(News) Raid: Shadow Legends Roadmap

Search
MariusAdmin
Aug 13, 2019, 10:2808/13/19
09/04/17

Greetings, Raiders!

Update 1.9 introduced some of the long-requested features to the game - like new Dungeon Stages and powerful Legendary Artifacts. Those are some big updates, but that’s not all - and we know you want more.

So, today the time has come to shed some light on our plans and share our current development roadmap for Raid.

With that said, here’s what we have coming up over the rest of 2019!

Now, keep in mind that as we start development and start testing these features, things might change or things might just not work out as intended. As such, the plan is subject to change - but right now, this is our plan.

Here are a few more details on each feature:

• New Factions. We’re always looking to add more awesome and exciting Champions to Raid. The stout and stubborn Dwarves have been seen already, but they are not the only power that shall join the Champions of Lumaya. Mysterious warriors from far beyond are mustering their strength and shall set out to join their forces to yours when the time is right. These warriors will be unlike what you’ve seen in Teleria before, and they will bring some curious unique mechanics.
  • Desktop Version. We know a lot of you use emulators to play Raid on PC, but now there’s no need. We’ll soon be releasing an officially supported desktop version of Raid that runs faster, smoother, and has better graphics. Simply put, it’s going to be the best way to play Raid on PC.
  • Faction Wars. A new game mode that tailored to building teams of each Faction in the game. Want to learn more? Check the info in-game from the battle mode selection screen.
  • Glyphs. These arcane trinkets will not be easy to obtain, but when used correctly, will empower your Champions beyond your wildest dreams.
  • Platinum Arena Tier. Only the mightiest Champions can hope to rise to the top of the Arena. It’s a hard feat to match, but the rewards will make it worth your while.
  • Battle Pass. New Seasonal challenges, a chance to win unique profile avatars, a new player profile customization system, and much more.
  • Void Tower. This foreboding tower has stood abandoned for centuries, its mighty gates barred and closed to the outside. What lies within will require the might of all your Champions. Prepare well to succeed.
  • Tag Team Arena. A new Arena mode is coming that brings teamplay and team synergy to the fore. These battles will be longer, harder, and require at least 12 Champions to compete with your rivals.
  • New Clan Boss. A terrible threat stirs, and no single Champion can hope to defeat it alone. Only strength in unity can bring salvation! Of course, this new menace will require a vastly different strategy than what you are used to with the Demon Lord - with more Champions needed to stand a chance against it.
  • Mythical Artifact Crafting. New challenges will be trying, and even the mightiest Champions need equipment of equal power to carry them through battle. Teleria’s best smiths will be put to the test to recreate Mythical Artifacts - special weapons and equipment once thought lost to the history books. This will include special Sets that won’t be obtainable anywhere else!

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 13, 2019, 13:3208/13/19
03/02/19

Dear Marius,

The desktop version is pretty much useless since you have a limit on the multi-useless battle feature.Other than better graphics it's pretty much pointless, people will still use the emulator and auto clicker to farm sooooo. Well done!

When the multi-battle feature was requested. It was meant make the grind easier not to make our wallets lighter. And make them lighter also with a cap.

Idon't know whats worse this game management or a slot machine

Terribly sad to be disapointed every update.....

Best regards,

Florin

Aug 13, 2019, 14:1708/13/19
02/07/19
I like the desktop version. No need for the simulator.
Aug 13, 2019, 14:2608/13/19
07/15/19

I’ve been disappointed up until very recently with how Plarium has received and acted on feedback, but even I find it kind of disingenuous for an inherently free to play game getting these many additions to it within an honestly wild time frame(considering other games like Evertale) to be chewed out by players who don’t even want to see how their PC version pans out, let alone how it plays. 

I see a lot of great additions here that do help me feel like this game is worth the time to put in, while however unbalanced some of the champions and drop rates might be. That’s something I hope you do keep looking at, and hopefully faster, but I just wanted to express my appreciation for the work that’s being done.

Aug 13, 2019, 16:3508/13/19
Aug 13, 2019, 16:36(edited)
07/23/19

Hi Marius:)

Those features look amazing.

Esp the desktop version. I would love to play this game on pc instead of mobile.

The new boss sounds cool and looking forward to the tag team, faction wars.

Only being able to pick 5 heroes makes my choices very limited. With 12 heroes attacking i can create some sick combos like stacking a lot of posions and debuffs and let septimus and a few more increase their durations. Will create a lot of dmg and finally being able to get more buffs and debuffs in the fight without relying on the getting the more god like heroes in the game. 

My prayers to rngesus are not being answered;)

Great game and thank you for your hard work.

Aug 13, 2019, 16:4008/13/19
03/21/19

Marius,

I don't see any Quality of Life upgrades on this list.  When will we get artifact sorting tools?  When will we get the Tavern improvements that are drastically needed?

