Is Accuracy Broken?

12 Replies
User
28 March, 2019, 9:02 PM UTC

I'm hitting brutal clan boss lately and this keeps happening:

Level 60 champion with 24 accuracy debuff hits about 70-80% of the time

Level 60 champion with 200 accuracy debuff hits around 20-30% of the time, if that 

Both are force champs and boss is void.

How can that be?

Can someone at Plarium explain how accuracy really works? In-game lot's of people talk about accuracy being broken...is that a fact? Can we have an official response from the DEV team regarding the issue?

UTC +5:00
0
User
28 March, 2019, 9:32 PM UTC

Just to check. 


Are you testing this accuracy with the exact same champions?


Some Debuff abilities do have different base chances of inflicting their debuff.


For example, if you have a debuff ability with a 75% hit rate, with 24 accuracy, it might be quite normal for it to hit compared to a 25% hit rate ability with 200 accuracy. 


If accuracy acts like healing, bonuses to it are multiplicative, not additive. So 1000 hp healing +5% would be 1050 hp healing. If ACC is like +Healing, then Accuracy probably isn't terribly potent :( 
UTC +5:00
0
User
28 March, 2019, 10:14 PM UTC

75% chance of hp burn with Juton and 120+ accuracy definately doesnt act the way it should. Out of probably 10-20 tries, I only got maybe 1 or 2 HP burns, and half of them gets resisted.


It's definately not 75%, and accuracy seems somewhat pointless at CB.
UTC +8:00
0
User
29 March, 2019, 9:40 AM UTC

before reading the 15% min is an assumed number and may be incorrect.

The way the equation is done is my best guess based on a previous game.


There are 2 checks that happen for a debuff the first is chance to activate that is the % in the description. The second takes your accuracy and the targets resis into account then determines the chance for it to apply. There does appear to be a min chance for it to stick regardless. So if you have 0 accuracy you still have a chance for it to stick same goes for having 0 resis. The last game i played like this it was tested out to be 15% chance to stick or resis. I have no idea if its that number in this game but to illustrate what looks like is going on here are few examples that may make it clearer but may also be wrong since i don't have the testing or the equations for this game so keep that in mind.


so with the above example you have 75% chance of activation and 120 acc. Lets assume your target has 100 resis. What is most likely happening is 120 - 100 which means you would have a 20% chance after the second check. if the target had 110 resis that would be 120 - 110 = 10% but if the game had a minimum set to 15% you would then default to 15% instead of 10%. if the target had 50 would then have 120 - 50 = 70% chance for the second check to make the debuff stick.

this is how it seems to play out. you cast the spell/attack the first check happens with a 75% chance if falls in the 25% fail then thats it if its successfull it does the math 120 - 100 = 20% chance to stick since the all the resis was canceled out they have 15% chance. If it falls in the 80% chance to not stick its resisted if it falls in the 20% chance to stick it then rolls again with the 15% chance to still be resisted.

assuming its 15% min then 0 acc - 0 resis woudl be 15% on both sides 15 and 15 would be the same they dont cancel out. 20 and 0 would still be 15 since the defaut is used  so 20 - 0 would really be 20 - 15 = 5 and your still defaulting to 15% . at 30 - 0 you get 15 but its wasted since your still at 15%


If this is how it truly works then it would make sense to have over 30 acc before it makes a difference assuming the target has 0 resis. We also dont know if there is a hard or soft cap on acc and resis. For those who don't know what is a soft cap is when you get diminished returns on points into that sat so instead of it going up by 1 for every point it goes up by .5. A hard cap just means it wont go any higher so anything above that is completely wasted.


UTC +6:00
1
Community Manager
29 March, 2019, 12:29 PM UTC

I've already asked our QA to test the matter of Accuracy, as reports such as this have come up in the past. So far, they have not reported any bugs or issues. Moreover, after reading this thread I have specifically taken 3 Jotuns on the Dev Server and went ahead to test them against the Clan Boss. I had them equipped so that one had 204 ACC, another - 118, and the last on - 85. 


As a result of several runs, neither first nor second Champions (204 and 118 ACC) failed to apply their debuffs. There is still a chance they can be resisted mind you, but, in this case, I was lucky enough to avoid that completely. The third Champion with ACC 85 landed most debuffs as well, though there were a number of cases where his HP Burn debuff was resisted by the Clan Boss. So, it would seem everything is functioning as intended.


On the matter of ACC vs RESIST in general, we will be releasing a dedicated video guide that is meant to shed some light on this mechanic. 
UTC +2:00
2
User
29 March, 2019, 1:35 PM UTC

Hi,


In my original post i had failed to account for the fact that one champ had 30% chance to apply the debuff and the other 50%. 


It would be great to have some numbers as to what the boss' accuracy is so we can gage what kinda debuff accuracy number we need on our champs.

Thanks everyone for the feedback!


UTC +5:00
0
User
29 March, 2019, 10:51 PM UTC
Its denied but most top clans have come to the conclusion that accuracy doesnt work right on brutal and nightmare clan bosses
UTC -6:00
0
User
29 March, 2019, 11:10 PM UTC

if we had any idea about how accuracy / resistance may work, we could better realize that it works.


At the moment they are just numbers you stack, hoping it will have an effect.   As often when you go blind, you feel frustrated to see failures when you can't know if you need 100 or 300.


UTC +0:00
1
Community Manager
1 April, 2019, 11:39 AM UTC

Thorkan said:


Its denied but most top clans have come to the conclusion that accuracy doesnt work right on brutal and nightmare clan bosses

Those are exactly the difficulties I've run my tests on. 


But yes, the video might help player understanding once it's released. So we'll try to roll it out as soon as possible. 
UTC +2:00
0
User
13 June, 2019, 9:34 PM UTC
Marius said:

Thorkan said:


Its denied but most top clans have come to the conclusion that accuracy doesnt work right on brutal and nightmare clan bosses

Those are exactly the difficulties I've run my tests on. 


But yes, the video might help player understanding once it's released. So we'll try to roll it out as soon as possible. 
Not to be rudely impatient but its been over 2 months since you said the video is soon. Is it still coming out or?
Vice
UTC +7:00
2
User
13 June, 2019, 11:05 PM UTC
ZenZombie said:

75% chance of hp burn with Juton and 120+ accuracy definately doesnt act the way it should. Out of probably 10-20 tries, I only got maybe 1 or 2 HP burns, and half of them gets resisted.


It's definately not 75%, and accuracy seems somewhat pointless at CB.
hmmm accuracy is definitely important for cb. for nightmare, our clan tries to get between 170-200 accuracy for consistent debuff placements. my zavia with 55 accuracy placed almost 0 debuffs on nightmare, but when i finally farmed my accuracy banner (now at 130) she started to place debuffs around half of the times. 
UTC +0:00
0
User
17 July, 2019, 10:16 AM UTC
Is Acc affecting chance to place debuff from items, sleep or stun for example?
UTC +0:00
0
User
17 July, 2019, 4:28 PM UTC
ZenZombie said:

75% chance of hp burn with Juton and 120+ accuracy definately doesnt act the way it should. Out of probably 10-20 tries, I only got maybe 1 or 2 HP burns, and half of them gets resisted.


It's definately not 75%, and accuracy seems somewhat pointless at CB.
It doesn't works like that... 75% are chance to do hp burn - but u still need accuracy to apply that hp burn lol
UTC +3:00
0
6676345 users registered; 102846 topics; 454480 posts; our newest member:fourthstar2282