All Categories

Update Highlights 2.0

Update Highlights 2.0

Search
Comments
Jun 3, 2020, 19:0506/03/20
Jun 3, 2020, 19:06(edited)
03/06/20
I literally only play the Arena cause it’s the only way to upgrade the Great Hall. Why would I be excited about an addition to a feature I’m not a huge fan of? Why can’t we get more PvE stuff? How about some additional story which was severely lacking in the campaign? The void tower? ANYTHING?!
Jun 3, 2020, 23:2606/03/20
05/29/19

I busted my butt for 14 months to build a completely f2p arena team that can deal with whales and even enter the platinum tier occasionally, but now you ask me to do this x3 ???!!!! damn! talk about blatant and uninspired way of utter milking...

plarium (and almost every other game company) you are simply unable to understand that such practices are the exact reason why I remain strictly f2p. I have money to spend and I would gladly buy this game for say 50€, but I will NEVER pay to win. I refuse to be part of the biggest plague to ever hit video gaming since its inception. and I know I'm not alone in this. 

you can keep your greed, gaming will find a way. it always has.
Jun 4, 2020, 08:5506/04/20
04/12/19

panahsvas said:

I busted my butt for 14 months to build a completely f2p arena team that can deal with whales and even enter the platinum tier occasionally, but now you ask me to do this x3 ???!!!! damn! talk about blatant and uninspired way of utter milking...

plarium (and almost every other game company) you are simply unable to understand that such practices are the exact reason why I remain strictly f2p. I have money to spend and I would gladly buy this game for say 50€, but I will NEVER pay to win. I refuse to be part of the biggest plague to ever hit video gaming since its inception. and I know I'm not alone in this. 

but they are not after small spenders.

it is enough to find 1 moron talking to loan sharks to pay for this game and few rockefellers that have no better things to spend money on, and they are set.

then those whales leave of boredom ... and devs shutdown this game, reskin it and launch as completely new title to get same whales again ...

standard circle of business.

quality products were done few decades ago. now it is all about quantity.

Jun 4, 2020, 22:2006/04/20
01/07/20

whales if by chance didn't have a skullcrusher be slaying it in the champ training event the pool im in top guy 14500 points after 7 hrs of release of event 2nd place 7 500 roughly yeah great work plarium

im lucky pulled skullcrusher while back so no need for me to push hard for it although id have no hope competing with whales

one thing I wish plarium would bring out is the ability to watch clan mates battling in arena and clan boss - Ive played fair bit of clash of clans and that ability to watch your clan mates battle in war attacks live is great

Jun 5, 2020, 05:1206/05/20
Jun 5, 2020, 05:18(edited)
03/27/19

great hall should be paid by the clan like other game (by tax or even donations a lot of games are using the method)

i don't like to play with cheater who paid to get champion (a website is hacking and selling heroes) 

so arena is crap 

a web is selling 100 mil silver and 5000 gems for 200 dollar for freaking god sakes 

4 lego for 100 dollars and you want players to play arena 

at least you can shame whales for killing legos but you cannot shame cheater 
GreenKnightCommunity Manager
Jun 5, 2020, 09:4306/05/20
Jun 5, 2020, 09:50(edited)
04/06/20

Hello!

Scrim said:

one thing I wish plarium would bring out is the ability to watch clan mates battling in arena and clan boss - Ive played fair bit of clash of clans and that ability to watch your clan mates battle in war attacks live is great 

We do not plan an addition to this feature. Recording separate occurrences of the battle and having them available on command is a very resource-intensive process, and may harm game technical performance overall. Currently, our development team is focusing on new content and new game modes.

FRANZGARCIA323 said:

great hall should be paid by the clan like other game (by tax or even donations a lot of games are using the method)
i don't like to play with cheater who paid to get champion (a website is hacking and selling heroes)  
so arena is crap  
a web is selling 100 mil silver and 5000 gems for 200 dollar for freaking god sakes  
4 lego for 100 dollars and you want players to play arena  
at least you can shame whales for killing legos but you cannot shame cheater 

We do our best to find and report such fraudulent websites that try to profit from our players trough false claims and fraud services. If possible, please send contact information of such sites to our support team.

