Question - Answer from our Game Designers

Search
MariusAdmin
Jul 30, 2018, 13:4007/30/18
09/04/17

Greetings, Warriors! 

Over the course of the past two weeks we have noticed a number of prominent suggestions that arise both in the game itself through chat, on the forums and in unofficial communities. As we could not answer suggestions such as this that are not posted on the forums directly, we asked for the help of one of our players, Folier, in creating a comprehensive list of matters that are talking about frequently in the player base. Our Game Designers have taken a thorough look and answered to the best of their abilities. 

You can find this Q&A below!

Suggestion 1: We would like to see the option to add Friends in the game and allow gifts to be sent between on a regular basis.

Game Dev Response: This is one of the features we plan to add in the future. We want to make certain your in-game Friends have meaning, and as such we will look into ways of providing that meaning.

Suggestion 2: In addition to the feature above, allow Friends to “borrow” a single Champion from one another in order to compete in certain PvE quests.

Game Dev Response: The “Friends” feature is in the planning stages right now, so it’s a bit too early to talk about details. Preliminary, we are not planning Champion sharing as it would require difficulty balance of different Stages to be reworked.

Suggestion 3: When it comes to Dungeons, it can be difficult to guess which Stage to go for in order to get the kind of Artifact or Potion that we need. Could we have a visual display, showing what Stage can grant items of a certain quality for completion?

Game Dev Response: Yes, that is something we are planning to do!

Suggestion 4: Can we get Gems as a reward for completing higher-level Stages of Dungeons instead of Mystery Shards?

Game Dev Response: Shards of different kinds are not meant to be the main reward that players receive by completing Dungeons. That role is reserved for powerful items such as high-level Artifacts and Potions.

Suggestion 5: Can we have additional Dungeons with a limited number of attempts that would allow us to win Gems, Silver or Energy.

Game Dev Response: We are not planning to add Dungeons like that. At the moment you can raise a lot of Silver by selling Artifacts you do not need if you fight at the Dragon’s Lair often. Energy can be refilled by completing Daily Quests. And on top of that, we are planning to include a system of daily rewards into the game (that will include an energy refill) in the near future.

Suggestion 6: It would be cool if Dungeons Bosses had their Skills change depending on the difficulty of the Stage.

Game Dev Response: That is already happening! Perhaps not quite as radical as obtaining a whole new Skill, but the ones they do have become much more powerful on higher Stages.

Suggestion 7: It would also be useful to see the Skills that specific Dungeon Bosses have so it would be easier to put together a more appropriate Champion Team to take on them.

Game Dev Response: As it stands, you can check Boss Skills by tapping on their icons below the Boss’ HP Bar during the battle, that will bring up a full Skill description. We will also cover on these Skills in our upcoming Dungeon guides. Still, we are going to consider adding some sort of preview on the Champion selection screen.

Suggestion 8: Add an option to sort Champions out by Affinity on the Battle Selection screen. In the future, when we have a lot more Champions it will be difficult to find the ones we need for a specific Battle.

Game Dev Response: Thank you for the suggestion! We are going to try and add and option like that to the UI.

Suggestion 9: Will there be more slots added to the Tavern? You mentioned adding an option to summon Champions from Mystery Shards en masse and it would be inconvenient to go back to the Tavern every couple of summons to clear it out.

Game Dev Response: In the future, definitely. As new Champions will be added to the game, so too the number of slots in the Tavern will have to increase.

Suggestion 10: Did you consider adding a “Training” mode to test new Champions, Artifact Sets for them and so on?

Game Dev Response: No, we do not plan to add that. If we simply add dummies for the Champion to batter, it will tell you very little about their Skills and abilities at best. And if we add an option to tweak the opposing Team in this Training mode, it would allow players to test multiple strategies without spending Arena Tokens before attacking their opponent in the Arena with the one that works best. And in turn this would not be very healthy for the competitive factor of the Arena.

Suggestion 11: Allow to choose our avatar from any image in our media gallery.

Game Dev Response: It would be a cool feature to add, sure. Unfortunately, it would allow for usage of inappropriate imagery to shock, insult or “troll” other players. This would be incredibly difficult to moderate and we are not planning on adding a feature like that.

Suggestion 12: It would be awesome to see Faction bonuses, such as a Champion’s Aura skill giving extra ATK or C. RATE or the like for Banner Lord Champions as an example.

Suggestion 13: Add Faction-specific dungeons, perhaps add Faction market with useful items that can only be obtained there.

Game Dev Response: Factions are definitely a thing and we are looking for all kinds of ideas to make them stand out more. Thanks for the suggestion!

