All Categories

(Notice) Unkillable and Block Damage Buffs in Clan Boss Battles in Update 1.13

(Notice) Unkillable and Block Damage Buffs in Clan Boss Battles in Update 1.13

Search
Comments
Jan 14, 2020, 13:2501/14/20
01/31/19

Very good changes. Good you nerf this exploiting. For having heroes without masteries and half geared to get 4 to 8 top chests every day is just to much. This should beeen nered long ago.

For my self i got kicked out of the top clans couse I couldnt do 35m+ per key couse i didnt have 2 unkilleble heroes. So i took damage from others becouse i needed 4 keys to get transcendant chest. Boss always died by my 3rd key and thus i was not good for clan by doing damage but not getting transcendant chest.

This is prolly best nerd plarium announced since i started play in beta. Good work plarium.
Jan 14, 2020, 13:2601/14/20
Jan 14, 2020, 14:22(edited)
08/28/19

Unfortunately 50 turns is an arbitrary number, why not 40 or 60? What about different levels of CB difficulties (not same between normal and UNM: 50 is not much on the first, huge on the second).

I feel it would be better to have something like : CB will throughout ignore unkillable and block dmg 50% or 25% of the time. 

Or something like: CB has 50% chances to remove unkillable/block dmg on each enemy on one or both of his aoe. 

This will allow "regular" comps to use them (for instance blind seer has a block dmg to protect allies just enough time that they have a chance to hit cb once and hopefully get healed by lifesteal), while it will be enough to progressively break those teams who exclusively rely on these debuffs and nothing else (def, hp, etc.).

The pb I see for "regular" teams is that they have enough hp, def to resist until the 50th turn on nm CB anyway, they only need these occasionally after that (like in the blind seer example above)...

Note: I do use Blind Seer, and my team can survive about 60 turns on nm without ever relying on her block dmg: I rely on def + hp until 60, after that I can only use her A3 once to revive 1-3 allies hoping that their GS will proc on most before CB attacks again. There's already a rng aspect to it, my above proposition will not change that fact. 

Jan 14, 2020, 13:2701/14/20
01/31/19
heidenherz said:

Thanks Plarium, very much needed and appreciated change!

A team consisting of 4 unleveld and undeveloped champs with 1 slightly developed poisoner should not be able to 1 or max 2 key UNM! I actually hope they cannot do the big chest even with many more keys, after this change. Such a team should simply not be able to run (and even dominate) the absolute end game content of the game.
Agreee 100%
Jan 14, 2020, 13:3801/14/20
01/14/20
Im f2p, nowhere near endgame, no leggos. I dont see how this change should improve my gaming experience. Some spent money on your game, some got lucky and got themselves an unkillable team. Its your programmers who allowed for this. Why penalise players? The game may deserve game of the year title, but plarium certainly doesnt.
Jan 14, 2020, 13:4101/14/20
09/04/19

And when is the update 1.13 any other news? or just the same old content getting really bored nothing to do just waiting for CB to rest and that is about it.

Jan 14, 2020, 13:4501/14/20
10/10/19

Lotro_Fanatic said:

I was talking to some clan mates who know more about the REAL reason for this nerf.

Simply put. Players can clan hop doing UNM four times a day a reaping 4-8 of the top chests. 

I think this does need to stop. However the way Plarium is going about it is completely wrong.

Why not just add a mandatory 12 or 24hr cool down for clan boss fights? Upon joining a new clan. The clan boss would be greyed out. 

Simple solution, you only get chests from the clan you're currently in. If you leave a clan, you forfeit your rewards. Your damage on the boss could get unassigned (or set to a dummy account) so the clan doesn't lose that damage, it's just not linked to you anymore. 
Jan 14, 2020, 13:5501/14/20
07/15/19
MrFlurf said:

Lotro_Fanatic said:

I was talking to some clan mates who know more about the REAL reason for this nerf.

Simply put. Players can clan hop doing UNM four times a day a reaping 4-8 of the top chests. 

I think this does need to stop. However the way Plarium is going about it is completely wrong.

Why not just add a mandatory 12 or 24hr cool down for clan boss fights? Upon joining a new clan. The clan boss would be greyed out. 

Simple solution, you only get chests from the clan you're currently in. If you leave a clan, you forfeit your rewards. Your damage on the boss could get unassigned (or set to a dummy account) so the clan doesn't lose that damage, it's just not linked to you anymore. 
Yeh. Or that. Something that actually makes sense. The current idea from the developers is a bit weird.  
Jan 14, 2020, 13:5901/14/20
06/13/19
I can't believe with all the problems in the game you guys choose to focus on this. With no way to consistently farm books, NM campaign being content that most players will go through once and never go back too. No void tower. No new content in about 6 months and this is what you focus on? I just don't understand it. Many players that have put these comps together will be very upset and for good reason. I know several players that have spent a ton of cash and because of crap RNG can't even put together a good Ultra NM team so they go with unkillable. I completely understand you guys wanting to rid the game of unkillable.  It makes all the sense in the world to me but ignoring all the things that are bad for players and trying to kill the things that are good is the wrong approach. Fix all the crappy things first, then work on this. As usual you guys are clueless as to what is good for your player base or more likely you don't care about what is good for the player base. You guys have proven time after time that the player base doesn't matter. That's why 9 out of 10 players that start Raid quit the game. You guys always put yourselves ahead of the player base. %100 of the time. I'd like to see 1 time where you guys put even a small amount of consideration towards the community instead of yourselves.  In fact if I don't see it soon you'll have 1 less player to disappoint. 
Jan 14, 2020, 13:5901/14/20
10/22/16
The best thing about these news is that they're announced right after the void rush!
Jan 14, 2020, 14:0701/14/20
10/19/19
Selanmere said:

The best thing about these news is that they're announced right after the void rush!
They wouldn't want to announce before that.  Otherwise, people like me that bought all the packs to chase a maneater, wouldn't have bought all of them.  This is getting old, quick.
Jan 14, 2020, 14:1201/14/20
Jan 14, 2020, 14:16(edited)
04/29/19

@everyone Guys, you may have already seen the post on our forum regarding the changes in the CB area that are going to come in 1.13 patch. I will just relay the main idea here.

