Basic Guide: Arena

14 Replies
Community Manager
24 October, 2018, 9:24 AM UTC

Basics

The Arena unlocks at Level 11.

The Arena is where you test your Champions against players from around the world in PvP (Player-versus-Player) battles.

Why fight in the Arena?

• Winning Medals in the Arena lets you upgrade your Great Hall and unlock global stat bonuses for your Champions.
  • Placing in the Arena Tiers gives huge weekly rewards, as well as further global stat bonuses for your Champions.
  • Bragging rights: See where you stand against players around the world.

Arena battles fall into two categories:

Arena Defense

Before you start battling in the Arena, you need to set your Arena Defense. 

The team you set for your Arena Defense will fight on your behalf when other players attack you.

Champions in Arena Defenses will be AI-controlled, and will fight without any player input or control.

Arena Offense

This is where you select teams of Champions to attack other players’ Arena Defenses.

You will be in full control of your Offense team, but the Champions in your opponents’ Arena Defenses will be AI-controlled.

Tokens

Each Arena Offense battle costs Tokens.

Tokens generate automatically at a rate of 1 per hour. The maximum number of Arena Tokens a player can hold at any given time is 10. 

To maximize Token efficiency, try to use your Arena Tokens as and when they become available. The more battles you can do in a day, the easier it will be to climb the Rankings, reach higher Tiers, and win better rewards.

Once used to initiate a battle, Tokens will not be refunded.

Battles

Setting a Defense 

Before a player can fight in the Arena, they must set their Arena Defense in the Defense tab.

Arena Defenses can consist of up to 4 Champions.

Champions set in Arena Defenses cannot be placed in the Sparring Pit, or sacrificed at the Tavern.

Attacking Other Players

Once an Arena Defense has been set, players are ready to enter the Battle tab.

The Battle tab contains a list of opponents that the player can attack.

Before attacking, players can see their opponent’s current Arena Defense and Rank.

If a player does not want to attack an opponent from the list, they can either:

• Refresh the list for 5 Gems
  • Wait 15 minutes and refresh the list for free

Medals

Every Arena Victory will reward the player with Medals. Medals are used to upgrade the Great Hall in your Bastion to unlock global bonuses for your Champions. 
Each Tier in the Arena gives different types of Medals as rewards: 

• Bronze Tier: Bronze Medals 
  • Silver Tier: Silver Medals 
  • Gold & Platinum Tiers: Gold Medals 

Arena Points

Arena Points determine a player’s Arena Ranking and Tier

Arena Points are on the line in every Arena battle - both Offense and Defense. Arena Points will be gained or lost depending on whether a player wins or loses a battle. 

Tiers

Arena Tiers represent a player’s performance in the Arena, and help match them against players of a similar skill level for Arena battles.

A player’s current Tier and Rank is determined by the number of Arena Points they have.

In ascending order, the Arena Tiers are:

• Unranked
  • Bronze (I, II, III, IV)
  • Silver (I, II, III, IV)
  • Gold (I, II, III, IV)
  • Platinum (I, II, III, IV)

Gaining or losing Arena Points can result in either promotion or demotion to an adjacent Tier.

For example: A player gaining sufficient Arena Points in Bronze IV will be promoted to Silver I. However, if that same player loses enough Arena Points in Bronze IV, they will be demoted to Bronze III

Players will become Unranked if they do not participate in any Arena Offense battles for a 30-day period, and will start from Bronze I when they enter the Arena again.

Tier Bonuses

Each Arena Tier provides global Stat bonuses to every Champion in a player’s collection. 

Tier Bonuses can affect the following stats: 

• HP 
  • ATK 
  • DEF 

Arena Rewards 

Each player’s Arena Rank and Tier is live and updated after every battle, but Rewards for Arena Tiers are only given out at the end of each Ranking Period. Each Arena’s Ranking Period ends every Sunday at 23:59 UTC.  

At this point, each player’s current position is locked and their Reward is determined. Rewards depend on a player’s Tier at the end of the Ranking Period, and will be sent to each player’s Inbox automatically.

Note: If a player participates in fewer than 20 Arena Offense Battles over a Ranking Period, they will be demoted (e.g. a player in Silver III would be demoted to Silver II) when the Ranking Period ends. This demotion occurs after Rewards have been distributed. 

Arena Chests

Arena Chests contain a variety of possible rewards. These rewards are randomized and include: Gems, XP Brews, Shards, Divine Artifact Sets. 

