All Categories

(Champion Spotlight) New Champions (23.08.2019)

Search
MariusAdmin
Aug 23, 2019, 09:5808/23/19
09/04/17

Even in a society of scheming dark mages and ruthless assassins, Vizier Ovelis stands out as a man to be truly feared. A legend among his kin and a peer to no one, he is a blade in the dark that strikes wherever it wills. Indeed, though he had been granted a title of respect and integrated into the Dark Elven nobility, Ovelis has no master but himself.

Even as a young warrior, Ovelis was ambitious and harboured dreams of reaching far above his humble station. To that end, he ventured far beyond the domain of his people. For years he searched for tutors and foes to learn from. For years he obsessively gathered folklore and snippets of information that could lead him to items of power. After all, Teleria is a land steeped in ancient magic, where wonders and artifacts of old exist just within the grasp of those who are bold enough to reach out.

Eventually, fate smiled upon Ovelis and a map came into his possession. It detailed the location of the tomb of Mairenn - a legendary assassin, whose deeds could be traced back to the Schism that separated the once-united Elven race.

Through guile, through grit, and through sheer ruthless determination, Ovelis managed to breach the hidden basilica and brave its numerous traps. The ‘allies’ accompanying him to this venture perished to the last, but that suited the future Vizier just fine. He needed not share in the glory that way, nor have a rival claimant to Mairenn’s scimitars that rested in her sarcophagus at the very heart of the complex. Though the magic that was used to forge these blades was as volatile as their late Mistress was said to have been, they remained just as formidable.

When Ovelis returned, he did so triumphantly. With skill, experience, and mighty weapons at his side, he forged a bloody path to the height of Dark Elven society. Many would-be rivals were found dead in their seemingly impenetrable estates, killed by poison or by blade. Few accounts exist of these feuds, though a single terrified slave maintained that his master was slain by a formless shadow that moved unheard and dissipated into nothing when the deed was done. Whether just delusions of a hapless wretch or some powerful magic conjured by the blades in Ovelis’ care is left up to rumour and speculation.

A mage of impressive innate power and talent, Yannica may very well be a personification of numerous expectations that younger races have of her people - both the good and the bad. She is incredibly intelligent without a doubt, a master of many arcane arts. Her counsel is never given without consideration or understanding of the subject. She is, however, gratingly arrogant and self-righteous. The condescending smirk that so often finds its way to Yannica’s noble features has been the bane of many an ally.

As a young apprentice, Yannica was obsessed with learning spells that fell outside the arsenal of run-of-the-mill wizards. Setting foes on fire or turning them to ice? Effective, certainly, but boring in her eyes. Instead, Yannica sought arcana that would allow her to siphon the strength of her targets and bolster her allies in some form.

Her true breakthrough was deciphering ancient writings that she inherited from her tutor and using the knowledge concealed within to perfect her own rendition of the spell of the Veil. Its first actual application was a resounding success as well.

When accompanying an older Magister on an expedition to uncover Artifacts in the crypts far north of the Aravian capital, Yannica found herself and her allies beset and nearly overwhelmed by the undead. Risking a half-tested spell, she managed to disappear from the enemy’s sight with a dramatic explosion of mist. Even the halfwit ghouls were thrown into confused disarray by the display. And before they, or Yannica’s own party, were any the wiser, she rushed into a position of vantage. From there, she unleashed a spell that had slain numerous undead, while others were left weakened for her allies to finish off.

Thus the lives of many scholars and accompanying guards were saved. And although the expedition did not recover anything truly extraordinary that time, Yannica’s quick wit and decisive actions ensured her reputation among her peers was solidified from thereon.

Hushed rumours speak of a beast on the prowl, a terrible monster born of the Shadow. It slithers in dark corners, where Lumaya’s light does not reach, never to be seen until it is too late. And when it unleashes its bloodthirst, there is no escape. Razorsharp claws rend steel and flesh alike, and the beast strikes with such blinding speed that its unfortunate victims never have a chance to realize from whence their death arrived.

Candraphon - though few know the name - is that abomination, and much of what is whispered about him is neither myth nor exaggeration, but a nightmarish truth. He is an ancient Demonspawn, whose origins lie far beyond the realm of Teleria. Whatever drives him is hard to comprehend for a mortal mind, but there is malicious intelligence behind the seemingly barbaric acts of butchery.

The truth is simple but no less disturbing for it. Candraphon is a predator. A stalker that treats the mortal realms as his hunting grounds, and the lesser creatures that dwell therein as quarry to slay whenever he wishes. To attract the gaze of this demon’s burning eyes is to invite a swift and brutal demise, for Candraphon revels in victory over worthy prey above all else.

