(Important Notice) Steel Bowyer Rebalance

(Important Notice) Steel Bowyer Rebalance

Search
Comments
Jul 14, 2019, 07:4107/14/19
Jul 14, 2019, 07:50(edited)
07/14/19

Marius,

I think the issue here is getting a little misconstrued. I completely agree with you on compensation for balance changes. I agree with the logic behind it too. If you give compensation for nerfs people will feel like they are owed compensation for any tiny thing that occurs in game that they disagree with. This is true. We all agree with this.

However, that’s not what happened here. We aren’t asking for compensation because steel bowyer is getting nerfed, we are asking for compensation because plarium made a mistake in releasing the champion before fully testing her. This case is unique and different from a balance change. You’re right, do not compensate the players for nerfs. But compensate the players when they aren’t the ones that messed up. You have already stated that the testing falls on your end, not ours. The mistake falls on your end, not the players. Sticking to your guns, and classifying this mistake as a “balance change” is the wrong attitude when that is not why players are upset. 

I won’t deign to understand marketing or programming or moderating as well as you folks over at plarium do, but I will claim to understand people. (Not better, just the same as you).  Believe me when I say this has nothing to do with anger over a balance change. It has everything to do with anger over being punished for a mistake not made by the players. You can’t honestly tell me that this isn’t a special circumstance after already stating that steel bowyer slipped through the cracks in your testing department? Our compensation isn’t just an apology when people have invested into it, because it wasn’t our mistake. On the other hand if you can state that this isn’t a special circumstance than I suppose what’s the point of having a public affairs department, the people aren’t being heard regardless... 

It’s a great game. Raid is better than the others. It’s going to make money, experiences, and entertainment for a long time to come, but that’s because it’s different. That’s because it does listen to it’s players. That’s because it does understand the relationship between devs and fans. The other games, didn’t get that. Blizzard is one of the largest games with the largest player bases in the world. Take a tip out of their book and not the ones that fail. People left summoner wars, Star Wars, etc for this game because it was different. Don’t become another game on the list by refusing to understand the heart of the problem people are expressing.

We don’t want compensation because you plan on nerfing steelbowyer. We want compensation because it wasn’t our mistake and yet we are the one suffering for it.

If the nerf is meant to keep steelbowyer viable that’s fine and we appreciate that. However, give the books back and let the players decide if the hero is still viable. Some won’t reinvest just to spite you, some will reinvest because they appreciate the changes, but either way the players are still playing. They don’t feel like this was a scheme to get them to waste resources (which I don’t believe to be true for a minute). I’m not trying to  relate a foundation for compensating on nerfs because it isn’t the nerf people are upset about. This is a special circumstance.

Jul 14, 2019, 10:4707/14/19
Jul 14, 2019, 10:49(edited)
05/06/19

My issues with Steel Bowyer's nerfing: 

1) Plarium hasn't decided yet how best to do it, which means, Steel Bowyer was released & easily obtainable from an event without any due diligence testing or checking.

2) in good faith, based on her stats & skills, as per her release, some players who obtained her, made a decision to rank & ascend her fast, in conjunction with the ranking/levelling event that's ongoing. 

3) those of us with now an ascended & R5 Steel Bowyer, can't change our minds now & go for either the epic or Foli, as we need an R4 ascended Steel Bowyer to do so

4) Plarium didn't bother to inform players via the in-game news...so, some players got the information a day or so later...this was important information that warranted an in-game news update.

The issue isn't about just her nerf... it's too late for some players to choose to fuse her for either the epic or Foli...need an R4 ascended Steel Bowyer for that, not an R5 or R6 Steel Bowyer. If Plarium cannot see any issue with the above, there's something wrong with their business ethics...just saying. 

Jul 14, 2019, 22:2907/14/19
06/21/19

Deceitful said:

Seriously? I've wasted so many tomes and food on Pain Keeper and Steel Bowyer. We need some sort of reimbursement for ruining champions. It takes a lot of time and effort to build a champion just to have it nerfed in an instant and destined for the vault.

Agreed, how about an option to reset nerfed legends to their starting rank and level with:

1. chickens reimbursed for increased rank 
  2. skill tomb reimbursed
  3. skill books for compensate for level/energy wasted
  4. potions reimbursed

Only for Painkeeper and Steel Bowyer.

The nerf on Painkeeper was hectic and I wasted so much on her :(
Jul 14, 2019, 22:3207/14/19
Jul 14, 2019, 23:01(edited)
06/07/19

Easy. Make her an epic or legendary. It is an easy change. Why nerf her? Raise her level. 

People who invested in her are happy.

She fits in the power hierarchy, you are happy. 

People that have her continue to pay $$$ to level her up. Your investors are happy. 