Send your report here:
https://plarium-mobile-support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000007492

Have a nice day.

Jun 5, 2020, 23:1006/05/20
05/29/19

ksthecr0w said:

panahsvas said:

but they are not after small spenders.

it is enough to find 1 moron talking to loan sharks to pay for this game and few rockefellers that have no better things to spend money on, and they are set.

then those whales leave of boredom ... and devs shutdown this game, reskin it and launch as completely new title to get same whales again ...

standard circle of business.

quality products were done few decades ago. now it is all about quantity.

I'm talking about gaming as a whole. pc, consoles, mobile. p2w and loot boxes thrive only as much as gamers allow them to. true change can come from the players themselves. it's up to us to stop this plague. if gamers continue spending beyond logic and don't mind being treated as addicted money bags, then they'll simply get the crap that they deserve. but if each and everyone of us refuses to partake in this, this model will die out. 

whales will always exist. they are the same people who use financial means to get on top of others in real life. but in the grand scheme, they're just a fraction of this industry and it's in our hands to isolate them. pc gamers are already boycotting certain overly greedy companies and the indie scene is getting bigger than ever. epic games reveiled their unbelievably powerful and versatile unreal engine 5, which will give small independent developers the opportunity to create triple A games. nintendo switch turned microsoft and sony's attention to true mobile gaming, which can yield games that will make the average android or ios p2w game look like a gameboy title.

I could go on and on about examples that keep me optimistic regarding the future of gaming, but  I feel I'm starting to abuse the freedom of this forum. mods, if my post is considered irrelevant or offensive in any way, please act as you must. 

Jun 6, 2020, 09:0306/06/20
06/06/20

I'm afraid this is the major point. Yes we understand your ultimate goal is to make money, but the free to play users can't help but feel like they've been forgotten. I can't rely on your anniversary Give outs or Update gifts for energy and resources. Listen to your community, look how many of these comments are negative, you can't disregard them. The fact that these people have taken the time to come into the forums is proof that you have got a good game design in place, but that doesn't put you above losing them.

Lets be clear, from a business perspective their goal is to have as many users as possible to cash-out. If that cash-out meant 5 10 dollar increments, I wouldn't be bothered. But $50 to $100??

Is there to be no reward for free-to-play users who have consistently played your game on a daily basis? Does 6 to 8 months, to even a year, of a mobile user sticking to a PLAY store game app hold no merit as to the dedication of the player and the synergy of the game system you've created? Reward it, is all I'm saying.

Keeping this away from a personal vendetta, he he - honestly----- Would a systematic game benefit, rather than a one time Raid Update Gift, or Anniversary Give Out that you guys are so keen of, really break the entire game system?? You must understand that your users completely comprehend how intentional you are being with your micro transaction setup - and in-game resource barriers. The extent, however, at which you've taken them will not come without consequences - which I believe you are already seeing in your numbers - how many people are paying out contrasted against how much money each person that pays out is putting down. I'm willing to wager that you are beginning to rely on a few people spending a LOT of money(adults with the money of Mark Cuban and the mentality of a child), compared to a lot of people paying a little. Which, from a business perspective, is not a healthy indicator of forecasted game longevity.

ksthecr0w said:

GreenKnight said:

I keep seeing people quitting the game, especially because of the energy system. When we ask for a SMALL gesture on this subject by increasing the max energy with the lvl, they categorically refuse.

Any change in the energy system of the game is a major change to the game itself. This change would mean an overhaul in the in-game balance that would likely cause rebalancing of in-game action economy and have lasting adverse effects on the game experience of our playerbase.

Why does it sound like:

'free players will have too much for free and we cannot allow that. in order to give you more energy we would need to lessen drop chances and XP per battle to maintain status quo. That would take too much dev time that otherwise could be spent on inventing new ways to grab money from player wallet ...' 

What other meaning for 'action economy' are you talking about?

