All Categories

Duplicate champions: upgrade rank or skills?

Search
Feb 1, 2019, 12:3902/01/19
02/01/19

Hi everyone,

I'm really enjoying the game im just not sure the best thing to do with duplicate rare heroes.

Should I use them to upgrade the rank of a rare hero (even the same one) or use them to upgrade the skills of my higher level heroes and use ranked uncommon units to rank up my rates?

Views
Comments
Comments
MariusAdmin
Feb 1, 2019, 20:5002/01/19
09/04/17

Hey, Robx! Welcome to the Community. I'll let other players chip in as well, but my personal opinion is that it really depends on the Champion in question. Some Rares are super useful and increasing their Skills with a duplicate is a good idea. My personal favourites: Valerie, Athel (Elhain, Galek, Kael also fall into this category), Conquerer. Then there is Coldheart, whom I am just hoarding in hopes of one day building a Dark Elf gunbowline!

Then some Champions are only really good as fodder. Check out their Skills, maybe ask in the game chat - other players are really helpful!

Hope this helps a little, and good luck in Raid!
Apr 15, 2023, 13:3704/15/23
03/11/23

Ahoy.  New 81 year old to the game.  I am sure it will outlast me...I see where there are four identical champions and are some how made into one champion like the others except better.  How do I do that?

Everyone stay safe...

captjack

dthorne04Moderator
Apr 15, 2023, 17:4704/15/23
12/30/20
captjack

Ahoy.  New 81 year old to the game.  I am sure it will outlast me...I see where there are four identical champions and are some how made into one champion like the others except better.  How do I do that?

Everyone stay safe...

captjack

Hello there,

The short answer is that duplicate legendaries can be fed into one another to make a stronger version of it, known as Empowerment. Though I do think this is rarely the best option for most of us. 

Every other rarity (including Legendary) gets benefits from duplicates via Faction Guardians. This is all done in the Guardian Ring, and you can find more details here: https://raid-support.plarium.com/hc/en-us/articles/4410734292370-Guide-Guardian-Ring

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.