All Categories

Tag Team Arena Is Live

Tag Team Arena Is Live

Search
Comments
Jul 13, 2020, 01:2007/13/20
07/13/20
What’s the deal with tag team arena?? Winning 2 out of three matches gives you a “victory” but you can lose points. How does that seem fair. Battle states that each match is worth 3 points. I win the first and third. Results are I get 3 points for winning the 1st and 3rd but lose 17 for losing the 2nd. Final tally is minus 11 points for winning. Laughable. Someone please explain 
GreenKnightCommunity Manager
Jul 13, 2020, 11:2007/13/20
04/06/20

Hi!

Joboo17 said:

What’s the deal with tag team arena?? Winning 2 out of three matches gives you a “victory” but you can lose points. How does that seem fair. Battle states that each match is worth 3 points. I win the first and third. Results are I get 3 points for winning the 1st and 3rd but lose 17 for losing the 2nd. Final tally is minus 11 points for winning. Laughable. Someone please explain 

Wrote about how it works a bit earlier.

A series of battles has three fights, with the same number of points as a bet in each of them. Some examples of how it works:

Any battle with a bet of 10 points will grant the victor 10 points and subtract them from the opponent.

Any battle with a bet of 6 points will grant the attacker if he wins 6 points but will subtract 14 if he loses.

This system is based on the Classic Arena algorithm, in which fighting much weaker opponents is less rewarding and has a higher cost of defeat.

We are working on improvements in our Tag Team Arena matchmaking algorithm. Some changes are already online, and your opponents' pool will be closer to your placement in the rating. 

If you encounter similar discrepancies in the future, please send screenshots to analyze the situation further and improve Arena 3x3 matchmaking.

Have a nice day and stay safe.

Jul 16, 2020, 23:2807/16/20
01/10/20

Is there any chance of reworking slightly the UI in the 3x3 arena?

Instead of showing 4 opportunities per screen with tiny avatars can you make it to show two opponents per screen and double the size of the avatars?

Jul 17, 2020, 14:3207/17/20
04/06/20

Hi!

Diva Roza said:

Is there any chance of reworking slightly the UI in the 3x3 arena?

Instead of showing 4 opportunities per screen with tiny avatars can you make it to show two opponents per screen and double the size of the avatars?

Thank you for the suggestion. I will forward it to the development team. Currently, we are gathering all suggestions on our Discord server, please post your ideas on the #suggestions-log channel.

Link to our discord server:
https://discord.gg/5mSU4S

Have a nice day.

Jul 17, 2020, 23:1307/17/20
03/24/20
Is the game down for anyone else ?
Jul 18, 2020, 08:0407/18/20
05/24/19
I just gave it a go and I'm like WTF? This is so stupid. I'm sticking to the crappy regular arena. This other thing is a joke.
Jul 18, 2020, 21:3107/18/20
01/10/20

. jima1971 said:

I just gave it a go and I'm like WTF? This is so stupid. I'm sticking to the crappy regular arena. This other thing is a joke.

Oh! Come on. It is not a joke. Jokes are funny.

This is the "crappy regular arena" x 3, less the weekly rewards for the next 2 and a half months.

How can it be better?!?

Jul 20, 2020, 12:4007/20/20
04/06/20

Hello!

jima1971 said:

I just gave it a go and I'm like WTF? This is so stupid. I'm sticking to the crappy regular arena.

Diva Roza said:

This is the "crappy regular arena" x 3, less the weekly rewards for the next 2 and a half months.

Sorry to see that you do not enjoy Tag Team Arena. I hope our future developments will interest you. We are working on a couple of improvements to the matchmaking and the Arena mod itself. Also, there will be a number of new features in the game that directly interact with it. For example, the Bazaar (Arena Shop) will be added in the next update.

If you have any suggestions to improve Arena 3x3, please share them with us on our discord server:

https://discord.gg/5mSU4S

Jul 21, 2020, 18:5707/21/20
Jul 21, 2020, 18:57(edited)
01/10/20

Well, it is not that I do not enjoy the 3x arena (not sure why we keep calling it 3x3, as it is in fact only 3x arena).

I'll reserve judgment for after the 12-th week ends. If I keep seeing 12 Lego teams in the bronze levels then most likely I will not be participating actively in the 3x arena, unless you make the bazaar really worth the effort.