Whole action economy can be summarised like this:

- You force scarcity of leg books to be able to list them at 27$ a piece - just for 15$ a piece to be considered 'hot offer'.

- Free energy is not enough to get last reward in event (that is rarely leg book - more times being epic ...). "If leg book can be obtained easier no one would pay even 15$ for it and we cannot allow that"

- You set XP / silver per fight to force free player grinding for a week to get 6* or pay to get it faster.

- More energy would mean free player would be able to get 6* in 4 days of just grind 12-6 (after spending about a year to grind account level to lv100) without paying and this is something you cannot allow.

Jun 6, 2020, 16:5306/06/20
01/29/19
Please Plarium, do something truly great. Make the new a arena 3x3 teams and clan based so that clans have something to do together.
Jun 7, 2020, 14:2306/07/20
02/16/20

Just chiming in as a f2p player, so far I’ve really enjoyed Raid.  I thought battle pass offering a free and paid channel was brilliant and for those willing to spend money it was far and away the best use of $30 in the game to date.  I’m excited for the 3*3 arena and it seems to me that the devs are pushing out new content at what seems a reasonable rate.  They stated in the update that they will take some time after the launch to see how the 3arena shakes out and will make changes from there.  I’m just shy of 4 months in and I’m able to place first in some tournaments and sometimes, though rarely, make it to the end prize of a Challenge.  We’ll see if I change my tune after I’ve got arbiter, but by then I expect that there will be new content to keep me going.  

I guess I don’t really understand the players who are upset by the money system.  It’s like being mad at a bird for flying.  Of course Devs want to make money, so put in limits like energy and silver and make the best rewards difficult to obtain.  Part of my enjoyment is figuring out how to attain them without spending (saving shards, banking food etc).

I would say that continuing to add one energy per level up wouldn’t screw up game dynamics, and I hope that gets added.

Anyway, my two cents, thanks for a great game and no disrespect to those that are pushing for changes, I’ve seen good suggestions out there
Jun 9, 2020, 13:4006/09/20
04/06/20

Greetings!

SANITARYB3AR said:

Is there to be no reward for free-to-play users who have consistently played your game on a daily basis? Does 6 to 8 months, to even a year, of a mobile user sticking to a PLAY store game app hold no merit as to the dedication of the player and the synergy of the game system you've created? Reward it, is all I'm saying.
This is part of the reason why we decided to increase the account level to a hundred, as a way to give our players some reward as a token of gratitude for playing our game. This is the reason for player accounts milestone rewards in the first place. We are working on future additions to our other in-game systems to give our players more benefits for time spent with us.

WARDADDY1959 said:
Please Plarium, do something truly great. Make the new a arena 3x3 teams and clan based so that clans have something to do together.
More development on this particular side of the feature will be available in further updates. Stay tuned for the next couple of patches.

magic3445 said:

Just chiming in as a f2p player, so far I’ve really enjoyed Raid.  I thought battle pass offering a free and paid channel was brilliant and for those willing to spend money it was far and away the best use of $30 in the game to date.  I’m excited for the 3*3 arena and it seems to me that the devs are pushing out new content at what seems a reasonable rate.  They stated in the update that they will take some time after the launch to see how the 3arena shakes out and will make changes from there.  I’m just shy of 4 months in and I’m able to place first in some tournaments and sometimes, though rarely, make it to the end prize of a Challenge.  We’ll see if I change my tune after I’ve got arbiter, but by then I expect that there will be new content to keep me going.  

Thank you for the kind words and continuous support. Glad you are enjoying our game.

Have a nice day and stay safe.

Jun 9, 2020, 20:4606/09/20
09/11/17

What happened to the so called tournaments?  The ones where you would have to use only rare, only uncommon, etc?  I saw one, involving the Dragon with rares.  I admit, I haven't been on as frequently as the past because this game is getting out of control with time needed to progress without spending a paycheck on it.  But I was looking forward to that.  Using common only.  Make those characters worth something.  At least make them somewhat of a point, other than a few hundred of them to level up a few levels of a legendary or epic.  The new 3x3 arena is not attractiove to me at all.  I HATE arena!  I have no speed Legs or Epics.  My legs and Epics get destroyed by any halfay decent speed teams.  Even high defense doesn't matter.  It's silly. 