There are CB teams specifically tailored to be constantly kept under high-end defensive buffs such as Unkillable and Block Damage during the battle. This allowed them to outperform teams of every other composition by a huge margin - we are talking about three times the damage in the best case scenarios on both sides.

While this has to change, we acknowledge the effort and time that goes into crafting a team of this caliber and performed thorough tests to ensure they remain on par with other top contenders.

As such, the Demon Lord will start ignoring Unkillable and Block Damage buffs from Turn 50 (CB's turn, that is). Our tests show that teams built around those buffs will still dish out enough damage to match any other composition and will be capable of earning enough points for a Transcendent Chest quickly.

This is unfair. I spent a lot of money on this game . I won't even spend a cent on you after that!!!!

Jan 14, 2020, 14:3701/14/20
06/01/19

So a team consisting of 2-4 void heroes is over powered?? Good thing those shards are so easy to get with such good pull rates. There is a reason I log in less and less to this game. You guys are a joke.

So many real problems yet anytime there is a benefit to the player it gets nerfed immediately, steel bowyer, seer, now this
Jan 14, 2020, 14:4301/14/20
Jan 14, 2020, 14:44(edited)
09/24/19

LOL

What a fail team of mindset and what if they just put Toxic gear with WM on ME and on 3 PK? The same story... 

just make a reset that each player is allowed to attack twice a day if they attack both or one key for example and the CB is dead whoever uses a key should get 2 chests if the CB is alive after a reset they get 1 chest no matter the amount of damage! SIMPLE 

never get find a solution the people behind this game really do not play the game so they will never understand what the game needs.

every content in the game is the same never come up with new ideas they only have the same thing over and over again CB Arena and now faction wars which is a big fail

Be more creative and there are so many things you can do 

1)Clan Boss there should be a different Clan boss for each day 7 different design would be great new abilities new way of survival skillset and defenses something new each day, not the same over and over again.

2) Arena makes it with daily rewards Jesus its the worst! give top player rewards, not a other chests!

3)Faction Wars Change that you can only use specific champion to attack a specific faction!! also you start with your 5 champions from any faction if the 5 champions you are using die these champions that died in the faction cannot be used there again until the next day reset If they die in round 5, for example, you can continue with 5 new champions with the same amount of health you left the enemy. (you cannot have only one faction to attack when 90% or the champions are not balanced)

Jan 14, 2020, 14:5101/14/20
11/03/19
You can still very easily hit unm max on 2 keys. Yep, the sky is falling, you're totally right.

sauronv7 said:

50 turns? Even assuming we have 10 poisons on the boss 100% of the time - it will be 25m dmg at MOST. +- a few millions from wm/gs. 

That's terrible. RIP unkillable.

Jan 14, 2020, 14:5601/14/20
03/09/19

The simple 24 hour cool down restricting player to join clan after he left/or been kicked from one, - would do the trick...
Guys with unkill packs would not be able to migrate and kill CB all around the server...

Raid Shadow of Legends should be renamed to RIP now...  as there is no interesting target to achieve once you get Arbiter.

Factions Wars are for money bags only anyway.

P.S.

I do not have contra and no Unkill pack, but the ones who spent time/money/ingame resources to get unkill to work, - should be refunded after such a nerf...

if not, they should use other options to get it.

Jan 14, 2020, 15:0101/14/20
04/17/19
is turn 50 going to block revive too? If clan hopping for extra chests is the real problem then why not block other comps from doing it also?  Or is that the Roschard is the red-headed stepchild of the lego world and you guys are telling us to pay for Martyr or just lose??
Jan 14, 2020, 15:0701/14/20
08/08/19

It is quite clear that the ones applauding the change either don't have the champions for unkillable or have a strong enough counter attack team this won't truly affect them.  

There is a cheese strat that should be punished.  Shared cooldown on PK fixes it, simply put.  Clan hopping 24 hour cooldown on CB attacks.  Simple and effective fix.  

It seems so lazy to just make the clan boss ignore mechanics that you put into the game rather than fix the issues behind it.  

Jan 14, 2020, 15:1201/14/20
08/08/19

Good news, Good news!!

Thank you for fixing this. 

And don't worry about the kids. They will grow up. 
Jan 14, 2020, 15:2401/14/20
03/07/18

we are the usual, I have been playing for 11 months dinally I manage to get to the boss nightmer and what do you do I take away the good prizes, then with so many efforts energies gems potions and my money I can get to ultra nightmare with team unkillable (only a week) and what do you do you cut me down again, no this time I'm not insulting you or anything like that, I want everything back tome gems etc. and my money and I'll leave you, this time I'll report you.

Jan 14, 2020, 15:3701/14/20
09/23/19
Spend few hundered on 2x voids for unkillable champs, then this. Great. Glad to have a reason to stop spending and go FTP