UDK is unbeatable...

UDK is unbeatable...

Search
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Nov 10, 2022, 19:5911/10/22
02/24/19
Kankle69

Pretty awesome. I'm thinking of starting a FTP account just for arena and I have a few questions for getting the account started.

1. Did you get Kinagashi from the Prime Gaming event? - Sorry... had a brain fart... I see this post is older than the Prime Gaming event... so I assume you pulled her from shards.

2. Did you pull Tayrel or did you use a new player code? If you used a code where can I find it?

3. What other Champions did you have on the account? - Asking because I believe overall player account power plays a part in your arena matchups.

4. Should I just go straight for 12-3 and power level everyone there?

5. How long did it take you to get Athel to 60?

Hi there! I pulled Kingashi, and just wanted to give her a try. She's the kind of champ I'll never build on my real account, unfortunately. Tayrel would have been the smarter play for upgrading, but I figured, if I'm testing out what early arena is like, might as well rank up someone I'm excited about rather than the purely optimal choice.

Tayrel was the new player code champ. I got it from the code section of the HellHades website.

I have basically no other champs on the account. A 4 star unleveled Grunch, a level 40 Reliquary Tender, a 40 Heiress. And uncommon food champs we're leveling.

I would certainly recommend power leveling a main team and any champ you pick out from the starter codes on the HH site. I got to Brutal 12-3 and immediately stopped progressing campaign. Haven't even finished Brutal campaign yet, since it's basically 12-3 food farm over all else.

Less than a week. Then I immediately used my gems on her masteries. I slowed down a bit with UDK, but got him to 60. I think the screenshots show I was working on Kingashi and Tayrel as I went along in Arena last week. lol

Nov 10, 2022, 23:2411/10/22
Nov 10, 2022, 23:24(edited)
06/05/22

@Skadi I do appreciate that people here are very helpful, and that it can be tiresome to offer help over and over, only to have the asker often reject that help. But you have to keep in mind that only a tiny percentage of players (maybe 1%) even go out on the internet to seek any kind of help, be it on a forum like here, tutorials, etc. Many just silently drop away.

@everyone What I'm trying to point out is that raid seems to be severely lacking in good game designers in terms of creating a player experience that's good at all stages of the game. My overall impression of raid is that it does some things very well, but almost by coincidence and despite the bad incentives created by the gacha model. In particular, many of the most strategic decisions happen around game mechanics that are not even explained within the game itself, like the difference between base and total stat increases, or weird interactions between champ abilities. The stat bonuses on gear are skewed in such a way that makes 1-4* essentially trash, and don't even get me started on the madness that are flat stat bonuses on bottom row gear. This kind of stuff makes the game very opaque to learn, basically impossible without external resources.

I like raid a lot, otherwise I wouldn't be here. But damn, this is the jankiest game I've played by a long shot. It's good despite its obvious design flaws, and if you stick around you'll find some very deep and engaging content. But the attitude of people around here seems to be to deny that those design flaws exist, which is just baffling to me.

When I point out the bad parts, that's not meant as an attack on the game as a whole! It's more like an exercise to understand what works and what doesn't. Maybe it's easier to understand if I mention that I am actually an amateur game designer, and I enjoy playing and understanding games through that lens. And when I look at raid, I see a good game that would have the potential to be so much better, if only the developers cared.

Nov 11, 2022, 09:1211/11/22
06/24/22
Skadi

You are right, new players don't understand the game mechanics.

That is, why there are things like this forum, or "how to start in Raid" videos from content creators on youtube, and strategy threads on Reddit, and all that stuff.

At one point you either learn about the game mechanics or won't have success in the game. Like in most other  computer games of our time, the days of Pong ended decades ago. Since games like Diablo 2 or Elder Scrolls came out, learning about game mechanics is a commen thing, and that's more than 20 years ago.

