All Categories

What are the things we're working on currently (07.08.20)

Search
Aug 7, 2020, 11:5308/07/20
05/17/19

Hi, guys!

It’s me again, came here to say “hi” and share some news with you in our regular rubric “What Raid Team are working on and What we have in store”.

This time, I don’t want to repeat the things already mentioned previously, so if you missed out on something - feel free to check our previous post - https://plarium.com/forum/en/raid-shadow-legends/671_announcements/201171_what-are-the-things-we-re-working-on-currently--24-07-20-/

Now, let me tell you what else we’re working on right now.

- One of the most requested changes is going to happen in one of the closest releases - Clan Boss Keys will be removed from your account balance after a CB battle, not before. It will prevent the cases when players lose the Keys due to connection issues, forced updates, maintenance etc.

- We will also implement some changes in matchmaking in the Classic Arena in the next release. This should fix the problem with OP opponents in Bronze and Silver;

- Most of you have already seen a teaser with the construction site at the Campfire location. No, that is not a portal to Void Tower :slightly_smiling_face: But that is a new feature also and we hope you will like. More details will be provided a bit later in a separate from the regular rubric way;

- We’re constantly working on improving the game, and the Bazaar area is not an exception. So, one more spoiler for you: very soon we will add a possibility for our players to get a Legendary Champion as a reward on Bazaar. The Champion will be accessible for all leagues. And again, all the details will be provided to you a little later;

- One more thing we’re working on for the future updates is additional in-game quests, similar to those daily ones, but also are different in a way!

That’s it for now. Thank you for your attention, guys! Have a very good day!

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 7, 2020, 15:4208/07/20
04/12/20

hello, players are experiencing increased difficulty of teams in classic arena and gold league. now, if you get into the gold league 4, you no longer need an arbiter.

Aug 7, 2020, 19:3708/07/20
03/30/19

Those are some nice features I'm looking forward to. 

I've compiled a list of balancing changes I'd like to see : 

https://plarium.com/forum/en/raid-shadow-legends/674_game-discussion/201654_upcoming-balance-patch-suggestion/

I'm glad you guys are being more transparent with what you're doing and hopefully we can all enjoy some nice features soon enough.

One thing I miss are the old patches with 10~ new champions to spice things up while we waited for big updates. 

Aug 8, 2020, 07:2408/08/20
04/12/19

AirMaxxx said:

One thing I miss are the old patches with 10~ new champions to spice things up while we waited for big updates. 

Discontinuing those is good thing. Unless new champs are on par or better than best ones available now (power creep gets out of control) they are just diluting pool so it is progressively harder to get most useful ones like bek / serris.

Work with old ones that no one uses to get them to good shape first and then maybe introduce new ones. This will never happen since there is no money to be made from balancing old champs people already have, better to introduce new ones for people to whale out trying to pull them
Aug 8, 2020, 09:1508/08/20
03/30/19

ksthecr0w said:

AirMaxxx said:

Discontinuing those is good thing. Unless new champs are on par or better than best ones available now (power creep gets out of control) they are just diluting pool so it is progressively harder to get most useful ones like bek / serris.

Work with old ones that no one uses to get them to good shape first and then maybe introduce new ones. This will never happen since there is no money to be made from balancing old champs people already have, better to introduce new ones for people to whale out trying to pull them

Simple solution to that is to make all new champs useful ala MM / Madame Serries etc or better versions of old champs.
Aug 9, 2020, 12:5008/09/20
04/12/19

Aka powercreep.

Few more additions like those and everyone will forget about siphi since there will be new champ having her kit and skullcrown combined in single champ ...

Or 'random ally joining the attack' on a1 of this new champ ...

I do not trust plarium to achieve middle ground of usefully champ that is not op.

It will either be crazy OP champ that is must have or forget about arena (other things in the game can be completed with already available champs so no real point adding new pve champs) or it will be meh champ as good as chicken.

Aug 9, 2020, 13:4608/09/20
06/30/20

FIX ARENA. 

FIX POWER MEASURE. 

WHAT THE HELL WHEN ALL LEVEL I FIGHT HAVE CHAMPS WITH 40K DAM HIT. 

