(Notice) Unkillable and Block Damage Buffs in Clan Boss Battles in Update 1.13

Search
MariusAdmin
Jan 14, 2020, 11:0001/14/20
09/04/17

Greetings, Raiders!

As update 1.13 draws closer, we wanted to give you a heads up about the changes that will be included. We have been observing the performance of various Champions and teams in the Clan Boss battles on Ultra-Nightmare difficulty, and there are certain adjustments that we believe are necessary.

There are teams specifically tailored to be constantly kept under high-end defensive buffs such as Unkillable and Block Damage during the battle. This allowed them to outperform teams of every other composition by a huge margin - we are talking about three times the damage in the best case scenarios on both sides.

While this has to change, we acknowledge the effort and time that goes into crafting a team of this calibre and performed thorough tests to ensure they remain on par with other top contenders.

As such, the Demon Lord will start ignoring Unkillable and Block Damage buffs from Turn 50 (CB's Turn, that is). Our tests show that teams built around those buffs will still dish out enough damage to match any other composition and will be capable of earning enough points for a Transcendent Chest quickly.

This should eliminate the unintended disparity between various teams used in the Clan Boss battles, dramatically shorten the time required for a single battle - as the teams described above need to be manually controlled - and will still lead to excellent results.

We will keep a close eye on how these teams perform post-1.13 and ensure that the changes have gone through without any unforeseen issues. Good raiding!

- Plarium

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 14, 2020, 11:2801/14/20
Jan 14, 2020, 11:28(edited)
04/12/19

I do not have any mass unkillable nor mass block damage champ and I am still on 3key NM (around 15-18m per key on NM on auto) but if dmg is on par it might be not worth it anymore to build unkillable.

imagine playing manually for those 15 or whatever minutes, jsut to have similar or just slightly better outcome as someone who does 1 click auto ...

Jan 14, 2020, 11:2801/14/20
05/30/19

From the perspective of a fairly generous spender, you have finally lost me. You got close many times with your predatory money grabs and giving worse and worse deals for every dollar spent. You again almost lost me when it took you so long to fix many things such as the tavern and needed increased champ storage and again once more on the obvious no test of the Tormin release, but this crosses the line. Let me break it down a little bit.

You are only limiting the people who have spend a lot of money to get to this point. Unkillable is not some FTP dream. Sure people have made teams with Maneater and 3 painkeepers that can get close to 1 key, but only with the best damage dealer in the game. No most unkillable teams will have some form of 2 block damage/unkillable buffs which already takes how many shards? How many dollars spent just to get the champs? Then comes the process of gearing these champs, speed tuning these champs, dismantling every damage dealer you had previously and regearing them to put out max damage in the shortest time possible. I can't even put a number on how much silver this has cost me, let alone gems in testing keys over and over and over again trying to get things right. You put the buffs in the game, you created the mechanics and you let people use them until enough free to play people griped and complained loud enough to stop them. And here we are with all the money, all the gems and all of the silver spent and I get a lousy 50 turns on the clan boss. Am I going to get a refund for this? 

You have essentially said at this point to a HUGE portion of your big spenders that your efforts and/or energies really don't matter anymore and we couldn't care less, go find something else you'd like to spend your money on and for me that is just what I plan on doing. I encourage everyone else that is affected by this and feels the same way to take a hard stance here. Stand up for yourself to this company and put it on boycott. Good day to you Plarium.

Jan 14, 2020, 11:3401/14/20
11/07/19

Good its finally getting nerfed. Although maybe a different aprouch would had been better. Like pk not being affected by other pk cooldown lowering skill.

I think that when you got enough unkillable buffs without cooldown resets you should be able to use it

Also prince kymar x2 cant reset each others cooldowns so it makes sense to nerf the void RARE methode. Cause it doesn’t work with 2 legendarys

Jan 14, 2020, 11:3401/14/20
08/26/19
nathanm1107 said:

From the perspective of a fairly generous spender, you have finally lost me. You got close many times with your predatory money grabs and giving worse and worse deals for every dollar spent. You again almost lost me when it took you so long to fix many things such as the tavern and needed increased champ storage and again once more on the obvious no test of the Tormin release, but this crosses the line. Let me break it down a little bit.

