All Categories

(Patch Notes) (07.05.2019) Update 1.7 Patch Notes

(Patch Notes) (07.05.2019) Update 1.7 Patch Notes

Search
Comments
May 7, 2019, 14:2005/07/19
03/22/19

Agree. Just tested new Gs. My team lost 40% damage on brutal CB... one month work on this team practically wasted. Coldheart lost nice chunk of damage on this. Athel even more for some reason. It looks like 3 hit skills are tend to rather not trigger at all now. Should I be right to request back all resources invested??
One more thing. Why Warmaster and GS hits have exactly same values??

May 7, 2019, 14:2405/07/19
04/10/19

Marius said:

P.S. Added the brief spotlight for the Arbiter at the end of the Patch Notes.

aura 33 spd in arena ??? why ???

everyone complained that the arena is dominated by gorgorab

instead of removing aura of gorgorab, you introduce a free even worse balanced character for free?

MariusAdmin
May 7, 2019, 14:3305/07/19
09/04/17

So even with a 4 hit used like Coldheart, GS is essentially useless.

warmaster:  10 uses = 6 hit at 4% = 24%

GS on Coldheart: 10 uses (40 hits) = 12 GS hits at 2% = 24%

Hopefully you can see how this makes GS useless unless you have a 5+ hit move.

This isn't taking the Clan Boss Skill decreased MAX HP of the Clan Boss. At the moment, both are capped at the same value, so Giant Slayer actually does better. I'll check in with the Devs in regards to the exact math for the rest and see how it holds up.

Thank you for getting back to us, why is there no mention regarding the massive nerf to Rare champions damage cap?
Common/Uncommon champions damage capped at 15 000.
Rare champions damage capped at 50 000.
Epic/Legendary champions damage capped at 75 000.

Could you give me a detailed explanation of what is affected? Warmaster and Giant Slayer are not supposed to be affected by the damage cap in question (well, not the Rarity-based one), but I have not been given a clear account of the bug yet.

May 7, 2019, 14:3705/07/19
04/19/19

Terrible.

With the new caps on damage for mastery skills, what is even the difference between GS and WM? Warmaster should have its cap adjusted so it does twice the damage giant slayer will do vs the same boss, period. Both being capped at 75k is terrible design. 
May 7, 2019, 14:5205/07/19
02/15/19
So all players will get tournament unlocked this week or just new tournament for the new players this was unlocked for?
May 7, 2019, 15:1105/07/19
03/13/19
Norog seems still bugged, his passive skill is still not triggering, which makes an okayish legend terrible.
May 7, 2019, 15:3405/07/19
May 7, 2019, 15:37(edited)
01/17/19

Marius said:

Hey, everyone! Dropping by to answer the questions that have been posted here so far. I won't answer each post specifically, but all points have been taken into account.

1) Champion Balance. It's true that there are many Champions that need to be looked at, and we do have a fairly long list to choose from. What is important to understand is that not every Champion is easy to fix by changing a couple of values in the damage formula or their Skill cooldown. Some might have to go through more drastic Skill changes. Both Astralith and Dracomorph are on our to-do list (though the latter is amazing for Clan Boss, so those of you who have him - that's a good niche for the time being), but will likely need to be considered far more thoroughly. We can't do them all at the same time, but our goal is to make these Balance changes far more frequent.

2) Lack of major features added. It's true that this Update lacks any major features, I've mentioned it a couple of times when asked about what can be expected. Good news, you will see a major Tournament this week. 

3) Giant Slayer Mastery. I've noticed some players express their worry about the proc chance decrease for Giant Slayer and the change to Warmaster. I do see where you are coming from, because I prodded our Game Designers with similar worries when I first saw the changes. First things first, Giant Slayer for Champions with multi-attack Skills was a tad too strong and created a very clear meta. We wanted to give players a chance to create teams that are slightly more variable. So, Warmaster was adjusted to cater to sing-hit Champions, while Giant Slayer, though slightly nerfed, remains a good choice for multi-attackers. Numbers-wise, Warmaster is the best for one-hit Skills, Giantslayer - for three-hit and above. Two-hit Skills are about even in terms of chances/bonus damage inflicted. We've also made sure all Champions can have their Masteries reset for free in case you decide Giant Slayer is no longer the top-tier Mastery you wanted for your guy or gal.

4) Issues with Challenges. These are still being looked at, unfortunately. The Challenge that requires Artifacts of a specific Rank being equipped (Rank 3 and not anything above) will get a hotfix soon. Challenges that require a specific Artifact (Offense gloves with ATK % specifically from Normal mode) will be fixed in one of the coming updates, though we hope to do it ASAP.