GreenKnightCommunity Manager
Aug 10, 2020, 14:0108/10/20
04/06/20

Hello!

ksthecr0w said:

While we continuously work on improving game mechanics and character balance, making character rosters fixed and equal is against our visioning the game. Overbalancing champions in such a way is restrictive to the players and will lead to the rework of all heroes if new mechanics are introduced into the game.

The addition of new champions increases the character pool and provides players with new tools to counter certain mechanics, find new interactions, and change the META overall.

Few more additions like those and everyone will forget about siphi since there will be new champ having her kit and skullcrown combined in single champ ...
I do not trust plarium to achieve middle ground of usefully champ that is not op. 

Thought the updates, there were many different METAs, many champions switching their relevance due to new METAs or the addition of new champions. There are situational champions, middle of the road champions. Every META has objectively OP champions. Yet, team composition and gear configuration, is what can make someone OP.

IDENT20 said:

FIX ARENA.

We are working on the arena fixes. Some will be released in the nearest update.

FIX POWER MEASURE.

We are working on changes to that algorithm, but such measurement can never be completely accurate due to the main power of a team is in an interaction between champions skills.

SEPARATE 2 SERVERS. …

We do not plan to separate people by time spent in the game on different servers. Game challenges are based on the power of your team, not the time of registration.

One of your previous posts was deleted due to containing false information and misleading claims. There are no "X2 POINTS" modifications for older players in the game.

Here is a Thread of heroes I would like Rebalanced as well:
https://plarium.com/forum/en/raid-shadow-legends/674_game-discussion/201827_upcoming-hero-re-balance-recommendations/

Thank you for your suggestions. While some changes to the mentioned characteristics are being considered, some may lead to making those characters overpowered. I will forward your suggestions to the development team to further consideration.

Have a nice day and stay safe.

Aug 10, 2020, 20:3408/10/20
04/12/19

GreenKnight said:

The addition of new champions increases the character pool and provides players with new tools to counter certain mechanics, find new interactions, and change the META overall.

Thought the updates, there were many different METAs, many champions switching their relevance due to new METAs or the addition of new champions. There are situational champions, middle of the road champions. Every META has objectively OP champions. Yet, team composition and gear configuration, is what can make someone OP.

Then having kitys as hard counter to deer made no difference and you had to nerf reinbeast even if he was not really that op and easily countered ...

New champs that try to break meta are OP like tormin used to be before he was nerfed (twice ???) or broken mechanics like hegemon ignoring speed completely and going first no matter what.

And even with those introduced - speed meta is still going strong ...

Change mechanics on basic level (everyone in arena gets immunity for 1 turn - expires on taking turn, everyone in arena gets unkillable untill 1st move, def and res is worth more in arena ...) - affecting everyone the same.

Introducing new champ that is supposed to break current meta makes him must have or go home - unless that new champ can be easily countered by current vault guardians. rock - paper - scissors scenario that never happened untill now ..

I saw too many times plarium introducing new champ that tries to beat current meta and there is no counter besides owning your own copy of said champ or having absolute best gear in it's class to beat new one geared in leftovers ... And this is why I said leaving champion pool untouched is better than letting devs add more 

Aug 11, 2020, 06:2408/11/20
Aug 11, 2020, 06:29(edited)
06/30/20

Allow players to check all champs equipment & power after Arena battles.

Hard to believe same champs mine is x2 power points enemies 1/2 power but my attack 1/2 damage and enemy attack x2 damage. 

NO WAY YOU DO NOT BUFF MY ENEMIES. SAME CHAMPS BUT MY CHAMP ONLY EQUAL 1/4 MY ENEMIES, IT IS EXTREMELY RIDICULOUS. ESPECIALLY WHEN MY CHAMP EQUIP WITH 6* EPIC & 5* LEGEND DIVINE ARTIFACTS + ENHANCEMENT, NO WAY HIS PERFORMANCE IS SO WEAK COMPARE TO ENEMIES.  

If only I can see my enemy equipment I will take screenshot and send directly to GOOGLE, that the company force me to leave this game. 

