All Categories

Tormin the Cold. Part II

Tormin the Cold. Part II

Search
Comments
Jan 14, 2020, 11:5301/14/20
07/09/19

im truly amazed at how aggressive the community has gotten due to an upcoming Tormin nerf. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out how broken he is. Take a look at Platinum arena tier where he is represented in approximately 99,5% of all teams. he is not a meta changer he IS the meta.

I´ve been in platinum several times, last week i was at rank 46 at highest. I was in platinum for roughly 4,5 days and i fought a total of ONE team that dident have Tormin in it. ( not counting 1 champ defence teams )

As someone who has always ran a high resistance tank team in arena ( originally due to lack of good aoe nukers ) im almost offended that anyone would suggest that speed meta was ever superior. Yes in early-midgame speed meta was and still is dominant however at the highest level tank teams were never inferior at all. Tank teams are simply way more resource heavy to build and Tormin is a champion that was introduced to deal with a problem that was always none existant at the relevant levels.

Its not that i cant beat Tormin teams, i had roughly a 94-96% winrate in platinum with about 250 matches played give or take but its hilariously repetitive to fight that walking slotmachine. If Tormin had been a shard exclusive legendary he would´ve been perfectly balanced just like hegemon, nicholas and all the rest. balanced by extreme rarity basicly and if i saw just as few tormins as i see nicholas i certainly wouldnt have any problems with him at all. Ontop of that Tormin is superior to both hegemon and nicholas by a landslide.

The problem with Tormin is that he turns the entire arena into a slotmachine where its purely RNG based. now some people like to say "just build resistance" im sitting at between 400-450 resistance across the board and usually its not enough. Tormin is probally THE easiest champion in the game to build as you literarelly only need one stat on him. namely accuracy. you can keep him at base speed with base stats as they are utterly irrelevant.

Its disgusting to see how self entitled people are to a champion that clearly negatively impacts the game experience. My suggestion for balancing Tormin would be to change his passive to ONLY activate on TM boosting buffs and no other buffs what so ever. he was built to counter the imaginary problem of a speed meta. atm he counters everything. ontop of countering speed teams he´d still have his taunt and he´d still have his freeze on A1 which is still far more than most champions has in their kits. make people have to build real teams again rather than a champion that comes with an all inclusive kit absent weaknesses.

The Halloween fusion Jack was a perfect example of a good fusion, he has his uses but he is not an auto include into every teamcomp. stop releasing toptier fusions entirely and only do midtier fusions and let the toptiers stay in shards.

Intill Tormin is fixed im not going to personally bother with platinum tier but instead im going to sit with 1 champion defence n grind 3 secound auto battles for medals.

/Samcruel

Jan 14, 2020, 13:4401/14/20
10/01/19

I think a reasonable nerf for Tormin would be that his freeze from his passive will have a cool down of 1 turn once it triggered. There are actually so many champs that could cleanse his feezes but mostly this champs have additional effects like turn meter increase or healing that could cause the next freeze, which makes no sense at all. Doompriest or Mausoleum Mage... I was hoping so much to have two champs here I could use against Tormin but with their cleanses... comes the next freeze.

I think I need to wait to pull certain champs and build a counter team only for and around tormin, like JGigs described in his youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3ibnmTi6Io

Jan 14, 2020, 15:2001/14/20
07/09/19

I honestly don't see the problem. 

I've been using Tormin a lot and every time the other team use a anti-debuff strategy i got rekt. Honestly is more about playin champion to counter him, like it should be for all other legendaries. As said before, many other legendaries do things WAY more op then him. 

In any case, he deal already poor damage and have a really slow build. A mausoleum mage with 150-160 speed solo-handle him..

Jan 14, 2020, 16:1901/14/20
Jan 14, 2020, 20:25(edited)
08/18/15

Fix Tormin the Broken! You've allowed a broken hero to be in the game for more than a month now!

Hakkorn's A2 doesn't work against him, Mausoleum Mage doesn't work against him, Skartorsis's A3 doesn't work against him. Nothing does! He is broken!

I have fused him (and spent absolutely nothing), but it's a freaking nightmare to go in the fight with that champion. There are 2 Tormins, one on each side, and the question is not 'will someone get frozen?' the question is 'will at least someone not get frozen and take a turn'. It is ridiculous, half of the turns of all heroes are just wasted because they are frozen.

But you know what is even worse? Players who didn't fuse missed out forever. I fused my Tormin so I am safe, but those peons who did not will never be able to compete because they don't have him.

You know he is broken, but the only reason you haven't fixed him yet is that you are afraid you will mess up even more.