I only begrudgingly play 5 battles for daily reward to work towards weekly and then monthly and pray for a legendary on my ancient.  Then I draw Elaniril with the most useless A3 in the game.  On rare occasions I play 10 battles to try and get a great hall bonus, but it's just so tedious.  Whales or not, I give those people credit...if they actually do it themselves and don't have a bot or something.  Arena is by far the most boring aspect of the game.

Suggestions I haven't read yet (I haven't read many posts, so forgive me): 

XP & Silver - Even out silver and XP across all aspects.  Why does dragon 20 give less XP and silver than brutal 12.6?  Why do faction wars give next to nothing in this regard, no matter what the difficulty level is?  Half the time I skip this aspect of the game as well.  Give XP and silver on clan boss as well.  XP should be earned everywhere, it's just logical...every fight you gain experience.

Character Star Level wars - incentive to keep / arm up / use / level up common / uncommon etc. Give them a purpose other than "food".  And make it interesting.  I played this one MMORPG called "Dark Age of Camelot, and the BEST PvP part of the game?  Not end game PvP, but the early to mid level.  Everyone was so much more equal there.  Made it a ton of fun.

Existing slots - You talk of adding new content, but you have things already there that were once a vision.  Campfire?  Some want it to be a restore energy farm like the genm mine.  Obviously that won't happen, given your absolute refusal to increase the max energy after level 60.  But something!  Pages for books.  So many rares to an epic.  So many epics to a leg.   Something.  The Void Tower has been mentioned, but still needs to be brought up again as well.  Supposedly there is a vision for that.  I doubt it comes to fruition before I totally bore of this game.

The Market!  - You mentioned creating a "bazaar" for the new arena. What a waste of programming.  Just add it to the market.  They're virtually the same thing.  Just purchase in the new currency rather than silver.  Speaking of the market...how about level based?  Increased chances for Epic shards to pop in.  Add Void and Legendary chances, even if very low.  Add chance for books.  Add 6* gear, and increase frequency of 5* gear.  There is ZERO reason to use gems to refresh right now. 

That said...as soon as a new non-mmorpg Elder Scrolls/Witcher type game comes out, I'll be gone regardless.   $50 and and play all I like.  Proper leveling and gear ascension.  If new DLC came out for Skyrim, I'd be on it right now.  That is fun stuff.  This mobile money grab crap has getting old quick.
Jun 10, 2020, 07:4606/10/20
05/15/20
GreenKnight said:

Arena whale wars edition really for god sakes, even 1 battle in arena is bad to f2p players now get masacre with 12 legos 

Twelve Legendary champions fully booked and in full arena equipment is no easy task and commendable in and out of itself. The tier system will make a separation between such teams and less powerful ones, like in classic arena.

You're kidding right? There is no seperation in arena tiers. Full booked teams of 4 legendary 6 star champions on bronze 4 is rediculous and I see it more than teams that are actually beatable. Im all for competition, but these teams are in the wrong tier. How do you expect new players to advance pst the mission to reach silver 1 in the arena when all the teams in the arena are gold and platinum level but on the bronze level. That's completely unbalanced and unfair. I'm guessing most of these teams are players that have quit. Those innactive players should be removed from arena completely. 30 days and your defense team is disbanded. That's how it should be. But no, these people that are miles ahead are sitting with the low level players making it next to impossible to make any progress. Not to mention I never got my Jinzoh, and had a Coldheart just vanish mid leveling. And has support even made an effort to correct it? No. Not at all. I know one game I won't be spending any more money on. Not until something major is done here. 
Jun 10, 2020, 11:3106/10/20
Jun 10, 2020, 11:38(edited)
04/06/20

Hi!

Duke said:

What happened to the so called tournaments?  The ones where you would have to use only rare, only uncommon, etc?  I saw one, involving the Dragon with rares.  I admit, I haven't been on as frequently as the past because this game is getting out of control with time needed to progress without spending a paycheck on it.  But I was looking forward to that.  Using common only.  Make those characters worth something.  At least make them somewhat of a point, other than a few hundred of them to level up a few levels of a legendary or epic.  

