(Important Notice) Steel Bowyer Rebalance

Search
MariusAdmin
Jul 10, 2019, 19:3907/10/19
09/04/17

Hello, everyone!

Some of you may have already seen the Champion that goes by the name of Steel Bowyer - she is a new Dark Elf Champion of the Force Affinity, we had her available as a mid-tier Event reward not too long ago.

Unfortunately, we noticed a number of issues with her performance recently. Steel Bowyer was always meant to be a powerful Rare Champion, however, when it comes to Clan Boss, she is outperforming too many Epic and Legendary Champions that should be performing the same role as her. This is not something that she was intended to do despite the initial goal when she was being created.

As such, we will be adjusting her damage output as soon as we are able. While we will do our best to keep her a viable Champion, she will not be able to pull of things she can right now with the Clan Boss.

All those leveling her right now, please pause until these adjustments come through. At the moment, I have no information apart from the fact she will be changed - not even how she will be changed - and will do what I can to keep you guys apprised.

Further information will be posted here as an update. Please accept our apologies for the situation and keep your ear to the ground, I will be getting back to you later.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 10, 2019, 19:5907/10/19
04/13/19
All the issues that have plagued the game for a while that get ignored but god forbid a rare do better than expected....gots to fix that right away.
Jul 10, 2019, 21:3707/10/19
08/02/18
Sweet, just pushed her to 50 with brews and dumped a dozen skill books on her yesterday.
Jul 10, 2019, 21:4807/10/19
08/20/18
and yet astrolith lord chumpfort and many others still are garbage compared to. greens blues. purples and other legends but stop the press we just realized the blue we gave yous is far too OP..unreal! 
Jul 10, 2019, 21:5807/10/19
05/07/19
UH WHAT!? soo many of us have invested multiple tomes, and time into her? She isnt good enough for a nerf are you serious? you might as well nerf coldheart at this point and piss EVERYONE off. cmon, this is sooo unnecesary. if she is outperforming legendaries, why dont you boost the legendaries??
Jul 10, 2019, 22:2007/10/19
03/07/19

How is the damage being calculated? Is it high because it's hitting 3x? I need to see a vid on picture of it on clan boss.

Would a single hit solve this issue. Keeping the modifiers high for dungeons etc but not to strong for CB? 

This is a big problem might and magic elemental guardians had with their clan boss for a very long time.

Also, after a week Epic 7 started doing nerfs but they added a system that anyone they do nerfs on you can get all your mats back. Even giving players an option to get chickens, silver and such back for PK, SB etc would go a long way toward helping your players. 

Jul 10, 2019, 22:4807/10/19
06/03/19
Seriously? I've wasted so many tomes and food on Pain Keeper and Steel Bowyer. We need some sort of reimbursement for ruining champions. It takes a lot of time and effort to build a champion just to have it nerfed in an instant and destined for the vault.
Jul 10, 2019, 22:5907/10/19
05/05/19
I hope you guys are planning on giving us a way to get back the books we have invested. You literally released the champion less than 2 weeks ago, and now you guys are nerfing her making all the effort a lot of us went trough completely useless. Some of us spent money to make this character good for clan boss. If you don't give us a way of getting the resources back im gonna go demand a refund imedietly. This is scammy!
Jul 10, 2019, 23:0407/10/19
04/02/16
A day and half to get 1500 points in dungeons for fusion character, while trying to grind for champ training event? Sorry not enough time, and although its designed so players buy energy; I am still waiting for 3k of energy lost from freezing. In addition, this energy was bought with $ spent on gems... sooo either give me my energy you owe so I can complete the event or reduce points for event characters. Finally, stop requesting bug reports to send to a third party website; to circumvent the system that is in place to prevent devs from collecting data w/o consent. The app store has rules to prevent this in place for a reason. Thanks
Jul 10, 2019, 23:1607/10/19
05/07/19

This is utter garbage. She is an absolute trash hero outside of clan boss. It's literally her only use. If you nerf her CB damage, then you need to buff her damage to other bosses to make her more consistent with other HP Damage heroes. She does 30% of the damage that Cold Heart and Royal Guard do to dungeon bosses which is ridiculous. She also has less HP than comparable heroes meaning she is a glass cannon and SHOULD deal more damage.