Suggestion 14: Add a multiplier that will guarantee a higher-tier Potion dropping after a certain number of tries.

Game Dev Response: We are planning to add a Potion Crafting system, so spending Energy on your Dungeon crawling will never be in vain again.

Suggestion 15: We’d like to see Achievements such as “Obtain 10 Champions of this specific Faction” or “Complete the 10th Stage of the Dragon’s Lair with Champions of Attack, Defense and HP type” or something of this sort.

Game Dev Response: We are planning to add achievements in our future updates, so keep an ear to the ground!

Suggestion 16: A few suggestions for the Arena: make an additional “Attacker’s Arena Defense” tab or just show it in the logs somehow, add a button akin to “Revenge” to make a counterattack easier, add an option to create a video of the Offense/Defense battle and make it possible to link it in the chat.

Game Dev Response: The first and second suggestion are going to be implemented, we have been thinking of something similar already. The third one would require huge resources and could potentially slow the game down significantly. We are going to think about it regardless, perhaps there is a way to optimize that feature, but no guarantees can be given.

Suggestion 17: Can something be done about duplicate summons from Void Shards or of Epic and Legendary Champions? There are cases of people summoning 4 of the same Void Champion.

Game Dev Response: We are definitely going to work on that. Void Champions can get more duplicates right now as there are less Rare Void Champions than there are of other Affinities. But we will strive to make summoning Champions as fair as possible.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 31, 2018, 10:4007/31/18
07/18/18

The most asked question wasn't covered.

Why are the in-app purchases so expensive?Some cost far more than a new release AAA console or pc game. But offer very little in terms of content.
MariusAdmin
Jul 31, 2018, 15:2507/31/18
09/04/17

Pack pricing is not really something Game Designers work with or would be to go into detail about. Instead, they focus on matters of game balance, upcoming features and so on.  This is generally what the Q&As directed to them will be aimed at.

Jul 31, 2018, 18:4707/31/18
Jul 31, 2018, 18:55(edited)

I would like champions that are used as star promotion material to give a skill upgrade if the same champion is used.

This is what players are used to having played similar games. I mean, why not? I can't think of any good reason why this shouldn't be implemented.

Example:

I have a lvl30 3star champion and want to upgrade his star level to 4.

I use 3 lvl1 3star Hound Spawns as upgrade material.

I want 2 things to happen.

1. Star level increased to 4
  2. Hound Spawn gains 3 random skill upgrades

Jul 31, 2018, 19:2407/31/18

Marius said:

Suggestion 17: Can something be done about duplicate summons from Void Shards or of Epic and Legendary Champions? There are cases of people summoning 4 of the same Void Champion.

Game Dev Response: We are definitely going to work on that. Void Champions can get more duplicates right now as there are less Rare Void Champions than there are of other Affinities. But we will strive to make summoning Champions as fair as possible.

Could you please clarify the Response on "Suggestion 17". The current summoning system has flaws and will be changed in future?

Jul 31, 2018, 19:5007/31/18
Jul 31, 2018, 20:04(edited)
09/17/14

I would go one step further and say if you upgrade with all of the same toon then either your character doesnt go all the way back to lv1 or your not required to have the burns on the same rank, why is this good? it makes building common and uncommon toons quicker and easier so that they may actually be used in the arena as 6* toons! if you are worried about them being used as burns for high rank characters then put a block on using common and uncommon toons when upgrading legendary and epics, it just seems a shame that so many toons are just simply made useless in this game, Simply because nobody in there right mind would burn 5 5* toons to upgrade a common character to 6*!

LEGACY said:

I would like champions that are used as star promotion material to give a skill upgrade if the same champion is used.

This is what players are used to having played similar games. I mean, why not? I can't think of any good reason why this shouldn't be implemented.

Example:

I have a lvl30 3star champion and want to upgrade his star level to 4.

I use 3 lvl1 3star Hound Spawns as upgrade material.

I want 2 things to happen.

1. Star level increased to 4
  2. Hound Spawn gains 3 random skill upgrades

MariusAdmin
Aug 1, 2018, 10:0108/01/18
09/04/17

rvm1975 said:

Could you please clarify the Response on "Suggestion 17". The current summoning system has flaws and will be changed in future?

I would not read it quote like that, no. We are going to look into ways of making the summoning of duplicate Void Champions less frequent. Though granted, this issue will naturally resolve once we have more Champions with that Affinity. What the designers mean, however, is that they will be keeping a close eye on feedback as well as game data to ensure that Raid is as fun and fair as possible to all our players.

@Legacy and Forthek

It's an interesting idea for certain. Though I think it is unavoidable that you will have to lose Champions that you use for the Rank Up.

