All Categories

Exactly how does accuracy work?

Search
May 22, 2019, 18:2905/22/19
05/16/19

I get that it increases the chances of applying debuffs to enemies, but how? Does it counter "resistance" that another champion might have, or does it increase a probability of applying the debuff? Like say if I have a champion that has a 50% chance of applying a specific debuff, does it increase the likelihood to a higher percentage, or does it only counter resistance the targeted champion might have?

The reason I am wondering is that I am not sure if the accuracy exceeds the amount of resistance the targeted champion has, does the excess accuracy go to waste, or can it cause a debuff to have an increased likelihood above and beyond the base chance it has? 

Views
Comments
Comments
May 22, 2019, 19:2705/22/19
05/16/19
Sorry, just realized I put this into the wrong category
May 22, 2019, 21:1805/22/19
02/26/19
I´ve been wondering the same thing, so I tested out with Bellower, gave him acc through the roof. His basic skill, which has a 30% chance of debuffing, still only debuffed occasionally against both low and high level opponents. Whereas his cooldown skills, which have higher percentages, trigger accordingly. So I'm 99% certain accuracy doesn't actually improve the chance of triggering a debuff, it just improves the chance of applying it once triggered.
May 23, 2019, 19:0605/23/19
02/26/19
Also, it seems that acc vs res carries its own rng. Sometimes acc wins, and sometimes the same enemy resists.
May 24, 2019, 15:3705/24/19
02/17/19

Accuracy and Resistance have no impact on the % chance listed in a skill's description. So, let's say you have a skill that has a 30% chance of applying a poison debuff, the first step is the game rolls that 30% chance. After that, accuracy and resistance are taken into account. These two attributes work against each other, however keep in mind that there is always a chance to resist a debuff, no matter the accuracy of the champion applying the debuff. I believe there are plans for a video guide to be released at some point to explain these mechanics in more detail!

However, in general, if your champion depends on applying debuffs, you can't really go wrong with having a lot of accuracy.
May 24, 2019, 17:2205/24/19
05/16/19
karhullu said:

Accuracy and Resistance have no impact on the % chance listed in a skill's description. So, let's say you have a skill that has a 30% chance of applying a poison debuff, the first step is the game rolls that 30% chance. After that, accuracy and resistance are taken into account. These two attributes work against each other, however keep in mind that there is always a chance to resist a debuff, no matter the accuracy of the champion applying the debuff. I believe there are plans for a video guide to be released at some point to explain these mechanics in more detail!

However, in general, if your champion depends on applying debuffs, you can't really go wrong with having a lot of accuracy.
Thanks for the information.  However, I would disagree with your last statement regarding having a lot of accuracy.  If the accuracy exceeds the opponents resistance, then it offers no benefit at all.  In that case, it would be far more viable to go with any other attribute that would be applicable to that particular opponent.  I really don't like the idea of "maybe you'll need accuracy, or maybe it will be worthless on your opponent."  But again, thanks for the information and yes, a guide would be great.  Something written FAR more preferable, as no one wants to sit through a video of someone rambling just to hope they will find out something new they don't know yet.  A written guide would make far more sense.
May 24, 2019, 19:5405/24/19
03/15/19

karhullu said:

Is there an accuracy cap?

May 24, 2019, 21:2405/24/19
05/16/19

Darth Jaedus said:

karhullu said:

More importantly, when accuracy exceeds an opponent's resistance, does the excess accuracy go to waste at that point, or is there any other use for it?

My issue there is that if the "cap" to accuracy is essentially the opponent's resistance, then we could easily over-gear for accuracy and waste valuable allocation of gear that would be better used for other stats.
May 25, 2019, 07:3005/25/19
02/17/19
God said:

Darth Jaedus said:

karhullu said:

More importantly, when accuracy exceeds an opponent's resistance, does the excess accuracy go to waste at that point, or is there any other use for it?

My issue there is that if the "cap" to accuracy is essentially the opponent's resistance, then we could easily over-gear for accuracy and waste valuable allocation of gear that would be better used for other stats.
I don't know the full technical workings of accuracy and resistance, so I honestly don't know if there is a theoretical cap to accuracy, or what happens when accuracy goes over resistance. Again, it's never possible to 100% land or resist a debuff, so I'm skeptical if the relationship between accuracy and resistance is 1-to-1. In any event, since you don't actually know how much resistance your opponent has, it becomes even harder to say how much accuracy is "too much." I've seen some people suggest 200 accuracy if you really need your debuffs to land, but I don't know where this number is coming from. I would never make accuracy the primary stat to focus though. Anyways, hopefully we get a guide that sheds some light on these things soon, however I wouldn't expect the developers to reveal all the secrets of the inner workings of the game mechanics.
May 27, 2019, 04:0705/27/19
05/16/19
karhullu said:

