All Categories

Pitiless one

Pitiless one

Search
Aug 2, 2019, 06:4908/02/19
05/12/19

Pitiless one

So I just got Pitiless one. I cant find any guides for him and I was wondering if he is worth investing. 

Skills: 

A1 attacks 1 enemy 2 times, 

A2 (4turn cooldown, fully booked 3turn) each critical hit boosts his turn Meter 15%

A3 (passive) each critical hit heals him by 15% of the dmg inflicted

Aura increases crit Rate by 19% in all battles 

It seems to me that he would be good in CB, Arena Def, FK might be an option, mabey Spider...

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 2, 2019, 20:5508/02/19
05/13/19

The “Pitiless one” is a new hero.

You will not find any guides on him.

Guides on heroes come out weeks/months later.

• Not many people own this hero.
Thus, People don’t like making guides for heroes they don’t own.

• The ones who do own the “Pitiless One” may be in your same predicament.
They might be to afraid to waste resources on him.

They don’t want to waste precious limited resources on a hero who is bad.

So it looks like you are utterly doomed.

The only insight I can give you on the “Pitiless One” is based on his appearance & skills.

The “Pitiless One” has the color blue & purple.

The “Pitiless One” is rocking a Mohawk Helmet.

I think he looks “Cool”.

• I think the “Pitiless One” is going to be trash in the Clan Boss.
The reason why is because he does no Poison or HP Burn.

The A1 hits 2 times. <—— If it was 3 hit A1, I would feel different about him vs. CB.

The A2 hits 1 time.

You would have to run WarMaster with him in his current skill kit which isn’t ideal.

• I think the “Pitiless One” is going to be mediocre in the Dungeons except Spider.

I think he is mediocre because I only envision him helping clear the trash mobs leading up to the Bosses.

I think he is good for Spider because all the Spiderlings.

• I think the Arena is the only place this dude is going to see play.

However, I think the “Pitiless One” is only going to be an intermediate level guy.

The reason why is because he is Magic Affinity.

The Magic Affinity really kills this guys success.

The Starting hero’s are Rare - Attack Type - Magic Affinity.

The Best Arena hero(Rare) is Legendary - Attack Type - Magic Affinity.

No one is going to use Pitiless over Rae.

It’s not going to happen.

You would use the Pitiless over the Starters (Kael, Athel, Galek, & Elhain)

The problem is most players are going to be more focused getting a Force & Spirit Affinity Attacker.

Depending on when they pull Pitiless, you might use him or might not.

End game player isn’t going to use him in my opinion.

Beginner - Intermediate game player is more likely to use him.

• I think this guy is going to be Amazing in Campaign.

I will touch on this a little later when I talk about his skills, but I think he will be amazing.

My Skill Break Down for the Pitiless Ones is:

• A1 = Trash

We have a Green hero’s doing 2 hits.

The skill is utter garbage because it isn’t doing anything.

No Weaken, No Defense Defense, No Poison, No doing anything at all? 

A Vanilla 2 hits is Trash!

• A2 = God Tier skill or Mediocre Tier Skill -  It all depends on whether or not the Turn Meter can Stack

You would need to test this skill.

My assumption is if you hit 4 heroes in the Arena or Campaign.

Let’s say your Crit Rate is very high so you Crit Hit on each Hero.

Do you gain 15% TM for each hero giving you a total of 60% TM.

If you can get 60% TM, The skill is amazing.

If you can’t get above 15% TM, The skill is sadness.

• A3 = Good - 15% Self Sustain 
It is like a mini-built in Lifesteal.

It can come in handy vs. the Campaign + Long Arena Fights.

• A4 = I love the Crit Rate Aura for this guy.
I think this is the perfect skill to make him a Campaign Farmer.

You have Campaign Farmer as the Solo Leader.

You have Crit Rate Aura which lets your gear set up be more Flexible.

You have Mini-Lifesteal built into this guy to heal up some.

For the love of everything holy Plarium, Please make this guys A2 be good.

The only thing this guy has truly going for him is he hope of his A2 being good.

The A3 is good, but not super amazing.

The Aura matches his Skill kit very well, but in the Grand Scheme of things Crit Rate Aura’s not used a lot.

The success of this hero depends on the A2.

We want to use the A2 as many times as possible.

• Cool Down is 3 with Book.
  • The Turn Meter +60% can help burn thru the Cool Downs.
  • A Reflex Set to help trigger the lowering of the Cool Down even more.
  • Masteries which reduce Cool Down’s
The design is there!

The factors for this to succeed is unknown!

