All Categories

Tormin the Cold

Tormin the Cold

Search
CirillaAdmin
Dec 17, 2019, 15:2012/17/19
02/27/19

Tormin the Cold

Hello, Raiders! Ever since Tormin the Cold appeared in the game, he has been the main hero not only in most teams in the Platinum Arena but also in your conversations and thoughts. 

This big boy was intended to introduce an alternative to the existing speed meta in PvP. But while he is doing an amazing job at that, we also realize that some of his Skills may be a little too much. 

Now, we ourselves really like the champion and we certainly would like to keep him unique, strong and magical, as a real Christmas character should be. That's why we would like to ask your opinion on what we could tweak in Tormin so that he would remain great, but not too much :)

So, this is what we were thinking of changing:

- make his Freeze activate only once per action (right now, it is triggered by every action in the Skill description list);

- remove the Heal part that now triggers Freeze entirely from his Passive Skill.

This is not yet set in stone, so we would really appreciate it if you could share your thoughts on the matter with us and help us improve this aspect of the game. Do you agree with the suggested changes? Or would you like to add something else to this list? 

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 17, 2019, 15:5412/17/19
07/08/19
Personally, I think the champ is perfect to break the speed meta in arena. I don't think it should be nerfed. In my honest opinion, you're giving everyone a chance to have a top tier champion for free. If you think that compared to other champions he will make the difference, well, so does Hegemon and no1 is bringing it up. If it's the case to make him not so strong, the best way to do it is maybe to increase his passive re-use. It's the best way to avoid debuffs all turns without affecting the champion mechanics. 
Dec 17, 2019, 16:1612/17/19
10/02/19
Do not nerf it! We did this event based on the skills and the ability to counter the speed, etc. it’s like a bait and switch if you change it. People will adjust to him. He’s not that over powered. Players are still beating him at the arenas. The changes will affect other parts of the game like dungeons, etc. 
Dec 17, 2019, 16:1812/17/19
10/19/19
I would leave him the way he is for a month or two and see how it plays out.  But if your going to do anything, remove the freeze from healing.  That's the part that seems to be getting most people.
Dec 17, 2019, 16:4112/17/19
10/08/19

My suggestion is to make him a more balanced hero, which means weakening his crowd control skills and increasing his damage. I do not want to avoid him every time I see him in the arena.

Dec 17, 2019, 16:4312/17/19
09/14/19

Its unfair for people who paid real money to make him. He is NOT as strong as you think. He finally bring new meta and will create new strategy to defeat him. He is not OP.

We, as a players, agreed to make him with abilities which we saw. We paid money and time and now you want to change the rules. Its not a deal. Its unfair

Dec 17, 2019, 16:4912/17/19
09/14/19

Cirilla said:

Hello, Raiders! Ever since Tormin the Cold appeared in the game, he has been the main hero not only in most teams in the Platinum Arena but also in your conversations and thoughts. 

This big boy was intended to introduce an alternative to the existing speed meta in PvP. But while he is doing an amazing job at that, we also realize that some of his Skills may be a little too much. 

Now, we ourselves really like the champion and we certainly would like to keep him unique, strong and magical, as a real Christmas character should be. That's why we would like to ask your opinion on what we could tweak in Tormin so that he would remain great, but not too much :)

So, this is what we were thinking of changing:

- make his Freeze activate only once per action (right now, it is triggered by every action in the Skill description list);

- remove the Heal part that now triggers Freeze entirely from his Passive Skill.

This is not yet set in stone, so we would really appreciate it if you could share your thoughts on the matter with us and help us improve this aspect of the game. Do you agree with the suggested changes? Or would you like to add something else to this list? 

Is it an option to left him as it is if community wants ?

Dec 17, 2019, 16:5912/17/19
09/14/19

SanHeZhiDaMing said:

My suggestion is to make him a more balanced hero, which means weakening his crowd control skills and increasing his damage. I do not want to avoid him every time I see him in the arena.

So, maybe, you need to provide more resistance to your champions? Or make more than 4 champions for arena? Tormin is NOT unkillable - he just require new tactics and this is GREAT!