You are only limiting the people who have spend a lot of money to get to this point. Unkillable is not some FTP dream. Sure people have made teams with Maneater and 3 painkeepers that can get close to 1 key, but only with the best damage dealer in the game. No most unkillable teams will have some form of 2 block damage/unkillable buffs which already takes how many shards? How many dollars spent just to get the champs? Then comes the process of gearing these champs, speed tuning these champs, dismantling every damage dealer you had previously and regearing them to put out max damage in the shortest time possible. I can't even put a number on how much silver this has cost me, let alone gems in testing keys over and over and over again trying to get things right. You put the buffs in the game, you created the mechanics and you let people use them until enough free to play people griped and complained loud enough to stop them. And here we are with all the money, all the gems and all of the silver spent and I get a lousy 50 turns on the clan boss. Am I going to get a refund for this? 

You have essentially said at this point to a HUGE portion of your big spenders that your efforts and/or energies really don't matter anymore and we couldn't care less, go find something else you'd like to spend your money on and for me that is just what I plan on doing. I encourage everyone else that is affected by this and feels the same way to take a hard stance here. Stand up for yourself to this company and put it on boycott. Good day to you Plarium.

Look at the turn CB starts to ignore them. It's 50th turn of CB. Imo this is totally fine & acceptable.
Jan 14, 2020, 11:4301/14/20
07/13/19

50 turns? Even assuming we have 10 poisons on the boss 100% of the time - it will be 25m dmg at MOST. +- a few millions from wm/gs. 

That's terrible. RIP unkillable.
Jan 14, 2020, 11:4501/14/20
Jan 14, 2020, 11:47(edited)
11/16/19
Why not 1st round? You cant stun boss then why you can use god mode? Better complete ignore god mode on CB
Jan 14, 2020, 11:4601/14/20
03/22/19

nathanm1107 said:

From the perspective of a fairly generous spender, you have finally lost me. 

lol u think Plarium care what u will say,u already spend your money, you needed to think about it early

now they can do anything that they want and u can just cry

maybe u can try to find something and sue the company 

Jan 14, 2020, 11:5501/14/20
05/31/19

So let me get this straight Plarium: out of all the bugs your game has...out of all the requests being put forth by your playerbase, out of all the improvements that need to be had, you chose to prioritize something that punishes the people who have really invested time and money on your game to build these high-caliber teams? Umm ok. 

If I may, if players are overhitting the CB, it’s up to the clan to decide how to deal with these players. They can keep them, or they can kick them out or weaker players can leave the clan. It’s up to them. It’s none of your business. Nerfing a game mechanic is not the solution. You’re just adding more problems to an already problematic game. This confuses me, really. Since a lot of your decisions are based on money, how does this nerf bring in more cash?
Jan 14, 2020, 11:5901/14/20
06/07/19
instead of creating new content and adding QOL features to the game, you nerf unkillable. this is a pathetic way of showing your so many times proved incompetence in running this game.
Jan 14, 2020, 11:5901/14/20
11/10/17

I agree that the people who make the decision's at plarium have an apparent disconnect you rarely see outside of politics.  

They simply do not understand that this is a product that is sold and not a popularity contest. 

Having made that point, I also will admit that I have seen several examples of positive changes in the game over the past few months. I am not privy to what is happening behind the scenes but I am happy that there is someone in a position of authority who is taking a longer view then the pirates who were running the ship when I started playing.  .

Simply put I know you are cheating someone if you sell them a product and purposely ruin it.  I also understand that they have a balance that must be maintained.  

It's rare that you see someone take something from anyone and refuse to acknowledge that there is value lost that must also be balanced.  

If plarium wants talk about balance then return the shards to a player who has a champion nerfed and use the same math to do it that you used to get the most dollars you could for that champion.  And be honest with your number.  200 blue, 100 void and 50 of the bank robbers would right a few wrongs. 

I totally agree with everyone when I say balance must be maintained at all cost. 👊

Jan 14, 2020, 12:1101/14/20
07/15/19

I was talking to some clan mates who know more about the REAL reason for this nerf.