Tournaments with the additional rule will return. After the recent start, we recognized some issues with them and the influence of some limitations to the players, therefore some changes are in order. This type of tournament needs a bit more time and testing to make it what we want it to be.

XP & Silver - Even out silver and XP across all aspects. Why does dragon 20 give less XP and silver than brutal 12.6? Why do faction wars give next to nothing in this regard, no matter what the difficulty level is? Half the time I skip this aspect of the game as well. Give XP and silver on clan boss as well. XP should be earned everywhere, it's just logical...every fight you gain experience.

Overall, bosses are made to test your team agents a challenge and farm rewards, not to level up your team. Campaigning missions are the place to get experience, and other modes are to test your current strength.

Existing slots - You talk of adding new content, but you have things already there that were once a vision. Campfire? Some want it to be a restore energy farm like the genm mine. Obviously that won't happen, given your absolute refusal to increase the max energy after level 60. But something! Pages for books. So many rares to an epic. So many epics to a leg. Something. 

Currently, we do not plane to add book fusion into the game. There are, however, plans to expand some of the game systems further. Stay tuned for more information on the matter in our future updates.

DAMNEDINANYLANGUAGE66 said:

There is no seperation in arena tiers. Full booked teams of 4 legendary 6 star champions on bronze 4 is rediculous and I see it more than teams that are actually beatable. Im all for competition, but these teams are in the wrong tier. How do you expect new players to advance pst the mission to reach silver 1 in the arena when all the teams in the arena are gold and platinum level but on the bronze level. That's completely unbalanced and unfair. I'm guessing most of these teams are players that have quit. Those innactive players should be removed from arena completely. 30 days and your defense team is disbanded. That's how it should be. But no, these people that are miles ahead are sitting with the low level players making it next to impossible to make any progress. 
Sadly, most of those teams end up there due to harsh competition or trough deliberate actions of players. It is easy to underestimate what higher tier teams are really like, and it is hard to break through other tiers. Still, we are working on some changes in matchmaking, to mitigate power difference issues, on lower tiers. However, it should be noted that the current balance was created by an actual competition in higher tiers, and actions of our players.

Jun 10, 2020, 17:0006/10/20
05/15/20
GreenKnight said:

Hi!

Duke said:

What happened to the so called tournaments?  The ones where you would have to use only rare, only uncommon, etc?  I saw one, involving the Dragon with rares.  I admit, I haven't been on as frequently as the past because this game is getting out of control with time needed to progress without spending a paycheck on it.  But I was looking forward to that.  Using common only.  Make those characters worth something.  At least make them somewhat of a point, other than a few hundred of them to level up a few levels of a legendary or epic.  

Tournaments with the additional rule will return. After the recent start, we recognized some issues with them and the influence of some limitations to the players, therefore some changes are in order. This type of tournament needs a bit more time and testing to make it what we want it to be.

XP & Silver - Even out silver and XP across all aspects. Why does dragon 20 give less XP and silver than brutal 12.6? Why do faction wars give next to nothing in this regard, no matter what the difficulty level is? Half the time I skip this aspect of the game as well. Give XP and silver on clan boss as well. XP should be earned everywhere, it's just logical...every fight you gain experience.

Overall, bosses are made to test your team agents a challenge and farm rewards, not to level up your team. Campaigning missions are the place to get experience, and other modes are to test your current strength.

Existing slots - You talk of adding new content, but you have things already there that were once a vision. Campfire? Some want it to be a restore energy farm like the genm mine. Obviously that won't happen, given your absolute refusal to increase the max energy after level 60. But something! Pages for books. So many rares to an epic. So many epics to a leg. Something. 

Currently, we do not plane to add book fusion into the game. There are, however, plans to expand some of the game systems further. Stay tuned for more information on the matter in our future updates.

