All Categories

UDK is unbeatable...

UDK is unbeatable...

Search
Comments
Nov 9, 2022, 17:0611/09/22
06/05/22

Ok, so I have recently been playing an alt account and have some thoughts on this.

UDK is a very defensive champion, and comes with very high level regen gear (6* legendary boots) that a player can't farm until about 90 days into the game. Yes, that skews arena a lot. For example with Deliana, it is easy to beat her just with a slightly better Deliana. With UDK this is not the case.

UDK is not unbeatable. However, he does require very optimized builds to beat with starter champs. Keep in mind, new players don't farm campaign optimally. They get misled by the artifact challenges (atk% gauntlets), they don't rush towards 60 with their starter. They don't ignore crap rares. etc, etc.

So rather than a gear check, it's a game knowledge check. And when veterans tell newbies that their problems aren't real because they could have avoided them by spending dozens of hours reading/watching tutorials and then playing the game optimally from level 1 while navigating a slew of information, that shows a serious lack of empathy.

For reference, it was only about 30 days into the game (on my first account) that I even started reading what the champions on the opposing arena teams did. A good game shouldn't encourage that kind of sloppy play, but it also shouldn't punish it as heavily. Rather than a gentle onboarding slope, raid faces you with a cliff at the start.

So yes, Plarium did make a mistake when releasing UDK. "Is he technically beatable?" is asking the wrong question.

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 9, 2022, 17:1111/09/22
12/30/20
Deleted

Thats was an auto fight, whem i just show the time. After  12 hours work just started a fight, and went to bathroom, but overall i cant use just manual fight against UDK teams. But when i fight with manual, the fight times not realy changes.

Another thing my UDK overhealing my Drath because UDK got 6 star items which give to everyone Plarium plus use Get Comfy skill which is healing the enemy UDK. (Not for me for everyone too) Who see the silver leagues know it, almost every team has UDK. Neverming i got a Zargala, she will help too. But Venomage its more than enough. But this is not changing my opinion, the UDK with the free 6 stars item gifts, its too much in low level leagues (many weeks need for other heroes to reach good 6 star items from dungeons), and their battle times too long for new players. Ok everyone can find a solution against UDK, thats a fact, but not so easily for a starter. Need luck for character pull and grinding weeks to reach good items for their heroes to counter.

Have you considered using AI settings to prevent healing the enemy UDK? I can show them where those are, if you would like. If not using AI, make better choices for your own team. That's the lesson to be learned here.

Anyway, when one is not interested in finding solutions there will always be excuses. The information that was laid out earlier in the thread by @harleQuinn proves that if we take a relatively easy to follow approach that what UDK brings can be mitigated and beaten. It can also be done so with ease and more often than not at a decent speed. 

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 9, 2022, 17:1411/09/22
02/24/19
Urlibu FTP

Ok, so I have recently been playing an alt account and have some thoughts on this.

UDK is a very defensive champion, and comes with very high level regen gear (6* legendary boots) that a player can't farm until about 90 days into the game. Yes, that skews arena a lot. For example with Deliana, it is easy to beat her just with a slightly better Deliana. With UDK this is not the case.

UDK is not unbeatable. However, he does require very optimized builds to beat with starter champs. Keep in mind, new players don't farm campaign optimally. They get misled by the artifact challenges (atk% gauntlets), they don't rush towards 60 with their starter. They don't ignore crap rares. etc, etc.

So rather than a gear check, it's a game knowledge check. And when veterans tell newbies that their problems aren't real because they could have avoided them by spending dozens of hours reading/watching tutorials and then playing the game optimally from level 1 while navigating a slew of information, that shows a serious lack of empathy.

For reference, it was only about 30 days into the game (on my first account) that I even started reading what the champions on the opposing arena teams did. A good game shouldn't encourage that kind of sloppy play, but it also shouldn't punish it as heavily. Rather than a gentle onboarding slope, raid faces you with a cliff at the start.