Simply put. Players can clan hop doing UNM four times a day a reaping 4-8 of the top chests. 

I think this does need to stop. However the way Plarium is going about it is completely wrong.

Why not just add a mandatory 12 or 24hr cool down for clan boss fights? Upon joining a new clan. The clan boss would be greyed out. 

Jan 14, 2020, 12:2501/14/20
08/17/19

Thanks Plarium, very much needed and appreciated change!

A team consisting of 4 unleveld and undeveloped champs with 1 slightly developed poisoner should not be able to 1 or max 2 key UNM! I actually hope they cannot do the big chest even with many more keys, after this change. Such a team should simply not be able to run (and even dominate) the absolute end game content of the game.
Jan 14, 2020, 12:3301/14/20
03/22/19

Lotro_Fanatic said:

I was talking to some clan mates who know more about the REAL reason for this nerf.

Simply put. Players can clan hop doing UNM four times a day a reaping 4-8 of the top chests. 

I think this does need to stop. However the way Plarium is going about it is completely wrong.

Why not just add a mandatory 12 or 24hr cool down for clan boss fights? Upon joining a new clan. The clan boss would be greyed out. 

If this is the real reason then Plariums executives are even more mentally off the track than I thought. As you have already mentioned, a cooldown on the cb would be the only and proper solution to this. And not even hard to implement. this is just one more column in a database, where the clan-id of the player is compared to the player id and then it is checked if the last 24 hours the clan-id has changed.

Or you simply only enable clanboss after 24h being in a clan. simple as that. 

But nerfing this and annihilating all the effort the people have put into this is the wrong way.

Jan 14, 2020, 12:3901/14/20
07/29/19
Yup, coming from Galaxy of Heroes a while back this was a simple and effective way to stop guild hopping for any guild related activity assuming they're actually working on new guild content. A 24h cooldown makes much more sense than sticking it to the people dumping money into getting those specific void/legendary characters. This coming from someone still 4 keying unm... And just barely. Sometimes I don't even get the transcendent chest.
Jan 14, 2020, 12:4601/14/20
04/19/19
IF THIS DOES NOT COME WITH A TURN COUNT AND DAMAGE METER THEN I'M DONE. I HOPE THE PRIORITY IN WHICH PLARIUM HAS PLACED ON THE ACTUAL BUGS IN ITS GAME IS REFLECTED IN IT'S RATINGS. IT'S NOT LIKE VOID SHARDS ARE CHEAP.
Jan 14, 2020, 12:4601/14/20
11/08/19
Only Ultra Nightmare is mention in the original post, will the other difficulties also have the 50 turn ignore Unkillable and Block Damage?
Jan 14, 2020, 12:5401/14/20
05/08/19

So you decided to increase diversity once again and even more.

Ok. Go farm urself, greedy mustards ;-)

Jan 14, 2020, 13:0201/14/20
08/17/19

I think this change is reasonable. Tripple PK on lvl 30 with a Maneater and an Aothar shoulnt do way more damage then a full endgame team. lets see how much damage can be done in 50 rounds. double Sir Nicholas will most likely still be viable. and nobody can honestly tell me they enjoyed to do/watch these battles for 30-50 minutes every day. even full auto with an alarm set isnt ideal.

however since lots of people will now get less rewards from cb, I think its time to improve the arena reward at last. the arena rewards are a disgrace especially for Top 100players and high Gold 4 players.

Jan 14, 2020, 13:0601/14/20
04/29/19

Maybe you should try to solve the real problem: you need really specific champions to achieve some results in the game. In UNM you need counterattack or an unkillable team, now you are limiting unkillable, that's not an improvement.

Just for the record, after more than 6 months and some money spent on the game, I have neither a counterattack comp nor an unkillable one.

This is what frustrates me the most, the fact that I can't progress in a game that is also really repetitive and boring.
Jan 14, 2020, 13:0601/14/20
05/27/19
I'm fine with these changes, the only reason some people are angry at this. Is simply because the time they spent abusing this mechanic took a lot of effort.