All Categories

(Patch Notes) (19.08.2020) Update 2.12

(Patch Notes) (19.08.2020) Update 2.12

Search
Aug 19, 2020, 11:1508/19/20
05/17/19
224

(Patch Notes) (19.08.2020) Update 2.12



This update focuses on improving Arena play and some general quality of life improvements that we think will be much appreciated. While the update itself may be small in size, the changes will have a big impact on how you enjoy your experience with Raid.


- Champion Fragments at the Bazaar. 

Drexthar Bloodtwin Fragments are now available at the Bazaar. The Fragments aren't restricted by Tier, so everyone will be able to get their hands on the Champion! However, you'll only be able to summon Drexthar Bloodtwin once from Fragments.

- Clan Boss Keys will now be spent after a Battle finishes. 

Instead of losing a Clan Boss Key as soon as you enter a Battle, they'll now be spent when you finish a Battle. This will prevent you losing them if something happens mid-way through a Clan Boss Battle causing you to fail to complete it (server maintenance, internet issues, crashes, etc.). If you happen to lose a Clan Boss Key during the server reboot required for this change to be implemented, you will receive 2 Keys as compensation for this final inconvenience.

- Platinum Tier Points farming fix. 

Starting with this update, you'll only be able to gain 100 Points per day from Arena Defense wins in the Platinum Tier. This is a net gain, and not total Points won (meaning if you lose Battles, you can gain Points again - just no more than 100 from Defense wins in a single day). The Points cap will reset every day at 00:00 UTC, and any Defense Battles you win after you hit your 100 Points limit won't earn you any Points.

- Improved matchmaking logic in Tag Arena. 

We've put a lot of effort into adjusting the matchmaking logic for generating your Opponents List in Tag Team Arena. It will now be more balanced, and you should see as Opponents list populated with Defenses closer to your strength.

- Changes to Inactive Player handling in Classic Arena. 

To ensure an active and competitive playing field, players that are inactive in Classic Arena Offense Battles will no longer show up in other players' Opponents Lists. This change will be implemented as soon as the list of your Opponents is refreshed - either manually or automatically.

These are our first steps towards better matchmaking processes both in Tag Team and Classic Arena. We will continue to fine tune them to make Arena play as fun and fair as possible.

- Fixed the AI algorithm to prevent baiting the AI into targeting weak Champions. 

We've fixed an issue that allowed players to abuse the AI logic to win tough Arena Battles.

- The cooldown for offers with Accessories in the Bazaar has been reduced from 2 days to 1.

Bug Fixes

- Tormin the Cold will now place a Freeze debuff with the Wintry Wind [P] skill when an enemy Champion fills their team's Turn Meter.


- The error that occurred upon quickly changing tabs in the Portal has been fixed.


- The levels of Artifacts are now correctly displayed in the Artifact Storage after upgrading.

Announcement

As of version 2.12, Raid: Shadow Legends will no longer be supported on x86 (32-bit) Android devices, and starting with the next version (2.20), Raid will no longer be supported on older iOS devices (iPhone 5C and older; all those with ARMv7 processors). To those affected by this change, we apologize for the inconvenience. If this means you can no longer play on your only mobile device, please consider playing Raid on PC or Mac using Plarium Play.


That's all we have for you in this update! We're excited to hear what you think, so don't be shy - share your thoughts.


Views
10k
Comments
33
Comments
Aug 19, 2020, 11:2708/19/20
06/11/20
5

Haha, opponents in the Classic Arena are now even stronger than before!!! 


Thank you!
Aug 19, 2020, 11:3508/19/20
01/22/20
1
Show me the algo and I'll fix it.
Aug 19, 2020, 11:4708/19/20
07/26/20
2

In the classic arena  nothing has changed  :(

Aug 19, 2020, 12:0708/19/20
03/16/19
1
Expand G4, Platinum or both to fix.
Aug 19, 2020, 12:2008/19/20
08/02/19
3

Valkyrie said:



- Improved matchmaking logic in Tag Arena. 

We've put a lot of effort into adjusting the matchmaking logic for generating your Opponents List in Tag Team Arena. It will now be more balanced, and you should see as Opponents list populated with Defenses closer to your strength.

- Changes to Inactive Player handling in Classic Arena. 