Dec 17, 2019, 17:1212/17/19
06/16/19
I just feel like it’s a little early for changes. Tormin is strong for sure. But I think that was the intent. He has to be strong to warrant the title “meta changer”.  A lot of folks are upset because their existing arena comp can’t beat him. Again kinda the point right?  To beat Tormin we’re going to have to adjust for him. Increase resistance or just start using all that immunity gear we’ve thrown into the corner. Once the community has made these adjustments he won’t feel overpowered. He’ll just be what he was intended to be from the start. A meta changer. 
Dec 17, 2019, 17:2712/17/19
08/21/19

Please leave him as he is. The turn meter/speed boost/nuke strategy in arena is so linear and uninteresting. I love that Tormin can shake that up. Maulie and Hegemon are so prevalent in arena precisely because they can lock down teams. How is Tormin any different?

I also feel that this decision is very biased, because I haven't seen a single Tormin in Gold IV, which means for the vast, VAST majority of players this is not currently an issue. And it feels very bad for a player like me who spends money here and there to have the thousands of energy I've already sunk into this event be invalidated due to the outspoken thoughts of a handful of people with a larger platform to opine from. This fusion event is extremely difficult, and I feel that the reward as it is now is appropriate. If this champ isn't going to be as good as he was originally promised, and that first suggestion is a HUGE nerf, it would be crushing.

The second suggestion to not have him proc on heals is okay, but I really can't emphasize enough how much I want him to remain untouched.

Dec 17, 2019, 17:5312/17/19
10/15/19

It's a blow to reputation. Many of the events and tournaments are not available for free players. Everyone else just buys Taormin in the form in which it was released. Give us our money back.

Dec 17, 2019, 18:1112/17/19
Dec 17, 2019, 19:50(edited)
09/04/19

i think tormin perfectly play role as a meta changer.

In some way, it is reasonable for folks to get angry.

because he beat speed meta in arena

to change current meta he must remain unchanged.

he is already not that powerful against resistance gear and acc down debuff

Dec 17, 2019, 18:1512/17/19
12/17/19

I finally made a Plarium account just to ask, please do not bait and switch your players. Tormin is very hard for players to get and for those of us who are working really heard to get him or already got him, it is entirely unfair to change the character and make all of our efforts a waste. It's totally unfair to say, "here is what you get for all this effort" then say, "haha, nope, we know you worked really hard for this and spent hours of your life trying to get it but we are gonna change what we promised you after the fact".

Something you aren't considering, Baiting and Switiching is illegal in many countries and a lot of people are spending money on your game to get this character. I personally like this game and don't want to lose the game to lawsuits. 

You should have released the champions details to the public weeks before the event and asked what the playerbase thought then, before we went ahead and spent our money and collected recources on this character.
Dec 17, 2019, 18:2012/17/19
10/27/19

So does this nerf come with a refund for everyone that spent money based on the stats he was given?

It's illegal to use "bait and switch" tactics like this. 
Dec 17, 2019, 18:2712/17/19
10/27/19

irmike said:

I finally made a Plarium account just to ask, please do not bait and switch your players. Tormin is very hard for players to get and for those of us who are working really heard to get him or already got him, it is entirely unfair to change the character and make all of our efforts a waste. It's totally unfair to say, "here is what you get for all this effort" then say, "haha, nope, we know you worked really hard for this and spent hours of your life trying to get it but we are gonna change what we promised you after the fact".

Something you aren't considering, Baiting and Switiching is illegal in many countries and a lot of people are spending money on your game to get this character. I personally like this game and don't want to lose the game to lawsuits. 

You should have released the champions details to the public weeks before the event and asked what the playerbase thought then, before we went ahead and spent our money and collected recources on this character.

They know it's bait and switch.  A company won't consciously make this decision without consulting their legal team about any ramifications.  And the profit loss... that may be negligible in accordance with their KPI reports.  It's a revolving door game. 

Because this is all digital and just a "game", there may not be set in stone laws about this.  At least not till a lawyer jumps in on this opportunity, I would guess.