You reduce her future chance to be aquired to her new level, and she becomes more rare over time. The game designers are happy.

Everyone wins. Case closed.

MariusAdmin
Jul 15, 2019, 08:2007/15/19
09/04/17

Anesthetic said:

However, that’s not what happened here. We aren’t asking for compensation because steel bowyer is getting nerfed, we are asking for compensation because plarium made a mistake in releasing the champion before fully testing her. This case is unique and different from a balance change. You’re right, do not compensate the players for nerfs. But compensate the players when they aren’t the ones that messed up. You have already stated that the testing falls on your end, not ours. The mistake falls on your end, not the players. Sticking to your guns, and classifying this mistake as a “balance change” is the wrong attitude when that is not why players are upset. 

I appreciate the thoughtful feedback, however, there can be no Champion nerfs that are caused by players as a matter of fact. We have also tested Steel Bowyer, but no amount of pre-release testing can replace a Champion or feature going live and being put to use by the Community. When I say that we recognize the issue and will take steps to avoid it happening again I am not saying "our testers messed up", I am saying "due to numerous reasons the Champion's full potential damage output was not recognized in time, we've taken it into account for future releases". 

We have also taken extra steps for the players. This thread was made specifically to notify them about upcoming changes beforehand - something that was requested numerous times. But our stance on compensation for balance changes remains the same. 
Jul 15, 2019, 10:0107/15/19
05/06/19

1) Reiterating, the information should've been an in-game news update, so that every player got the information on time...many do not access the forum on a daily basis...bear in mind, many got her free from the event.

2) this isn't just about nerfing her, those of us who ranked & ascended her pass R4, can't change our minds to go for the epic or Foli, because she's either at R5 or R6...not sure, how Plarium thinks this is ok...sorry, since, according to the original nerf announcement, she's lol op-ed in clan boss, why didn't the devs test her out there pre release..? Nope, she couldn't have been tested out...clan boss is not hard to test, as it's universal for everyone. 

Please sort out the issue players have in taking her to R5 or higher, & can't use her to fuse for the epic or Foli. That should be compensated...we ranked her, obviously making that choice based on her skills & base stats in good faith...now, she's going to get nerfed, & we can't even sacrifice her to get Foli 😥...& it's not even our fault 😥... it's Plarium messing up this whole Foli fusing event for some of us 😥. What a folly...
Jul 15, 2019, 12:5007/15/19
04/08/19

Hi,

First let me say, MARIUS you are very good at keeping people up to date so Kudos for that. Second, when I see your AVI I want to punch it in the face, in game of course..... because the sales that image comes up with are ridiculous.

Just figured I would add my 2 cents. While I see why everyone is bickering about steel bow they shouldn't, things like this happen in video games all the time. Not only these Gacha games but even on console. Do we get any sort of compensation because of it, hardly ever. The point is, ok you lost some materials (Tomes - some of the rarest in the game) You know there will be more events and more will drop from chests so PLEASE stop bickering about what can't be undone. While it would be nice to see her bumped up to epic, let's be honest she isn't worth the change of color. She is terrible besides her one move and we all know this is a fact no changing that. 

How about we bicker more about how dumb this event schedule was? Like 2 dungeon divers and then 2 summoning events back to back not giving us a chance to recover from the first? But oh we got these here chickens for sale, and these shard packages that are wayyyy overpriced for a mobile game. Come on folks lets bicker about that, something with an actual cause. If you are going to do an event like this you should have planned it better. 95% of the toons that we are grinding for are 150% trash, I am yet to find any that have value because they all look terrible. You are requiring a total of 16 toons for one ok toon. I get it he is a legendary and most people like myself have 0 Legos/legendary pokemon, but at this rate I feel my first one will be from finishing the missions and that would be artbiter... 

Back to the schedule, where in Teleria is the Artifact upgrade event when I had all of this silver? See you folks focus on the wrong things and this is what is wrong with the world today. Play the game, Enjoy, once you don't then delete the game that simple.. Leave Marius he is busy making more Memes for their sales..... 

Jul 15, 2019, 13:0007/15/19
04/25/19

Players will make mistakes all the time, accidently using resources on the 'wrong' characters, but don't come crying to plarium for refunds.

But anyway, all very clear now, plarium messed up somewhere & have told some of the players who use the forums about it. Be grateful for that & go about your business, nothing to see here.

Also check out the new pack offers in game!

(Btw, might want to lock the announcement about steel bowyers new asset worth, come release, just so you don't get more moaners who didn't notice this heads up announcement)

Oops, I've dropped a star off of my google play review for Raid, my mistake, I'll try to make sure it won't happen again. (Just thought I'd let you know)

Jul 15, 2019, 17:0407/15/19
05/13/19
Was it the last star??
Jul 15, 2019, 17:4907/15/19
04/25/19

Demolition2 said:

Was it the last star??