So yes, Plarium did make a mistake when releasing UDK. "Is he technically beatable?" is asking the wrong question.

The hours of videos is as simple as posting on here and having Trips tell you to farm 12-3 and get your champs to 60. Or any of us. Building your arena team to 60 is the absolute first piece of advice we give here on progressing in Arena.

As fas as "very optimized builds", I am not sure the Athel build I posted could be considered "very optimized" by anyone at all. Doesn't even have 3k attack, nor even 80% crit damage. My UDK is just as bad. My Tayrel is considerably worse than both of them. 

And as soon as someone loses a match due to enemy champs doing something, I would hope they would start reading those skills. I know I did, way back when, when Siphi started doing her nonsense and you couldn't beat her. Reading those skills was the start of me killing everyone but Siphi, then looking to Crowd Control her with my Rowan (!), who was the best CC champ I had in the early game.

Still, the posts everywhere back then were about how "SIPHI IS UNBEATABLE!!" Frankly I agree with those posts a lot more than UDK complaint posts. Siphi (especially with Rotos) is considerably more difficult and cheaty.

Nov 9, 2022, 17:2611/09/22
06/05/22
harleQuinn

The hours of videos is as simple as posting on here and having Trips tell you to farm 12-3 and get your champs to 60. Or any of us. Building your arena team to 60 is the absolute first piece of advice we give here on progressing in Arena.

As fas as "very optimized builds", I am not sure the Athel build I posted could be considered "very optimized" by anyone at all. Doesn't even have 3k attack, nor even 80% crit damage. My UDK is just as bad. My Tayrel is considerably worse than both of them. 

And as soon as someone loses a match due to enemy champs doing something, I would hope they would start reading those skills. I know I did, way back when, when Siphi started doing her nonsense and you couldn't beat her. Reading those skills was the start of me killing everyone but Siphi, then looking to Crowd Control her with my Rowan (!), who was the best CC champ I had in the early game.

Still, the posts everywhere back then were about how "SIPHI IS UNBEATABLE!!" Frankly I agree with those posts a lot more than UDK complaint posts. Siphi (especially with Rotos) is considerably more difficult and cheaty.

I really don't know what to say. It is not easy to even get 100% crit rate on a champ in the first few weeks of playing, let alone alongside 3k attack. That requires at least 5* rare gear at +16, right? And you do understand that if a player makes a few trivial mistakes like spending silver to get 4* pieces to +16, that sets them back days or even weeks from obtaining that build. You're assuming that a newbie player is doing optimal gear cleansing, running the correct dungeons at level 16+, and saving all their silver for the correct build.

And by the way, not reading champs makes a lot of sense when you're focused more on other areas of the game, like dungeons and clan boss. Not everyone puts in hours/day starting at level 1.

Nov 9, 2022, 17:3411/09/22
harleQuinn

Funny how his own screenshot is doing exactly what I mentioned was the problem.

If you say so... but thats not is the problem. Check this out, with Drath A1 with no heal. I killed the other three hero almost instantly, and UDK left behind alone.

i

Stopped battle after here.

i

Nov 9, 2022, 17:4111/09/22
Urlibu FTP

This is same what i thinking about this.

Nov 9, 2022, 18:0711/09/22
06/25/20

I think I'm going to have to side with Urlibu on this one too.

The Paragon threads are amusing most of the time, but can usually be responded with a simple "git gud". And I don't particularly feel bad about it because Paragon teams simply aren't practical. UDK, on the other hand, is an absolute staple for tons of early-game teams. And the general feeling it gives people when fighting against it is largely one of frustration. 

Is it beatable? Of course it is, as witnessed by this thread. Is there a real risk that players will simply not bother trying to figure it out, and either just stop playing in arena, or flat-out stop playing the game? 100%. And I think that's something which Plarium should take seriously.

