All Categories

Farming for 5-stars and beyond

Search
Apr 8, 2019, 19:2804/08/19
04/08/19

So many people are out there with 5*s and 6*s and they talk about how to do things with those characters. I'm wanting to know how do you get started? What's the best way to get your 4*s to 5*s the fastest? I have been farming my uncommons to 3* and then farming those to 4* and doing my best not to use ANY rares (though I think I've used 4 in total now). While this very well may be the fastest way to do it, I don't know what is the best hero and location to do this at.

My best hero is probably Galek. I have him Ascended 4* with his skills at levels 3, 5, and 1 in that order. I have 2 attack and 4 lifesteal artifacts all leveled pretty well. I also have a 4* Executioner that is levels alright but not quite skilled as much. However, I feel like because of the nerf to his cooldowns he is not the best farmer anymore. I can farm Stage 10-2 with just Galek and 3 level 1s with about 60-80% win rate (it comes down to whether or not I kill the stunning mob in round 3 or not after 2 turns. Most the time I do kill him.

Anyway, my true question is what's the best method, how did you do it? Any information is helpful.

There is a ton of information out there about how to do things once your team is stacked, but no one is willing to tell us new people to the game how to get there without spending a ton of money. I've spent probably $20-30 on the game already enough to get me a comfortable start and I'm enjoying the game, but I'm just wondering if there is something I could be doing better.
Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 9, 2019, 15:5004/09/19
02/15/19

Hello, doing what your doing is the way to go. Farm the highest level you can with one good unit and 3 food units. The one unit will be doing all the heavy lifting. My only advise is try to farm stage 6 in whatever level you can manage because it gives the higher amount of XP. farm stage 3 and sell the shield if you need silver. Shields sell for a bit more than the rest of the artifacts.

There is a good guide on Reddit. says if your farming teams for food its better to farm Hard mode level 11 stage 1 through 6 or level 12 stages 1 through 6. basically you get more xp for the energy consumed. You use 6 energy per level on hard vs 8 energy per level on brutal. It works out that you gain more XP on hard. This isn't true for silver though, if you need XP and silver together farm brutal.

You can do 4 runs of hard using 24 energy vs 3 runs of brutal using 24 energy is what it came down to.
Apr 12, 2019, 19:4304/12/19
03/29/19

Hi KN1GHTMARE,

Thanks for the advice very useful. 
Apr 15, 2019, 15:3704/15/19
02/22/17
This probably goes without saying but save your xp boosts when you have a lot of time to grind hard to get the most of out your energy spent. Aways try to do the daily and weekly quests as well.
Apr 16, 2019, 14:1404/16/19
04/08/19
Yeah I do all the daily and weekly quests I didn't the first few days. I'm currently farming for heroes needed for the current fusion. I do find your information very helpful Kn1ghtmare so I appreciate that. I'm happy to know it truly is just 1 hero farming with the uncommon champs. My executioner is now 5* fully ascended with all but one or two skill upgrades (both in the primary attack) so he has his skill cooldowns maxed and if I auto he does pretty well most places if I manual I can just use his def/counter attack at beginning of each stage and regular attack his way through until I get close to a cool down of the def/counter abil again. He can take pretty much anything on his own. Which is great. My Galek I've 5* and now he is able to farm things pretty well. I'm currently farming brutal chap 4 stage 6 for xp and another spirit host (don't want to use mine for fusion). I have a Hope (Epic) she is AMAZING I love her. so I'm xping her and galek until they're level 50 then I'll put exe back in but it's going somewhat well now. I'm getting 6k XP (double xp buff) per completion so that's great. Thanks for your help and input everyone! :) For anyone wondering what I asked. Get Executioner, farm Chap 11 for more of him, level him up. he sucks until about 4* level 40 and he's unstoppable at 5*. I was using him 5* level 1 to farm.
Apr 24, 2019, 05:5804/24/19
Apr 24, 2019, 06:30(edited)
01/17/19

Curlycross said:

Yeah I do all the daily and weekly quests I didn't the first few days. I'm currently farming for heroes needed for the current fusion. I do find your information very helpful Kn1ghtmare so I appreciate that. I'm happy to know it truly is just 1 hero farming with the uncommon champs. My executioner is now 5* fully ascended with all but one or two skill upgrades (both in the primary attack) so he has his skill cooldowns maxed and if I auto he does pretty well most places if I manual I can just use his def/counter attack at beginning of each stage and regular attack his way through until I get close to a cool down of the def/counter abil again. He can take pretty much anything on his own. Which is great. My Galek I've 5* and now he is able to farm things pretty well. I'm currently farming brutal chap 4 stage 6 for xp and another spirit host (don't want to use mine for fusion). I have a Hope (Epic) she is AMAZING I love her. so I'm xping her and galek until they're level 50 then I'll put exe back in but it's going somewhat well now. I'm getting 6k XP (double xp buff) per completion so that's great. Thanks for your help and input everyone! :) For anyone wondering what I asked. Get Executioner, farm Chap 11 for more of him, level him up. he sucks until about 4* level 40 and he's unstoppable at 5*. I was using him 5* level 1 to farm.

