(Player Survey) Faction Wars: Crypt Availability Time

Search
MariusAdmin
Sep 25, 2019, 14:3909/25/19
09/04/17

Hey, Raiders!

We’ve been keeping an eye on your feedback concerning Faction Wars. What we’ve noticed is that one day is often not enough to spend all your Crypt Keys, be it because it takes time, or people need to reconsider their Team composition and what Artifact Sets their Champions should have.

As such, we are considering possible changes to the existing Faction Wars cycle. One of the options would be to keep each Crypt open for up to 3 days in order to allow for proper planning and preparation. It might also be possible to maintain the current system of having 2 Crypts open for 24 hours, and have another one available at the same time, but for longer than 24 hours.

The above are just basic ideas right now, we wanted to know what our players think before going ahead. Do you like either of these options? Do you think you have a better idea yourself? Let us know in the comments, and we’ll review all your feedback before considering changes.

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 25, 2019, 14:4909/25/19
Sep 25, 2019, 14:53(edited)
04/20/19

I like those ideas, though i would love a way to get/earn/buy more crypt keys, even if not able to BUY them with gems, maybe a way to earn some via playtime rewards or daily rewards or something along those lines.

I also thought if we were able to have 1 crypt open for 1 week, get the normal amount of keys daily, while 1-2 rotate every 1-2 days, and similar to dungeons as to where we can pay to keep 1 specific crypt open for X amount of days.

Sep 25, 2019, 14:5609/25/19
05/04/19
I'd personally like to see them stay open longer. 
Sep 25, 2019, 14:5609/25/19
05/15/19
Sounds great! Have the two for 24 and one for 3 days would be very helpful! Thanks for listening to feedback on this! You might want to watch some of the reviews by youtubers about faction wars. Stew and Kizzle and even Chofly/Chosen had some good feedback.
Sep 25, 2019, 14:5709/25/19
05/24/19
My suggestion doesn't really address the issue you mention, but what I'd really like to see is maybe some way to get more keys for the factions we want to use, and less for the ones we don't want to use. Perhaps having a "total" amount of keys which refills every 6 days, which we can use as we like. In that case, we'd definitely need to have the crypts open for longer at a time.
Sep 25, 2019, 14:5709/25/19
07/23/19
How about working on allowing us more vault space/item space before tweaking FW? Also would be nice to get rid of the price of taking gear off if you really want FW to thrive
Sep 25, 2019, 14:5809/25/19
04/16/19

Having Crypts open longer is nice, like 3 crypts open for 48 hrs? I guess that might help.

However for me, participating in Crypts would be much more enticing if swapping out heroes and gear wasn't such a chore. I can't search gear or champs very quickly and I'm usually close to maxed out on space most of the time so it's not worth the hassle to shuffle my main teams around to try and pull a good 5 man team together with all the other stuff I'm doing in a day.

Just my thoughts.
Sep 25, 2019, 14:5809/25/19
02/25/19

Why this daily timetable? .. just gives players headaches and more overload of what to do.

Open All Faction permanently.. and give us 24 keys per crypt at start of week. Let us play at our own convenience.

A Daily limit/rotation =  a chore. I guarantee not a single player will prefer daily rotation vs a having everything open ...
Sep 25, 2019, 14:5909/25/19
Sep 25, 2019, 15:03(edited)
12/11/18

I do like the idea of having one open for an extended period and having 1-2 others open for the normal 24 hours. 

Could have it so you can spend gems to open on for a week and the rest rotate normally. Then if you want another faction open you spend gems and it closes the other one you spent gems for.

And every day the keys would still refresh for the extended crypt.

It is definitely stressful trying to get a team ready for FW only to have to wait a week to test it. You're currently forced to see what opens in three days and work on that team while ignoring whatever crypt is currently open.

Edit: I also like other peoples suggestions where all crypts are open and every day we are alloted 24 keys to use as well please.
Sep 25, 2019, 15:0009/25/19
05/18/19

i would like that the boss (level 7) not be so hard, if you try to kill him, in early is imposible.

please do it more easy.

Sep 25, 2019, 15:0009/25/19
06/01/19
Have one open 24hrs, one for 72. Then greatly lower the cost of removing gear. For instance your general silver rewards are 100k. That's generally two pieces of gear. It costs roughly 500k to regear someone fully. That's a bit much to do for multiple characters
Sep 25, 2019, 15:0109/25/19
08/02/19

I think the current system works because its very much in-line with the dungeon system. However, I think special events where a 2nd/3rd dungeon/crypt are open for a special period (2-3 Days) and possibly feature slightly better rewards than normal ( higher chance at better drops) and progress rewards like dragon/spider events would be cool

Sep 25, 2019, 15:0209/25/19
05/24/19
How about setting up the stars like campaign? The only way to get 3 stars is to have 5 champions of that faction with no loses.  Which means you have to lvl up gear up champions that without faction wars people may not do or need or want 5 champions of a certain faction. I keep the champions I want regardless of faction. So some days I cant even play faction wars. 
Sep 25, 2019, 15:0209/25/19
02/16/19

I think rather than worrying about when crypts are open, you should look at the insane difficulty scaling and poor rewards given from faction wars. Most of the people I know are currently ignoring FW not because of crypt availability issues, but because the difficulty is insane and the rewards are lackluster.