I think the simplest solution to this is to just not allow people to set UDK on their arena defense teams in bronze classic arena. Yeah this is a bit of a nuclear option, but I just don't see any other way for Plarium to dig themselves out of this problem.

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 9, 2022, 18:1011/09/22
02/24/19
Urlibu FTP

I really don't know what to say. It is not easy to even get 100% crit rate on a champ in the first few weeks of playing, let alone alongside 3k attack. That requires at least 5* rare gear at +16, right? And you do understand that if a player makes a few trivial mistakes like spending silver to get 4* pieces to +16, that sets them back days or even weeks from obtaining that build. You're assuming that a newbie player is doing optimal gear cleansing, running the correct dungeons at level 16+, and saving all their silver for the correct build.

And by the way, not reading champs makes a lot of sense when you're focused more on other areas of the game, like dungeons and clan boss. Not everyone puts in hours/day starting at level 1.

I used the starter lifesteal set on my Athel. I didn't farm gear to make her build.

i

Zoomed in to show the predominantly 4 star gear from the starter lifesteal.

This is where the Dragon Progression is on that account:

i

And Spider:

i

I did nothing fancy here. I used the gear the game gives everyone and hit every single of the first 101 teams on my slates, going 100-1. I included screenshots of a lot of the fights, and have screenshots of about double that I could have bored everyone with.

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 9, 2022, 18:1611/09/22
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

The Paragon threads are amusing most of the time, but can usually be responded with a simple "git gud". And I don't particularly feel bad about it because Paragon teams simply aren't practical. UDK, on the other hand, is an absolute staple for tons of early-game teams. And the general feeling it gives people when fighting against it is largely one of frustration. 

Is it beatable? Of course it is, as witnessed by this thread. Is there a real risk that players will simply not bother trying to figure it out, and either just stop playing in arena, or flat-out stop playing the game? 100%. And I think that's something which Plarium should take seriously.

I think the simplest solution to this is to just not allow people to set UDK on their arena defense teams in bronze classic arena. Yeah this is a bit of a nuclear option, but I just don't see any other way for Plarium to dig themselves out of this problem.

I don't find this AT ALL a problem Plarium needs to dig out of. It's crazy to me that you think so.

This "problem" is considerably less of one than needing 260 speed to hit Silver, like was aboslutely the case before the Arena nerfs and quest changes. If you found yourself ever recommending farming gear to people, or building an entire go second team to counter the speed nuke meta,  you were pushing a considerably more "broken" system than a single, very beatable champ.

Nov 9, 2022, 18:2811/09/22
kramaswamy.kr

"Is there a real risk that players will simply not bother trying to
figure it out, and either just stop playing in arena, or flat-out stop
playing the game? 100%. And I think that's something which Plarium
should take seriously. "

I think this is the most important part of this UDK discusion. I tried this tell to them, but not realy listen for this. We know UDK beatable, old player experienses help for this, but for new players cause frustration the long boring pvp battles. A starter gamer which not have enough knowledge from Raid instanly faces with a problem. Too long pvp battles when he trying to completing the daily pvp battles which is maybe too boring for him.

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 9, 2022, 18:4411/09/22
12/30/20
kramaswamy.kr

Do you - or anyone else reading this - think this is a new concept, players getting frustrated by arena early? Whether it be wondering why other teams have too much power, teams being too fast or now UDK the job remains the same: finding ways to deal with those problems and in the case of myself and @harleQuinn trying to help other players deal with those issues.

As you said yourself, it's proven beatable. I don't know the last time you started up an account to try out this the process of building up a roster, some 6*s, etc. so perhaps you're a bit out of the loop on it. The process really does remain the same though: spend time on your initial 4-5 champs, build out a reasonable team like you can find in this thread. Then, you breeze through early arena.

The players who do the best remains a similar concept: those who ask questions on why they're doing poorly and make adjustments. 