Jul 10, 2019, 23:2407/10/19
04/29/19
So you spend months to develop a champ, People realize her value and do the work for you.   People obviously figured out before you.  I have her a fully ascended, and skilled 50 and you do this less than 2 weeks after her release.  On top of this you nerfed my PK who has the same amount of books invested?  Two nerfed champs in 2 weeks I have invested time AND money in.  You guys are wrong on sooooooo many levels.  Keep it up you will have no players because of this crap.  Its a mistake on your end.  DONT MAKE US PAY FOR YOUR OVERSIGHT.  
Jul 10, 2019, 23:3207/10/19
05/21/19
You are nerfing the trust players have in you. First Pain keeper and now this one? It become a system not a fix. Without compensation to players, you causing players to hold back on spending and investing in champion which is the opposite of what you need. Just my 2 cents...
Jul 10, 2019, 23:4007/10/19
03/21/19
Given that she's been out less than a week I'd say this is pretty fast acting by Plarium.  Considerably better than the Painkeeper situation.  On one hand I feel a little bad for the early adopters who invested heavily into her, since that could also easily be remedied by Plarium, but on the other hand we did just see Painkeeper get nerfed without compensation so I'm less sympathetic with anyone who didn't learn the lesson there.
Jul 10, 2019, 23:4907/10/19
05/13/19

What testing is being done before a hero is released?

I understand Pain Keeper being nerfed for the health of the game and this one as well. What I don't understand is the oversight in her potential.

Devs, please run simulations on new heroes before releasing them. I should not look at a hero, realize it's potential and shelve it immediately guessing it will be nerfed.
Jul 10, 2019, 23:5807/10/19
07/10/19
Well, that's a wrap for me. I hope your company truly reads through these forums and considers the amount of damage it inflicts on itself, when you guys are constantly pissing on your player base with updates and nerfs such as this. Until there is some serious compensation (i.e. maybe a sacred shard or two), for things like this- I will not be spending anymore on your game. $500 spent so far, as many other have and more. Cheers Plarium.
Jul 11, 2019, 00:1907/11/19
04/07/18
I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt for now on "viable" but I hope you understand that she isn't "viable" right now outside the CB battle.  If you think you need to nerf her down there for balance, that is fine, but please don't JUST reduce the CB damage output.  Boost her somewhere else so that she is useful in some dungeons.  That will quell the discontent.  If you just ratchet down the CB damage output she will go from OP to broken.  
Jul 11, 2019, 00:2807/11/19
04/23/19

I get the need to change her, but why is there no mention of how players who invested time into her will be compensated? Luckily I haven't invested into her yet, but I'm going to be cliche and pull from your own youtube "Do's and Don'ts" video since i'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet...

"DON'T WASTE YOUR SKILL TOMES! Skill tomes are an extremely rare commodity... Wasting skill tomes to skill up weaker champions is one of the biggest rookie mistakes ... Upgrading champion skills can be the difference maker in transforming a champion from just being 'kind of useful' to an all-out monster... Think before you commit your limited resources"

So, who is committing the rookie mistake here? Does this mean I should I wait a year before I every invest in any champion for fear that plarium will just turn my all-out monster into a "kind of useful" champion? I and the player-base do not want to make rookie mistakes here, and I would hope you wouldn't either. I get that balancing champions is hard, but do the right thing please. 

Giving back resources in the forms of chickens, potions, skill books (and maybe silver?) should have been mentioned somewhere.

Jul 11, 2019, 00:3107/11/19
06/19/19
Going to have to agree with everyone here. The amount of resources and time investing in a hero is no joke. I understand that balancing the game is important, but you need to reimburse the people that put work into their champion. All other games I have played in the past go to great effort to ensure fair compensation when they rebalance things. I do not see why you guys should get a pass on this.
Jul 11, 2019, 00:4507/11/19
05/13/19
Oh great... just dumped a month's worth of gem, brews and tomes leveling her to 5* full ascension. Hehehehe..... he.
Jul 11, 2019, 00:4907/11/19
Jul 11, 2019, 02:37(edited)
03/24/19

So basically  you are telling all of us out here that can't  afford to spend $1,000's or more on summoning shards to just piss off...

I get a good champion that I can build, and be competitive against the CB and you decide that I shouldn't be able to compete with the Legendary roster that someone else has paid for.!!!

So it comes down to money. I'm  sorry little Billy got his feelings hurt because he paid a lot of money and pulled 1 Legendary champion that is useless. And I recognized the potential in a rare champion, invested in it, and it worked.

Make her A3 attack a 2 hitter and call it rebalanced
Jul 11, 2019, 00:5307/11/19
05/20/17

This is a joke. So when you guys release a Hero. First is better to wait a few weeks before start to level up. Because if the hero is good you will nerf it, Without thinking on the effort that the players put on level up, gear, masteries and skills.

I think if you nerf a champion you need to give the chance to all players to get back the tomes used in the skills. I think is the minimum
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.