5) Referral. Issues that exist right now are going to be fixed today. We are also not planning to allow existing accounts to qualify for referral slots as it would be far too easy to get everything. I'll discuss this matter with the Dev Team, but I am not really sure what can be done.

6) Champions that were affected by the "No extra turn on kill with the Giant Slayer proc" can now kill, maim, and burn to their heart's content once more. The bug has been fixed. 

P.S. Added the brief spotlight for the Arbiter at the end of the Patch Notes.

Hi Marius, 

Thank you for the information. Can you, please, explain in more details the following changes: 

- Unkillable, Block Damage, Revive on Death, Stun, Sleep, Freeze, Provoke are no longer affected by Increase Buff/Debuff Duration effects

Does it mean that Scull Crasher's passive skill won't be as useful anymore? Or Tenassil's 3d skill?  

(So the team of Roshkar and 2 Valiries won't work. But Roshkar + Nicholas will be even harder to defeat! 🤔)

- All Bosses now have increased Debuff Accuracy and Debuff Resistance.

What does it actually mean? 

MariusAdmin
May 7, 2019, 15:3505/07/19
09/04/17

Important notice: Please, do not post bugs in the Patch Notes - this is not the place for it. Refer your reports to the Bug Reports Forum or the official Discord Server (But Reports Channel).

In regards to the damage cap, it would seem Warmaster Mastery is affected by it and that cap indeed depends on Champion Rarity. It is not supposed to work like that and will be investigated ASAP. 

In regards to Warmaster and Giant Slayer doing the same damage against the Clan Boss - that is intended. He has a Skill that decreases damage based on MAX HP, so it gets capped. Warmaster will deal more damage to other targets, but for the Clan Boss, the intention is to give a suitable alternative for Champions that have no multi-attack Skills. 
MariusAdmin
May 7, 2019, 15:4105/07/19
09/04/17

Angry Lady said:

Hi Marius, 

Thank you for the information. Can you, please, explain in more details the following changes: 

- Unkillable, Block Damage, Revive on Death, Stun, Sleep, Freeze, Provoke are no longer affected by Increase Buff/Debuff Duration effects

Does it mean that Scull Crasher's passive skill won't be as userful anymore? Or Tenassil's 3d skill?  

( So the team of Roshkar and 2 Valiries won't work. But Roshkar + Nicholas will be even harder to defeat! 🤔)

- All Bosses now have increased Debuff Accuracy and Debuff Resistance.

What does it actually mean? 

Hey! Yes, we've noticed quite a few players abusing Increase Buff Duration to indefinitely prolong Block Damage and Unkillable. That's not really what we aimed, so we are aiming to change that particular combination. Not sure why Roshkar and Nicholas will be more difficult to defeat than before though, could you elaborate?

In regards to bosses, the values of their ACC and RES have been increased. So they will be more difficult to debuff and their own debuffs will be harder to resist.

May 7, 2019, 15:4405/07/19
03/07/19

Hi Marius,

I have been playing for over 3 months and pretty happy with this update so far, I would like to address some issue I still have after the update because it seems like you guys are not active on Reddit at all 

Pros 

- Mino gains increase is super nice

- Leg champ buff all seem reasonable though I have none of them beside Taurus, you guys seriously need to fix him because costing 99% HP to deal poison sound just like trolling

- Warmaster yay

- Clan boss key + loot is better now, thanks!

CONS

- Septimus's passive does not work when he counterattacks, and he never uses his second skill whatsoever in boss/arena

- Instead of competing between warmaster and giant-slayer, you guys make the GS clearly inferior to Warmaster, plus the nerf on no extra-hit is huge consider some champion actually does a lots of damage pre-GS, Warmaster based on max HP skills

- Artifact challenge is still a joke, but glad u guys fixing it

- New content such as dungeons and tournaments, or even clan war

Overall I do like this patch and it does make the game a lot better in many ways.  Hopefully you guys keep up with the good work and pump out more patch because this does not seem worthy of the long wait.  Also please be active on Reddit guys

May 7, 2019, 16:1105/07/19
May 7, 2019, 16:12(edited)
03/05/19
I have a notched smartphone and I have no option to hide the notch in the game. 
May 7, 2019, 16:2005/07/19
02/09/19

Новый талант на кб наносит столько же, сколько наносит гроза. Так и должно быть?