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 9, 2022, 18:5511/09/22
02/24/19
dthorne04

Do you - or anyone else reading this - think this is a new concept, players getting frustrated by arena early? Whether it be wondering why other teams have too much power, teams being too fast or now UDK the job remains the same: finding ways to deal with those problems and in the case of myself and @harleQuinn trying to help other players deal with those issues.

As you said yourself, it's proven beatable. I don't know the last time you started up an account to try out this the process of building up a roster, some 6*s, etc. so perhaps you're a bit out of the loop on it. The process really does remain the same though: spend time on your initial 4-5 champs, build out a reasonable team like you can find in this thread. Then, you breeze through early arena.

The players who do the best remains a similar concept: those who ask questions on why they're doing poorly and make adjustments. 

I feel like people forget the two years of "Arena is terrible, need an Arbiter to get to Silver just to start working on getting Arbiter" threads. 

Have they forgotten you used to need a mostly speed tuned, 260+ speed, speed nuke team to progress past bronze? It needed to have at least a single speed booster, an AoE Dec Def champ and a well built nuker. Usually the recommendation would be to build TWO speed boost champs, like Seeker, Apothecary, High Khatun for easily available ones.

The advice then was build a full team of 60s and "farm Dragon for a 30-90 days and then come back"

How is a single champ not better than that was for new players? How is learning the meta and learning what champs counter it not the same as it always was? After taking the freaking time to start a brand new account just to test this, I have to say that I don't understand in the slightest how this isn't way way way way way way way way easier to progress than a month or months of farming Dragon. Cause it absolutely is way easier.

Nov 9, 2022, 18:5711/09/22
06/05/22

@harleQuinn ok, interesting, that's an easier build than I thought. My general point still stands though.

One more thing: the problem only really starts around silver III / IV, of course you see plenty of badly built beatable UDKs before that. I mean, hats off for actually going through the effort, but that 100-0 isn't as strong evidence as you think it is.

Nov 9, 2022, 18:5811/09/22
Nov 9, 2022, 19:00(edited)
10/15/20
Urlibu FTP

Nobody here tells players who ask for help that they are morons and it's their own fault that they don't succeed. Nobody does that!

The experienced players here offer help, so others may pass the "game knowledge check" in the future.

If anybody here openes a thread where he posts his roster of champs and asks how to beat UDK in arena (or  any other content), I take my time (a lot of my time) to look at his champs, reading their abilities at Ayumi or HellHades (I don't have the skill kit of every single champ in Raid in my mind) and try my best to figure out a team that can beat the content the other player asked for help. I don't get any personal reward from this, it's just my altruism.

And now, the experienced players helping others have a serious lack of empathy? 😣

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 9, 2022, 19:0511/09/22
Nov 9, 2022, 19:07(edited)
02/24/19
Urlibu FTP

@harleQuinn ok, interesting, that's an easier build than I thought. My general point still stands though.

One more thing: the problem only really starts around silver III / IV, of course you see plenty of badly built beatable UDKs before that. I mean, hats off for actually going through the effort, but that 100-0 isn't as strong evidence as you think it is.

The point I'm trying to make isn't that it is 100-0. It's that the builds are rough, I didn't skip any matches, I didn't pick and choose, and I finally lost at the 101st fight, in Silver 4. 

I could significantly improve the team when High Khatun comes in, or by just speed tuning a Warmaiden (or even my unbooked Tayrel) to go before Athel nuked, but the exercise was about seeing what kind of expectations someone hitting every team using a starter champion with the starter gear.

And yes, the teams are MUCH more difficult in Silver 4 than in Silver 1. You can see the difficulty ramp purely in the screenshots, just by the times it took the fights to finish. I'm not hiding any of those times, and was excited to see the dfficulty increase finally. They were all on auto pretty much, so comparable throughout. We went from 15 second fights to full 2 minute ones. 

So teams get tougher as you progress, absolutely. But at some point, if I continue this excercise, I should be allowed to skip a fight in the progression to Gold? Just to respresent the learning people go through about fight selection, which champs they hate to fight and looking for speed leads so they don't get nuked?