The game won't be lost.  If Plarium loses the game, some other company will clone it and do it right.  I think other companies are just biding their time right now.

Plarium's best course of action would be one of the following:

1.  Nerf:  give a refund to everyone that put money into the fusion during the event times, then proceed with the nerf.

2.  Do not nerf and leave as is.

Dec 17, 2019, 18:5212/17/19

I would leave him as he is. If you start nerfing him just because he is strong in one part of the game, then where is the nerf for Hegemon who really rules the arena or Arbiter, because every top arena team uses them if avaible. They can only bei countered by a faster version of themselfs. Or what about the counter attack or block damage champs at clan boss who dominante there?

I guess he is only strong in the arena right now because most players are not used to him now. Wait some months and see how things turn out. Most top players fused him already anyway (with lots of Cash) and only people who can not deal with change are crying right now. For a new player there ist no difference between fighting him or Hegemon. Except they can currently fuse Tormin.

Dec 17, 2019, 19:1912/17/19
05/23/19

Cirilla said:

Well he ain't an alternative he completely makes speed meta useless... if you people at plarium actually had tested him before his release you would not had this problem right now

About the nerfing.. this is a messed up situation ...  he definitely needs a nerf his pasive is beyound broken.. but plarium should give some kind of compensation to ones who fused him and you people who have him relax he is still gona be op even after nerf..

Dec 17, 2019, 19:2712/17/19
05/30/19

so what about testing the champs you release before you fucking release em ?....

and stop creating useless champs btw

Dec 17, 2019, 19:3012/17/19
10/10/19

Isn't that perfect ? The first reaction from staff after a week of complaints about how it's a fucked up fusion event is "'maybe we can nerf it a little bit".

And what about addressing the problem that this is reserved to payers  ? that it makes literrally them pay to win ?

Of course those payers who spend hundreds of dollars would complain about a nerf but i'd say i could never be sorry for someone that spend so much money in that kind of game. If you like being abused, or abuse yourself, the nerf seems to me a very good surprise.

10/19/19
I agree, there should be compensation to anyone who manages to Fuse him during this event.  There has been a lot of money spent by people who already have him, as well as people working towards him.  I'm not talking about a few energy refills and silver either.  I mean thousands of energy, dozens of sacred shards, and millions of silver.  Don't take it out on us that your testers didn't have the champion where you wanted it prior to release.  Leave him alone, make people adapt.  
01/02/19

I agree with many of you that he is a solid new meta champion, however there are CERTAIN things that you need to take into account regarding him being too OP or somewhat broken;

His passive currently triggers on EVERY buff, turn meter, heal, etc. So that means all masteries, skills, gear, etc. whether intentional or not, can trigger this freeze. Things such as lifesteal gear, healing when an opponent heals (mastery), heal from immortal set, turn meter increase from buff/debuff expiry (masteries), heal on attack (based on skill ability), shields provided from masteries, artifacts or champions, whether active or passive (such as reinbeast). 

It's a lot more than just an arbiter/speed meta counter... any heal, shield, def buff, unkillable, atk buff, etc... EVERYTHING triggers it and it's really too much, especially because it has a chance to proc on every single one of these with no count limit or cd. It will require a significant amount of re-gearing and re-mastering several champs just to be able to compete, even if not using a speed team. For those reasons, I agree with the Dev suggested changes. Or possibly a modification of the suggested changes, where it does not count towards gear/mastery related buffs/turn meter/heals. At the very least, that will impose a certain level of balance and require much less re-working of champs to comply. 

I also agree with everyone where, if any nerfs get applied, it's extremely unfair to everyone who has put in so much time, effort and even $$ to obtain this champ. Some more than others, and some may not have received him yet but have already been working their @sses off to make it. I'm also sure that nearly everyone has put leg tomes into him and/or bought masteries for 800 gems. There needs to be a strong discussion as to what kind of compensation is LEGITIMATELY ADEQUATE for such a situation. No an apology, not a couple of cb keys... something of significant value to make up for all of the $$ and/or hard earned in-game savings being used, which then result in an instant nerf that make people regret their investments due to your lack of proper testing.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.