A Sacred Order Commandery marching to war is always a grandiose affair. Rows upon rows of Knights and soldiery kneel beneath the fluttering banners, chanting mighty vows of obedience and valour in the Old Tongue. Oftentimes, a liturgy is held to praise the Goddess of Light and ask for Her protection. Such ceremonies require a choir, as it is well-known the harmony of music is pleasing to Lumaya. The lead singer must always be female - in honour of the Goddess - and her duties do not end with conducting peaceful prayer alone.

Not even the clamour of battle is enough to silence the Word of Lumaya, and it is the Mistress of Hymns who bolsters the faithful by example and by song. Such is the power of her voice and the purity of her faith, that Champions find their resolve strengthened and their wounds fading away under Lumaya’s gaze.

Not even death is enough to extinguish the flames of hope. When all seems lost and need is greatest, the Hymn of Rebirth booms across the battlefield, calling the fallen back to life. Shielded from the enemy’s eyes by blinding light, they may recover and join the fray once more.

It is a Seneschal’s sacred duty to enact Royal decrees in the province entrusted to him by the King of Kaerok. He represents the King’s unwavering authority in all facets of life, and that includes warfare. Thus, a Seneschal must always be a Knight without fear or blame. And while those ideals are not always followed by the nobility, Royal agents come under greater scrutiny.

Thus the Seneschal stands a pillar of courage and pride among his allies, ready to issue a bellowing challenge to any foes that dare stand against him. But exquisite plate armour and a heavy mace paired with a shield are not the only advantages at the Seneschal’s disposal.

As an agent of the Crown, he is granted access to the potions brewed by the Court Wizards. Some potent healing salves to keep the mighty Champion and his retinue alive are sure to come useful, while others go as far as turning whoever takes the potion invisible to the eye of the foe.

There are some who romanticize vampires, painting them in legend and song as beautiful, seductive beings. And, indeed, some may be fortunate enough to retain an eerie beauty through dark rituals and magic. But that is merely a fragile facade that will crumble sooner or later to reveal these damned souls for the beasts that they truly are. Some are not even fortunate enough to prolong this illusion.

The Corpse Collector is a fairly crude monicker given by peasantry of Kaerok that she had terrorized for years. Closer to a ghoul, perhaps, than a true vampire, she nonetheless still maintains a grasp of her intelligence. That, of course, makes the undead monster much more dangerous.

She feeds on the pain and blood of her victims, all too eager to siphon their lifeblood and invigorate herself. Capable of summoning unclean flames to blind and cripple her foes, the Corpse Collector is nonetheless a cautious foe. When threatened, she will strike out with poisonous claws and vanish into the shadows, whether to escape or pounce the next unfortunate fool from the back a moment later.

For all their vile nature and often bestial ferocity in battle, Demonspawn legions are far from being an uncontrollable horde. Indeed, their discipline and organization are among the prime reasons why the servants of Siroth are so dangerous. Their twisted commanders bear many of the same titles of nobility that the Lords of Teleria are used to, and often direct their lesser kin with guile and ruthless intent.

The Infernal Baroness prefers to let her minions - and, of course, a majestic being like her can only have minions, not allies - to do most of the fighting, while she directs them. One should not mistake that for inability to fight, however. This demoness is more than capable of dispatching foes in person, should the need arise, and she does strike out frequently, allowing those at her side to be strengthened by the blood she spills while her foes wither and turn frail. She is even capable of bending the shadows to her will and wrapping them around her chosen Champion, letting them move and make battle unseen.

The lands where Knights Revenant have made their own little realm are desolate, filled with ruins and mysteries best left forgotten. That holds true to the lesser factions, of course. The fearful fools who would rather let power slip through their fingers than risk disturbing some ancient evil. But the Knights Revenant are free of such bothersome superstitions.

The Necrohunter seeks out ancient tombs and necropolises, where the undead dwell and mighty items of power can yet be found hidden beneath the dust of ages. Always alone and always outnumbered by the soulless creatures that dwell there, the Necrohunter has learned to move unseen and unheard through the cobweb-covered corridors, to seek out the weaknesses in even the hardest armour, and to let loose with multiple arrows that strike his foes with ruthless precision.

And when his masters call, the Necronhunter is more than ready to join his brethren in faith and put his talents to use against foes of flesh and blood. Or whoever stands against the coming Apocalypse.

Though archers remain, arguably, the most feared battle formation of the nomads that roam the Deadlands, underestimating their other warriors - especially those of the Hill Nomads - would be a grave mistake indeed. A bow is not required to know the dunes like the palm of their hand, nor to move unseen through the sandstorms that would have a foreigner running for cover.

