All Categories

Getting past those pesky arena missions

Search
Sep 10, 2020, 23:3609/10/20
07/02/20

This is going to sound obvious and stupid, but it will help this click for you. There are only two ways you can win an arena match. Either you go first and kill the entire team before they go. Or you go second and you have a super defensive team that can just poke at the other team and out-survive them. In the early-mid game where you're likely stuck on the arena missions, it's going to be very hard to get a defensive team unless you were super lucky in shard draws.

This means you're going to need to use High Khatun, and 3 nukers. Something easily attainable is High Khatun, Spirithost, Warmaiden, Kael. Now the first step is to boost High Khatun's speed as much as you can. You're going to want all 6 pieces from the speed set. All 6 pieces should give speed. Your boots definitely need to be 5-star and +16. I'm at about 220 speed right now, and I can only out-speed about 1/3 of the teams. If you can get 230-235 that's great. If you 6-star and fully ascend her, she'll get more speed, so that makes it even better. Next, you need to adjust the speed on all your champs, so that khatun goes first, then spirithost, then warmaiden, then kael. Basically you want to make it so you can do the maximum amount of damage to try to kill the other team before they go. You'll still want to be at at least 160 speed on your slowest guy. The higher the better.

Now there's two keys to success. You have to go first, and you have to avoid unkillable champs. Avoid everyone in this picture. Most likely you will only be able to beat 1-2 opponents per reset. But by doing this you will climb. I've currently got 90 silver trophies, and I've been playing this game for 65 days.

https://imgur.com/a/I8uPYMF

The last thing you should be checking is level and Attack Power.  I'm sitting at 80k Attack Power, and I'm able to kill teams at around 105k attack power.  Above that and the gear difference becomes too high. There are teams that have 50k Attack Power and beat me, because they are faster.  Attack Power isn't really a huge factor.

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 12, 2020, 23:2009/12/20
Sep 12, 2020, 23:28(edited)
02/20/17

very good tips, if only they are achievable.  sounds wonderful.  what if you have the others but no high katun, can you suggest another one? and no legendaries, pls, I have been in the game 3 years and never got one, in spite of getting zillions of shards of all the varieties...I am F2P only.

I have no 6 star artifacts, two 6 star champs Elhain and Kael.  Arena is mostly pitiful for me, but I would like the tactical training you mention where force is less important.  My top speed on a champ is about 160 or so. Been studying up on the guides for artifact selection.  But on Utube those guys have hundreds of champs all L60 6 star, 50 million silver, etc etc, so most of those people are not for the common man, but in theory many of their tips are good. After trying for a long time I learned how to crack Lvl 8 on Fire Knight, got an achievement bonus. But to them they want L13 minimum.  I do a few Lvl 10's in various places, but I can see in the arena that the bigshots have an armada of L60's, many legendaries. I have done the quests to make L16 artifacts but generally they are all 1* common ones to minimize silver. Some of those upgrades can go over 20 tries...that's robbery plain and simple.

TIA on the High Katun

PS, I get criticized for what seems like slow development, but looking back I wasted efforts on too many champs, but how do you know unless you try?  So many champs and artifacts have come and gone, I saw a tip on utube that said in essence, if you can't be with the one u want, love the one u r with, as the classic tune goes.  I had to dispose of many in the upgrade process, perhaps even the high katun, not realizing what that one might be good for. But almost everytime I met that in the arena I beat it, don't see the big deal about it.  Virtually every single freebie I got from the game was junk over and over again.  Even warmaiden, lots of people have it but I do not see the big deal. I have 2, and 2 spirithosts.

Sep 14, 2020, 16:0109/14/20
07/02/20

High Khatun is given to you for a 30 day reward.  If you got rid of her, that sucks for you, lol.  But basically you want someone with a speed aura, that also boosts your speed.  Gorgarab is also a good epic to do this. I'm very surprised to hear you only have two 6-star champs after 3 years.  I'm guessing your whole vault is filled with 5-star guys? It would be helpful if you posted your vault, otherwise I can only give you theoretical advice.  There are two things I can tell you for sure though.  First off, definitely 6-star your best champs.  Again, I can recommend specifically which ones if you post a vault.  But a 6-star is easily better than 4x 5-stars.  Secondly, you need a lot more speed.  In the early game I would basically put on 1 speed set and 1 lifesteal  set on each of your champs.  And every single piece should have both speed and accuracy.  If they don't, keep farming until you find 5-star pieces that do.  Also, you definitely need to +16 your boots, that will give you the most speed. 

FYI I have no 6 star artifacts either.  The key to both warmaiden and spirithost is rearranging the speed on your champs so they go before Kael and Elhain.  Then those two will hit like trucks.
Sep 18, 2020, 00:2809/18/20
Sep 18, 2020, 00:35(edited)
02/20/17

Thanks for the reply.  and THANKS for the tips on warm & shost warming up the field to be followed by the big hitters.

Got my 2nd 6*, Kael, now working on Apothecary. Apoth is 6*, working on lvl 40/60 now.  So it is moving along.  Just what I have done so far has made dramatic improvements in the CB, campaigns (finishing out all the brutals getting 3*). As far as my roster, I have fewer names but some multiples of each:

2 WARMAIDEN, 4 VALERIE, 3 APOTH, 2 WARPRIEST, 3 ATHEL, GALEK, ELHAIN, KAEL, HOPE, JIZOH, DERVISH (highest ATK multiplier in the game, if you can protect her, she is a real assassin), MAGUS, M SUPERIOR, M MAGE, PARAGON, 2 S'HOST, DIABOLIST, COLDHEART 4*, RENEGADE 4*.  Still trying to maintain a mix of affinities for the tag team arena.

LAST but NOT LEAST, I won a monthly prize and got the Legendary yellow shard, but THIS time it actually paid out a Legendary Champ. They gave me H SMASHLORD (Skinwalkers).  It seems pretty good so far, busy leveling it up. So finally got some gold in my basket.

I was spread real thin for awhile, trying to hold it down to 50 different champs, lol! But I finally started tuning in to utube vids and seeing what Hunter and many other talk hosts were saying.  I saved links to some real good discussions and tutorials.

Now they have a whole new setup for making your own artifacts, very exciting! I have some 6* Boots now.

After listening to all those so called experts, based on what I have been using and watching the Arena, I should get the Warmaiden(s) to L50. Same with Coldheart. For 6*, that would have to be M Mage.

Hard part is coming up with the food for all that.  Was worried about a fortune in lost artifacts but the new system is giving me hope on that front.

I farmed about 1 million in silver, and used that to push my way to 2-L16 artifacts for a quest, starting from bare bones 1* items. The game had given me 500 energy in compensation for their trouble within the game.  The prize for the 2 L16's was 200 more energy and 200k silver, hardly worth it, but I am an inch away from another legendary shard.

Thanks again for the help.  Sure, I wish I had all these rare champs that so many say and have, like M Monster, Gorgorab, etc etc....just DOES NOT HAPPEN for me. Lucky I got Kael.  No shortage of shards, just no big names in show business.

Today I got Dark ELHAIN, not too exciting, just another mid range epic imo.  On the food menu, that is the kind of champ I wasted too much time in the past (like Dark ATHEL).