Hi.

Last chapter at level 6 in brutal mode with boots xp will give you 8800 per champ, if using 4 champs.  I find it most cost-efficient to level up rares to 4* and 5*. And use commons and uncommons for 2* and 3*. You get a fair few while grinding.  Not to mention, that is it worth saving energy and xp boost for the levelling-up event, so you can get some additional bonuses. 

I've not been using Executioner, as I was able to get Relickeeper (epic from the fusion) early on in the game. At 6* he has no problems farming 12.6 stage on brutal. And I find him rather useful in most dungeons and arena battles against blue teams. He is a really good champ that will help you to progress in this game. 

---

Update: See the link.

https://plarium.com/forum/en/raid-shadow-legends/674_game-discussion/126955_campaign-farming-calculator/

Apr 24, 2019, 14:2604/24/19
04/08/19
I have gotten RK and 5*d him, I am now farming with him and 3 uncommons as I level up but I'm just in hard 8 - 3. He clears it pretty easily. I have his crit % at 97% I think and his crit damage is what I need to work on. He is very good, yes! I haven't started using my rares to ascend things. I just didn't know which to keep and which to get rid of, you know?
May 4, 2019, 22:2505/04/19

HELLO all I am wondering how much exp ur supposed to get farming last chapter in hard mode..Currently  ALL lvls 2 to 6 give my 3 food the same exp at 5900 with exp boost .Is this a bug??

Jul 3, 2019, 15:3407/03/19
06/26/19

Kn1ghtmare said:

Is there a reason for stage 6? Are 7-12 to hard to farm solo?

Hello, doing what your doing is the way to go. Farm the highest level you can with one good unit and 3 food units. The one unit will be doing all the heavy lifting. My only advise is try to farm stage 6 in whatever level you can manage because it gives the higher amount of XP. farm stage 3 and sell the shield if you need silver. Shields sell for a bit more than the rest of the artifacts.

There is a good guide on Reddit. says if your farming teams for food its better to farm Hard mode level 11 stage 1 through 6 or level 12 stages 1 through 6. basically you get more xp for the energy consumed. You use 6 energy per level on hard vs 8 energy per level on brutal. It works out that you gain more XP on hard. This isn't true for silver though, if you need XP and silver together farm brutal.

You can do 4 runs of hard using 24 energy vs 3 runs of brutal using 24 energy is what it came down to.

Jul 21, 2019, 06:3207/21/19
06/22/19
Stage 6 is just part of the lv.Example.12-6 brutal.gope this helps
Jul 30, 2019, 18:3007/30/19
06/08/19
Kn1ghtmare said:

Do you have a link to said guide?
Apr 20, 2020, 15:0804/20/20
12/07/19

Guys anyone come across a problem where by the same stage starts producing half the XP points? 

I've been farming on Brutal mode in Palace of Aravia level 6 - and my points per champion have reduced from 7200 to 3600 - 2nd day in running after a few hours of 7200.

Apr 20, 2020, 21:3804/20/20
Apr 20, 2020, 21:38(edited)
03/03/20

Hash said:

Guys anyone come across a problem where by the same stage starts producing half the XP points? 

I've been farming on Brutal mode in Palace of Aravia level 6 - and my points per champion have reduced from 7200 to 3600 - 2nd day in running after a few hours of 7200.

Your XP boost probably expired
Apr 21, 2020, 08:1604/21/20
04/08/20
Also a heads up, if you run just one food champion you’ll get double the xp that you would running 3. 
May 7, 2020, 22:4905/07/20
May 7, 2020, 22:51(edited)
05/07/20

noahnwjn said:

Also a heads up, if you run just one food champion you’ll get double the xp that you would running 3. 

EXP is divided among all champs so with 1x Farmer and 3x food, %25 is wasted on Farmer

with 1x Farmer and 1x Food the food gets %50 but the other %50 is wasted on Farmer. I don't recommend this.