Trained to the point of understanding nature instinctively, these Nomads can lead their allies through the most daunting terrain and help them set up a deadly ambush for the foe. And their knowledge of the herbs allows them to always carry surprisingly effective healing salves with them, ensuring that warriors that count the Hill Nomad among their friends can always receive timely aid for their injuries.

A veteran of many campaigns, the Steadfast Marshal is a taciturn and reliable warrior. His powerful built and vast experience allow him to wield a heavy mace with ease. His mere presence is imposing enough to distract enemies and focus their murderous intentions on himself. 

The survival of his allies takes the highest priority, and the Marshal does not hesitate to use every trick up his armoured sleeve - including alchemical potions brewed by his Lord’s resident mad wizard - to conceal his allies from the enemy’s sight in great explosions of magical smoke and let all foes face him instead. What’re a few new scars for an old dog anyway? 

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 23, 2019, 11:3508/23/19
Aug 23, 2019, 12:54(edited)
02/03/19

Hi, 

I am not sure but i think Vizier Ovelis will be to strong at the CB.

And why?? i know some people the have Warlord for the CB and his first skill make him absolute OPPP! (not only that his shild is nice 2)

And that skill is: Attacks 1 enemy. Has a 25% (Booked 45%)  chance of incrasing the duration of all debuffs by 1 turn.

Now we have Vizier Ovelis with his first skill is the same but with 35% chance and booked 50% to incrasing the duration of all debuffs by 1 turn that is OP but now the unless thing, that is a 3 hit skill and each hit can brock that!!  

that is to much Palarium, that guy is  extremely exaggerated please take a lookt at him how he will perfome.

The rest looks pretty nice but i see no need for that new Veil Buff at the moment, i hope Futuer dungens make that buff useful.

BR

Wiuf

Aug 23, 2019, 11:4708/23/19
08/07/19
first hero is totally overpower
Aug 23, 2019, 11:5908/23/19
Aug 23, 2019, 11:59(edited)
02/22/19

They need at least one op champ each update to increase shard sales...

Nerfing him afterwards might drive away some players, but the money is already in, so who cares...
Aug 23, 2019, 14:0308/23/19
03/13/19
People always moan "that champ is bad and that champ is bad bla" and when they realize a realy breathtaking champ people also moan...thats so annoying...just be happy when you get one and if you have warlord, live with it, champs will always be replaced by better champs.
Aug 23, 2019, 16:0208/23/19
03/04/19

I don't see Chameleon from the Lizardmen faction.

.. oh wait.
Aug 23, 2019, 16:3408/23/19
10/13/18
Shield Anvil said:

I don't see Chameleon from the Lizardmen faction.

.. oh wait.
Ikr... lol. The one faction where it would make sense
Aug 23, 2019, 17:3708/23/19
03/22/19
Ya'll better put veil on older, low performing champs too.
Aug 23, 2019, 21:3908/23/19
Aug 23, 2019, 22:23(edited)
05/31/19

Yea I agree, the first guys is going to be OP. Also I have another complaint...

I’ve put far to much money into this game, more than I’m willing to share, with little to show for it. I have 1 decent legendary and 2 bad ones. Specifically Ma’Shalled is REDICULOUSLY weak for a legendary champion. He has no use really anywhere in the game, and does not shine in any aspect. 

Instead of adding so many more champions into the mix (especially ones that are completely OP) maybe you guys can buff some of the really crappy legendaries that are out there. I feel like there really shouldn’t be any BAD legendary champs. Ma’Shalled is bad...

Sorry to come off as a complainer, just my thoughts. Community Managers please let me know what you think, and if you want my input on what I think should be changed about him, let me know. Thanks.

-DeepSea8494

Aug 24, 2019, 01:5008/24/19
02/08/19

Loving the new buff and new champs

Some older do need work like others have stated, I feel the new champs for once might be spot on

I have a couple of the new champs and will be testing them out. 

No nerfs please thanks 
Aug 24, 2019, 18:0708/24/19
Aug 24, 2019, 18:27(edited)
04/20/19

Nice to see new champs. I hope you don't nerf Vizier soon because I have seen people extending debuffs to like 10+ turns.

But do me a favour Plarium, can you please buff the new champs before any new champ releases?

So many Legendary champs' AI are wonky and not using their best skills at all on auto.

Black Knight has the lower Def up buff and he's a Legendary for God's sake.

Soulless is shit for such a rare Legendary , he is a void Legendary and he sits in my vault with BK doing regimental drills and guard duty management.

He has the same skill as Vizier's A1 but it's on his A3 over a 4/5 turn cooldown. That's not usable. Make it 3/4 turns instead. Make his kit complement his A3. If his A1 is similar to Luria's A1 or Vizier's A2 then his A3 is fun.

