All Categories

Pay2Win skill book

Pay2Win skill book

Search
Nov 25, 2018, 17:4611/25/18
11/05/14

Pay2Win skill book

Why can we only get skill tome from real money? This is breaking the not too much pay2win rules. I really hate what your are doing and this is how the game will die. Without the free to play community no one will continue to play. 
Views
Comments
Comments
MariusAdmin
Nov 26, 2018, 11:2911/26/18
09/04/17
Hey, Cannaya. Currently, you can get Skill Tomes through Challenges and Campaign rewards. But we are also planning to add other ways of obtaining them in the future.
Nov 27, 2018, 16:4211/27/18
09/17/18

Please don't make them farmable.  Players will go through that too quick.

In summoners war they had once a week you can buy a skillup item from the arena shop.

Also you could obtain 2 a month from the ascension tower.

Then there are events for these randomly, and yes you coukd buy them rarely.

Just referencing sw for examples, I'm sure you all have your plans.  But please make them rare.
MariusAdmin
Nov 28, 2018, 11:3811/28/18
09/04/17
Don't worry, I doubt Skill Tomes, especially Epic and Legendary ones, will be easy to farm even when new ways of obtaining them are added.
Jan 10, 2020, 11:1501/10/20
01/01/20
Thats a bad idea, it is not good for the free 2 play community who cannot afford to spend or cannot spend because they are from different country and their country doesnt allow the use of any debit or credit card.... it is nearly imposible to get those epic skill books or even the rare ones because they are so hard to comeby.. 
Jan 10, 2020, 11:1701/10/20
01/01/20
Hi, for a f2p player it is nearly impossible to grow your account with out these skill books... please make it farmable .... 
Jan 10, 2020, 12:2901/10/20
01/01/20
Please this is really hurting the game as a whole... and the true potential of champions , You can make the skill books buyable with Gems... atleast
Jan 11, 2020, 18:2501/11/20
07/24/19

Skill tomes do need to be accessible for f2p otherwise it does make game p2w. The boost from them is too big to ignor and anyone thinking they need to cost real money is inforcing the game as p2w. I'm not saying make them easy but they need to exist within reach of everyday f2p players. Rewards run out from quests so unless they go into the 5 day or monthly (1 per month is to low as you need 9 or more). 

I know plarium wants to make the game as hard as possible and make a profit too, this is something that borders the p2w aspect. Making these obtainable for f2p will significantly help with player retention. 

To people thinking this should not be a thing because they lose an advantage, this means you want to pay to get somewhere where a free player cannot. That is pay to win. All that paying for it should get you is skip the wait. Which is still pretty worth it.

I have paid for these because I have gotten some good legendaries but I dont want to drop a ton of cash because I got a good champion. That just feels like I'm being told "nice job, but you have to pay to unlock their full potential". Just feels like a rude move. 

Jan 12, 2020, 02:4601/12/20
02/13/19
angelknight127 said:

Skill tomes do need to be accessible for f2p otherwise it does make game p2w. The boost from them is too big to ignor and anyone thinking they need to cost real money is inforcing the game as p2w. I'm not saying make them easy but they need to exist within reach of everyday f2p players. Rewards run out from quests so unless they go into the 5 day or monthly (1 per month is to low as you need 9 or more). 

I know plarium wants to make the game as hard as possible and make a profit too, this is something that borders the p2w aspect. Making these obtainable for f2p will significantly help with player retention. 

To people thinking this should not be a thing because they lose an advantage, this means you want to pay to get somewhere where a free player cannot. That is pay to win. All that paying for it should get you is skip the wait. Which is still pretty worth it.

I have paid for these because I have gotten some good legendaries but I dont want to drop a ton of cash because I got a good champion. That just feels like I'm being told "nice job, but you have to pay to unlock their full potential". Just feels like a rude move. 

I'm not f2p, but I've never bought skill tomes. You can easily get them from cb rewards or events.
Jan 12, 2020, 10:3601/12/20
09/26/19

Valdys said:

I'm not f2p, but I've never bought skill tomes. You can easily get them from cb rewards or events.