Are the QoL and Development teams one and the same?  Or are they operating independently?

Thanks,

Nick T.

13 Aug 2019

Aug 13, 2019, 23:3208/13/19
03/13/19
For the desktop version, I have only one question - does it support Linux?
Aug 14, 2019, 01:1908/14/19
04/04/19
These are certainly most welcome additions to an already amazing game. I am definitely looking forward to the desktop version. I hope it will be coming out before all the other great features. I want to see that new clan boss on my ultra graphic PC settings :). This seems like a very healthy line-up for the rest of 2019. Also, it seems like you guys have been stepping in the right direction with community feedback. Please keep that up. Thanks again!
CirillaAdmin
Aug 14, 2019, 10:5708/14/19
02/27/19

Hello everyone! Will answer your questions here:

gabrovflorin said:

Dear Marius,

The desktop version is pretty much useless since you have a limit on the multi-useless battle feature.Other than better graphics it's pretty much pointless, people will still use the emulator and auto clicker to farm sooooo. Well done!

When the multi-battle feature was requested. It was meant make the grind easier not to make our wallets lighter. And make them lighter also with a cap.

There will be improvements in the multi-battle sphere of the game in one of the closes releases. You will see that the modified feature will make it easier to deal with the grind.

JULESJLARSON said:

I see a lot of great additions here that do help me feel like this game is worth the time to put in, while however unbalanced some of the champions and drop rates might be. That’s something I hope you do keep looking at, and hopefully faster, but I just wanted to express my appreciation for the work that’s being done.

Thank you very much for your inspiring feedback, we are certainly happy to hear that you are enjoying the game  We are going to implement champion rebalances almost in every upcoming release, so things will be getting better in this area gradually. As for drop rates, RNG is a tricky thing, but we area already testing some modifications in the algorithms that control the whole thing.

KASEEVE said:

Can you have the dev team look at the suggestions i have made here, i think persons may like the suggestions. https://plarium.com/forum/en/raid-shadow-legends/772_general/146443_general-game-improvement/

Thank you, I will check it and reply in the thread under the comment. However, in the future, please stick to the corresponding thread so that others are not flooded with irrelevant topics. Thanks. We do check our Suggestions branch, only not always do we have the opportunity to respond to every post as fast as we would like. 

TJOVIC81 said:

Great game and thank you for your hard work.

Thank you so very much! It is a pure pleasure to hear this kind of feedback. May our RNGesus be merciful to us all.

GNAT52577 said:

I don't see any Quality of Life upgrades on this list. When will we get artifact sorting tools? When will we get the Tavern improvements that are drastically needed?
Are the QoL and Development teams one and the same? Or are they operating independently?

Of course, QoL updates are also on the list for the future patches, it is just that we did not mention them on the map, since they are comparatively minor changes. The team that works on the features and the QoL changes is the same one :)

T_TONY_T said:

For the desktop version, I have only one question - does it support Linux?

I am afraid, it does not, only Windows and Mac, for now.

REVENNARAS said:

These are certainly most welcome additions to an already amazing game. I am definitely looking forward to the desktop version. I hope it will be coming out before all the other great features. I want to see that new clan boss on my ultra graphic PC settings :). This seems like a very healthy line-up for the rest of 2019. Also, it seems like you guys have been stepping in the right direction with community feedback. Please keep that up. Thanks again!

Thank you for the amazing words! We will keep doing our best to make the game prosper as it should.

Aug 18, 2019, 21:5208/18/19
08/16/19
[patiently waiting for start from scratch feature].
Aug 19, 2019, 16:0208/19/19
03/10/19

The upcoming update sounds exciting.

However, I am most excited about the possible QoL improvements. I know for sure from reddit posts of active players that many many players are looking forward to QoL improvements. So much so that I think it would be a good move to share plans for upcoming QoL features.

The game is truly unique and quite enjoyable but the grind is terrible. I'm also playing Elune and Heir of Light and I think that Raid should step up in terms of QoL to be on par with other modern gachas such as mentioned. 

I'd say that these would be awesome:

- real multi battle. No limit but for energy.

- Upgrade system (aka tavern) to be streamlined and semi automated

- filter heroes and items

- bulk select items by filter for sell

- upgrade item all the way to 16 

Thank you so much! 
Aug 25, 2019, 14:2608/25/19
07/28/19

DarkAngel said:

The upcoming update sounds exciting.

However, I am most excited about the possible QoL improvements. I know for sure from reddit posts of active players that many many players are looking forward to QoL improvements. So much so that I think it would be a good move to share plans for upcoming QoL features.

The game is truly unique and quite enjoyable but the grind is terrible. I'm also playing Elune and Heir of Light and I think that Raid should step up in terms of QoL to be on par with other modern gachas such as mentioned. 