Diablo 2... more than 20 years ago.... How dare you point that out... how dare you. 😤 🤣 

Nov 11, 2022, 11:3211/11/22
10/15/20
ForSkinChef

Diablo 2... more than 20 years ago.... How dare you point that out... how dare you. 😤 🤣 

We have to accept the reality: we are getting old. 😺

Nov 18, 2022, 22:2611/18/22
06/24/22
Skadi

We have to accept the reality: we are getting old. 😺

You're not lying, but that sure made me miss those days of first playing D2.

Nov 19, 2022, 00:0611/19/22
06/02/22

Hi, UDK a pussycat, just faced Elva one of the new champs, so, so powerful heal, shields, shrouds and makes every one else on the team a cup of tea. Need a quick kill on this monster, so best hitter needed and ignore any other arena champs till she is dead, or you will get creamed like I did first 2 battles. 

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 20, 2022, 02:3711/20/22
02/24/19

Just kept going a bit this week while the other acct was doing bosses.... and we're in Gold now on the baby account here. I think it is finally time I need to rebuild Kingashi and Tayrel to not be terrible and 130 speed.

Once I made Silver 4, since that first 101, I started picking my fights. Have to avoid actual speed nuke teams since I'm still rocking all the starter/login lifesteal, the same builds shown a couple pages back. 

I was happy to find that there are some winnable fights in S4 and gold, as shown below:

i

i

i

i

i

i

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 20, 2022, 02:4511/20/22
12/30/20
harleQuinn

Just kept going a bit this week while the other acct was doing bosses.... and we're in Gold now on the baby account here. I think it is finally time I need to rebuild Kingashi and Tayrel to not be terrible and 130 speed.

Once I made Silver 4, since that first 101, I started picking my fights. Have to avoid actual speed nuke teams since I'm still rocking all the starter/login lifesteal, the same builds shown a couple pages back. 

I was happy to find that there are some winnable fights in S4 and gold, as shown below:

i

i

i

i

i

i

I think my favorite part of this is you're (still) doing this with your defense down coming after the nuker :D

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 20, 2022, 02:5611/20/22
02/24/19
dthorne04

I think my favorite part of this is you're (still) doing this with your defense down coming after the nuker :D

That's the worst, suboptimal, most terrible way to do this. lol

Time to rebuild I guess. Ughhhhh..... do not want to farm gear.

Nov 20, 2022, 07:5811/20/22
04/01/19

Shhhh.... are you trying to get UDK nerfed?

slap a heal reduction on him and he falls like the rest. 

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 20, 2022, 08:4211/20/22
12/30/20
Relentless

Shhhh.... are you trying to get UDK nerfed?

slap a heal reduction on him and he falls like the rest. 

It's all apart of our master plan to help get UDK nerfed by showing how he's beatable

4D chess, you see

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 20, 2022, 08:4411/20/22
02/24/19
dthorne04

It's all apart of our master plan to help get UDK nerfed by showing how he's beatable

4D chess, you see

4D?

I am trying to prove he needs a BUFF so that on my real account I can deal with Rotos/Siphi more easily.

5D chess right here.

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 20, 2022, 08:4811/20/22
12/30/20
harleQuinn

4D?

I am trying to prove he needs a BUFF so that on my real account I can deal with Rotos/Siphi more easily.

5D chess right here.

i

Nov 23, 2022, 07:2411/23/22
03/12/21
harleQuinn

I didn't have heal reduction. And as you can see, my Dec Def champ was built with 14k HP, 1,288 Defense, 100 Accuracy and 138 Speed. Him being totally unbooked wasn't helpful either. He mostly just died, or watched my 190 speed Athel kill the enemy team. :D

Out of 101 fights, I only had a single long fight. And only a single loss. It is not a miniscule sample size. I think it goes to show you don't NEED a Heal Reduction champ. You just need to focus on making 60s and then equipping them. I can't even say you need amazing builds, cause you don't. Just try to crit cap your starter and get them fast enough to be useful.