• We don’t know how the skill fully functions.
  • We don’t know his Damage Multiplier.
We have to make assumptions here, until someone test this guy out!

We are assuming the Skill is Increasing his chance to have another turn with 60%+ Turn Meter.

We are assuming the Damage Multiplier is on par with all other Epic Heroes at his level.

SkullCrown is a Knight Revelant Epic with great Damage.

We can only hope his is close to her’s.

WE NEED GUINEA PIGS TO TEST IT OUT!

Put over 100% Crit Rate on him.

Hit a Campaign Mob with full Spirit Heroes Low Level.

Look at how much his Turn Meter increases.

Is it a small amount?

Is it over half?

It is a HUGE Difference!

Aug 2, 2019, 21:5008/02/19
05/12/19

Thank you for your response. I will be testing his A2 in the next couple of days (probably After the weekend) and keep you Updatet. 

I already own SkullCrown, so he most likely wont be my campaign Farmer of choice.

If his A2 stacks il try him in dungeons (but I wont be investing books). I already have Champions for all dungeons that most likely will do better than him.

(Another Epic for the Champion Vault)
Aug 5, 2019, 11:3408/05/19
Aug 5, 2019, 11:35(edited)
05/12/19

Update:

His A2 boosts his turn meter by 15% for each critical hit (meaning 2crits=30% turn meter increase) 

He is amazing in the Spider Dungeon (He basically gets another free hit After his A2)

He works in every dungeon because of his self sustain, low lvl CB aswell.  But i wouldnt really use him in other Dungeons if you dont have to, he is mediocre  (you could give him giant slayer for CB, his A1 is a 2hit attack but there are far better Champions for giant slayer). 

I also belive that he would Profit more from the Crit-Dmg increase instead of giant slayer.

Gear: 

For Test purposes I gave him full crit-rate Gear. 

Primary Stat should be Crit-Rate, then Crit-Dmg, Attack% and would also give him some Speed.

I am far from done testing him but he wont stay in my Vault. He will be the latest Addition to my Spider Team.

For the CB and other Dungeons I have better Champions but If you happen to get him early I dont see why you shouldnt use him in other dungeons (just Switch him out once you get better suited champions). And keep in mind that his A2 becomes basically useless once you killed all of the Bosses minions. 

I will start using him in Arena for Test purposes but i already can tell you that he is a downgrade from my current Arena Team.

Aug 6, 2019, 18:5508/06/19
05/13/19

MorganLatte said:

Update:

His A2 boosts his turn meter by 15% for each critical hit (meaning 2crits=30% turn meter increase) 

He is amazing in the Spider Dungeon (He basically gets another free hit After his A2)

He works in every dungeon because of his self sustain, low lvl CB aswell.  But i wouldnt really use him in other Dungeons if you dont have to, he is mediocre  (you could give him giant slayer for CB, his A1 is a 2hit attack but there are far better Champions for giant slayer). 

I also belive that he would Profit more from the Crit-Dmg increase instead of giant slayer.

Gear: 

For Test purposes I gave him full crit-rate Gear. 

Primary Stat should be Crit-Rate, then Crit-Dmg, Attack% and would also give him some Speed.

I am far from done testing him but he wont stay in my Vault. He will be the latest Addition to my Spider Team.

For the CB and other Dungeons I have better Champions but If you happen to get him early I dont see why you shouldnt use him in other dungeons (just Switch him out once you get better suited champions). And keep in mind that his A2 becomes basically useless once you killed all of the Bosses minions. 

I will start using him in Arena for Test purposes but i already can tell you that he is a downgrade from my current Arena Team.

I will give you my thoughts in regard to what you have said.

The “Pitiless One” A2 situation:

I’m glad to hear he isn’t utterly useless!

The A2 is the only skill saving this guy from being straight garbage.

You can use him against a lot of targets and he will get an extra Turn from all the TM fills!

This is what we was hoping for!

Best case scenario, I’m glad Plarium pulled through and didn’t make him utter garbage.

Dungeons:

It seems like I was right in saying he is mediocre in most dungeons except Spider.

The “Pitiless One” seems more like a AOE type of hero.

He likes fighting a lot of people!

I think he is fine taking out the trash mobs leading up to the Boss in round 1 + 2.

I think his greatest weakness is being in a 1 on 1 fight vs. Hero or Boss

The “Pitiless One” has no Single Target skills that are good.

The A1 is the only skill letting him hit 1 person, but it isn’t 3 hits or 1 single hit.