May 7, 2019, 16:2405/07/19
03/31/19
Since you are looking at weak legendaries, can you possibly look at Shamrock? He's still decorating my inventory since I fused him. Feels quite bad imo for a legendary.
May 7, 2019, 16:3705/07/19
04/20/19
I appreciate the thorough responses on the items brought up by other players here, Marius (specifically the minimal balance changes). Is there an update on unbalanced packs targeting spending players? Those of us who have spent a substantial amount on the game (hundreds to thousands in cases of players like myself) still feel ripped off by being offered mathematically far less valuable packs for more money. When one player can get a sacred shard for $15 and a player like myself is charged $70-100 for that same sacred shard, REGARDLESS of the rest of the pack's content, when the value of a sacred shard alone is so high (and the most desirable shard in the game), it's simply not okay. This has been stated repeatedly by your most financially supportive players, and it's time for an official statement AND change from the devs, apart from "we're looking into it." I'm not sure how I can be more clear that we feel like we've been taken advantage of by this, and need some amount of significant compensation - or, at the very least, immediate changes.
May 7, 2019, 17:1205/07/19
03/01/19

Samsung Galaxy S10 here. Literally can't  play the game after the update. I've reinstalled. Deleted Cache and Data. And I've  used Wifi and 4g LTE. Game was working fine last night. Now all I get is..

"UNABLE TO LOAD PART OF THE RESOURCES".

Glad I spent almost $100 bucks on this game.. sigh.

Please help..

May 7, 2019, 17:1605/07/19
04/29/14

Angry Lady said:

Can you, please, explain in more details the following changes: 

- Unkillable, Block Damage, Revive on Death, Stun, Sleep, Freeze, Provoke are no longer affected by *Increase* Buff/Debuff Duration effects

Does it mean that Scull Crasher's passive skill won't be as useful anymore? Or Tenassil's 3d skill?  

(So the team of Roshkar and 2 Valiries won't work. But Roshkar + Nicholas will be even harder to defeat! 🤔)

You're missing the point.

Said buffs/debuffs are no longer affected by "increase duration" effects.

May 7, 2019, 17:2105/07/19
May 7, 2019, 17:26(edited)
03/22/19

Marius said:

In regards to the damage cap, it would seem Warmaster Mastery is affected by it and that cap indeed depends on Champion Rarity. It is not supposed to work like that and will be investigated ASAP. 

In regards to Warmaster and Giant Slayer doing the same damage against the Clan Boss - that is intended. He has a Skill that decreases damage based on MAX HP, so it gets capped. Warmaster will deal more damage to other targets, but for the Clan Boss, the intention is to give a suitable alternative for Champions that have no multi-attack Skills.

Thanks for clarification!
Bad thing is all this changes happens at the cost of GiantSlayer users. Then there is no balance just nerf. And why 3hit champions are activating GS once per 9 - 12 hits now its maybe another thing worth closer look on it...

May 7, 2019, 17:4805/07/19
02/03/19

I Tested now Giant Slayer and War MAster on Nightmare both do the same damage of 49000 how can it happen?.

Was think War Master does double the damage
May 7, 2019, 17:4905/07/19
03/15/19

Thank you for this nice patch... I want to point out that couple of players (me included) have spend lots of energy (and gems for refill...) for dropping legendary scrolls on the minotor. I am wondering, since you improuved that much the minotor drop rate, if we will get some compensation because (quick calculation for my case) I spend at least 3 days farming it on lvl 14 and I allready dropped 1 723 scrolls. With a drop arround 3.5 per run, it makes arround 492 (And I think it is way more then that). Now lets multiply this by 14 energy : This make 6 888 energy. This makes (at my level) more then 55,5 full energy tanks spent in it.

Now to my point : I did this mostley by doing refills... (on the 55,5 full energy tanks I did at least 40 to 45 refills... lets multiply this by 40 (price for a refill) : 40*40= 1 600 gems... (and don't forget it round down every time to make it not worse... in fact I spent way more then 2 000 gems in it).

Lets do the same calculation with the patch note :

standard drop of 7 scrolls per run : to have the same amount of scrolls would take 246 runs (the half of the privious calculation) I would have spent half the gems I spent for the same result !

Would I have farmed all this month ago I wouldn't say anything because I would have enjoyed the bonuses... but here I was farming it... so no real win here !

With all the money we spent in this game (in my case between 100 and 200€ per month), I can't understand how you can do this and not give something to the players as compensation. if you are not doing something soon you will loose players that could invest more of their money !