All Categories

Break before Next Events

Break before Next Events

Search
Comments
Jun 26, 2019, 08:0406/26/19
04/24/19
So, are artifact enhancement events ever happening again?  Seemed to be missed in the current rotation.
MariusAdmin
Jun 26, 2019, 08:2506/26/19
Jun 26, 2019, 08:26(edited)
09/04/17

Devil D Matos said:

I agree.

We are all mad with this situation, and its your fault. If you are not sure if you go release or not. Stop with the teasers. Stop with the "Friday we have an amazing new event, please start to collect things, because will be amazing...."

It is a clear matter of personal preference, as the lack of news in general for a week or so has inspired overwhelming frustration in the community. But then, cannot always please everyone :) Though we are not pleased with delays, they are not going to be a constant issue - it's one of the strategic improvements the Dev Team is working on.

Teasers will also continue to be posted, it is a standard scheme we and many other companies uphold, they show what can be expected in the upcoming updates.

Smerf said:

So, are artifact enhancement events ever happening again? Seemed to be missed in the current rotation.

Event order is not set in stone. So don't worry, Artifact Enhancement will happen again in the future.
Jun 26, 2019, 08:2806/26/19
03/16/19

Cirilla said:

Hello, ladies and gentlemen! Just wanted to give you a heads up about what you can expect in terms of events in the coming week. When the current Dungeon Divers event is over, there will be a 4-day break before the next set of events kicks in. Those are going to be pretty intense and will definitely require your effort. So, we have decided to give a break so that you could prepare for the events well. Telling you as a player, the events are going to be really useful. Wish you all the luck in completing them!   

Hi Cirilla for next event can you please change it into dungeon diver or artifact enhancement ? Summon rush still too early. We just did it 2 weeks ago. Next event should be dungeon diver first, followed with artifact enhancement then after that Summon rush again. 

Or perhaps if possible maybe you can add new event likes potion / scroll hunter.  
Jun 26, 2019, 10:1406/26/19
03/15/19
other summ event for p2w gg wp :)
Jun 26, 2019, 11:1106/26/19
02/22/19
hey guys, please just get rid of all your shards so we can release the update finally, which includes tons of new heroes which all are better than what's currently available *cough cough*
Jun 26, 2019, 12:0506/26/19
04/07/18

CS Team,

I feel for you with all the heat being thrown your way.  The last couple of posts should have gotten your antennae up for a potential firestorm.  Is a summoners event right now really a good idea?  That is like sewing the wind at this point.  If you follow it by dropping 1.8 and there are a bunch of new heroes that can be pulled from shards in the update, you are going to reap the whirlwind.  Likewise, if there AREN'T a bunch of new heroes, the people who passed on the events whilst sitting on piles of shards will come down on you no matter how otherwise cool the update is.  I know that any event requires resources of some kind and that those resources could be put to use working the new content, but shards are the most expensive in game resource (ancient and above) and if people feel you enticed them to deplete a supply right before dropping a big new incentive to pile them up they are going to be furious.  

Would it not possibly be a good idea to just tell everyone via your "NEWS" feature in game whether the update "coming soon" features new heroes that can be pulled from shards?  You surely know at this point whether that will or will not be true even if you do not know exactly when the update will drop.  
Jun 26, 2019, 13:2006/26/19
04/07/18
Just want to add you do not need to change the event.  I can see from the teasers why you might have skipped Dungeon Divers right before the update.  Just tell people enough to decide if they want to use shards or wait.
Jun 26, 2019, 15:2806/26/19
02/13/19
Rush13 said:

I agree with all others about the summoning event right before patch. Your going to piss off a lot of people including myself if this update isn’t out in time for this summoning event. Better change the event or push patch 1.8
Why would they care if they can always sell shard packages before and during the 1.8 update? People will still buy them. Business 101 my friend.
Jun 26, 2019, 20:4706/26/19
03/16/19

zhangxuangel said:

Business 101 my friend.

I'm curious if it's in*cough*petence or actual well-thought-out marketing strategy. I mean it's basically a bait-and-switch that works for now, with the influx of new players. However, it's not sustainable in the long run. People finish campaign, figure out it's nothing more but a boring finger trainer (hit "repeat" every minute for 3 hours, every day) and leave. Or worse, file complaints to every organization they can think of.

With the whole "apple delayed it" situation, why not submit it for review, wait for it to be approved and only then post the teasers? I mean, "ready" normally means "ready 2 weeks before planned release date".

