All Categories

List: Buffs and Debuffs

List: Buffs and Debuffs

Search
Comments
Jul 19, 2019, 13:1907/19/19
05/17/19

Hello!

It was intended, that the Stalwar set protects the wearer from 30% damage taken from enemy AoE attacks, so no matter what the damage from AoE attack will be, the Stalwart set will reduce exactly 30% of it. And Defense set gives the wearer 15% additional defense (but that 15 % from the basic Champion's defense stats), so basically you won't know how much damage exactly it will reduce.

Elviraz said:

Valkyrie said:

Hello!

The Stalwart set protects the wearer from 30% damage taken from enemy AoE attacks.

Mithrow said:

Stalwart set:

Can anyone tell me if I have one champ wearing stalwart set that applies ally protect on all his mates, will he also receive 30% less damage from the AoE damage he is taking instead of the other dudes through the buff?

Thanks!

Can you please explain it why Starwart only reduces 30% damage from AoE attack ? with Defense sets we got Def +30%. The effect for defense sets is applied to all type attack while Stalwart only for AoE attack. I can't see where Stalwart can be more useful than Defense sets. 

Jul 19, 2019, 16:0307/19/19
05/13/19
Valkyrie said:

Hello!

It was intended, that the Stalwar set protects the wearer from 30% damage taken from enemy AoE attacks, so no matter what the damage from AoE attack will be, the Stalwart set will reduce exactly 30% of it. And Defense set gives the wearer 15% additional defense (but that 15 % from the basic Champion's defense stats), so basically you won't know how much damage exactly it will reduce.

Elviraz said:

Valkyrie said:

Hello!

The Stalwart set protects the wearer from 30% damage taken from enemy AoE attacks.

Mithrow said:

Stalwart set:

Can anyone tell me if I have one champ wearing stalwart set that applies ally protect on all his mates, will he also receive 30% less damage from the AoE damage he is taking instead of the other dudes through the buff?

Thanks!

Can you please explain it why Starwart only reduces 30% damage from AoE attack ? with Defense sets we got Def +30%. The effect for defense sets is applied to all type attack while Stalwart only for AoE attack. I can't see where Stalwart can be more useful than Defense sets. 

I think the point of Mithrow's original question is this: You have a champion that casts ally protection on his team. The enemy hits your team with an aoe. Ally protection dictates that half (or quarter) of the damage transfers to the champ who casts ally protection. However, if the champion who cast ally protection has a stalwart set, would he take the full 50% of the damage? Or, since the original attack was an aoe, would the 50% damage that is transferred from the other champs be reduced by 30%? It is a valid question that I don't know the answer to but would be a good use of the stalwart set if the damage reduction applies to damage transferred to the champ who casts ally protection. To take this a little bit further, what exactly constitutes an aoe? Obviously an attack that hits all enemies is an aoe, but what about those skills that attack 4 targets at random? Is that considered 4 separate attacks? Or is categorized as an aoe? From a logical standpoint, I feel like anything that has the potential to hit more than one target should be considered an aoe, but I have a feeling that the game does not treat it this way.
Jul 20, 2019, 00:1807/20/19
03/16/19

Valkyrie said:

Hello!

Elviraz said:

Valkyrie said:

Hello!

Mithrow said:

Stalwart set:

Thanks!

With defense +30% theoretically the damage received also -30%. And this was applied to all type attack. I still can't see on what situation and condition where Stalwart can be more useful than defense sets. Because the advantage from Stalwart is conditional i think the effect should be higher than defense sets, probably around 45%. This way the sets will become more balanced.      

Jul 21, 2019, 12:4007/21/19
Jul 21, 2019, 12:40(edited)
05/23/19
So, if you have a block debuff up does that not stop buff steal/remove?
Jul 21, 2019, 12:4507/21/19
05/23/19
Elviraz said:

Valkyrie said:

Hello!

Elviraz said:

Valkyrie said:

Hello!

Mithrow said:

Stalwart set:

Thanks!

With defense +30% theoretically the damage received also -30%. And this was applied to all type attack. I still can't see on what situation and condition where Stalwart can be more useful than defense sets. Because the advantage from Stalwart is conditional i think the effect should be higher than defense sets, probably around 45%. This way the sets will become more balanced.      