The fights you have shown are against level 50 UDKs, those are usually beatable, but that changes when you start encountering level 60 UDKs. They are generally better equipped. It becomes particularly problematic at around mid silver IV. Pretty much every team has UDK in it that is built to not die. You can kill everyone else in the team, but if he is built correctly he is extemely difficult to kill due to his passive. I have been playing for a while, my main can beat almost everything in the game, but my ftp accounts I made for the referals hit a massive brick wall at about 1900 points due to almost every team having these unkillable level 60 UDKs in them. My team will allways kill everyone else except UDK, who can't die because he mitigates too much and regens too much. Eventually you just have to quit out or spend all night hammering away at him. Allmost every team has one of thes in it, and those who don't are usually some other seal clubber comp. My main account could take these teams out easily, but the ftp teams simply don't have the firepower to do it.

Keep in mind that these levels of arena are what new players will encounter, players who are probably not going to be experts at playing the game.

In my opinion bronze should have champs capped at rares, silver capped at epics, and gold capped at legos. That would solve most of these issues where OP legos are creating so many problems for newer players (who for the most part don't have those sorts of champs).

Nov 23, 2022, 09:1811/23/22
10/15/20
yellamokara

The fights you have shown are against level 50 UDKs, those are usually beatable, but that changes when you start encountering level 60 UDKs. They are generally better equipped. It becomes particularly problematic at around mid silver IV. Pretty much every team has UDK in it that is built to not die. You can kill everyone else in the team, but if he is built correctly he is extemely difficult to kill due to his passive. I have been playing for a while, my main can beat almost everything in the game, but my ftp accounts I made for the referals hit a massive brick wall at about 1900 points due to almost every team having these unkillable level 60 UDKs in them. My team will allways kill everyone else except UDK, who can't die because he mitigates too much and regens too much. Eventually you just have to quit out or spend all night hammering away at him. Allmost every team has one of thes in it, and those who don't are usually some other seal clubber comp. My main account could take these teams out easily, but the ftp teams simply don't have the firepower to do it.

Keep in mind that these levels of arena are what new players will encounter, players who are probably not going to be experts at playing the game.

In my opinion bronze should have champs capped at rares, silver capped at epics, and gold capped at legos. That would solve most of these issues where OP legos are creating so many problems for newer players (who for the most part don't have those sorts of champs).

A player that reached silver 4 is not a total newbie anymore and should have enough experience to bring a champ with 100% heal reduction and/or destroy set.

Nov 23, 2022, 17:2111/23/22
02/11/21
ForSkinChef

You're not lying, but that sure made me miss those days of first playing D2.

I still have it on my old laptop lol So much fun.

Selena the Blade Fury Assassin. I remember everybody questioning my build because Blade Fury was a "waste". I solod Uber Diablo with her, such a proud daddy moment. 

Had a wolf-summoning Druid names Michael Vick, but that's a story for another time :) 

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 23, 2022, 19:4111/23/22
02/24/19
Balltazer

I still have it on my old laptop lol So much fun.

Selena the Blade Fury Assassin. I remember everybody questioning my build because Blade Fury was a "waste". I solod Uber Diablo with her, such a proud daddy moment. 

Had a wolf-summoning Druid names Michael Vick, but that's a story for another time :) 

I can talk about Pokemon Go and playing Destiny with my brothers. Does that count? lol

Nov 23, 2022, 20:0711/23/22
02/11/21
harleQuinn

I can talk about Pokemon Go and playing Destiny with my brothers. Does that count? lol

Pokemon-Go?.....Is that the one where you find weird kids in random places because there is apparently a baby Chaagur in the WalMart's bathroom for some reason? 

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 23, 2022, 20:2611/23/22
02/24/19
Balltazer

Pokemon-Go?.....Is that the one where you find weird kids in random places because there is apparently a baby Chaagur in the WalMart's bathroom for some reason? 

Or college students. I spent a lot of walks around campus hunting pokemon. lol

Nov 23, 2022, 20:4511/23/22
02/11/21
harleQuinn

Or college students. I spent a lot of walks around campus hunting pokemon. lol

Yeah, that was the good about the game, it got people to walk. I think it just got dangerous because there were a lot of kids running on the streets in traffic. I never played it, but I think my coworker did.