God said:

Darth Jaedus said:

karhullu said:

I don't know the full technical workings of accuracy and resistance, so I honestly don't know if there is a theoretical cap to accuracy, or what happens when accuracy goes over resistance. Again, it's never possible to 100% land or resist a debuff, so I'm skeptical if the relationship between accuracy and resistance is 1-to-1. In any event, since you don't actually know how much resistance your opponent has, it becomes even harder to say how much accuracy is "too much." I've seen some people suggest 200 accuracy if you really need your debuffs to land, but I don't know where this number is coming from. I would never make accuracy the primary stat to focus though. Anyways, hopefully we get a guide that sheds some light on these things soon, however I wouldn't expect the developers to reveal all the secrets of the inner workings of the game mechanics.
Thanks for the feedback.  And I feel like 200 accuracy makes no sense.  Would make far more sense to invest into offense, as you don't need to worry about landing a debuff if the target is dead, and increased attack is always something you know will end up being useful in any battle
Jun 26, 2019, 19:2806/26/19
03/19/19
Based on what I am reading here then there isn't much use for accuracy?! That kinda suck.  I put it on my Bellower thinking that it will be helpful. It has an attack stat and small percent chances to add additional effects. I dont see how the suggested build make him viable when it doesnt even focus on adding attack (like percentages ) to him.  I like the game but sometimes I think the mechanics do not make sense.
Jun 28, 2019, 05:4306/28/19
05/13/19

KarumaKashi. said:

Based on what I am reading here then there isn't much use for accuracy?! That kinda suck.  I put it on my Bellower thinking that it will be helpful. It has an attack stat and small percent chances to add additional effects. I dont see how the suggested build make him viable when it doesnt even focus on adding attack (like percentages ) to him.  I like the game but sometimes I think the mechanics do not make sense.

Accuracy has great usage!

Based on what I know about Accuracy, I can help you understand how it works in 4 Steps!

• STEP 1 - CHANCE % on a Hero!

The Chance percentage will define whether or not a hero will attempt to place a Debuff!

YOU WANT THE CHANCE % TO BE 100% OR HAVE THE ABILITY TO REACH 100%

If the hero can’t reach 100%, you will have problems placing Debuffs regardless of how much Accuracy you have!

Most hero which can’t reach 100% Chance are not good hero’s.

Not reaching 100% Chance is 1 key - tell - tell sign to watch out for!

If you get a hero with low Chance, You should ask around before using the hero’s!

You might not want to waste your time leveling up a hero who ends up being a bad hero!

If you acquire a hero, who starts off with a low Chance, Than has the ability to increase the chance, You should approach with caution!

Let me give you an example:

Let’s say a hero starts off with a 60% CHANCE.

Let’s say you look at the skill upgrades and you notice it has the potential to gain an extra 40% CHANCE.

On the surface, you have a great hero because it can reach 100% Chance!

BUT KEEP IN MIND, YOU WILL NEED TO USE TOMES TO LEVEL UP THE SKILL TO REACH 100%!

The hero is only good when you have him at 100%.

If you can’t get him to 100%, you should approach with caution!

You should consider whether or not you have the resources required to invest in the hero.

If you don’t, you may need to hold off!

ONCE, YOU HAVE A HERO WITH 100% CHANCE, YOU MOVE ON TO STEP 2.

• STEP 2 - Accuracy vs. Resistance 

Your hero has 100% chance at this point!

Your hero will attempt to place a Debuff.

Think of it like a person shooting an Arrow or Gun.

When a hero has an 100% Chance, the hero will take aim on a target + fire a shot!

Whether or not the Arrow or Bullet hits the target depends on your Accuracy + Enemy Resist!

If your Accuracy is low, you will not hit the bullseyes (Hero).

You will miss.

If your opponent has high Resist, they will dodge/resist your shot.

They are not going to stand there like a dummy and let you hit them.

The amount of Accuracy on your hero will need to be more than the enemy Resistance!

Depending on who your enemy is, You will have to adjust!

I will now give you some information which could show you how importance accuracy & resistance really are!

I will give some examples based on test I & some of my friends have done!

• We believe the Base Clan Boss starts off at 50 Resistance + increases 30 Resistance per Mode
  • Easy Mode CB - 50 Resist 
  • Normal Mode CB - 80 Resist 
  • Hard Mode CB - 110 Resist
  • Brutal Mode CB - 140 Resist
  • NightMare Mode CB - 170 Resist 
We have had several End game players say once they reach 180 Accuracy.

