All Categories

Ultimate Deathknight and new players

Ultimate Deathknight and new players

Search
Comments
Nov 23, 2022, 00:4111/23/22
11/04/22
Skadi

It's not worth to use resources on Galek. AototehZ will get a lot of shards just from progressing in the game. There will be a nuker better than Galek and Kael in that shards. Galek will sit in the vault forever. Better doing so as a 5* champ than as a 6*.

I have 35x Ancient, 1x Void and 1x Sacred.

I'm just waiting for the 2x events.

Nov 23, 2022, 00:4911/23/22
02/11/21
dthorne04

I would have to concur with this. Taking Galek up to 6 would be a rough allocation of resources. 

I wouldn't do it, either.....but in the context of "UDK is unbeatable for newer players" discussion, can't really blame it on UDK if we're using a half-built nuker. I, personally, wouldn't even bother with arena at all at this stage, but then again, that's not what the discussion is about, is it? 

Nov 23, 2022, 01:0211/23/22
02/11/21
AtotehZ

I'm not really in a position to say if Galek will be a stronger nuker or not. It's just that at the moment Kael is too much more powerful than Galek for him to be an option. Kael's nukes literally do 3 times the damage.

I will definitely keep using Galek for now. I'm using him based on the enemy alignment.

Naturally, if Kael is at lvl60, he will deal a lot more damage. And they do similar damage, Kael is no slouch. But it's more than just the champ, it's a dedicated arena nuker build. 

Again, everything goes back to how much do you really need arena. I'd say you don't need it until you advance further into Dungeons, at least Dragon as others require more specific and champion intensive strategies. But.....if beating UDK in arena is that important, you gotta have a dedicated build. 

All I'm saying is it's very doable, but not necessary.

Nov 23, 2022, 07:3111/23/22
03/12/21

The solution to these perpetual issues in arena at lower levels is to limit bronze teams to rare champs or lower, silver teams to epic or lower, and gold teams to lego or lower.

UDK is a huge issue at the lower levels of arena, especially if you don't have one.

Nov 23, 2022, 07:5311/23/22

For starter player Galek training when he have  Kael, in my view, a mistake. Waste of resources. What i said your key in Arena now, the Basher. Make him fast.  He has Increase enemies skills cooldown, has Weaken and Block buffs skills and hit hard, no affinity weakness. Its a basic Faction War  lvl21 character.

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 23, 2022, 07:5611/23/22
Nov 23, 2022, 07:57(edited)
12/30/20
yellamokara

The solution to these perpetual issues in arena at lower levels is to limit bronze teams to rare champs or lower, silver teams to epic or lower, and gold teams to lego or lower.

UDK is a huge issue at the lower levels of arena, especially if you don't have one.

This is a crazy, crazy idea. This would create a far more maddening experience in Arena.

This would force players to build bad champions, or ones that will greatly fall off and offer no progression at all past a portion of Arena that offers a vastly lower payoff in medals relative to later Arena tiers.

Bronze teams would be the same Spirithost/Kael/Warmaiden comps, and when you do make it to Silver, what if you don't have any Epics, or you have terrible ones? 

At least if players choose to ignore Arena for the most part at the beginning they can then leapfrog their way through with champs at 60 that are geared out reasonably well. 

Nov 23, 2022, 17:3111/23/22
10/20/22
yellamokara

No we have to play like the mods and devs tell us. We are just delusional and udk is no problem at all - our pure imagination that he is overpowered. 

He is so frkn op in pve and pvp that he should get removed immediately. Im not alone havin games where we just facepalm and take the loss after 15minutes watching nothing dies in arena. "But spend money and use some champs with antiheal" ... spending money? ... for THIS mess of a balance?

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 23, 2022, 18:3611/23/22
Nov 23, 2022, 20:32(edited)
12/30/20
Stacey

No we have to play like the mods and devs tell us. We are just delusional and udk is no problem at all - our pure imagination that he is overpowered. 

He is so frkn op in pve and pvp that he should get removed immediately. Im not alone havin games where we just facepalm and take the loss after 15minutes watching nothing dies in arena. "But spend money and use some champs with antiheal" ... spending money? ... for THIS mess of a balance?

This is not a good approach or atttude. Not only do you not need "antiheal", but nobody has suggested you spend your way out of the UDK matchups in any of the advice given on the forum.

No matter when you started in the game or what champions were there, there's always been a similar theme in arena: you learn how to beat the current meta in Arena - and farm if necessary - or you lose. In the above idea we completely remove any sort of edge in Arena we can create by having better teams. Forcing parity will make people quit far, far faster any of the theories people have about UDK making players quit. 