With the whole "developers are humans, we had unexpected stability issues, blah blah" - you set milestones, you set release cycles. You realize that your product has to pass internal QA and then app store reviews before it can be released. You plan ahead. How much time is required to implement X? How much time is required to verify Y? Are we ready for app store review? There were no major updates since Shamrock fusion (February?) - that's a lot of time for proper planning.

With "Summon Rush before 1.8" - precisely as mentioned by WUNDIGORE - let's waste all the shards now and look at all the shiny new champs added the next day. It defies logic. Artifact upgrade would be the most neutral-to-positive event.

MariusAdmin
Jun 27, 2019, 12:1806/27/19
Jun 27, 2019, 12:19(edited)
09/04/17
kalo said:

With the whole "apple delayed it" situation, why not submit it for review, wait for it to be approved and only then post the teasers? I mean, "ready" normally means "ready 2 weeks before planned release date".

Because that is not how teasers work. The situation with 1.8 is not normal, and the teasers were planned and created with a specific date in mind for the Update to go live. If your idea was followed, two or more teasers would have to be dropped on the same day - right before the Update too - while leaving the weeks leading up to the Update completely devoid of information. Whether or not you think that is best personally is irrelevant, the lack of information about upcoming features is not something the community in general takes positively.
Jun 29, 2019, 11:4006/29/19
Jun 29, 2019, 13:18(edited)
01/17/19

Hi, 

There is no doubt that some updates and teasers for the upcoming events are necessary, as they help to build good rapport with the community. TBH, I might be one of the loudest voices on the forum asking for it. And I see the increased number of community updates as an improvement. 

However, these teasers and updates are not followed through. Which makes them more of a false promise, rather than a source of excitement and joy. So when players realize that they have been let down once again, a second wave of frustration and disappointment starts to build up. 

I would imagine, that this 1.8 update situation is abnormal. And it is very tricky to handle such a huge delay well. But I can't understand why everyone is trying to act as if it is not a big deal, and push teasers, events, updates as they were planned beforehand. We are at least 2 weeks overdue on the "big 1.8". And I guess we might have to wait a bit longer still. It is a great shame that this gap is no filled with some good and useful events, great deals, etc. In that case it would look like the company is trying to deal with the issue rather than downplaying it. Promising more and delivering less is not that good of a practice, really.

Jun 29, 2019, 14:0006/29/19
04/07/18

Angry Lady has a point.

The goal of the "game" the developers are playing is to maximize the return on their hard work.  When you have the problems that are occurring right now,  that stinks if this is your livelihood and many recognize it is largely beyond the developers true control.  But one point to consider is that you are burning through goodwill and that burn isn't on a straight arithmetic projection.  It gets worse over time.  To maximize the long term financial return on the game, you need to keep your player base engaged.  The forum following crowd is a small (and rather angry) segment of that population.  You also have segments on Discord and Reddit.  Your biggest segment is not on any of those and the silence in game right now is deafening.  They have to be disengaging and you must see that in your server stats.  Nobody is happy.  One solution to this would be to do new and exciting things that do not require new code.  Sell a pack of three void shards for $4.99, for example.  Sell three ancient shards for $0.99.  Give away a shield armor set on a random tuesday.  Do a  range of these that are well outside the norm but do not wreck the game - and say you are doing it because of the delay.  That lets people know you care and keeps people logging in to see what you will do next.  It also douses some of the anger (you will still get scorched on the forums, sorry, some people like to complain).    
Jun 30, 2019, 00:0506/30/19
04/13/19

People should keep in mind that it is not easy to give out info that you yourself dont have or have not possibility to control that info. If 100 people ask me when will the sun rise and I am not allowed to say "I dont know", what can I say then? "Soon" is the only word I can think of. Cause I know it will rise eventually.

In my opinion, Marius is doing a great job as a community manager. He always stay calm and trying his best to help out whenever possible. But he doesnt always have info lying on his desk like a fruit basket in the morning. And he works as a middle man so he cant always give you everything right.

Talking about info I feel sorry for Cirilla, she wants to help calm angry people down in anyway possible. When she got some info from Developers she came running to this little forum and post it right a way. Little did she know that her info was inaccurated. And what did you guys do to her? You throw stones at her like she was a troll. Poor girl. (One of those stone was mine, the tiny small one, sorry) :3

So, be nice people. Everybody is doing their job hard. Nobody want you guys to be happy more than this company. Be sure of that.

