(News) Mountain King Buff

Search
MariusAdmin
Aug 9, 2019, 11:1608/09/19
09/04/17

Greetings, Raiders!

We have kept an ear to the ground and, as ever, passed your feedback to the Dev Team. It has come to our attention that most of the Community found the new Dwarven Legendary Champion - Mountain King - to be rather underwhelming. We know many players were excited to see Dwarves arrive to Teleria and wanted the Champions to represent the well-known resilience and prowess of these stubborn warriors. Needless to say, we had the matter investigated right away.

It would appear that His Majesty’s ancestral axe had been forgotten in the vaults of the Royal Palace by a hapless servant and replaced with an inferior replica to avoid the Mountain King’s legendary tantrum. It is my pleasure to report that the guilty squire received a thorough thrashing, and his daily ale ration has been reduced to a measly half-a-pint. Even as you read this missive, the swiftest Dwarven runners are making haste back to their Realm with the task of reclaiming the Mountain King’s mighty weapon and delivering it to the rightful owner. We expect His Majesty’s prowess to increase thus:

• Base HP increased.
  • Base Cooldowns for [Enchanted Axe] and [Regal Force] decreased to 5 Turns
  • [Fabled Skill] now increases ATK by 50% the Mountain King kills an enemy and stacks up to 100%
  • Mountain King’s Skills now scale from his HP and ATK. His overall damage output has increased

Everyone knows Dwarves are natural sprinters, so we are hoping it shall not take the runners too long to complete their mission. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 9, 2019, 12:3808/09/19
03/22/19
Except no one really cared about the legendary that only a handful of players will ever get, what about the rest of the garbage in that faction?
Aug 9, 2019, 12:4008/09/19
02/22/19
GoodGuyGlen said:

Except no one really cared about the legendary that only a handful of players will ever get, what about the rest of the garbage in that faction?
Yeah, apart from the butcher they all seem to have forgotten their war attire and went to the surface naked and unarmed
Aug 9, 2019, 12:4508/09/19
03/07/19
Wow what a “buff”... he still sucks. Just like every dwarf. Please try again. Please. 
Aug 9, 2019, 12:4608/09/19
Aug 9, 2019, 12:48(edited)
05/04/19

I would suggest you to consider implementing the proposed solution below:

Have a open beta server that allows players to test new patches in a beta server (which resets once the patches is live on the production server). 

The beta server will have unlimited tomes, chickens and potions of all types (force/spirit/magic/arcane).

Why? This allows player to help play-test and provide some feedback whether the introduction of new Champions is underwhelming/overwhelming/balance, rather than having developer's OR the person in charge of making the champion skills.

Benefits? Once it reaches to the live production server, they will be less issues and no sudden nerfing of Champion when player invest their hard earned tomes or tomes that were purchased with real money, and also gems/chickens/ and what-not to level up that Champion to 6 stars.

Realistically, with 5 turn cooldown with -1 cooldown after skilling up the skill, it's still underwhelming compared to the other Epic and Rare dwarf skills. A Legendary should be strong and unique, not just more damage and plain skill.

Marius said:

Greetings, Raiders!

We have kept an ear to the ground and, as ever, passed your feedback to the Dev Team. It has come to our attention that most of the Community found the new Dwarven Legendary Champion - Mountain King - to be rather underwhelming. We know many players were excited to see Dwarves arrive to Teleria and wanted the Champions to represent the well-known resilience and prowess of these stubborn warriors. Needless to say, we had the matter investigated right away.

It would appear that His Majesty’s ancestral axe had been forgotten in the vaults of the Royal Palace by a hapless servant and replaced with an inferior replica to avoid the Mountain King’s legendary tantrum. It is my pleasure to report that the guilty squire received a thorough thrashing, and his daily ale ration has been reduced to a measly half-a-pint. Even as you read this missive, the swiftest Dwarven runners are making haste back to their Realm with the task of reclaiming the Mountain King’s mighty weapon and delivering it to the rightful owner. We expect His Majesty’s prowess to increase thus:

Base HP increased.