A Single Target hero has a 3 Hit skill with a chance to place a Debuff (Example: Athel)

A Single Target hero has a 1 Hit skill which Ignores Shields + Block Damage Buffs (Example: Mortu-Macaab)

A Single Target hero has a 1 Hit skill which Ignores Defense. (Example: Royal Huntsmen)

A Single Target hero has a 1 Hit skill which hits based on Enemy Max HP. (Example: ColdHeart)

The “Pitiless One” doesn’t do any of the above so it makes him bad in a 1 on 1 fight.

Your test basically confirms everything I was thinking.

Gear:

I think you can build him several ways.

• 1 way: 4 piece Reflex + 2 piece Crit Rate 
  • 2 way: 4 piece Crit Damage + 2 piece Crit Rate
  • 3 way: 2 piece Crit Damage + 2 piece Offfense/Cruel + 2 piece Crit Rate

These are the set ups I’m thinking for him.

You want to get his Crit Rate to 100% with out using Gloves.

In my experience, you need at least 2 pieces of Crit Rate Gear + 5 Crit Rate Sub-Stats to achieve 100% Crit Rate with out using Gloves.

This is using 5 star gear.

It could be different with 6 star gear, but 6 star gear is still new.

I don’t have many pieces so I can’t test.

Your Primary stats will be:

• Crit Damage - Gloves
  • Atk % - Chest
  • Speed - Shoes

Your Secondary stats will be:

• Crit Rate <———Most important Sub-Stat out of the 4.
  • Crit Damage
  • Atk %
  • Speed

Arena:

Assuming the Pitiless One Damage is on par with other Epics, The Pitiless One should do great in arena on a Burst Arena Offense Team.

The only problem is he is Magic Affinity.

I spoke about this before.

The Magic Affinity is utterly going to cripple this guys chances of success.

Most people have there Starters as there Main Damage Dealer starting out.

The starters are Magic Affinity.

You want to Pair your starter with a Spirit or Force Affinity hero.

You want to have counter Affinities.

Your team will get completely snowballed by a Relic Keeper.

All the Magic hero’s leave you open for Relic Keeper sweeps.

They will 1 shot your team as if they are Farming Campaign.

It is utterly ridiculous the game keeps making Magic heroes.

Aug 13, 2019, 20:0008/13/19
03/18/19
Does he hit hard with his AoE?
Aug 14, 2019, 18:2708/14/19
Aug 14, 2019, 18:31(edited)
05/13/19

MinoT said:

Does he hit hard with his AoE?

No one really knows that is the beauty of this game.

It is all a mystery.

Who wants to use precious Epic Tomes on him?

No one does because they are afraid!

They are Naked & Afraid like the TV Show.

What if you put Tomes in him and he is trash?

You can’t get Tomes back.

They are gone forever.

This is why this game is awesome.

We huddle around cackling to each other like chickens.

All we say is - Is he good? Is he good? Just tell us if he is good?

Than we wait for the “noob” to come.

There is always that 1 “noob” who decides to us his Epic & Legendary Tomes skilling up a random Epic like “The Pitiless One”.

And why does the noob do it? It is because he loves Mohawks and he doesn’t have clue!

Than we are going to break from our cackling huddle and ask the noob questions.

Such has does “The Pitiless One” Hit hard?

If noob says yes, we will think about leveling “The Pitiless One” up.

If noob says no, we will chastise him.

What were you thinking noob? Using Precious Tomes on hero, you have no idea about!

What an amateur mistake! Your account is Totaled!

Might as well just start over!

That is the plan! 👍
Sep 16, 2019, 19:0309/16/19
08/12/19

In short, can we say that Pitiless is useful in any game mode?

Arena or CB ???

Sep 17, 2019, 09:5709/17/19
10/13/18
I have him 60, full masteries, full gear. 35k power. He hits hard a2, his a1 is trash, basically everything Player J said is accurate. His best use will be campaign, because past 14 he won't be effective. He is useful in faction wars though.
Oct 1, 2019, 19:5010/01/19
05/13/19

Kodendark said:

I have him 60, full masteries, full gear. 35k power. He hits hard a2, his a1 is trash, basically everything Player J said is accurate. His best use will be campaign, because past 14 he won't be effective. He is useful in faction wars though.

Ty for confirming my initial assessment.

Oct 29, 2019, 21:3410/29/19
03/20/19

But ... but ... but ... he LOOKS cool. 

After a while, I get bored of the looting treadmill and start focusing on champions that look cool, or have cool animations or whatever. Because it's a game, and I don't want to feel like it's playing ME (the math is the math ...), sometimes I just think about which heroes are actually fun to see do their thing. This guy wins for that. So far. 