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 9, 2022, 19:0911/09/22
12/30/20
harleQuinn

The point I'm trying to make isn't that it is 100-0. It's that the builds are rough, I didn't skip any matches, I didn't pick and choose, and I finally lost at the 101st fight, in Silver 4. 

I could significantly improve the team when High Khatun comes in, or by just speed tuning a Warmaiden (or even my unbooked Tayrel) to go before Athel nuked, but the exercise was about seeing what kind of expectations someone hitting every team using a starter champion with the starter gear.

And yes, the teams are MUCH more difficult in Silver 4 than in Silver 1. You can see the difficulty ramp purely in the screenshots, just by the times it took the fights to finish. I'm not hiding any of those times, and was excited to see the dfficulty increase finally. They were all on auto pretty much, so comparable throughout. We went from 15 second fights to full 2 minute ones. 

So teams get tougher as you progress, absolutely. But at some point, if I continue this excercise, I should be allowed to skip a fight in the progression to Gold? Just to respresent the learning people go through about fight selection, which champs they hate to fight and looking for speed leads so they don't get nuked?

Re: 100-1: It reinforces the point that people who take streamlined approaches to the game will reap the most benefits, regardless of the meta in early arena. No matchups were skipped, no pages. Just grinded her way through.

The issue a lot of earlier players are having is that they ARE struggling against beatable UDKs due to an inefficient approach. Whether that approach involves teams they're building, ranking them up or gearing them out to the best their account can. Sometimes it's a combination of the three, too.

If we get to S3/4 quickly and with minimal effort while in Arena, that means we can start to make some measurable gains in our Great Hall, no? 

Nov 9, 2022, 19:2911/09/22
06/25/20
harleQuinn

I don't find this AT ALL a problem Plarium needs to dig out of. It's crazy to me that you think so.

This "problem" is considerably less of one than needing 260 speed to hit Silver, like was aboslutely the case before the Arena nerfs and quest changes. If you found yourself ever recommending farming gear to people, or building an entire go second team to counter the speed nuke meta,  you were pushing a considerably more "broken" system than a single, very beatable champ.

I think this is actually a very good analogy - UDK does, in a sense, bring arena back to the "bad old days" of Arbiter being a progression wall for many people.

Should we really be happy with that outcome?

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 9, 2022, 19:3411/09/22
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

I think this is actually a very good analogy - UDK does, in a sense, bring arena back to the "bad old days" of Arbiter being a progression wall for many people.

Should we really be happy with that outcome?

Not to be blunt or unfeeling to new players, but I didn't find UDK to be an issue to reach Silver 4 in the slightest, nor Gold 1 now. I used the starter gear for that. It was just about farming two of my champs to 60, which everyone should be doing anyhow. 

By contrast, I definitely didn't enjoy going back and farming speed gear for months (after I had a full team of 60s) just to try and equip a High Khatun and Apothecary in double roll+ speed stuff. I also did this new account thing once before to test arena, as you might remember, and I had to wait to get High Khatun to even start attempting to progress into Silver.

Compared to both other times I've pushed up, this one was by far the easiest, by an exponential amount.

Nov 9, 2022, 21:0411/09/22
Nov 10, 2022, 13:58(edited)
09/02/22

Pretty awesome. I'm thinking of starting a FTP account just for arena and I have a few questions for getting the account started.

1. Did you get Kinagashi from the Prime Gaming event? - Sorry... had a brain fart... I see this post is older than the Prime Gaming event... so I assume you pulled her from shards.

2. Did you pull Tayrel or did you use a new player code? If you used a code where can I find it?

3. What other Champions did you have on the account? - Asking because I believe overall player account power plays a part in your arena matchups.

4. Should I just go straight for 12-3 and power level everyone there?

5. How long did it take you to get Athel to 60?

Nov 10, 2022, 15:5911/10/22
03/19/20

I don't really have an issue beating him