They have no problems with the CB resisting there Poisons + other stuff.

You can see how Accuracy can be such a critical factor to have on your side!

It could be different between the extra damage for your team vs. no damage at all due to resistance!

In addition, we have come up with a base line Accuracy amount for Arena!

All hero’s start off with a Base Amount of Resistance which = 30.

A player with Resistance maxed out in Great Hall will gain + 80 Resistance!

We have total of 30 + 80 = 110 Resistance.

We factored in an extra 30% due to bad rolls (Players Roll Resistance on gears due to bad luck).

This brings us to a total Resistance amount of 110 + 30 = 140%.

Worst Case Scenario, We believe you could expect Arena players in top tier to have 140% Resistance.

This means your opponent might have same Resistance as the Brutal Mode Clan Boss.

We recommend having 150 Accuracy to ensure Debuff success in Arena!

We calculated the above amount would require 3 things (Accuracy Banner + Accuracy Masteries + 2 set Accuracy Gear or Accuracy Substats)

I believe that is what was needed in order to reach the 150 amount.

ONCE, YOU SEE THE POWER OF ACCURACY, YOU MOVE TO STEP 3!

STEP 3 - Affinity’s Match ups vs. Debuff’s

Affinities play a Role in whether or not a Debuff can be placed!

This is separate in relations to everything we have talked about so far!

So let me take it from the top and show you why this matters!

Let’s say you have a hero with 100% Chance.

Let’s say you have a hero with 200% Accuracy.

You would assume a hero with the above attributes would land his Debuffs vs. everyone he fights with Resistance below 190%.

This is actually not true!

The hero can only land a Debuff if the Hit falls under 3 categories: Crit Hit, Strong Hit, or Normal Hit.

If the Hit falls under the last category (Weak Hit), you will not do a Debuff.

This is were Hero Affinities play a role.

The Heroes are like Rock, Paper, & Scissors!

Magic (Blue) counters Spirit (Green) counters Force (Red) counters Magic (Blue)

Void (Purple) is universal Neutral

If you go into an Arena fight, you can see an arrow above the opponent hero’s.

Green Arrows - Affinities Advantage

Yellow Arrows - Neutral

Red Arrows - Affinities Disadvantage 

Example:

Let’s say your hero is Kael (Magic Hero)

Let’s say your opponent has Templar (Green Hero) = You have Affinities Advantage = Green Arrow

Let’s say your opponent has Rival Kael (Magic Hero) & ColdHeart (Void Hero) = You are Neutral = Yellow Arrow

Let’s say your opponent has Bad-El-Kazar (Force Hero) = Affinities Disadvantage = Red Arrow

Heroes with a Red Arrow are dangerous!

You want to avoid targeting them with your Debuffer!

Weak hits can be done to hero’s which you have a weakness too.

You want to avoid them at all cost!

Your chance can be 100% + you could have 200 Accuracy + your opponent could have 0 Resistance!

It will not matter!

Affinity Disadvantage + Weak Hit = The Dead of your Debuffs!

KEY THING TO REMEMBER RED ARROW MEANS DEBUFF DANGER!

Run away! Debuff another day!

NOW YOU CAN HARNESS THE POWER OF ACCURACY!

*SINISTER LAUGH* MWWWAHAHAHAHAHA 
Feb 14, 2020, 22:5002/14/20
09/09/17
Having 4 pieces of the Accuracy set helped put a debuff on Level 7 Spirit Boss. I used the Bloodbraid champion and this was Spirit vs Spirit.
Feb 19, 2020, 15:3902/19/20
05/13/19

1 Thing I want to draw attention to is the statement I made previously.

Keep in mind, The post I made previously on this thread was from June!

The game has evolved a lot from June.

The highest arena tier in June was Gold 4.

The ACC amount I gave of only needing 150 ACC for Top Arena only applies to that time frame.

I didn't have a problem putting Debuffs on people with 150 ACC at that time.

The game has introduced a new Platinum Arena Tier.

The ACC amounts is no longer 150 for top tier.

Several players have came forth saying they have over 400+ ACC on there heroes for Platinum Tier.

So it seems like the new top end ACC amount is 400+

Aug 15, 2020, 07:1508/15/20
06/07/20
who knows how much accuracy i need to place a debuff for fire knight lv 13?
Aug 19, 2020, 20:1608/19/20
05/13/19

yoakekaede2005 said:

who knows how much accuracy i need to place a debuff for fire knight lv 13?

What ever the level of the Dungeon is -----> Multiply by 10 = ACC amount

Thus, Fire Knight level 13 -----> I would try to get 130 ACC

Jan 12, 2021, 12:5501/12/21
12/24/19

how to complete 38 missions?