As you put more defense on your champ the less effective the new defence is. There is a point where investing in defence no longer gives enough benefit and investing in other things is more beneficial. Look up the raid stats video on YouTube. They explain it better.
Jul 21, 2019, 14:4207/21/19
05/13/19
junk said:

Elviraz said:

Valkyrie said:

Hello!

Elviraz said:

Valkyrie said:

Hello!

Mithrow said:

Stalwart set:

Thanks!

As you put more defense on your champ the less effective the new defence is. There is a point where investing in defence no longer gives enough benefit and investing in other things is more beneficial. Look up the raid stats video on YouTube. They explain it better.
That's not 100% accurate. Champs who base their damage off of defense (i.e Jizoh) continue to benefit from defense no matter how much to load them up with. From what I've read, it sounds like 5k defense equates to roughly a 90% damage reduction. Pretty damn significant if you ask me.
Jul 21, 2019, 14:4507/21/19
03/16/19

junk said:

Elviraz said:

Valkyrie said:

Hello!

Elviraz said:

Valkyrie said:

Hello!

Mithrow said:

Stalwart set:

Thanks!

On arena if my champion has low defense sometimes they even can't survived in 1 round. On others hand if my champion has higher defense they can survived much longer. I clearly can see there are a big differences from defense status. Okay, let's say the damage reduction effect is not flat but it is not weak just likes on the video. 

Jul 21, 2019, 16:5807/21/19
03/16/19

DaMoose is loose said:

junk said:

Elviraz said:

Valkyrie said:

Hello!

Elviraz said:

Valkyrie said:

Hello!

Mithrow said:

Stalwart set:

Thanks!

That's not 100% accurate. Champs who base their damage off of defense (i.e Jizoh) continue to benefit from defense no matter how much to load them up with. From what I've read, it sounds like 5k defense equates to roughly a 90% damage reduction. Pretty damn significant if you ask me.

You're correct. Focus all defense as primary status and Jizoh can stand very long. I got some experienced fight against lv 60 full ascension Jizoh in the arena. The defense is ridiculously high. He keep cast shield and healing. 

Not only that. I'm also noticed the differences when fight Clan Boss. A champion with lower defense will received much higher damage and die faster. So it was not true if defense status is useless. I think the tutorial video is hyperbolic. 
Jul 26, 2019, 13:0307/26/19
04/06/19

Thanks,

So say skullcrusher just applied ally protect on another dude, then opposit player does an AoE that in normal circumstances would deal say 12k damage to each player, skull crusher takes 50% of the other dude's damage, so 6k, will the stalwart set reduce that 6k to 4k? Thaaannks
Jul 27, 2019, 15:5107/27/19
07/23/19

junk said:

So, if you have a block debuff up does that not stop buff steal/remove?

No block debuff doesn't prevent champions from removing your buffs.

Also "Block Buffs" can still be cleansed as well, through the likes of Bad-El-Kazar.
Jul 30, 2019, 19:2107/30/19
07/13/19

Marius said:

[Weaken]. Increases damage received by the Target Champion by 15/25%.

does that mean that the target takes more dmg ? why is this different than deff decrease ?
Jul 30, 2019, 19:2607/30/19
07/13/19
junk said:

Elviraz said:

Valkyrie said:

Hello!

Elviraz said:

Valkyrie said:

Hello!

Mithrow said:

Stalwart set:

Thanks!

that is untrue ,the game states that the effects of their sets work addtively so u will never run into diminishing
Jul 30, 2019, 21:2707/30/19
05/13/19

AreYance said:

junk said:

Elviraz said:

Valkyrie said:

Hello!

Elviraz said:

Valkyrie said:

Hello!

Mithrow said:

Stalwart set:

Thanks!

that is untrue ,the game states that the effects of their sets work addtively so u will never run into diminishing

Seeing as people seem to be having trouble understanding this, I will try to explain. Yes, defense stats are additive, however damage reduction is not linear. Increasing defense from 0 to 1,000 reduces damage by roughly 65% (https://www.reddit.com/r/RaidShadowLegends/comments/axrjsk/game_mechanics_summary_gearing_calculator/), quite a bit, while increasing defense from 4,000 (about 86% reduction) to 5,000 (about 90% reduction) reduces damage by about 4%. On the surface, you might think that a 4% damage reduction is not worth it, but I disagree. Here's why:

Assume base damage is 10,000. 

