All Categories

skills upgrade - how to select which one to upgrade?  downgrade?

skills upgrade - how to select which one to upgrade? downgrade?

Search
May 14, 2020, 00:1905/14/20
04/07/20

skills upgrade - how to select which one to upgrade? downgrade?

Sometimes I have been able to upgrade a champion's secondary skill by clicking on it and adding the champion or tome and then (maybe selecting the skill again) and then clicking upgrade.  Other times the primary skill is upgraded instead.

Is there a regular procedure for choosing a skill and upgrading it?

Below I wanted to upgrade the secondary skill for healing, but the default skill was upgraded.

Also, I see that duplicates appear even if the duplicate has higher level skills.  I don't think I've made the mistake of upgrading a champion's skill one level by sacrificing a more skilled or ascended duplicate--a net downgrade.  Is there something to prevent that?

Views
Comments
Comments
May 14, 2020, 06:1905/14/20
04/14/20

No, it's random, sadly. Can be very frustrating, especially for champions who have seven or eight levels of upgrades on a skill you don't care about, so with bad luck you waste a lot of books to upgrade the skill you do want. 

To avoid accidentally sacrificing heroes, use the lock button on all champions you definitely want to keep (the lock icon below the left hand hero slots in the screenshot). 

Also, keep in mind that skill books are rare. You'll get a bunch quite easily in the early game from challenges, mission rewards and such, but later on they become hard to get. So do consider carefully if the champion is really worth the books. Your starter champion is worth books for sure, but most other champions that you get early on probably won't be. And with uncommon champions like Zephyr, you should be able to upgrade her skills using only duplicate copies, which you will keep getting every once in a while from mystery shards, so no need to spend precious books on her. 
May 14, 2020, 19:5905/14/20
04/07/20

Thanks.

It looks like the player needs a buff of +50% on upgrading the skill desired. :)