Jun 30, 2019, 03:4806/30/19
12/30/18

@Willham

You have only been around for a short amount of time. I imagine most of the criticism is stemming from those of us with 6+ months of being subjected to "coming soon" for far too long. 

Currently I am bored and am playing less. All these great things supposedly being released 'soon' but with little info has forced me to save gems, energy, silver etc. Nothing to do but arena, try and get clan boss hits in before killed and wait in frustration.

Some updates that have been promoted as great new content in the past (when actually happened)  have turned out to be poor. Sometimes the excuse was not able to implement and will be added later or they underestimated the quality.

One note if no one is complaining or criticizing then no one is playing. The feedback shows a lot of people are enjoying the game for the most part. 

I am holding out until I see what is coming but if is much longer or a dud I think my time in game will come to an end.

Jun 30, 2019, 07:5506/30/19
Jun 30, 2019, 08:27(edited)
05/13/19

Cirilla said:

Hello, ladies and gentlemen! Just wanted to give you a heads up about what you can expect in terms of events in the coming week. When the current Dungeon Divers event is over, there will be a 4-day break before the next set of events kicks in. Those are going to be pretty intense and will definitely require your effort. So, we have decided to give a break so that you could prepare for the events well. Telling you as a player, the events are going to be really useful. Wish you all the luck in completing them!   

How about @Cirilla or any other Community Managers takes a look at this issue:

https://plarium.com/forum/en/raid-shadow-legends/679_payment-issues/135816_banned-for-7-days-for-cancelling-the-monthly-subscription/

This is messed up!

Jul 1, 2019, 04:4107/01/19
Jul 1, 2019, 04:44(edited)
03/16/19

Marius said:

kalo said:

Because that is not how teasers work. The situation with 1.8 is not normal, and the teasers were planned and created with a specific date in mind for the Update to go live. If your idea was followed, two or more teasers would have to be dropped on the same day - right before the Update too - while leaving the weeks leading up to the Update completely devoid of information. Whether or not you think that is best personally is irrelevant, the lack of information about upcoming features is not something the community in general takes positively.

Angry Lady said:

However, these teasers and updates are not followed through. Which makes them more of a false promise, rather than a source of excitement and joy. So when players realize that they have been let down once again, a second wave of frustration and disappointment starts to build up. 

Yeah, that was my point here. Announce new feature when you're 200% sure it's ready for production. Do incremental updates. I would assume, if let's say you follow 2-week sprints, you could plan 6* items for 1 sprint, new fusion for another sprint, new champs for third, new tournament etc.

Then you verify and bundle these incremental deliveries, pass to app store for validation and when validation is passed - schedule app update to be available in the store in 2 weeks, only then release the teaser, and start working on next sprint. This way you get stable pipeline for continuous delivery.

Some upcoming features would have a fixed delivery date, like tournament, so you could prioritize them over others. Some sudden stability issues could be prioritized, no problem. But the main point here - do not announce new feature until it's bundled for next app update.

If 2 weeks is not enough for some feature - no problem, plan it for 2 sprints, but add minor stability improvements or champ fixes in sprint 1.

It's easier said than done, but if you can pull it off, we all get monthly or bi-weekly updates, even minor ones, and steady feedback from Plarium. And most importantly, we'll know that when you announce something - it will be in game in 2 weeks, not in some "coming soon" abstract future.

MariusAdmin
Jul 1, 2019, 07:4707/01/19
09/04/17

kalo said:

It's easier said than done, but if you can pull it off, we all get monthly or bi-weekly updates, even minor ones, and steady feedback from Plarium. And most importantly, we'll know that when you announce something - it will be in game in 2 weeks, not in some "coming soon" abstract future.

Again, this is not quite how it all works in reality, nor would it particularly help matters if something goes wrong - the same delay would be there, you'd just be left without any information as to what to expect at best.

And I have to reiterate again that issues with 1.8 were not foreseen, it's not exactly something that could be accounted for when planning the schedule for teasers.

Jul 1, 2019, 08:3307/01/19
03/03/19

Hey Marius,

Any news on the update?

Thx

Jul 2, 2019, 20:1107/02/19
06/07/19
Are we there yet?
Jul 3, 2019, 02:4607/03/19
03/13/19

looks like steve is driving the buss

sorry tried to crop the picture with html but didnt work. 

but maybe marius or someone from plarium can post a bit.ly for an APK or exe for plarium play ;) 

maybe we can get this to work?  style="width:200px;height:100px