(Patch Notes) (06.05.2020) Update 1.15
Update 1.15 is finally live; quality of life is what we wanted to focus on this time, and you’ll notice that most additions and changes tie into that decision. We are also laying down the groundwork for updating Tournaments - something we will expand on in the patch notes - but keep in mind that these will not be available immediately upon the release of Update 1.15. If you want to know more, read on!
Quality of Life
Undying Clan Boss
As of Update 1.15, Clan Boss becomes ‘unkillable’. This means that even when his HP drops to 0, the Clan Boss Battle does not become locked, thus preventing players from participating if they were not fast enough.
No other mechanics have undergone change. All Difficulties still maintain the same HP milestones, and dropping the Demon Lord below those milestones will be required to earn the double reward. However, even after that happens, all Clan Members can still initiate the Clan Boss Battle and fight as many times as they wish (or as many times as their Clan Boss Keys allow). The Demon Lord will still change Affinities after falling below 50% HP and will remain the same until the Clan Boss Battle resets.
Clan Boss HP across the board gets reset at the same time as usual, and the cycle begins anew. It is our hope this will help Clans, especially the top ones, avoid situations where their members are unable to claim Clan Boss simply because of varying schedules, time zones, or other similar issues
Additional Player Levels
We’ve added 40 additional player levels in this Update, bringing the cap to 100 in total. The mechanics of obtaining player XP remain the same, and you will receive Progression Rewards for every 5 levels past level 60. There are no further benefits to this and, as announced before, the Energy pool will remain unchanged.
Arena Onslaught Tournament
A new Tournament has been added to the game! You must battle other players, get Tournament Points for your victories, and earn your prizes amid the scorching sands of the Arena to excel!
Keep in mind, your score will not be based on the number of medals you receive. Only successful Arena Battles that you’ve initiated will count (Defense will not affect the score either!) and give you points.
Note: Arena Onslaught will not launch on the exact day of the Update. Keep an eye out for additional news in the game and on our social media!
Tournaments With Additional Conditions
Going forward, specific conditions will be added to various Tournaments; these are not live just yet and will become available in the near future. As an example, you might need to beat Dungeon Levels with Champions belonging to the same Faction or Champions of the same Rarity (though these may be entirely different, feel free to add suggestions in the comments below!). We will announce these additionally closer to the time of release!
Champion Balance and Bugfix
- Skull Lord Var-Gall now properly applies Decrease MAX HP to targets under a Shield buff.
- Fu-Shan’s skill [Howl] now displays the Stat that its damage is based on.
- Lord Shazar's ascended Cruel Fate skill now displays the correct number of Bomb debuffs and their duration after the skill is used
- Valkyrie's The Jealousy [Passive] skill is now only triggered as intended when the enemies place buffs.
- Gala Longbraids' the Fearless Aggression skill now places the Shield buff as intended.
- Fenax's ascended Put Down skill now prevents the target’s revival as intended.
- Excruciator's ascended Neck Snapper skill does not place a revival block on alive enemies anymore.
The following Skills are now multiplicative with other similar effects (Damage, Damage Decrease effects, etc) rather than additive:
- Cursehold, for Richtoff the Bold
- Kingslayer, for Elder Skarg
- Ethereal Ways, for Duchess Lilitu
- Shroud of Winter, for Ursine Icecrusher
- Resolute Defense, for Valla
- Spurn Oblivion, for Rotos the Lost Groom
- Battle Brothers, for Towering Titan
- Gold Tier IV Arena Chest rewards were increased. This took effect on May 8th, 2020, but keep in mind that it will not retroactively change the rewards received on Monday that week. Most players will receive the updated chests on May 11th.
- Champions can be locked or unlocked in the Tavern
- Accessories can be sold from the Battle Result screen
- Accessories will be added to Tournament rewards in the future (this does not apply to all Tournaments, but it will be an option now)
- Champions required for an active Champion Fusion are now marked with a special icon. Furthermore, there is an alert pop-up before these Champions are sacrificed
- Added time-limited Fusion indicator on the Portal. For the duration of a time-limited Fusion, the “red dot” indicator will be shown on the Portal. To make things clearer, temporary Fusions will also be moved to the top of the list in the Fusion tab.
- Added a new pop-up info panel that displays when you unlock a new Campaign difficulty.
- Added a drop info popup that shows when you tap on an Arena Chest in the Tiers tab in the Arena or in the Great Hall.
- Streamlined the process of saving your Raid account by linking it to a Plarium ID, Facebook, or Apple ID.
- Updated Platinum Tier matchmaking, your opponents will be chosen by their position on the Platinum Leaderboard rather than their Arena Points
- Fixed a bug that allowed some players to attack the same opponent in the Platinum Tier without triggering a cooldown
- Fixed a bug that caused Champions Base Stats to be calculated incorrectly if that Champion has been revived between Stage rounds
- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect Clan Boss Damage Counter behaviour when using Counterattack or Skills that called several Champions to attack the Boss at the same time
- The [Shield] buff that Duchess Lilitu places on her allies is properly visualized once more
- Fixed a bug that caused Poison Sensitivity, Decrease C. DMG, and Decrease C. RATE debuffs to apply through the Fire Knight’s shield
- Multiple other minor bugs fixed