Thank you so much! 

i can dig real multi battle. No limit but for energy. an Upgrade system (aka tavern) to be streamlined and semi automated even  upgrade item all the way to 16 as long as u have money

Aug 25, 2019, 17:2308/25/19
08/16/19

If Plarium does a champion re-balance - they should give an option to return all investment the player put into it and reset it to level 1 to let the player decide if the "re-balance' works for them or not.  Chickens/potions/scrolls -

Aug 25, 2019, 22:4008/25/19
04/04/19
Please add some sort of trade in for duplicate legendaries. I now have 3 Hakkorhns. It is pretty disgusting to see 3 of the same legs in my vault.
Aug 26, 2019, 18:2708/26/19
05/13/19
I noticed a teaser on raids YouTube channel for the pc client coming soon. Any chance at some more Info, eta, anything? 
Sep 1, 2019, 23:1409/01/19
03/22/19

A few things about Faction Wars that would be great to know beforehand:

What should we be expecting? Is it going to be a variation of dungeon style battles with a few waves and a boss at the end? Is there going to be any sort of PVP content involved not including a highscore/ladder system? How big are the teams we'll need in order to participate? Are the Factions based on their team or their banner (The Telerians, Gaellen Pact, etc / Banner Lords, Ogryn Tribes, etc)? Can't seem to find a definition of what a Faction is, but really hoping it's the former.

And finally, if it is the former, how will the dwarves be participating given the mostly empty Nyresan Union? And if it is the latter, are we expected to have 80 champs maxed out? Just the storage for that will be crippling, let alone having to obtain the right champs to form a team.

Sep 2, 2019, 13:4909/02/19
05/13/19
When i was asking on discord about how desktop version will look one of your members told me that there are sreenshots on website, but images on website not look like screenshots to me, they look too good i dont belive in that. How long we need to wait to get any more info?
CirillaAdmin
Sep 2, 2019, 14:0709/02/19
02/27/19

Hello everyone! 

Thank you for your questions. I will answer them one by one:

snakext said:

[patiently waiting for start from scratch feature].
You can always start all over by creating a new Plarium ID (any email address works) and connecting it to the new account. Please make sure that you have connected your old account to a Plarium ID, as well, to be able to get back to it in case you change your mind and decide to keep developing the first account. I may have also misunderstood your question. If so, please let me know.

DARKANGEL said:

We are going to add more available runs for the multi-battle mode. The tavern is being reviewed, too. The filter for champions is coming up in the next release, and so are a lot of QoL modifications in the Artifacts area. The Arts auto-upgrade system will also be introduced with the closest patch.

SOMEGUY said:

If Plarium does a champion re-balance - they should give an option to return all investment the player put into it and reset it to level 1 to let the player decide if the "re-balance' works for them or not. Chickens/potions/scrolls -

We will think about it, however, the thing is that you do take your time using the champions that may later be nerfed to your advantage, having spent the resources on them. But this question is still being discussed.

MILI said:

Please add some sort of trade in for duplicate legendaries. I now have 3 Hakkorhns. It is pretty disgusting to see 3 of the same legs in my vault.

We do have plans for the duplicates. You will yourself see everything soon enough :)

RUSH13 said:

I noticed a teaser on raids YouTube channel for the pc client coming soon. Any chance at some more Info, eta, anything? 

We are planning to release the game for PlariumPlay desktop version more or less together with the 1.11 patch. Keen an eye on our updates ;)

GOODGUYGLEN said:

A few things about Faction Wars that would be great to know beforehand:
What should we be expecting? Is it going to be a variation of dungeon style battles with a few waves and a boss at the end? Is there going to be any sort of PVP content involved not including a highscore/ladder system? How big are the teams we'll need in order to participate? Are the Factions based on their team or their banner (The Telerians, Gaellen Pact, etc / Banner Lords, Ogryn Tribes, etc)? Can't seem to find a definition of what a Faction is, but really hoping it's the former.
And finally, if it is the former, how will the dwarves be participating given the mostly empty Nyresan Union? And if it is the latter, are we expected to have 80 champs maxed out? Just the storage for that will be crippling, let alone having to obtain the right champs to form a team.

We will give you all the details as soon as the FW become available in the game, no worries. What I can confirm is that a Faction equals a Banner, yes. We are also working on improving the storage.

Sep 3, 2019, 13:5109/03/19
05/13/19
Cirilla said:

We are planning to release the game for PlariumPlay desktop version more or less together with the 1.11 patch. Keen an eye on our updates ;)
Patch 1.11 hit today so "more or less" mean soooon :D
Sep 3, 2019, 17:3709/03/19
Sep 3, 2019, 18:18(edited)
02/22/19

Here's both a suggestion and question: Could you add color to the roadmap image shown in Marius' post, highlighting released content? Would make it quite easy to follow up on status without scrolling past the first post ;)

Like this but in actual good quality? (not an artist here :D)

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.