Please make his skill kit more viable for CB. Maybe an attack down or hp burn added.

Maybe as a priority, boost all the void Legendaries first if you guys are in a brain freeze or creative mental block. Then boost the worst Legendaries.

Aug 24, 2019, 21:0008/24/19
03/23/19

DeepSea8494 said:

Yea I agree, the first guys is going to be OP. Also I have another complaint...

I’ve put far to much money into this game, more than I’m willing to share, with little to show for it. I have 1 decent legendary and 2 bad ones. Specifically Ma’Shalled is REDICULOUSLY weak for a legendary champion. He has no use really anywhere in the game, and does not shine in any aspect. 

Instead of adding so many more champions into the mix (especially ones that are completely OP) maybe you guys can buff some of the really crappy legendaries that are out there. I feel like there really shouldn’t be any BAD legendary champs. Ma’Shalled is bad...

Sorry to come off as a complainer, just my thoughts. Community Managers please let me know what you think, and if you want my input on what I think should be changed about him, let me know. Thanks.

-DeepSea8494

I cannot agree with this more! I just don't understand how they can have useless LEGENDARY champs and then come out with characters like Vizier and Hegemon. Where is the balance in that? I too have spent more money than I care to admit and even though I very much enjoy this game, I'm finding it harder and harder to spend more.

Please, please, please address the unbalanced and totally trash legendary champions.

Aug 25, 2019, 02:4708/25/19
05/13/19

Vizier is getting Nerfed.

Don’t use your books on him.

Otherwise, you will cry when they nerf him.

Aug 26, 2019, 06:4408/26/19
03/14/19

I like the new champions, and we will see how does the new mechanic of vail affect the gameplay.

I honestly don't understand why you keep creating Sacred Order's champions.

The Vizier sounds a little bit too much. But like everything, time will show.

Looking forward to the faction war! Thanks for your job guys.
Aug 26, 2019, 14:1008/26/19
03/25/19

Yannica!

This champ has great potential.....but is ridiculously underwhelming. Could you please consider buffing her a bit? Maybe adding a shield but to her a1. Or add a Def down or Speed down to her a3. Something other than what she's got now.  I think she is the lowest rated legendary now :/

Aug 27, 2019, 16:1108/27/19
Aug 27, 2019, 16:46(edited)
03/21/19

Please either buff yannica or move her to uncommon/rare pool.

I pulled her and shes just garbage for a 0.5% Chance legendary pull.

Edit: She doesnt need small buffs, she needs a better skillset overall.
Aug 27, 2019, 22:0608/27/19
07/04/19
We call her Yuccica. How on earth she is even considered a Legendary is beyond me.  Alway dead first, her passive makes no sense so many better aura that buff all and not just spirit.  For an attack legendary she is one big fail.
CirillaAdmin
Aug 28, 2019, 10:1008/28/19
Aug 28, 2019, 10:10(edited)
02/27/19
Hi guys! We will double-check Vizier and Yannica's performance and parameters, and take measures if needed. Thank you for your comments.
Sep 4, 2019, 23:5009/04/19
Sep 4, 2019, 23:51(edited)
05/08/19

Vizier is perfect as he is. He is what a legendary champ is meant to be. He looks good because so many other legendaries are so 'under'whelming.

Another nerf of an exciting and worthy champ will be the end of this game. I mean, that'll be it, nobody would dare invest anymore. What would be the point? Spend on shards, get great champ, really happy and champ gets nerfed just like all the others. Money down the toilet.

It would usually be once bitten twice shy, but lets be honest, this is now happening on a regular basis. Worthy champs nerfed, bad champs stay bad.

A recipe for disaster!
Sep 5, 2019, 02:3509/05/19
Sep 5, 2019, 02:36(edited)
05/31/19
Cirilla said:

Hi guys! We will double-check Vizier and Yannica's performance and parameters, and take measures if needed. Thank you for your comments.
Can you reply to my comments in the champion balance request forum? I never hear back from you guys. It would be nice if you could rebalance the VERY underwhelming Legendaries that already exist instead of rebalancing new champs. Specifically Ma’Shalled. Please fix him...
Sep 5, 2019, 08:3109/05/19
07/12/19
Cirilla said:

As someone who has Vizier this is not going to go down well if you nerf him.  As a relatively new player who bought a lot of shards to get him, I also used all my legendary books and paid for ascension potions.  To nerf my only god tier champion will ensure I will never spend money on this game again.  I’m sure you don’t care about this but the onus should fall on Plarium to test champs before release, not wait for a significant amount of time afterwards once the money has been spent, to nerf it.  If you SteelBowyer this champ, you will definitely lose a customer in me. Again, you probably don’t care but just want to add my opinion.