Not trying to be disrespectful or something, but this is just not true. I myself am not f2p, I like to buy something from time to time, mostly energy. So this is just my take on the things.

You say we can obtain them easily? If it would be easy, there would not be forum full of people asking you guys to make books more available. From what im reading regarding this particular issue, you guys from Plarium are just firmly defending your view even though everybody knows it is just NOT TRUE.

If you are making such a bold statement like "You can easily get them from cb rewards or events.", could you elaborate? Throw some statistics, drop rates etc, which would support your claim. I have been reading the forums for a while now and from what I can tell, even from my game experience, your statement is just not the reality you want us to believe.

CB events: Nightmare top tier chest is full of rare books, which you dont really need when youre at that level of gameplay. I personally got only 2 epic books from clan boss rewards ever. One from hard clan boss, one from nightmare. Thats it.

Events: Mostly not worth it, because it takes so many resources just to get one book, which is mostly at the end of rewards chain. You know that for total f2p and even for people like me, who spend little from time to time, managing resources is just the most important thing.

Now, if I have to choose between lets say farming gear or just leveling champions for days to get one epic book, its not really a hard call for most people. You know when I level champions? When I have XP boost available, because its mandatory for leveling. You know when I dont level champions? When I have to use all my energy to get one epic book.

So, thats my take on your statement that its so "easy" to get books. And dont forget that some champs are really, really book hungry.

Jan 12, 2020, 12:5401/12/20
02/13/19

There are a lot of f2p guys in my clan, they always do events to get tomes and they attack cb ultra. Ok, it's not easy as it would be if we could farm them in a dungeon, but it's not so difficult if you're really active.

About rare tomes from cb rewards (there are rare tomes in ultra rewards too), I agree, it's really frustrating.
Jan 12, 2020, 13:0201/12/20
09/26/19

Valdys said:

There are a lot of f2p guys in my clan, they always do events to get tomes and they attack cb ultra. Ok, it's not easy as it would be if we could farm them in a dungeon, but it's not so difficult if you're really active.

About rare tomes from cb rewards (there are rare tomes in ultra rewards too), I agree, it's really frustrating.

And on the other hand there are most of f2p guys in my clan, and they never get tomes. Funny, but we can both shoot anecdotal evidence on each other with no real benefit. That is why I urged you to support your claims with some statistics, as you are the one making this claim and you are as well working for Plarium. I am just a player.

I would say that playing every day and using all of your available energy is definition of active player, so I can say, I am really active as well. And I am still saying it is difficult, because I dont get any.

Nobody is frustrated we have rare tomes from nightmare CB, we are frustrated that we get ONLY rare tomes from nightmare CB.

Jan 12, 2020, 19:5101/12/20
07/24/19

Getting them from events are not fun because it is very taxing. Obtaining them from cb people need nightmare. That is fine if you can do it. But anyone who has not reached a team that lvl cannot utilize the legendary champs to their full potential. issues on these forums are very consistent over the 8 months I played, meaning player concerns are neglected. I'm not saying you cant defend your stuff but dismissing it in the manor your are is just saying are concerns are not valued. 

I'm barely able to do nightmare after 8 months. If i got a legendary early on waiting this long to get tomes would have just told me this is pointless. And activity is limited by energy so there reaLly is a limit on how much you can play this game a day as f2p. 

Additionally I have got 1 epic tome from cb in a month. Are you saying it will take 9 months to tome and epic? And what about legendary 

Jan 13, 2020, 02:5801/13/20
02/13/19

jakub said:

Valdys said:

And on the other hand there are most of f2p guys in my clan, and they never get tomes. Funny, but we can both shoot anecdotal evidence on each other with no real benefit. That is why I urged you to support your claims with some statistics, as you are the one making this claim and you are as well working for Plarium. I am just a player.

I would say that playing every day and using all of your available energy is definition of active player, so I can say, I am really active as well. And I am still saying it is difficult, because I dont get any.

Nobody is frustrated we have rare tomes from nightmare CB, we are frustrated that we get ONLY rare tomes from nightmare CB.

We have rare tomes from ultra cb too.

Btw thanks for the feedback, I'll send it to the devs and close this topic.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.