Everyone will have the same teams pretty much until they get out of tiers. It will be hot, hot garbage. Additionally, you spend your time building up your best champions that are epic or better so you can clear higher Dungeon content. Then you're forced to rank up rares you no longer need to get barely any benefit of building out your Great Hall. All any of this would do is just force us back into the "Who's Fastest" game. There was a time we needed full tuned speed teams to progress much into Silver, let alone getting out of it. No thanks to that again.

Lacking experience, patience or the inclination to put time into beating a specific strategy or champion isn't necessarily a reason to nerf said strategy or champion. The Arena - and game - has always been unkind to people who aren't willing to put in the prep work. It has always been about countering champions or strategies. 

Wanting and/or expecting nerfs and full blown adjustments to the way UDK/Arena works is just setting someone up for failure later. There will always be roadblocks and questions that need answering when it comes to Arena or other content in the game. "How do I beat X/Y/Z, get faster at this, a higher winrate" is the way to go about things rather than expecting fixes to problems, perceived or otherwise.

Nov 23, 2022, 19:0311/23/22
02/11/21
Stacey

Show me your team. Show me their stats. That's all I keep asking all of you complaining about UDK, and I have yet to see a solid arena team like "the mods and the devs" keep telling you to build. 

As a matter of fact, show me your damage dealer first. 

Nov 24, 2022, 07:2911/24/22

Dthorne. I wrote at least 2 years ago what i didnt like in Arena. In my oppinion, the "endless" battle rules is not a luckiest thing there. The temporization enemies who play for enemy player to push quit button from battle because they are bored in battle or didnt enjoy the long battles. Remember the Paragons with high resist against the newbees. Everybody want to enjoy a game, and dont want to waiting his 4 percent chance, when a debuff will land. 15-20 mintes long pvp battles is not really enjoyable after some time. I realy dont like this battle styles. Playing for "draw".

Many-many times i wrote, should be better, changing this rules to max 15 minute long pvp battle and when battle is over, generate an overall result at the end. Who killed more enemy heroes, who overdamage the other player etc. etc. and who got better points take the victory.

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 24, 2022, 08:0711/24/22
12/30/20
Deleted

Dthorne. I wrote at least 2 years ago what i didnt like in Arena. In my oppinion, the "endless" battle rules is not a luckiest thing there. The temporization enemies who play for enemy player to push quit button from battle because they are bored in battle or didnt enjoy the long battles. Remember the Paragons with high resist against the newbees. Everybody want to enjoy a game, and dont want to waiting his 4 percent chance, when a debuff will land. 15-20 mintes long pvp battles is not really enjoyable after some time. I realy dont like this battle styles. Playing for "draw".

Many-many times i wrote, should be better, changing this rules to max 15 minute long pvp battle and when battle is over, generate an overall result at the end. Who killed more enemy heroes, who overdamage the other player etc. etc. and who got better points take the victory.

So, we're just mixing up different concepts here (I am not sure what Paragon has to do with anything) but here is why you are wrong:

The attacker has all of the strategic advantage in Arena, even more so if they're a player who prepares and brings good comps.  The attacker gets to make all the decisions they'd like while the defender has only AI and cannot make adjustments based on what gear, speeds, etc. the attacker is running at. This becomes even more important later on in Arena.

So no, there is no good reason to nerf a valid strategy like stall if the attacker is unable to deal with a tanky/stall heavy defensive comp. 

Everyone is free to enjoy the game as they please, but if they are unwilling to do the work early to make Arena easier on themselves, then they can come back when they have more 60s, better champions, gear, understanding of the game and mechanics or some combination of the above. 

Nov 24, 2022, 09:2611/24/22
10/15/20
Stacey

You don't need heal reduction to beat him, it's just one easy to obtain method. There are other ways to deal with UDK.  UDK protects his own team members only vs. single target attacks. To deal with the other team members use your starter champ, all 4 of them can hit all enemies at once.

To beat UDK you can use

• heal reduction List of champs 
  • reduce enemy max hp (destroy set or List of champs)
  • stun or freeze or provoke or block active skills or block buffs, so he doesn't get get shields/healing from his A3 skill. Lists of champs: stun, freeze, provoke, block active skills, block buffs 
  • don't use healing on your champs, unless that's absolutely necessary to keep them alive (UDK has an passive that heals him if an enemy gets healed). Be aware that life leech is considered as healing in that matter
  • champs with enough damage, especially helpfull if your champs can ignore (or partially ignore) his enormous defense (List of champs), special recommendation for Soulbond Bowyer, rare, 75% def ignore on A2 skill, strong affinity vs. UDK and usefull in other places of the game as well, so no waste to build her
Nov 24, 2022, 09:5911/24/22
02/28/22

It's all very well, the advice etc. whilst worthwhile does not address the post - anyone could get UDK, new starters, players who hadn't played long, now new players can't get UDK but he is in the Arena start up levels, new players don't have the firepower to take him out - they will eventually - but this is the biggest hardship in the Arena for them, and it shouldn't be!  Yes occasionally in the first Arena levels there will be hard teams, but it seems from reports a lot now have UDK, and it's just unfair on new players - imo there should be a block on using Legendaries in the Arena until Silver, players would then have to develop teams, learn about affinities, crit, heal etc and be better prepared for higher levels

Nov 25, 2022, 02:4811/25/22
04/06/22

I come here every few days to read the comments by people trying to convince everyone that UDK is fair and balanced.