To ensure an active and competitive playing field, players that are inactive in Classic Arena Offense Battles will no longer show up in other players' Opponents Lists. This change will be implemented as soon as the list of your Opponents is refreshed - either manually or automatically.

These are our first steps towards better matchmaking processes both in Tag Team and Classic Arena. We will continue to fine tune them to make Arena play as fun and fair as possible.



Inactive players are not the real problem in Arena, so this part will fix nothing

What did you do to "improve matchmaking" ? What do you call "closer to your strength" ?

Aug 19, 2020, 12:2208/19/20
12/06/16
1
Still mosty unbeatable opponents in Gold Arena.
Aug 19, 2020, 12:2608/19/20
Aug 19, 2020, 13:03(edited)
04/06/20
1

The real problem with arena is that player power and account growth has kept going up, but the amount of space in the arena tiers have stayed the same. The stronger the whale accounts are, the more push-down occurs. 


Do some basic analytics and take a look at average player power, and the average speed of an arena team's speed booster in each of the tiers. I guarantee it looks way higher than it did 2-3 months ago. This means that new players will have a significantly harder time moving through the Arbiter missions, and longer to get their medals and overall have slower progression compared to new players that joined a few months prior. This is where you guys are screwing up big time. I'm not sure why you thought getting rid of inactive accounts would have any meaningful impact. It won't. Look at the data.


To really fix arena, you need to create more tiers, so the high powered accounts stay out of Bronze, Silver, Gold, and newer players have a shot at progressing through the Arbiter missions and getting the accuracy great hall bonuses that are so critical for progressing through content... so that they can be competitive in what is now Gold I!


Back in April, the same exact team I have now, was cruising in Gold IV, no problem. Now, even though my speeds, damage, accuracy on the same champions are higher, I can barely stay in Gold I. Obviously this means arena is straight up busted and will only get worse. If you look at the analytics, you'll likely see that it's not inactive accounts... it's power creep -- you need to create a bunch of tiers above Gold to move  the 1+ year old and whale accounts out of Gold so that Arbiter missions can be completed again and people can get their great hall bonuses again.


Fix the arena!
Aug 19, 2020, 12:3808/19/20
02/14/19
40

Alan said:


Valkyrie said:



- Improved matchmaking logic in Tag Arena. 

We've put a lot of effort into adjusting the matchmaking logic for generating your Opponents List in Tag Team Arena. It will now be more balanced, and you should see as Opponents list populated with Defenses closer to your strength.

- Changes to Inactive Player handling in Classic Arena. 

To ensure an active and competitive playing field, players that are inactive in Classic Arena Offense Battles will no longer show up in other players' Opponents Lists. This change will be implemented as soon as the list of your Opponents is refreshed - either manually or automatically.

These are our first steps towards better matchmaking processes both in Tag Team and Classic Arena. We will continue to fine tune them to make Arena play as fun and fair as possible.



Inactive players are not the real problem in Arena, so this part will fix nothing

What did you do to "improve matchmaking" ? What do you call "closer to your strength" ?



i'm not sure, but now if you are in gold IV, and pute 1 champ on 1st lvl. no one roll you as opponet cuz ther will be no such stong attacker :)

nice fix...



Aug 19, 2020, 13:3408/19/20
01/27/20
85

Valkyrie said:

- Improved matchmaking logic in Tag Arena. 

We've put a lot of effort into adjusting the matchmaking logic for generating your Opponents List in Tag Team Arena. It will now be more balanced, and you should see as Opponents list populated with Defenses closer to your strength.

- Changes to Inactive Player handling in Classic Arena. 

To ensure an active and competitive playing field, players that are inactive in Classic Arena Offense Battles will no longer show up in other players' Opponents Lists. This change will be implemented as soon as the list of your Opponents is refreshed - either manually or automatically.

These are our first steps towards better matchmaking processes both in Tag Team and Classic Arena. We will continue to fine tune them to make Arena play as fun and fair as possible.




why is the matchmaking not also active in the classic Arena ??? My Team is at 110k power-lvl but I only see enemies of 150k+ up to 400k in the lowest bracket of Gold IV ?



I also agree with Lindahlbraid1 --- 10-12 weeks ago I made it to Gold IV with HighK, Tayrel, Black-Knight and a lvl 50 Lugan and HK had the "best Speed" of them with 180something (not 190 yet, but upper 180's). Try to get into even silver IV with that now …. it's impossible.