Any news on when will we see the bazaar update?

Jul 21, 2020, 20:0707/21/20
03/18/20

tags rubbish my suggestion until they fix the issue look for team with 16 or 17 points available and lose 2 of the 3 and hit it over and over again because they know theres a issue with it but aren't looking at fixing it for at least a month so may aswell farm your 10 tokens on the same guy losing the battle but winning the points

3 v 3 is nearly as broken as normal arena its laughable - whales be loving it

when ever this one time reward comes out there will be plenty of disappointed people because of where they are stuck / sitting

plariums definitely struggling on many issues in their game at the moment and time its taking to fix them is a joke

Jul 22, 2020, 02:0407/22/20
01/10/20

benpountney77 said:

tags rubbish my suggestion until they fix the issue look for team with 16 or 17 points available and lose 2 of the 3 and hit it over and over again because they know theres a issue with it but aren't looking at fixing it for at least a month ....

That will be quite unfair to your fellow player. You will be wining the points, but your opponent will be loosing them.

You will be punishing your peer for the lack of effort on the side of Platinum.
Jul 22, 2020, 13:1307/22/20
12/20/19

The Gold bars at the bottom of the screen in tiers for 3v3 is what you will receive at arena reset.

Jul 23, 2020, 04:0907/23/20
Diva Roza said:

. jima1971 said:

Oh! Come on. It is not a joke. Jokes are funny.

How can it be better?!?

Same feeling here.Who  want to play plus one boring and suffering game mode ? Thx but no thx. Tag team arena teams fullfilled with zero characters.
Aug 4, 2020, 11:4208/04/20
Aug 4, 2020, 12:48(edited)
01/10/20

Can someone explain to me how is it that I loose -11 points on my second battle?

Aug 5, 2020, 11:2508/05/20
04/06/20

Hi!

Diva Roza said:

Can someone explain to me how is it that I loose -11 points on my second battle?

That is an inconsistent visual bug. We are working on the fix and will add it to the game as soon as it is ready.
Sorry for the temporary inconvenience.

Have a nice one.

Aug 5, 2020, 13:1708/05/20
01/10/20
GreenKnight said:

Hi!

Diva Roza said:

That is an inconsistent visual bug. We are working on the fix and will add it to the game as soon as it is ready.
Sorry for the temporary inconvenience.

Have a nice one.

It is not just visual. On the previous screen with the rewards there were only 10 gold bars earned.
Sep 9, 2020, 07:3509/09/20
07/24/20

I don't see battles working out this way. When I lose versus MUCH stronger opponents on defense they are awarded MORE points against my weaker team. I've had several defense battles with -12/+8/-12 or similar when I am far far outmatched.
GreenKnight said:

On the other side I've NEVER received more points for wins than for losses. If I split my battles it's usually +8/-12/+8 or similar. 

I have some screen shots of these results. Is there a detailed explanation of the ranking points in tag team arena, because your post here makes very little sense and does not match my experience with the live game. 

Thank you, 

McChampface

Hi!

Joboo17 said:

Wrote about how it works a bit earlier.

A series of battles has three fights, with the same number of points as a bet in each of them. Some examples of how it works:

Any battle with a bet of 10 points will grant the victor 10 points and subtract them from the opponent.

Any battle with a bet of 6 points will grant the attacker if he wins 6 points but will subtract 14 if he loses.

This system is based on the Classic Arena algorithm, in which fighting much weaker opponents is less rewarding and has a higher cost of defeat.

We are working on improvements in our Tag Team Arena matchmaking algorithm. Some changes are already online, and your opponents' pool will be closer to your placement in the rating. 

If you encounter similar discrepancies in the future, please send screenshots to analyze the situation further and improve Arena 3x3 matchmaking.

Sep 10, 2020, 17:1509/10/20
04/06/20

Hi!

McChampface said:

I don't see battles working out this way. When I lose versus MUCH stronger opponents on defense they are awarded MORE points against my weaker team. I've had several defense battles with -12/+8/-12 or similar when I am far far outmatched.
GreenKnight said:

On the other side I've NEVER received more points for wins than for losses. If I split my battles it's usually +8/-12/+8 or similar. 

The main criterion for Tag Team Arena is placement in your current tier. When you choose your next opponent, you can see how many points you will receive for winning. In the situation described, your opponent most likely had a lower position but a better defensive team.