Just one request: could you guys post it in the Feedback & Suggestions section of the Forum in the future? It will be much easier to track player ideas and requests when they are confined to the forum specified for them.

Sep 18, 2018, 23:5609/18/18
08/28/18

I think the training option is important. It should be available to anyone online at a given time to be able to battle one one another in a skirmish setting. This feature could facilitate players battling each other (non ranked) and having them analyze each other relative to their progress without having to code dummy warriors.

//RollOutOnMe

MariusAdmin
Sep 20, 2018, 08:3209/20/18
09/04/17
empiricaldelusion said:

I think the training option is important. It should be available to anyone online at a given time to be able to battle one one another in a skirmish setting. This feature could facilitate players battling each other (non ranked) and having them analyze each other relative to their progress without having to code dummy warriors.

//RollOutOnMe

Something like that is indeed planned, but with certain limits. I'll be posting a thread with community suggestions that have been accepted quite soon!
Oct 14, 2018, 23:3010/14/18
I have already purchased a pack near when I started the game and now I'm tempted to buy a better pack, but the only thing I have against doing so is the frustration of armour upgrade, today after losing all my coin, I have come close to deleting it and not looking back.  There has got to be an easier way to to make it fun. 
Feb 14, 2019, 08:3102/14/19
Xin chào Team Shadow Legends, tôi định viết bằng Tiếng Anh nhưng không biết đủ nhiều để có thể sử dụng được Tiếng Anh 😅. Đầu tiên tôi xin đánh giá đây là một game rất tuyệt vời, tuy nhiên còn một số chức năng cần bổ sung thêm như ADD FRIEND, HẦM NGỤC BÍ MẬT, xin cảm ơn Team nhiều, nếu có Tiếng Việt nữa thì tốt quá.
Apr 14, 2019, 03:4504/14/19
02/24/19

Почему на оффициальном форуме такой жесткий игнор со стороны разработчиков по отношению к игрокам?

Эта часть форума называется Анонсы - так где же анонсы???

Apr 25, 2019, 05:0704/25/19
04/07/19

Dear Sir,

i found that some legendary hero are very bad in every situation like Dracomorph and Lugan the Steadfast.

i understand that we cannot expect hero good at everything but i thing the legendary hero should at least good at somewhere.

Like Dracomorph obviously should good at Clan boss because of his skills, however his basic attack only have one hit and the decrease def effect have only 30% which make him couldn't even use in clan boss.

legendary hero is not easy to get in this game, so i think at least some useless legendary should make it worth to train for some purpose.

Apr 26, 2019, 18:0404/26/19
02/12/19
After reaching level 60 we still receive exp from daily quests. Can it be changed to receive silver instead?
Apr 29, 2019, 13:0204/29/19
Apr 29, 2019, 13:02(edited)
03/11/19
Can you add auto replay? So we wont have to sit thru every battle just to hit replay
Apr 30, 2019, 22:1604/30/19
04/27/19

hi when can we able to play this game on pc and after its release on pc can we able sync are phones progress with it .or do we have to start again from scratch?

May 1, 2019, 22:1305/01/19
May 2, 2019, 19:05(edited)
04/27/19

1. Would be nice re-watch campaign narration vids at any time. It's a good work. Maybe add more history content, about the heroes, locations... and other campaign, in the future.

2. Add option for optimize xp farming and gameplay, like a button "10 Auto-Replay" for campaign stages with 3 stars. Or a "10 victory reward" with a 10~15 minuts cooldown button, locking the heroes while this. It´s fair enough, not so automatic hack like an autoplay and not so painfull like today. People will buy more energy if they can spend it faster!

Thank You.

May 6, 2019, 11:0905/06/19
03/20/19

6 Star and Legendary rarity Artefacts? I find it the most important and needed Feature!  ... 

May 6, 2019, 11:1905/06/19
11/22/17
you should add more set slots for every pg. some kind of 3 slot for each pg, 1 slot for campaing, 1 for the boss and one for the arena that we can switch them as we like. because spending money to change some arctifact is expansive if we would like to change them for every pg everytime that we want
May 8, 2019, 21:2205/08/19
03/16/19

Marius, what's the size of the project team? 

Post a "Meet the team" with photos 'n all. Community shall know its heroes.

May 8, 2019, 22:0705/08/19
03/16/19

Dismember said:

After reaching level 60 we still receive exp from daily quests. Can it be changed to receive silver instead?

What happens if they expend the cap? You would have to start over to level up. But if you continue to gain XP you may jump some levels immediately. Just a thought.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.