Base Cooldowns for [Enchanted Axe] and [Regal Force] decreased to 5 Turns

[Fabled Skill] now increases ATK by 50% the Mountain King kills an enemy and stacks up to 100%

Mountain King’s Skills now scale from his HP and ATK. His overall damage output has increased

Everyone knows Dwarves are natural sprinters, so we are hoping it shall not take the runners too long to complete their mission. 

Aug 9, 2019, 13:5708/09/19
Aug 9, 2019, 14:04(edited)
05/13/19

If you wanted to buff the Mountain King, you should have gone a few steps further.

• The M.King A1 = Attack 1 enemy 

The M.King is a KING!

The M.King is a LEGENDARY!

You gave him an A1 skill which common hero’s have.

Don’t you think the Dwarf King should have an A1 which elevates him past a commoner?

The Royal ascension should have bestowed upon the King an A1 will a Description.

The A1 could of had a 1 of the following Description’s:

• Block Revive
  • Decrease Defense 
  • Weaken

Out of the above 3 skills, I like the Block Revive description the best.

It would match his kit beautifully.

It would make him a single target Assassin!

Hey, nothing wrong with a King who can take out people, you don’t want to get on his bad side!

• The M.King A2 + A3 = Very good skills on really long Cool Downs

The Base Cool down’s should have been 4 with the ability to book them down to 3 turns.

The way you have it now the lowest a person can get his skills is 4 turns.

A 4 Turn Cool Down is a really long time.

The game introduced the Demon Spawn Legendary Cruetraxa which ignores 50% defense on her Default skill.

The skill never has a Cool Down.

If the M.King was ignoring 100% defense, I would understand why you want the Cool Down very long.

The issue is it is only 50%.

You have released other hero’s with same 50% with no Cool Down’s at all.

Yeah, I think dropping the skill cool down lower or at least letting players use Tomes to get it lower would have been best.

• The M.King last skill is redundant and not really useful.

You see most players use a hero who increases Atk by 50%.

It adds nothing to the fight for the M.King to buff himself by 50%.

The passive should have buffed the M.King Crit Damage.

The passive would of contributed in making the M.King a very formidable 1 on 1 Foe.

The M.King can only hit 1 person at a time.

The M.King will light up anyone he hits.

There isn’t anything wrong with that.

I think the above changes I’m saying could have helped him be better.

It would have kept his 1 Target theme.

It would have made him a Force to be reckoned with.

Having a hero that is an assassin in Arena or Dungeon’s can be useful.

I think having Block Revive on the M.King A1 will make Ice Golem Tournament mildly tolerable.

Stupid minions never die - Revive forever!

Aug 9, 2019, 13:5708/09/19
Aug 9, 2019, 14:00(edited)
04/19/19

Still can't even buy more shards due to storage being full. Need more storage to be able to buy all these new sub-par champions you're releasing. 

Aug 9, 2019, 15:5108/09/19
04/19/19
Agreed. 
Aug 9, 2019, 15:5408/09/19
Aug 9, 2019, 16:03(edited)
07/09/19

buff the epic ones tomb breaker too , make the counter attack on all allies  instead of self for the new dwarven , the whole dwarven faction is really underwhelming. 

not only the legendary one but also the epic ones as well.

Aug 9, 2019, 16:2408/09/19
04/05/19
If any of you follow Stew Gaming and his level 20 videos for golem and dragon using seducer, the spirit epic dwarf fills the role he uses seducer for perfectly without having to worry about gear.  It takes time and effort to see how heroes play out.  How many people (including myself) get pissed when Martyr or Crimson helm provoke locks your AOE team?  Then a counter instead of a block damage?  How can people not see him and crimson helm swapping off?
Aug 9, 2019, 18:5308/09/19
Aug 9, 2019, 18:55(edited)
04/19/19
Plarium should rename Mountain King to Garbage King lol  I was going to use my shards to summon but didn't after seeing a faction of garbage being released.
Aug 10, 2019, 02:3808/10/19
Aug 11, 2019, 02:53(edited)
07/16/19

I feel Mountain King would be better if his 2nd skill was turned to 100% ignore defense and his 3rd skill was turned into his 1st skill. His base attack is currently lower than most of the Legendary Ignore defense units in the game, and they have full 100% ignore defense skills. The new buff is supposed to scale all of his attacks off of HP and Attack, but most games I've seen do that type of scaling usually scale for crap, but I'll have to take your word on it that it's higher scaling. For a real 3rd skill for him, since he is a king, some form of rallying shout where he increases ally attack 50% then attacks will all allies. 4 turn cooldown skill 2, 6 turn cooldown skill 3, both lose 1 turn cooldown with tomes.