Aug 11, 2020, 11:5508/11/20
Aug 11, 2020, 11:55(edited)
06/11/20

About new update/release - is it gonna be this week, or...?

Valkyrie said:

- We will also implement some changes in matchmaking in the Classic Arena in the next release. This should fix the problem with OP opponents in Bronze and Silver; 

Aug 11, 2020, 12:4708/11/20
04/06/20

HI!

ksthecr0w said:

New champs that try to break meta are OP like tormin used to be before he was nerfed (twice ???) or broken mechanics like hegemon ignoring speed completely and going first no matter what.

And even with those introduced - speed meta is still going strong ...

Introducing new champ that is supposed to break current meta makes him must have or go home - unless that new champ can be easily countered by current vault guardians. 

Changes in META occur because of the number of factors. There is a big rebalance patch in the works. However, speed, by its nature, will remain a crucial stat for champions and team composition.

Change mechanics on basic level (everyone in arena gets immunity for 1 turn - expires on taking turn, everyone in arena gets unkillable untill 1st move, def and res is worth more in arena ...) - affecting everyone the same.

Thank you for the suggestion, but such changes will make specific mechanics overpowered. Also, changes in the power of individual stats can slow the combat, but at the cost of alienating DD champions from the Arena.

IDENT20 said:

Hard to believe same champs mine is x2 power points enemies 1/2 power but my attack 1/2 damage and enemy attack x2 damage.
NO WAY YOU DO NOT BUFF MY ENEMIES. SAME CHAMPS BUT MY CHAMP ONLY EQUAL 1/4 MY ENEMIES, IT IS EXTREMELY RIDICULOUS. ESPECIALLY WHEN MY CHAMP EQUIP WITH 6* EPIC & 5* LEGEND DIVINE ARTIFACTS + ENHANCEMENT, NO WAY HIS PERFORMANCE IS SO WEAK COMPARE TO ENEMIES. 

The described situation may occur not only because of the difference in gear but also because of differences in the champions' masteries. For example, the finale masteries of the Offense tree can greatly improve the champion's damage.

Have a nice one.

Aug 12, 2020, 03:0808/12/20
Aug 12, 2020, 03:14(edited)
06/30/20

It is extremely weird, unexplain-able, that my enemies have everything: speed, nuke, debuff, buff, strong attack, strong defend, everything, move first, buff full, debuff full, strong defend, nuke ... and still low rank in Arena. Everywhere I go from Gold 4 to Silver 3, same strength enemies, super saiyan but low arena rank.

You may tell I set wrong artifacts, wrong mastery. Let say it is true, but I used highest artifacts with highest level, they are add & minus, weak in speed strong in defend or attack or critical, since the attribute is not this then that, not zero. I can't explain why my champs weak all against low level players, lower speed, weaker attack, can't debuff + being debuffed, crit like sht, the only explanation is Plarium did something in background against my account. 

The fact is I do not fight real players, only a copy. Proof ? Let set a lvl 1 champ team in arena, reset a few times, wait couple hours, and re-set strong defend team, there will have players beat you with super weak team. Because Plarium copy your defend and put in other list, no matter how you change, other player list remain the same. What you did with copies on my list, I don't know, I just feel it's weird when several [act-like super strong] but still stay in low arena. 

Aug 12, 2020, 08:4108/12/20
06/11/20
And another question - is there plans to update the Market? To add new things/gear/shards etc.?
Aug 12, 2020, 10:1408/12/20
04/06/20

Hi!

Ident20 said:

It is extremely weird, unexplain-able, that my enemies have everything: speed, nuke, debuff, buff, strong attack, strong defend, everything, move first, buff full, debuff full, strong defend, nuke ... and still low rank in Arena. Everywhere I go from Gold 4 to Silver 3, same strength enemies, super saiyan but low arena rank.

This is a result of a different issue for the Classic Arena overall. We are working on a number of solutions to resolve it, and some of them will be added to the game in the nearest patch.