There are currently 4 Artifact Sets obtainable in the Arena Chests:

• Divine Offense. 2 Set: Self Shield 15% of the Max HP for 3 turns. ATK +15%  

• Divine Critical Rate. 2 Set: Self Shield 15% of the Max HP for 3 turns. C.RATE +12% 

• Divine Life. 2 Set: Self Shield 15% of the Max HP for 3 turns. HP +15%  

• Divine Speed. 2 Set: Self Shield 15% of the Max HP for 3 turns. SPD +12% 

Battle Log

The Battle Log tab allows players to review their Arena battle history over the course of the past 24 hours, both in Offense and Defense.

This helps players track their most successful Arena Defense teams and review the teams they have the most trouble attacking in Arena Offense.

UTC +2:00
User
24 October, 2018, 12:43 PM UTC
Many thanks!
UTC +3:00
User
4 April, 2019, 2:02 PM UTC
i stop fighting in arena. system is messed up. i get only very high power teams (50-100% higher power) so...
UTC +0:00
User
15 May, 2019, 11:04 PM UTC
It doesn’t happen too often, it’s random just like everything else. Sometimes you’ll get ones you can easily beat them all. What rank are/were you? Remember masters have failed more times then the amateur has even attempted. Wise men learn from mistakes made and battles lost.
UTC +6:00
User
15 May, 2019, 11:06 PM UTC
Question: when looking at an opponent’s champions are their stats full stats with armor or just their base stats? 
UTC +6:00
Community Manager
22 May, 2019, 10:29 AM UTC

Hey!

Tapping on your opponent's Champion on the Arena Team Selection screen brings up that Champion's page in the Index. So, it's Base Stats.

jlab said:

Question: when looking at an opponent’s champions are their stats full stats with armor or just their base stats? 

User
2 June, 2019, 1:07 PM UTC

Hello All,

What are the stats under each champion's picture at the end of an arena battle? (The red, blue and green numbers)

Thank you
UTC +5:00
User
12 June, 2019, 12:32 AM UTC
Is it normal that I get demoted after each ranking period even if I did more than 20 attacks? 
UTC +4:00
User
13 June, 2019, 6:22 AM UTC
Phim said:

Is it normal that I get demoted after each ranking period even if I did more than 20 attacks? 
At the end of a ranking period, your score gets set to the bottom of the current rank you are in. This means that if you are attacked after the ranking period resets, and you lose that defense, you can get pushed down to the next rank down right after the ranking period resets. It sounds like that might be what is happening in your case. I hope this answers your question!
User
26 June, 2019, 3:23 AM UTC
I see. That makes sense. Thank you for the explanation!
User
26 June, 2019, 12:35 PM UTC

My question is why my score goes down quite a bit when I am not even playing.  Today, I was finally able to squeak up past 1000 for the first time.  And then I took a break for dinner and some chill time.... When I logged back on, my score had dropped to below 950.  That takes a lot of the fun out of it when there are not that many teams that I can even go up against with my highest player being only at 30.

Any ideas?

Thanks
UTC +7:00
Community Manager
26 June, 2019, 2:38 PM UTC

Hi, Shawn and welcome to the Forum!

The reason is your Defense team is losing when other players attack you.

Every time someone who attacks you wins a battle, you lose arena points. So even if you're offline, you can lose points due to not strong enough Defense team and losing Arena Points can result in demotion to an adjacent Tier. 

Shawn said:

My question is why my score goes down quite a bit when I am not even playing.  Today, I was finally able to squeak up past 1000 for the first time.  And then I took a break for dinner and some chill time.... When I logged back on, my score had dropped to below 950.  That takes a lot of the fun out of it when there are not that many teams that I can even go up against with my highest player being only at 30.

Any ideas?

Thanks

User
30 June, 2019, 10:04 AM UTC

arena togliere i campioni come si fa ?

grazie.

UTC +0:00
User
28 July, 2019, 6:20 AM UTC
Hi. On the result tab of each battle, there are 3 statistics (?) under each hero, red atak, blue defense, and green +. What is the meaning of these values ?
UTC +1:00
User
30 July, 2019, 1:02 PM UTC

Katsumoto said:

Hi. On the result tab of each battle, there are 3 statistics (?) under each hero, red atak, blue defense, and green +. What is the meaning of these values ?

Hello, I hope this answers your question!

Red = the amount of damage that the Champion has done

Blue = the amount of damage that the Champion has taken

Green = the amount of healing that the Champion has done
6855407 users registered; 120454 topics; 468542 posts; our newest member:Unknown_Ranger