Jan 14, 2020, 18:4101/14/20
07/24/19
I'm betting he will still be way OP.  Freezing on any move by the enemy (heal, turn meter boost, getting a buff) is ridiculous.  Freezing an enemy even while he's in a frozen state is just dumb.  So basically if you weren't able to fuse him you will plateau in arena.  All these people complaining; how about all the people that have spent time and effort leveling, working out masteries, etc. for other champs only to have one champ make them irrelevent?  Look at the top of gold and all of Plat.  There are almost no teams that do not have him.  Plarium is basically saying, "you should've bought this champ, or you won't win."
Jan 15, 2020, 08:4301/15/20
02/03/19

Bforce1 said:

I'm betting he will still be way OP.  Freezing on any move by the enemy (heal, turn meter boost, getting a buff) is ridiculous.  Freezing an enemy even while he's in a frozen state is just dumb.  So basically if you weren't able to fuse him you will plateau in arena.  All these people complaining; how about all the people that have spent time and effort leveling, working out masteries, etc. for other champs only to have one champ make them irrelevent?  Look at the top of gold and all of Plat.  There are almost no teams that do not have him.  Plarium is basically saying, "you should've bought this champ, or you won't win."

Yes he is Strong, but you can counter him easy with a block debuff Buff.

Maby the will make some good Arenaheros the have that Buff for the hole team. 

Because at the moment it is always so RNG when you fight vs him in the Arena.

Jan 16, 2020, 15:5901/16/20
07/09/19

You always speak about RNGs, but they introduced fear that is a 50% RANDOM of non attacking. 

RNGs are part of this game, i don't see the problem, honestly. I get it is strong, but use valueble arguments.

Thanks
Jan 17, 2020, 13:3901/17/20
09/30/19
Plarium only like money and add in game heroes with bag cos ppl dont duy normal heroes  
Jan 18, 2020, 08:1301/18/20
06/06/19

I think if you look at the objective data, it's pretty obvious that Tormin is too powerful.  I know there are lot of posts saying that there are better champions, but that is clearly not the case when you look at the winning teams.  The percentage of "Top Players" in the Arena that use Tormin is higher than ANY other champion (including the Arbiter who can be gotten by everyone on an  ongoing basis).  I think Tormin is used by roughly 80% of top tier players.  I understand that he could be fused, but many people simply did not have the time during that period to fuse him.  When people have worked very, very hard over years to design a strong team, upgrading artifacts, swapping them out, combining champions with synergistic skills, etc. it's very frustrating to have one champion come in and ruin that.  There are times when all 10 of my arena opponent teams have Tormin, so I just avoid the arena now which makes the game pretty boring.  Also, consider the fact that some people are just now starting the game and never had a chance to fuse Tormin.  I sent out a link to a friend who tried the arena and complained to me about the "guy that always freezes my entire team".   He left the game.

Speed is a problem in the Arena, but designing this overpowered champion is not the solution.  I'm pretty close to throwing in the towel myself, because the Arena used to be my favorite part of the game, and now I pretty much hate it because of that one champion.
Jan 18, 2020, 08:4301/18/20
Jan 28, 2020, 18:26(edited)
08/18/15

Let's have a look at champions who have block debuffs buff:

Walrold heals first, puts a shield and only then block debuffs. Jarl puts def up first, and only then block debuffs. Mausoleum Mage puts increase def first, then increase crit rate and only then block debuffs. Hakkorn removes debuffs, heals and only then places block debuffs. Blind Seer puts shield first and then block debuffs.

Most champions with block debuffs buff do their buffs/heals in the order that is bad against Tormin, except Lilithu, Spirithost and Maneater. This was trivial when Tormin did not exist, but now suddenly Lilithu is the best champion out there against him simply because of the order in which she places her buffs. Utterly stupid, unbalanced and a piece of clear evidence that people who designed Tormin the Broken didn't think about it.

Jan 19, 2020, 08:1201/19/20
02/24/19

But because it´s only a handfull of people complaining in this forum it´s not considered as a problem and case is closed..... or?

(developers logic)
Jan 19, 2020, 15:5801/19/20
Jan 21, 2020, 11:18(edited)
07/24/19

This champ is so broken.  I just got frozen for no reason at the start of a match.  My champ didn't do/get a buff, didn't heal, and didn't start out with any buff. Inexplicable CC at the start of the match...

So I guess like 2x a year you will introduce an OP champ to get people to spend money?  