DAMNEDINANYLANGUAGE66 said:

There is no seperation in arena tiers. Full booked teams of 4 legendary 6 star champions on bronze 4 is rediculous and I see it more than teams that are actually beatable. Im all for competition, but these teams are in the wrong tier. How do you expect new players to advance pst the mission to reach silver 1 in the arena when all the teams in the arena are gold and platinum level but on the bronze level. That's completely unbalanced and unfair. I'm guessing most of these teams are players that have quit. Those innactive players should be removed from arena completely. 30 days and your defense team is disbanded. That's how it should be. But no, these people that are miles ahead are sitting with the low level players making it next to impossible to make any progress. 
Sadly, most of those teams end up there due to harsh competition or trough deliberate actions of players. It is easy to underestimate what higher tier teams are really like, and it is hard to break through other tiers. Still, we are working on some changes in matchmaking, to mitigate power difference issues, on lower tiers. However, it should be noted that the current balance was created by an actual competition in higher tiers, and actions of our players.

How does a high tier competition have an impact on the lowest tiers possible? That just sounds like a cop out answer. There is no balance right now. My strongest raid team is a little under 60k. 90% of the teams I come across in BRONZE 3 and 4 are over 100k. How the hell is that balance? I've only been playing a day shy of a month but have already been spending more on this game than I should, but at the rate this is going and the fact that 2 champions of mine vanished and support isn't even responding, I'm not very likely to spend any more. Do you care? Of course not. You are just a forum manager. Do the people that matter ever even see these posts? Do they even care? 
Jun 11, 2020, 11:1206/11/20
04/12/19

GreenKnight said:

Limited subset of champs to use calls for much bigger rewards (like 3-5 leg books at last bracket ...) If you keep score needed to reach each bracket or halving score needed to get to last bracket if you decide to leave rewards as is.

Whales or long term players will have advantage in any limited content just due to having longer bench of substitutes. If you balance it against that - new players won't be able to even reach half of rewards ... And at this point they won't even try to get anything out of that tournament / event.

"Planned to farm some food so I farm 12-6 no matter there is rare only dragon 20 event I could possibly get half of what is needed if I spent whole 720 daily energy ... Each day while it lasts..." Mindset.

Personally I have tried that event since I have rare only team able to beat dragon 20 (7 minutes per run) but left it after one day due to rewards not worth it.

Idea about rare only is nice - just balance it accordingly.

Jun 11, 2020, 14:3106/11/20
05/05/20

Greenknight said:

Yeah that's very obvious. There is a  major issue with the system of great hall bonuses being tied to tiers. This is very bad for encouraging newer players in the game. It was a cool idea, but in the long term this was bound to happen. Gear levels improve over time, competition gets tighter, and new players are left too far behind in a system which requires advancement for basic bonuses. A new player will not be able to get the same bonuses from great hall that older players got without significantly MORE effort(or money). Over time it becomes more and more difficult, when it should be the opposite.

It is also very bad that arena is tied to the arbiter missions because of this. As it stands, the missions suggest that you should be 3-starring HARD campaign while you get 30 silver medals in arena. I had to 3-star BRUTAL campaign, get 4 champs to level 60 (with some lucky pulls) in order to complete 30 silver medals. It is very out of touch with the current difficulty of arena and very discouraging to new players.

The arena-based missions need to be removed from the arbiter missions. You could alternatively significantly reduce the requirements, but that would need maintenance over time (you have to keep updating the mission requirements to match the difficulty on an ever-changing arena). 

It is very cool that new content is coming to the game in the form of 3v3 arena. However, I see the community is upset that this is only "end-game" content. It would be very wise to couple end-game updates with updates to ease barriers to entry. Games which only release end-game content without providing some catch-up mechanic to new players are very prone to fizzling out. End-game additions will not make every end-game player happy, so you will lose some over time. You need to counter-balance this with early/mid game content or catch-up mechanics in order to keep new players engaged and feeling like they have a chance to compete.

As it stands, it is pretty daunting as a new player to try to compete in normal arena for the basic bonuses of great hall. The fact that this is getting harder and harder makes an update specifically INCREASING the difficulty level by requiring 12 champs instead of only 4 seem completely unreasonable to new players. Yes regular arena will still exist, but new rewards will be going out for 3v3. That pushes early game players farther back. Those behind get more behind. 