And that's not because of the inactive accounts. SOme of those actually are the only reason it was still possible to do something at all (inactive ones which put a single 40k champ or a lvl-1-champ Defence up). They allowed at least some "easy wins" in between the "only lysandra/arbiter/rotos/Tormin" Teams. 


ALso thanks for Fixing him so he again freezes more. Guess he "didn't Freeze enough" after the last "nerf" (he still froze everything with something that feels more like 75% Chance to Freeze than the 30% the Tooltip suggests --- even true-fear from MasH Fails double as often to have an effect after it's applied than applying Freeze from tormin…..)
Aug 19, 2020, 15:1108/19/20
07/02/20
31

As a fairly new player, I started about 40 days ago.  I very quickly reached the "Reach Silver 1" mission.  This was not feasible at all, until I hit the 30 day mark and got Khatun.  It's a struggle to get past bronze 3.  I managed to reach bronze 4 by refreshing every 15 minutes for the entire day, then I used about 80 gems worth of refreshes to boost up to silver 1 to complete the mission.  I finished like 5 more missions and now there's another one to get 50 silver medals.  It's been about 2 weeks since then, still don't have a single silver medal.  Looks like there's basically no way to progress through the missions at this point unless I get an extremely lucky shard draw.  The average attack power of teams is 110k, and the average speed, with the aura is above 247 (cause that's what I have, and I am never going first) in bronze 4.  Silver 1 is above that.  If I look at my next mission after the silver medals, it's to clear fire knight stage 3 on auto, and then to clear stage 7 or durham forest on hard with 3 stars.  I've already got every star in brutal, and am on fire knight 12.  The order of these missions may be off......in fact, I could clear the next 25 missions immediately, until it gets to upgrade a great hall bonus to level 4, which is again locked behind silver medals.  If you removed the arena missions, I could very easily clear that whole segment of the missions.


Maybe the arenas are at their expected difficulty, but the missions are out of order?
Aug 19, 2020, 17:3908/19/20
05/05/20
13

Hello!

Valkyrie said:

To ensure an active and competitive playing field, players that are inactive in Classic Arena Offense Battles will no longer show up in other players' Opponents Lists. This change will be implemented as soon as the list of your Opponents is refreshed - either manually or automatically.

Can you please explain to us what was actually implemented? The previous implementation in the game was that: A player who does not participate in arena offense for 30 days is removed from arena, and if they come back are placed in Bronze I. 

This patch says inactive players don't show up in Opponents Lists. 

Is there a difference here? Can you please explain what the actual change was?


Thank you!

Aug 19, 2020, 19:0008/19/20
06/22/20
4

I agree, as a newer player it is impossible to get to silver 1 right now.

Tag arena? It is now a joke. My 262k team is getting pitted against 300-400k teams. How is that balanced?
Aug 19, 2020, 20:5508/19/20
07/02/20
31
dennismaxfield said:

I agree, as a newer player it is impossible to get to silver 1 right now.

Tag arena? It is now a joke. My 262k team is getting pitted against 300-400k teams. How is that balanced?
It definitely seems worse after this patch.  Is it being matched based on account level?  I don't think that's a very good statistic to match on.
Aug 19, 2020, 22:2108/19/20
03/18/20
161

ive noticed since the patch yesterday the purchasing of cb keys which use to go into your inbox went straight into my cb key register throwing my key countdown out and basically turning what I was storing into having to use straight away


greenknight ive sent you a dm about this not sure if you sure or not


pretty frustrating how each patch creates another bug / issue


arena I would say in terms of classic matchups seems unfixed teams all legos every refresh and some 30 to 50 k power more than my team there so wish youd roll that side of things back to prior to may patch that killed the arean  for us all - maybe the only solution is to expand the number of players in each or drop that limitation altogether

Aug 19, 2020, 23:2108/19/20
06/23/20
13
caldarolad said:

As a fairly new player, I started about 40 days ago.  I very quickly reached the "Reach Silver 1" mission.  This was not feasible at all, until I hit the 30 day mark and got Khatun.  It's a struggle to get past bronze 3.  I managed to reach bronze 4 by refreshing every 15 minutes for the entire day, then I used about 80 gems worth of refreshes to boost up to silver 1 to complete the mission.  I finished like 5 more missions and now there's another one to get 50 silver medals.  It's been about 2 weeks since then, still don't have a single silver medal.  Looks like there's basically no way to progress through the missions at this point unless I get an extremely lucky shard draw.  The average attack power of teams is 110k, and the average speed, with the aura is above 247 (cause that's what I have, and I am never going first) in bronze 4.  Silver 1 is above that.  If I look at my next mission after the silver medals, it's to clear fire knight stage 3 on auto, and then to clear stage 7 or durham forest on hard with 3 stars.  I've already got every star in brutal, and am on fire knight 12.  The order of these missions may be off......in fact, I could clear the next 25 missions immediately, until it gets to upgrade a great hall bonus to level 4, which is again locked behind silver medals.  If you removed the arena missions, I could very easily clear that whole segment of the missions.


Maybe the arenas are at their expected difficulty, but the missions are out of order?
I'm in the same boat. I've got 3* through brutal in the campaign. I've already accomplished what's coming up in the next 25-30 arbiter missions, I've got 6 champions at 60 (although no legendaries), 2 with maxed masteries, and still can't stay close to Silver in the arena. Each refresh, I can find 1 or 2 teams in Bronze 3 or 4 that I can beat. The rest are all 4x 60 with 3-4 legendaries, easily 40-50 more speed, and 75K+  power compared to my 54K.
Aug 19, 2020, 23:3908/19/20
Aug 19, 2020, 23:47(edited)
11/23/19
3
What. A. Load. Of. Horsepoop! Just did about 40 arena battles to end up where I started. Groundhog day in silver 2. I was gold 3 before something got changed a few months back. Ffs just take the arena missions out since you can't fix this problem, might stop a lot of people rage quitting.
Aug 20, 2020, 00:2108/20/20
08/02/20
10









This should be Bronze 2 and its under Bronze tier 1, some algorithm skill lvl 1.


Aug 20, 2020, 06:2508/20/20
10/24/19
2

please do something thing for classical arena

all my friends be gold4 3 month ago and no we are gold1 or silver4, lot of thems start to be demote by that....

more we play more we become weak.... 
Aug 20, 2020, 06:5408/20/20
04/13/20
1

arena fix ? where ?

fix arbitor missions

one month waste at get to gold 1 mission

max silver 2-3


Aug 20, 2020, 06:5508/20/20
07/25/20
1

caldarolad said:


As a fairly new player, I started about 40 days ago.  I very quickly reached the "Reach Silver 1" mission.  This was not feasible at all, until I hit the 30 day mark and got Khatun.  It's a struggle to get past bronze 3.  I managed to reach bronze 4 by refreshing every 15 minutes for the entire day, then I used about 80 gems worth of refreshes to boost up to silver 1 to complete the mission.  I finished like 5 more missions and now there's another one to get 50 silver medals.  It's been about 2 weeks since then, still don't have a single silver medal.  Looks like there's basically no way to progress through the missions at this point unless I get an extremely lucky shard draw.  The average attack power of teams is 110k, and the average speed, with the aura is above 247 (cause that's what I have, and I am never going first) in bronze 4.  Silver 1 is above that.  If I look at my next mission after the silver medals, it's to clear fire knight stage 3 on auto, and then to clear stage 7 or durham forest on hard with 3 stars.  I've already got every star in brutal, and am on fire knight 12.  The order of these missions may be off......in fact, I could clear the next 25 missions immediately, until it gets to upgrade a great hall bonus to level 4, which is again locked behind silver medals.  If you removed the arena missions, I could very easily clear that whole segment of the missions.


Maybe the arenas are at their expected difficulty, but the missions are out of order?

I believe the missions were set up at a time when progression in arena wasn't so difficult due to bloat. More higher power players (games been out a year+) plus limited slots in upper levels of arena means that the extra fall over into lower tiers where they don't belong.

However, if they don't want to fix arena, then your solution may be a viable one. just adjust the missions to be bronze, high bronze, and silver instead of silver, gold, etc. I'm in your situation now myself. I can finish about 80% of the missions that are in place, I've done pretty much all of them already, but can't get the arena ones done because power is too lopsided.