That being said, you should give us 6-12 "general" keys every day, that can be used on any crypt at any time. Most people will only have 1 FW viable team.

I would also suggest new daily/weekly/monthly rewards tied to completing crypts, rewarding bonus energy. This will 100% increase FW engagement, especially if it is a daily quest.

Sep 25, 2019, 15:0309/25/19
05/13/19
I'm personally fine with 24 hours, however I do have issue with having to withdraw and deposit my champions over and over again. Could there be a way for us to select from our Vault ONLY for faction wars? Or a separate storage we would have to purchase that are specific to faction war slots, or maybe it doesn't even have to be "extra" storage. Have it so we can mark X amount of champions as faction war champions in our vault, so it wouldn't even be extra space as much as a special tag that would qualify them to join Faction wars. 
Sep 25, 2019, 15:0409/25/19
03/28/15
I personally would like to see the ability/skill "Fear" taken away and help reduce the difficulty.
Sep 25, 2019, 15:0409/25/19
06/11/19

I wouldn't mind seeing them open for longer especially since the harder ones require manual play. If I don't get to them in the evening after daily reset I probably won't do them as is since my longest opportunity to get in there is during the work day currently. 

As a side-note, the current vault/champ management and having to search for champs, pull champs in/out of the vault every day, remembering what was on what team, etc is a very large deterrent to me even bothering to do the low tiers for most factions at this point. I would love to see some additional storage type that allows you to set aside faction wars champs so that they are accessible in the faction war game mode yet kept from cluttering your main inventory and being mixed in with food. If it was easier just to quickly hop into FW and spend my keys on auto or manual and not have to manage champs daily I might end up getting into the crypts more often each day even on the current time schedule. 
Sep 25, 2019, 15:0509/25/19
03/27/19
Having one Crypt stay open for a few days would be welcome change. I like the current one day rotation system, but I see no harm in it. Ideally a 3rd keep would be added to the rotation and kept open for 3 days I think. Regardless, if this is what players want I support it. It doesn't seem to affect me much either way.
Sep 25, 2019, 15:0609/25/19
03/15/19

Ok thoughts summarised:

Cool idea with multiple issues:

Scaling:

Scales Way too fast. Level 6 is achievable with 1 x 6s champ. First boss needs at least 2 x 6s. By level 12 you need basically 5 x 6s champs with great gear. By level 15 you need 5 x 6s legendaries with amazing gear. That's insane!!!

Space:

Speaking of needing 5 x 6s champs. Where do we store them all? Currently there are not crypts for all of them, but there are 13 factions. 5 champs for each... do you see where I'm going with this? That's a ton of storage space.

Rewards:

Overall, the glyphs are kinda useless.

The speed glyphs are very useful.

The hp% and def% have some use, but unless you're already amazingly strong, you can't get glyphs that give significant  boosts...and if you are strong enough, you probably don't need much. A few % isn't much use.

The flat hp/def/att are totally useless. 

And there is no CR or CD glyphs.

Basically the prizes aren't worth the difficulty, and if you can get them, you probably don't need them for anywhere else in the game. And farming glyphs, just to be able to farm better glyphs is kinda...meh.

Overall I love the concept. But you need to make it achievable for players, not insanely hard to get past even level 12. And the prizes need to be better. 

Maybe make it so you can farm something useful, like epic or legendary tomes, or void/ sacred shards at a reasonable drop rate so there is a reason to get good at FW.

And make it so we don't need a crazy amount of 6s champs that we don't have room to store.

One idea I had was maybe if you could bring 2 champions from outside the faction in. That would allow flexibility,  you'd need less champs overall, and the weaker factions wouldn't be nearly impossible.

Hope this feedback is helpful and gets listened to

Sep 25, 2019, 15:0809/25/19
05/13/19

Having one faction open for longer would be great  whilst keeping the 2 factions open for 24 hours. 

The biggest change that needs to happen to make FW more accessible is the SILVER expense. 

Getting your good gear onto sub par hero’s is an expensive waste of resource. 

I’m happy to have challenging content, but I’m just not bothered about trying out most of the factions because of the silver costs of moving/ removing gear. (Not to mention the sheer effort to get so many hero’s to 60 to pass the early levels?!) 

Also worth mentioning, PLEASE REMOVE THE “DESTROY GEAR” button... we all know it’s a scummy move in the hope we delete good gear. 

T

Sep 25, 2019, 15:0909/25/19
09/25/19

Is there any suggestions to beating the first faction boss - I entered a few of them with multiple level 50 heroes and barely made a dent - it seems impossible and extremely frustrating - so I basically stopped playing the factions

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.