Food for thought

6 Replies
User
24 March, 2019, 2:18 PM UTC

I am very new to the game so forgive my misconceptions.

I am a hoarder in most games and a completionist to a certain point. So the concept of using other Characters as 'Food" is going to take a lot of getting used to. But more importantly i having trouble knowing which ones I should use as Food and which I should be leveling up.

For instance ranking up my starting Champion is going to to take 3 Three stars. should i rank up some 2 stars to three to then sacrifice them to up my main or is that just a waste of resources? Or should I just be using other level 3's that I already have, if so which ones?

Also leveling up a common champion to sacrifice helps in leveling up. but does it matter when i need to rank up. Is a level 1 three star just as valuable as a level 30 three star?

hell,  if there is a guide that someone can point me to that will help my process as i come to grips with losing all my new shiny champions to the sacrificing altar this game calls a Tavern. 
UTC +7:00
User
25 March, 2019, 11:21 AM UTC

Hi!

I'm using 2 star characters for rank up better ones. What I do is level them up to 10-14lvl by sacrificing 1 star characters and then to 20 lvl by farming campaigns, then I sacrifice other 2 star chars (not leveled up) to rank this one to 3 star (the whole process 3 times to rank up 1 rare hero). If I want to increase rank of 4 start hero I do the same thing but ofc a lot more.

I hope that helps :)

UTC +1:00
User
30 March, 2019, 11:16 PM UTC

Oberon said:

I am very new to the game so forgive my misconceptions.

I am a hoarder in most games and a completionist to a certain point. So the concept of using other Characters as 'Food" is going to take a lot of getting used to. But more importantly i having trouble knowing which ones I should use as Food and which I should be leveling up.

For instance ranking up my starting Champion is going to to take 3 Three stars. should i rank up some 2 stars to three to then sacrifice them to up my main or is that just a waste of resources? Or should I just be using other level 3's that I already have, if so which ones?

Also leveling up a common champion to sacrifice helps in leveling up. but does it matter when i need to rank up. Is a level 1 three star just as valuable as a level 30 three star?

hell,  if there is a guide that someone can point me to that will help my process as i come to grips with losing all my new shiny champions to the sacrificing altar this game calls a Tavern. 
I levelup 2 * champ using 1* to lv 24 or less then put then into the pit, a piece of advice is upgrade your pit soon as you can and gem mine it helps a lot in the early game and after you chose your main champs sacrifice the same champ into your main to lv his skills. One thing in this process it is boring becouse i levelup a 2* champs to 4*. sorry for my bad inglish.

UTC +4:00
User
31 March, 2019, 5:29 PM UTC

Hello, I'm also new to the game, but I play other similar games so I'm familiar with this mechanic. Maybe I can help you :

• Common monsters are designed to be very bad, unusable anywhere. They're meant to be sacrificed for Xp.

• Uncommon monsters are also very bad because of very low stats. For one to be viable midgame/lategame his efficiency has to be not stat dependent. Most of them don't fill this requirement. And anyway if you feed one you should keep, you can have another one very easily as they're very common. (so don't hesitate to feed them)  You're supposed to take your best champion, able to solo Campaign and your uncommon to level em up to lvl 20. Then rank em up with  other uncommons to obtain 3stars. Then use those 3stars uncommon to rank up your rares to 4stars.

• I would recommend not to feed any rare. Except maybe the duplicates of the champions you don't plan to play (or those which are already fully skilled-up). You can use those to rank others up to 4stars. 

You can also continue to level up the 3star uncommons and transform them into 4stars to rank up your lvl 40 4stars.

Etcaetera ad vitam… until your entire box is lvl 60.  

UTC -1:00
User
10 May, 2019, 11:56 PM UTC

Common (Grey) and Uncommon (Green) are not very good.  Use them as food.

You will get a lot of them.

Right out of the gate a few Greens will be useful, but you should get a team of Rare (Blue) Champs pretty quickly.

Rare and up are the ones to hoard.  Occasionally sacrificing duplicates for melds or to upgrade skills.
Grey and Green are food.

UTC +5:00
User
9 October, 2019, 3:20 PM UTC

Been looking for this info. Thanks a lot guys. 

What about XP brews? What to use them on?
UTC +1:00
12 October, 2019, 1:13 AM UTC

Hey Hey

Personally, I mainly only use common or uncommon champs to rank up my champs, (1 and 2-star champs).

Regarding the brews, I would suggest saving those to be used during events, but overall they can be useful to speed up the rank process, e.g 5 same element brews is an instant 3-star fodder from a 2 star uncommon.

Have fun
UTC +0:00
6855433 users registered; 120465 topics; 468554 posts; our newest member:Unknown_Ranger