But it would be all the better--if he were better. :( 
Nov 3, 2019, 20:2911/03/19
05/16/19
My video here should cover why Pitiless One does not belong in Spider at all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTO83MeHjGo&t=18s

You will have a VERY difficult time on Spider 20 with him in your group.  I certainly do not advise it unless you are VERY hard up for champions at that point.

I have a Pitiless one, but only leveled him to 40.  Did my typical testing I did with a level 40 (toyed in Faction Wars).  Pitiless One is garbage.

Reasons why he is garbage:

1)  Absolutely no debuffs at all.

2)  His damage multiplier (scaling with stats) is only average.  So average damage but no buffs or debuffs for anyone.  Even at a glance, I knew he'd be complete trash unless his damage scaled amazingly well, which it doesn't.

3)  He only heals himself.  Good epics can heal everyone (ex. Vrask)

He has NONE of the abilities you need for handling the higher levels of Spider.  AoE alone like that is not nearly enough, and with a lack of AoE on his A1, he is even lacking in the AoE department for Spider. 

The one and only thing I could see him possibly being used for is in arena for a speed group (and making him a glass cannon). 

Sorry someone didn't tell you sooner before you maxed him.  That's why if you're new, patience helps. ;)

One last thing, DO NOT put giant slayer on him.  Giant slayer only belongs on champions with 3 or more hits on average.  2 hits are too unreliable with giant slayer.  You would want warmaster on him out of the two if you continue using him for Spider.  However, since his only viability is arena, I would suggest the +20% crit damage on the tier 6 masteries.  That's what would offer the most reliable and consistent extra damage on enemies.

Jan 24, 2020, 22:5501/24/20
12/23/19

AscendantGod said:

My video here should cover why Pitiless One does not belong in Spider at all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTO83MeHjGo&t=18s

You will have a VERY difficult time on Spider 20 with him in your group.  I certainly do not advise it unless you are VERY hard up for champions at that point.

I have a Pitiless one, but only leveled him to 40.  Did my typical testing I did with a level 40 (toyed in Faction Wars).  Pitiless One is garbage.

Reasons why he is garbage:

1)  Absolutely no debuffs at all.

2)  His damage multiplier (scaling with stats) is only average.  So average damage but no buffs or debuffs for anyone.  Even at a glance, I knew he'd be complete trash unless his damage scaled amazingly well, which it doesn't.

3)  He only heals himself.  Good epics can heal everyone (ex. Vrask)

He has NONE of the abilities you need for handling the higher levels of Spider.  AoE alone like that is not nearly enough, and with a lack of AoE on his A1, he is even lacking in the AoE department for Spider. 

The one and only thing I could see him possibly being used for is in arena for a speed group (and making him a glass cannon). 

Sorry someone didn't tell you sooner before you maxed him.  That's why if you're new, patience helps. ;)

One last thing, DO NOT put giant slayer on him.  Giant slayer only belongs on champions with 3 or more hits on average.  2 hits are too unreliable with giant slayer.  You would want warmaster on him out of the two if you continue using him for Spider.  However, since his only viability is arena, I would suggest the +20% crit damage on the tier 6 masteries.  That's what would offer the most reliable and consistent extra damage on enemies.

Came here for pitiless but stayed for your vid. You explained everything in detail, crystal clear. I didnt check your channel for more info but I hope you continued making these guides because you are good at it. 

Having said that, I really dont see the use of Pitiless now. Its a shame they created an epic like many others who are trash at everything when it comes to end game. I feel like with epics, they all should have atleast one area where they are end game viable. Defile Sinner falls also in the same category I feel, eventho his skillset screams for spiders, but in practice, defile Sinner wastes his HP% skill and is force affinity. So many good champs wasted, but thanks again for confirming it.
Mar 12, 2020, 09:0703/12/20
02/09/20
couldnt disagree with you more ... pitiless one for me is awesome i have ranked hom to 5 stars and am looking to rank him to 6 stars i have ascended him 5 stars given him good attacking artifacts and he now has good power is rarely killed and has an awesome AoE attack
Aug 21, 2020, 14:5808/21/20
03/20/19
iamthegoat said:

couldnt disagree with you more ... pitiless one for me is awesome i have ranked hom to 5 stars and am looking to rank him to 6 stars i have ascended him 5 stars given him good attacking artifacts and he now has good power is rarely killed and has an awesome AoE attack
But where are you in the game? I have trouble imagining him being viable after about level 13 dungeons or whatever. Prove me wrong--I want this guy to be cool; just don't see it.