You may tell I set wrong artifacts, wrong mastery. Let say it is true, but I used highest artifacts with highest level, they are add & minus, weak in speed strong in defend or attack or critical, since the attribute is not this then that, not zero. I can't explain why my champs weak all against low level players, lower speed, weaker attack, can't debuff + being debuffed, crit like sht, the only explanation is Plarium did something in background against my account.

Once again, the differences might be in the Masteries. You can discuss your team and campions layouts with our community in the Game Discussion section.

The fact is I do not fight real players, only a copy. Proof ? Let set a lvl 1 champ team in arena, reset a few times, wait couple hours, and re-set strong defend team, there will have players beat you with super weak team. Because Plarium copy your defend and put in other list, no matter how you change, other player list remain the same.

There is a visual bug when someone swathes their team after entering your Opponents list. While working on this bug, couple fixes were made, so it is possible that after you switched defense teams, not every list got updated right away. Also, there is a thing when you enter combat on PC and then forget that you are fighting and finish match hours afterward.

Have a nice day.

Aug 12, 2020, 19:1408/12/20
05/26/20

I sincerely hope you guys get this arena roadblock figured out and fixed ASAP.

People are getting severely frustrated. The problem has gotten progressively worse since I started playing at the end of May. 

I'm at the point now where I only play my 5 matches for the daily quest. I've written off Arena almost entirely now a broken, utterly unenjoyable and hopeless aspect of this game.

There are voices saying whatever you do will have virtually no effect because it's a matter of power bloat in an aging player base. I hope they are wrong or that you're changes to the fundamental mechanics are such that people can progress (and maybe even enjoy themselves in the process). 

Honestly this should have been top priority two patches ago, but you can still save Arena. Just don't postpone it again, especially in favor of anything having to do with 3v3 arena. That will really tick off your players.....

Aug 13, 2020, 11:2208/13/20
04/06/20

Hi!

Rauthma said:

There are voices saying whatever you do will have virtually no effect because it's a matter of power bloat in an aging player base.

This is one of the significant concerns for the new players. Still, Classic Arena tiers are limitless, except the Platinum, and at a certain point of the game, everyone gets to the endgame level where the only advantage is experience.

Honestly this should have been top priority two patches ago, but you can still save Arena. Just don't postpone it again, especially in favor of anything having to do with 3v3 arena. That will really tick off your players.

Arena fix is one of our top priorities, yet we needed more data to work on practical solutions, and time to work on it and correctly apply it in the game. There are some of the changes coming in 2.12, and some will be released later. For more information, stay tuned to our biweekly reports.

Have a nice day and stay healthy.

Aug 15, 2020, 20:0808/15/20
Aug 15, 2020, 20:09(edited)
05/13/19

GreenKnight said:

Here is a Thread of heroes I would like Rebalanced as well:
https://plarium.com/forum/en/raid-shadow-legends/674_game-discussion/201827_upcoming-hero-re-balance-recommendations/

Thank you for your suggestions. While some changes to the mentioned characteristics are being considered, some may lead to making those characters overpowered. I will forward your suggestions to the development team to further consideration.

I think nothing I have posted is overpowered.

I think the changes I am suggesting are small changes to existing heroes which have errors in them.

What exactly do you think is overpowered about what I have said?

Aug 16, 2020, 06:0808/16/20
08/11/20

Thanks for all your guys work!

I've really been enjoying the game.

Have you guys considered adding in a little big more lore?

Like a tab for each character and maybe the bosses that gives a short  paragraph or two about them.

As a mechanic to get players more invested in the game, more of the characters lore can be revealed as they are ascended or ranked up.  For the dungeon bosses it could be linked to progression.

Some people don't care about this, but players like me would love the flavor and extra depth it would add.
Aug 20, 2020, 15:1508/20/20
04/06/20

Hi!

Robin Carr said:

Thanks for all your guys work!

I've really been enjoying the game.

Have you guys considered adding in a little big more lore?

Like a tab for each character and maybe the bosses that gives a short  paragraph or two about them.

Sadly, we do not plan to include character Lore screens into the game, but we are working on a couple of projects to expand on the Teleria Lore. One of which is a new comic that we were working on for some time. While this is in no way a meaningful substitute, I hope you will enjoy it.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.