Basic Guide: The Tavern (Archive)

Search
MariusAdmin
Jun 25, 2018, 14:0406/25/18
09/04/17

Basic Guide: The Tavern (Archive)

Basics

The Tavern unlocks at Level 8.

Aside from battling, the Tavern is the easiest way to give your Champions XP and level them up. 

At the Tavern you can: 

• Level up your Champions
  • Upgrade their Rank
  • Upgrade their Skills
  • Ascend them

Levelling Up

Players can level up their Champions in the Upgrade Level tab. This is the fastest way to give a Champion XP and level them up. 

Levelling up Champions greatly increases their Base Stats, making them harder to kill, and better at killing. 

There are two main ways to do this: 

• Sacrificing other Champions to give the target Champion XP.

• Giving the Champion XP Brews.

Upgrading Rank

You can upgrade a Champion’s Rank in the Upgrade Rank tab.

Each Champion Rank has a maximum Level cap. This is the highest Level a Champion can be upgraded to at that Rank. Once a Champion hits that cap, they’re ready to be upgraded to the next Rank.

• Rank 1 max level = 10   
  • Rank 2 max level = 20  
  • Rank 3 max level = 30  
  • Rank 4 max level = 40  
  • Rank 5 max level = 50  
  • Rank 6 max level = 60      

To Upgrade a Rank, you must sacrifice Champions of the same Rank as the one you want to upgrade. The number of Champions you need to sacrifice for each upgrade is equal to the current Rank.

For example: To upgrade a Rank 1 Champion to Rank 2, you need one Rank 1 Champion. To upgrade a Rank 2 Champion to Rank 3, you need two Rank 2 Champions. This pattern continues all the way up to Rank 6, which needs five Rank 5 Champions.

When a Champion’s Rank is upgraded, they drop back to Level 1 and must be levelled up again. However, their Stats will increase dramatically when you upgrade Rank, making them much more powerful.

Upgrading a Champion to Rank 4 also unlocks their first Accessory slot, allowing them to equip Rings.

Upgrading Skills

You can upgrade Champion Skills in the Upgrade Skills tab. 

Most Skills can be upgraded through several levels, each adding improvements or even bonus effects to the Skill.  

Common improvements are cooldown reductions, damage increases, and higher chance of placing a Buff or Debuff.

Upgrading Skills can completely transform a Champion’s effectiveness and give you the edge in battles. 

Players can upgrade Champion Skills by: 

• Using Skill Tomes of a suitable Rarity.

• Sacrificing a duplicate of the same Champion (any Rank or level).

Remember: Skill Tomes are hard to come by, so don’t waste them on Champions you don’t want to invest in. Save them for your strongest Champions.

Ascending Champions

You can Ascend Champions in the Ascension tab.

Ascending Champions helps them realize their potential and provides improvements ranging from higher Base Stats and Skill upgrades to entirely new Skills.

A Champion’s current Level of Ascension is indicated by the number of purple stars on their profile. The maximum number of times a Champion can be Ascended is limited by their Rank. A Champion can be Ascended up to 6 times.

To Ascend a Champion, you’ll need specific Potions for their Affinity as well as Affinity-neutral Arcane Potions. Simply select your Champion in the Ascension tab and it will display how many Potions are needed to upgrade to the next Level of Ascension.

If you don’t have enough Potions, you can either:

• Visit the Potion Dungeons to win Potions for that Champion 
  • Mix Potions using the Potion Mixer 
  • Buy Potions at the Shop 

Note: Each Potion Dungeon drops Potions belonging to a specific Affinity.

You can use the Potion Mixer to combine multiple inferior Potions into better Potions if you need a Potion urgently - such as on days when the requisite Dungeon is closed. This is the fastest way to get the Potions you need.

Ascending Champions also unlocks Accessory slots at the following Levels:

• Ascension Level 5: Amulet 
  • Ascension Level 6: Banner 

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 15, 2018, 01:2507/15/18

This screenshot is misleading.

You're about to sacrifice the 6star, fully ascended hero to the basic 4star version.

It should really be the other way around.
MariusAdmin
Jul 15, 2018, 17:2007/15/18
09/04/17
We'll consider changing, but the description is fairly clear that it has to be the same hero without any further need for Ascension or Rank, and the screenshot shows just that.
Aug 11, 2018, 07:3208/11/18
08/08/18

I feel like that was a little bit of an obnoxious reply by you dev.

MariusAdmin
Aug 12, 2018, 12:2908/12/18
09/04/17
My apologies if it came across that way, certainly no offense was intended. 
Aug 16, 2018, 11:3708/16/18
08/16/18

Hi,

How do I get to the Fusion screen?

MariusAdmin
Aug 16, 2018, 13:0408/16/18
09/04/17
spherus said:

Hi,

How do I get to the Fusion screen?

It will be available in one of the future updates as we were not able to get it ready for soft launch.
Oct 22, 2018, 01:5710/22/18
02/20/17

Train in the Sparring Pit. This option allows you to set the Champion aside to gain experience while you are focused on other tasks. Be sure to check in often to manually upgrade their level!