Jan 20, 2020, 17:0801/20/20
06/06/19

Tormin is obviously way O.P.  Anyone who doesn’t have him knows that, and anyone who does have him knows that but doesn’t want to admit it, because they are happy with their game destroying champ.  As for comments about law suits, that’s ridiculous.   Many games rebalance heroes.  I spent a year working very hard on a WoW character due to skill based dps, and they nerfed the skill.  That was a lot of subscription money and time  down the drain.  You should recognize by now that Plarium rebalances champions.  They do it on a regular basis.  I have redone my boss team and arena team several times as a result.  Should I get my money back every time they change any champ for whom I have invested time and money?  Or should I understand that part of playing this game means adjusting to changes that have happened and will continue to happen.  And lastly, of course 95% of these post want to keep Tormin the same.  It’s a very biased sample of mostly people with Tormin who stand the most to lose.  That said, if it is too frustration for you to play a game that includes updates and rebalancing, well, then you probably should find another game.

CirillaAdmin
Jan 21, 2020, 11:2201/21/20
02/27/19
Hey guys! Just wanted to stop by and say that we have not forgotten about readjusting Tormin's Skills. The reason why it is taking us longer than we expected initially is that we do need to try and see how different variants of modifications work in all kinds of environments, and to make sure that the champion remains a meta-breaker. Our game designers read your comments and suggestions here on a regular basis. Thus, they will surely be also taken into account when deciding on the final touches.
Jan 21, 2020, 13:3101/21/20
Jan 21, 2020, 13:40(edited)
07/09/19

Cirilla said:

Hey guys! Just wanted to stop by and say that we have not forgotten about readjusting Tormin's Skills. The reason why it is taking us longer than we expected initially is that we do need to try and see how different variants of modifications work in all kinds of environments, and to make sure that the champion remains a meta-breaker. Our game designers read your comments and suggestions here on a regular basis. Thus, they will surely be also taken into account when deciding on the final touches.

is there any chance we can atleast get a rough estimate time of release? arena at higher tiers is literarelly unplayable atm. i just had an arena fight that took me close to 9 minutes and i spent somewhere between 75-85% of that entire fight in freeze or i would´ve won this fight within 2-3 minutes. before people start screetching that i run arbiter, no i dont run arbiter. i run a high resistance team. i´ll tag in the screenshot just for good measure.

The fight ended when i was able to get my block debuffs up with my whole team alive, needless to say that took almost 9 minutes to accomplish but not at any point of the fight was i at threat of actually losing i just set it to auto for big portions of it while waiting for cooldowns.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/610496899367043104/669161534307565568/unknown.png?width=1120&height=630

Once again the problem is not that i cant beat him its that teams can get away with being so poorly n sloppily put together that arena losses its enjoyment all together. i want to be able to rotate between several different teams and figure out which comp to use against what enemy comp but my freedom of choice is highly limited with all the perma freeze bs going around.

He was supposedly made to counter speed meta n yet he now counters everyone n everything. Some people who abuses tormin might now be screetching "he is super easy to counter just build resistance" my Duchess has 376 resistance through items and another 90 with aura placing her at 466 resistance. in about 75% of all platinum fights that isnt enough vs tormin since he only needs ONE stat where as i need everything on all my champions, my altan needs speed, defence, crit resistance, critdamage n what not where as Tormin can be ran at base speed with just full accuracy build making him THE easiest arena champion in the entire game to build as he is absolutely idiot proof.

Being an endgame player we have a severe lack of real content as it is meaning the only things i´ve got left to do is CB and Arena. i dont even buy energy anymore because of how stale the game is n with arena being unplayable im certainly not spending a single dollar on this game till alot of things are adressed starting with Tormin.

Jan 21, 2020, 15:3501/21/20
06/16/19
Sounds like the players are expecting the developers to disappoint them.  If they had to pay, then it would be the righteous thing to do is to give them what they paid for and not to succomb to whinny folks!   
Jan 21, 2020, 22:1101/21/20
04/03/19

After fighting hundreds of fights I must say Tormin changed nothing, it now only takes longer because after 20 fights in Arena after reset I get at least 80% Tormin combos, in the beginning most of the time deff or slow groups I can fight with my Psylar ... fight takes longer but normally I win 

Later on same problem as before Speed lead now with Tormin which I can only try to be faster with my fastest Champ which is Arbiter, that I cant use because of tormin.

Conclusio 

Speed meta is still there, now with Tormin and it only got harder for people like me that dont have Tormin because I can't use Arbiter to have the same chance for having better Speed gear to win 

So only chance would be to build high end resistance team, but with the existing loot system for arena it isn't worth it... 

Jan 23, 2020, 03:3601/23/20
06/20/19
Tormin is broken!  Against SPEED TEAMS IN ARENa!  I have him and get beat by a lot of teams.
Jan 23, 2020, 07:0601/23/20
07/04/19
Maintenanca againt
Jan 23, 2020, 13:5401/23/20
08/18/15
Cirilla said:

Thank you for the update. We, players, hope you will get it right.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.