Every time I need a good laugh. 

Nov 25, 2022, 13:4811/25/22
02/11/21
OccamsRazor

I come here every few days to read the comments by people trying to convince everyone that UDK is fair and balanced.

Fun....I come here to see if anyone actually posted a decent arena team that is losing to UDK.....still waiting. 

Nov 25, 2022, 15:0611/25/22
10/15/20
OccamsRazor

There are two ways to deal with UDK in arena. Either you know you have no option to kill him, so avoid teams with UDK. Or build an option to kill him. I posted different ways to beat him so often allready in the various threads, I'm to tired to repeat them again.

If you want to do neither and just try to run with the head through the wall, you will end up in a 1500 turns fight vs. UDK and complain about how unbeatable he his.

Nov 25, 2022, 16:0211/25/22
Nov 25, 2022, 17:41(edited)
04/06/22

First of all, Balltazer, I myself would love to see ANY successful Arena team that does not use it.

Second, Skadi, UDK is only part of the problem. I can indeed beat him, but I had to make a special team to do so. there are just too many ways to use UDK as a lock. 

"Avoid teams with UDK"?? Seriously?? I'd say 99% of serious teams have it. I'd avoid the arena entirely if it wasn't required for multiple dailies. THAT is how broken it has become. 

"I posted different ways to beat him so often allready in the various threads, I'm to tired to repeat them again."

Well, maybe if you are tired of trying to convince everyone, the problem is with UDK, not your attempts to convince us.

"If you want to do neither and just try to run with the head through the wall, you will end up in a 1500 turns fight vs. UDK and complain about how unbeatable he his." 

There, you see the problem? You say that as if it happens all the time in PVP games. IT DOESN'T. See, I have seen this before, on several app games and quite a few other online games. Players who build these locks do so to troll other players, the design not being to defeat the enemy team, but make them angry and convince them to hit the Quit option. Their "strategy" being simple: NEVER give the opponent a chance by making your team invincible. The opponent gets angry, you give up, THAT is their goal. And even worse, unlike most trolls, they don't even have to be online to do it! The fact that you have to surrender to the AI program is maddening, I mean, who did all the work here??

This is not a new phenominon, you know. Google "No Oddjob Rule" and you'll see what I mean. 

Nov 25, 2022, 16:2011/25/22
06/20/19

LOL people say they should limit bronze to only rare champs and they can't even get to silver using epics and a legendary?  Maybe they should have a tin tier were toucan only use rares but couldn't advance so people could play and learn. 

Nov 25, 2022, 16:5811/25/22

"There, you see the problem. See, I have seen this before, on several app games. Players who build these locks do so to troll other players, the design not being to defeat the enemy team, but make them angry and convince them to hit the Quit option. Their "strategy" being simple: NEVER give the opponent a chance by making your team invincible. The opponent gets angry, you give up, THAT is their goal. And even worse, unlike most trolls, they don't even have to be online to do it! The fact that you have to surrender to the AI program is maddening, I mean, who did all the work here?? This is not a new phenominon, you know. Google "No Oddjob Rule" and you'll see what I mean."

Thats why i always killed the Paragons at arena when those tried to trolling the other players with this strategy, waiting other players when they use quit button because they dont enjoy the long boring battles which is stall for time and they dont waste time or waiting their 4% chance to landing a debuff at over 400 turns. 

Nov 25, 2022, 17:4911/25/22
Nov 25, 2022, 18:44(edited)
04/06/22

You made another good point there Deleted, this is NOT a common occurance with other Champions.

I did indeed find Paragon frustrating, but then I finally figured out how to beat him. I used to despise Ninja; found him frustrating, but then I figured out easy ways to beat him. For a time I despised Arbiter, Doompriest, Fahrakin, Maulie, Ukko.... But I always found ways to defeat them!

(Okay, that last one is a lie, I never hated Ukko, I kind of like him.)

But UDK is different, I need a specific team to beat him, and even THEY only manage about 50% of the time. And I have seen whole websites (not this one) showing ways to use him in an unbreakable lock!

Seriously, everyone. 

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.