I feel this part should be auto leveling up. that way i don't have to check the app every 30 min and wont lose leveling up SP when i am away or sleep.

also i feel if i have finished a lvl with 3 star we should be allowed to skip the battle straight to results. maybe we can specify how manytimes we want to do a lvl that way/

Oct 22, 2018, 12:3810/22/18
02/06/14

justroaming said:

Train in the Sparring Pit. This option allows you to set the Champion aside to gain experience while you are focused on other tasks. Be sure to check in often to manually upgrade their level!

I feel this part should be auto leveling up. that way i don't have to check the app every 30 min and wont lose leveling up SP when i am away or sleep.

also i feel if i have finished a lvl with 3 star we should be allowed to skip the battle straight to results. maybe we can specify how manytimes we want to do a lvl that way/

A good idea

MariusAdmin
Oct 22, 2018, 13:1210/22/18
09/04/17

Some sort of auto-battle improvement will be added, but we are not going to make it possible to just skip every battle after reaching 3 Stars. 

We are also not planning to change the Sparring Pit either, if you wish to use it to upgrade "fodder" Champions, it will require some time investment. 
Nov 29, 2018, 12:1111/29/18
Hi when sacrificing people for leveling do you loose equipment on them or does it automatically get put back into inventory? Why does it cost so much money to unequip your stuff. I bottom out my bank unequip my first heroes for newer stronger ones?
MariusAdmin
Nov 29, 2018, 15:0311/29/18
09/04/17
Hey! You lost the Artifacts if you sacrifice Champions that are wearing those, yes.
Feb 8, 2019, 17:0802/08/19
05/13/19

Can i somehow Chose which Skill to Upgrade? Or is it Always the "most left one"? I dont want to waste tomes trying this.

Feb 8, 2019, 17:4602/08/19
01/02/19
alninex said:

Can i somehow Chose which Skill to Upgrade? Or is it Always the "most left one"? I dont want to waste tomes trying this.

It's random
Feb 14, 2019, 04:1102/14/19
02/05/19

Marius said:

Regarding Ascension

Hi Marius, I know this will be a handful, but this will really help me a lot and I would very much appreciate the help.

Can you please let me know how many Superior potion I need to ascend an Epic Champion starting from Level 1 Ascend to 5?

Thank you.

MariusAdmin
Feb 15, 2019, 15:4302/15/19
09/04/17

Godly said:

Hi Marius, I know this will be a handful, but this will really help me a lot and I would very much appreciate the help.

Can you please let me know how many Superior potion I need to ascend an Epic Champion starting from Level 1 Ascend to 5?

Thank you.

Hey, Godly!

You need 6 Superior Potions of the appropriate Affinity, and a bunch of Greater Potions, of course. Also, 3 Superior Arcane Potions.
Feb 19, 2019, 06:1002/19/19
02/05/19

Marius said:

Godly said:

Thank you.

Hey, Godly!

You need 6 Superior Potions of the appropriate Affinity, and a bunch of Greater Potions, of course. Also, 3 Superior Arcane Potions.

Hi Marius, I truly appreciate your response and this is a treasure information for me. Now, I can get my St Nick from the Fusion event.
Feb 21, 2019, 15:2502/21/19
How to unlock the champions when i want to level up one od them? 
Feb 28, 2019, 03:1802/28/19
02/05/19

Aleksa13 said:

How to unlock the champions when i want to level up one od them? 

Hey ALEKSA13,

Do you mean that you want to Upgrade Level a particular Champion that is added in the Sparring Pit?

Basically, you need to remove the Champion first from the Sparring Pit so you can level up him/her up in the Tavern.

If this is not what you mean, let me know and please provide more information so we can help you further.

Mar 7, 2019, 06:4303/07/19
Mar 7, 2019, 19:17(edited)
06/21/16

Marius said:

Hey! You lost the Artifacts if you sacrifice Champions that are wearing those, yes.

Hello Marius. I was wondering if this is still the case? I tested with lower level artifacts, up to two star epics and it doesnt burn them any longer. I dont know about higher level ones i didnt test since they come along less frequently. Can you shed some light on this issue?

Hahaha!  Just realized you actually said "sacrifice" whereas I was reading "upgrade", maybe cause I wanted to ask for some time now and jumped when I thought I saw the opportunity. That might have been confusing!

So the real question here is: for a time now, when a champion was upgraded his armor got destroyed. Is this still the case? Cause like I said, I've tested and it seems that got changed to the logical option that armor is retained when upgrading.

Mar 7, 2019, 08:4703/07/19
02/27/19

Hi Marius,

I could not find any info on Sparring Pit Levels. We start from level 1, it is like 2k xp per hour (I guess it increases a small amount depending on champion star/rarity, my 4* epic gets 2300xp per hour for example)

Now, there is no info about:

- How much more xp/hr we will get when/if we upgrade to level 2 paying 350 gems? just 10% or 100%? I need to know before I spend those gems!

- If xp depends on champion star/rarity, a detailed explanation of math behind it?

I know this is tavern post, but would be nice to have a sparring pit post with those info and possibly an in game info screen explaining what we will get before we buy =)

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.