😁 might of been if I was chasing foli after todays news, but no, I generally enjoy playing & would hate to see it go the way of other similar games that purely focus on profit & their big spending players (swgoh, marvel etc.)

Just one straw on the camel, but more will be added, guaranteed.

Jul 15, 2019, 18:4707/15/19
05/13/19
Disregarding the conversation of compensation which isn't relevant to me. Is there a published list on this site or forum noting which champions are on the balance list mentioned? I don't even care about seeing what changes are being made because of course that would be subject to change, but even a list of names would give players something to check against and see "Oh this champions due for re balancing, I should vault them for now".
Jul 15, 2019, 22:5707/15/19
04/22/19

I shelved this game a few weeks ago after 1.8 debuted and checked in today to see if anything had changed. I was not amazed that not only did nothing change, it seems that things got worse.

My sincerest condolences to those that still play. Maybe they'll get it together over in DevLand one day...maybe they won't. I'm betting on the latter. Having wasted my money and hours of my life on this, I'm still pretty mad at the whole situation. I wish I worked in the same building as these guys...you know, because venting in person and likely making the 6 o'clock news is SO much more satisfying than getting your comments deleted.

Will check back in a few weeks for more rants from happy customers!!
Jul 15, 2019, 23:2907/15/19
05/13/19
I have a clan mate, got treefeller on his first run of spider stage 10. Here I am over 200 runs in (most in stage 9, probably the last 30 or so in stage 10) still nothing. But balancing steel bowyer is top priority! How about balancing this fusion challenge? You all are going to have a lot of people quitting over this. Hell I know a few who already have. Good luck making money when your player base plummets.
Jul 19, 2019, 01:2207/19/19
04/27/19
Like many others I ascended steel bowyer to 5 stars when it looked like she was going to be a viable clan boss champion. She's getting nerfed and that sucks but is somewhat understandable considering the power of her A3 compared to most rares and epics. However, what isn't understandable is why we can't take our 5 and 6 star Steel Bowyers and at least do something useful with them by using them in the Foli fusion. This just seems like it would be a quality of life improvement to allow champions that have been ascended beyond the minimum requirement to be sacrificed as part of a fusion. It would allow players to actually make use of that champion for a period of time and eventually trade it in as part of a fusion for a better champion. It seems like that was the original intent of the whole fusion mechanic. The requirements as they are now seem arbitrary and restrictive for no real reason. Is there any chance we might see this mechanic changed before the end of the Foli event? I imagine it could be a way to offer an olive branch to an upset community without providing resets or compensation for the nerf. 
Jul 20, 2019, 14:4307/20/19
03/10/19
Hey there folks. I just picked up steel Bowyer a few minutes ago and I am now reading this thread. I'm not sure how significant the rebalance was. Does she still pack a solid punch against the clan boss now? Or should I not bother with leveling her up and use her as food instead?? 
Jul 22, 2019, 08:2307/22/19
05/27/19
Nerf has not happened yet 
Jul 22, 2019, 16:5207/22/19
02/22/19
kane916916 said:

Well yes it has, A3 no longer deals dmg based on max hp. The rebalancing however has not happened yet.
Jul 22, 2019, 18:4107/22/19
03/21/19
MadCo0kie said:

kane916916 said:

Well yes it has, A3 no longer deals dmg based on max hp. The rebalancing however has not happened yet.
Nerf has NOT happened yet.  SB A3 description still reads: "Attacks all enemies 3 times.  Damage increases according to enemy MAX HP.  Damage based on: [Enemy MAX HP][ATK]."
Jul 23, 2019, 07:1007/23/19
02/22/19
Unknown_Ranger said:

MadCo0kie said:

kane916916 said:

Nerf has NOT happened yet.  SB A3 description still reads: "Attacks all enemies 3 times.  Damage increases according to enemy MAX HP.  Damage based on: [Enemy MAX HP][ATK]."
Yep, true. I don't have her ascended to 3 due to having read the nerf post beforehand, but used her on CB and infight you don't see the ascended info.
Jul 23, 2019, 07:4207/23/19
Jul 23, 2019, 07:43(edited)
06/29/19

Yea.. This might be it for me. "Discovered" this champ by myself (not reading about it), and found her very usefull. Invested a lot in her, and got almost maxed on skills. Lvl50, and ascended. If she goes in the dumpster, without heavy reimbursements, I'll ask for refunds, and uninstall. This is just sad. Why bother investing in a good hero if this is how that turns out. Need to invest everything in someone mediocre, so at least they won't be touched...

If this is a problem, make her legendary. Can't be such a huge problem that many owns her already. 

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.