It looks like Minotaur was once eased up in the past. That's a great example of making the early game a bit easier, and would love to see more things like that happen. Are there any plans with the release of 2.0 to provide a catch-up mechanic for early/mid game players (in the form of new content, additional resources, lower requirements, etc.)?

Jun 12, 2020, 00:0006/12/20
04/07/20
ayt
Jun 12, 2020, 15:2106/12/20
Jun 12, 2020, 15:46(edited)
04/06/20

Hello!

Hippocampus said:

It is also very bad that arena is tied to the arbiter missions because of this. As it stands, the missions suggest that you should be 3-starring HARD campaign while you get 30 silver medals in arena. I had to 3-star BRUTAL campaign, get 4 champs to level 60 (with some lucky pulls) in order to complete 30 silver medals. It is very out of touch with the current difficulty of arena and very discouraging to new players.

The arena-based missions need to be removed from the arbiter missions. You could alternatively significantly reduce the requirements, but that would need maintenance over time (you have to keep updating the mission requirements to match the difficulty on an ever-changing arena). 

Arbiter is endgame champion, and missions are meant to be challenging to overcome, but it is a concern that some missions can change difficulty over time. We do not plan to change the requirements of the missions actively, but we are working on Arena tweaks that should mitigate that problem.

It is very cool that new content is coming to the game in the form of 3v3 arena. However, I see the community is upset that this is only "end-game" content. It would be very wise to couple end-game updates with updates to ease barriers to entry. Games which only release end-game content without providing some catch-up mechanic to new players are very prone to fizzling out. End-game additions will not make every end-game player happy, so you will lose some over time. You need to counter-balance this with early/mid game content or catch-up mechanics in order to keep new players engaged and feeling like they have a chance to compete.

As it stands, it is pretty daunting as a new player to try to compete in normal arena for the basic bonuses of great hall. The fact that this is getting harder and harder makes an update specifically INCREASING the difficulty level by requiring 12 champs instead of only 4 seem completely unreasonable to new players. Yes regular arena will still exist, but new rewards will be going out for 3v3. That pushes early game players farther back. Those behind get more behind. 

Arena 3x3 is mainly an endgame feature. While the new feature will be available from level 35, as with all endgame features, if you want to be competitive in it, you will need to have competitive teams, and that will take time. As a midgame balance, there will be releases of other features that will accommodate that difference. Stay tuned to more info on them in the press releases.

It looks like Minotaur was once eased up in the past. That's a great example of making the early game a bit easier, and would love to see more things like that happen. Are there any plans with the release of 2.0 to provide a catch-up mechanic for early/mid game players (in the form of new content, additional resources, lower requirements, etc.)?

There will be expansions to certain game features and mechanics that should help new players to interact with most aspects of the game faster and more smoothly. Specific information on those changes will be available closer to their releases in their patch notes. 

Thank you for your feedback and attention to specific aspects of the game, we are concentrating on endgame content right now, but we always remember about our support systems for earlygame players. It may take time to implement all the changes to the game to realize our vision of 2.0, but we are doing our best to make our game a more cohesive and enjoyable experience overall.

Jun 12, 2020, 22:2106/12/20
Jun 12, 2020, 22:23(edited)
04/15/20

GreenKnight said:

Arbiter is endgame champion, and missions are meant to be challenging to overcome, but it is a concern that some missions can change difficulty over time. We do not plan to change the requirements of the missions actively, but we are working on Arena tweaks that should mitigate that problem.

I think you are missing the point here. The only thing that is challenging is arena missions. Other missions are piece of cake comparing to the arena. Each mission usually takes one or two days to complete, but the arena - even one month (for example - upgrade 2 hall bonuses to level 4). This is very unbalanced for new players and not consistent with overall progress experience. 

As being said by other, experienced players, the Arena is considered to be as the end-game, while some missions (like do 5-stage dungeons on auto) - novice level.