, except for few specific cases. 

When it comes to going against Rotos and Harima, I'd definitely prefer him to Duchess. 

Jan 5, 2023, 21:5701/05/23
01/15/21

Looks a strong champ, but while i have half a dozen frag champs saved to summon i am light on shards (and blew my mysteries on the rat) so not sure if i will be able to do this one.

Jan 5, 2023, 22:0601/05/23
02/11/21
kramaswamy.kr

So, just for argument's sake, come up with an example team? I'm trying to evaluate this relative to replacement options, and it's just not clicking in my head.

I don't know how many people in the top managed to pull Harima, but I bring her every time I go against Duchess teams. Pythion is also a strong affinity to Rotos, Hephraak, Trunda etc. 

His Passive can work well with Krisk's A2 and passive, will help survive the initial nukes. Can be a good partner to Duchess, as well, help keep her alive while she's tanking all the damage. Those 3 and a nuker can make a solid team. 

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 5, 2023, 22:0801/05/23
02/24/19
Fathertron

If it's like the Hoskarul fragment event, there's a chance I can do it. Fingers crossed. :)

Btw, where does the info on Pythion come from? I've seen it posted on Reddit but not on Plarium.com, Raid discord account, or Plarium Raid Facebook account! 

It came out to us Moderators and the official Content Creators.

When I finally had time to get online and post it after the embargo was up, Krama had already posted it. And I assume he just pulled it from one of the Content Creator discords, or from someone who had gotten it there.

Usually I get it up pretty quick after the embargo, but today I was very busy.

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 5, 2023, 22:1001/05/23
Jan 5, 2023, 22:11(edited)
02/24/19
Balltazer

I don't know how many people in the top managed to pull Harima, but I bring her every time I go against Duchess teams. Pythion is also a strong affinity to Rotos, Hephraak, Trunda etc. 

His Passive can work well with Krisk's A2 and passive, will help survive the initial nukes. Can be a good partner to Duchess, as well, help keep her alive while she's tanking all the damage. Those 3 and a nuker can make a solid team. 

This is the thing.

While I personally find his kit more useful and would choose to use him if I only had a spot for one, you don't have to use him IN PLACE of Duchess. You can use both and like I wrote earlier, get ridiculous amounts of damage mitigation.

Jan 5, 2023, 23:3901/05/23
02/11/21
harleQuinn

This is the thing.

While I personally find his kit more useful and would choose to use him if I only had a spot for one, you don't have to use him IN PLACE of Duchess. You can use both and like I wrote earlier, get ridiculous amounts of damage mitigation.

Although they seem very similar in purpose, their skill sets are quite different and most importantly, complimentary. He heals with A1, she shields. He cleanses and heals, she veils. She protects from AOE attacks, he protects against skill attacks (people seem to forget that Duchess' protection is also conditional).

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 6, 2023, 00:2901/06/23
12/30/20
kramaswamy.kr

It has been talked about, but working in concert with Duchess seems sweet. Something like...

Pythion fastest/Duchess or another damage mitigation champion/Ukko/Insert nuker like Candraphon, Mortu, cheaty void nuker if you're blessed in obvious sets is real, real fun on defense. That's one route I plan on exploring, but I really think Pythion is absurd.

There's just some very, very annoying options on defense here, and then making adjustments on offense.