In this first case, with 0 defense, you would take the full 10,000, increasing defense to 1,000, you will take about 3,500. An effective damage reduction of 65%.

In the second case, at 4,000 defense you will only be taking 1,400 of the 10,000 and increasing def to 5,000 you're down to just 1,000. Now the actual damage reduction from the base damage of 10,000 is only 4% between 4,000 and 5,000, however the EFFECTIVE damage reduction between 4,000 and 5,000 is 28.6% .((1,400-1,000)/1,400) = 0.286

Yes this is still a smaller number than the 65% damage reduction from the first case, but that's still a big difference and you also have to take healing into account. A champ with 1k def will get one-shot all of the time but a champ with 5k def never gets one-shot (unless you're up against a champ that can ignore defense). You slap a lifesteal set on a defense champ with 5k defense and they become extremely hard to take down, add in a good healer and people will start avoiding you in arena. And yes, lifesteal with 5k def is certainly possible. 

I like using Jizoh as an example because everyone has access to him pretty early on. My Jizoh currently has roughly 5.1k defense, just over 30k HP, and a lifesteal set (it is definitely possible to get his defense over 6k if you drop lifesteal and have the right secondary stats). The other important thing about Jizoh is that he has a continuous heal (15% for 2 turns) self buff and a shield/counterattack buff and for him, defense is the stat used to calculate the damage he does to other champs. Using him in this equation, over the course of 5 rounds, he would be taking roughly 5,000 damage while in the same 5 rounds healing for 4,500 just from his continuous heal buff. Add in his lifesteal and his HP never drops. Even at 5-star level he could solo stage 15 force and arcane keep bosses and stage 14 minotaur (just the boss mind you, the mobs would take him apart because 5 on 1 is just too much to overcome). The reinbeast build is similar to this except you give him counterattack instead of lifesteal so he can stack heals on himself. Pro-tip, one-on-one and given enough time, an equally levelled and geared Jizoh will beat Reinbeast every time.

Obviously with an attack champ this is not nearly as effective and I agree that there is a point where you hit diminishing returns because at the end of the day you still need to kill your opponent. However, if you have a champ that uses defense as it's damage dealing stat, you will NEVER hit that point. Ever. Sure there may be better options than increasing defense (like using lifesteal instead of more defense sets), but you can say that about all stats. Who cares if you have 100% crit rate, 200% crit damage and tons of attack if you don't have speed to go with it and get one-shot the first round? You can have a team with all the speed in the world but if you don't have the damage to back it up you're useless. You have amazing buffs? Great! But if you don't have resistance you will succumb to a buff steal champ. Every champ has a weakness.

Anyways hope this helps some of you out there, happy grinding.

Jul 31, 2019, 15:3707/31/19
07/23/19

AreYance said:

Marius said:

[Weaken]. Increases damage received by the Target Champion by 15/25%.

does that mean that the target takes more dmg ? why is this different than deff decrease ?

Decrease defense just reduces the defense the target has, weaken on the other hand flat out increases your damage dealt to the target. 

It's pretty much has the same effect, but it stacks together with each other. 

If I had to guess, its just a way of further increasing damage done, without having to make Decrease DEF stackable.
Aug 18, 2019, 20:2808/18/19
08/04/19
Is there anti anti toxin skill?
Aug 19, 2019, 08:5708/19/19
Aug 19, 2019, 08:57(edited)
02/22/19
charliejfowler said:

remove debuffs?
Aug 19, 2019, 09:1708/19/19
03/04/19

charliejfowler said:

You can block the block buff debuff and remove the block debuff buff.

I'm sure the answer to your question is in there somewhere.
Aug 19, 2019, 18:0608/19/19
06/22/19
Yes provoke says when applied to champion. So it doesn’t work on others like cb, dungeons and campaigns?
Aug 21, 2019, 21:2608/21/19
05/13/19
Soulstyme said:

Yes provoke says when applied to champion. So it doesn’t work on others like cb, dungeons and campaigns?
Bosses are immune to provoke, I'm pretty sure it affects everything else. At least I can't think of an example other than bosses off the top of my head.
Aug 23, 2019, 02:5808/23/19
07/23/19

Soulstyme said:

Hello! Provoke works on everything that is not bosses, the best use for it is mostly Arenha though or to stop a Champion to cast everything, that

is not his A1.