EDIT: Didn't realise these are basically Longbeard's skills.

I think it would benefit all of us if these updates were to be posted on the forum a week before the actual update, so any overpowered units or underpowered units or "this unit has no power, why did you do this to us. STOP STEALING OUR MONEY" units can be thought over beforehand and the developers can possibly fix any issues with them before the real release, or flip us the bird and tell us to suck it as they have been doing recently. Still better to know beforehand though instead of launching then having to immediately nerf overpowered bugs annoying the player base even further.

Also, not asking for a community manager to respond to my comment, but a response to any of the comments in any of the threads would be appreciated. Having 20 page threads with no response from community managers or developers doesn't seem like good community management.

Aug 10, 2019, 03:5508/10/19
02/20/17

Gratz on a turd of a hero.  I actually rolled this dung ball from a blue.  Stink fart.  An A1 to rival even the most daring of COMMON units.  Never been so bummed to get a legendary.  All hail the king of the squat pot.  Woot.

Aug 10, 2019, 05:5508/10/19
06/01/19

cnetdrs said:

I actually rolled this dung ball from a blue. 

Same here. Extremely disappointed.

Aug 10, 2019, 10:4808/10/19
Aug 10, 2019, 10:51(edited)
06/10/19

Plarium now hiring amateur dev team or what?

Releasing new faction/feature without pretest and decent recalculation before.

Are you guys planning to rebalance every single champ you already released? Pfffft.

Aug 11, 2019, 10:4208/11/19
02/20/17
So that’s it huh...  leaving him garbage?  Too bad. 
Aug 12, 2019, 09:2308/12/19
08/12/19
The passive for Mountain King is so hard to trigger within a round it’s basically non-existent.  If it was on critical it might help, but the A1 needs a change as well. The affinity is wrong for Ice Golem the one dungeon he might be able to actually kill and still get a few hits in.  The hits don’t even scale that hard after testing at lvl 50 vs other champs I have at 50.  Other legs have full ignore defense attacks with at least other interesting skills or AOE.  People should avoid pulling shards during double dwarf event to lower your odds of getting Mointain King.  The epic dwarfs which many are not excited about at least are better than this leg.  Not even sure he is useful for faction wars.  Please revisit his skills.  
Aug 13, 2019, 01:1308/13/19
Aug 13, 2019, 01:13(edited)
02/12/19

Jortsville 655 said:

People should avoid pulling shards during double dwarf event to lower your odds of getting Mointain King.  The epic dwarfs which many are not excited about at least are better than this leg. 

Do you actually believe in the advertised odds????? they can do whatever they want with the odds and no one would know about it.....ever wonder why there is an overwhelming amount of garbage legs being pulled....sometimes you will see the same leg being pulled many times for months!

The whole thing is a scam designed to grab your cash........ : https://www.smh.com.au/business/aristrocrat-buys-israeli-gaming-company-plarium-for-635-million-20170810-gxtaro.html

Aug 26, 2019, 19:2708/26/19
02/16/19

This guy is still a really disappointing piece of crap, just make his skills do damage based of his targets max HP if you don't want to give him AoE, buffs OR debuffs. Make him hit like a goddamn truck single target damage, and even THEN he will still be very "meh". When you compare him to other champs, this guy is literally at a common/uncommon power level. It's truly insulting to get hyped over a legendary pull and get an absolute piece of GARBAGE vault guardian like this guy.

Aug 26, 2019, 23:3408/26/19
Aug 26, 2019, 23:49(edited)
05/31/19

MARIUS!!

I appreciate you buffing legendary champs, as I truly believe there should not be a bad one. However, M. King is a brand new champ. Why not buff the legendary champs that have been bad for a year, and to this day, are still not used by anyone because of how bad they are. For instance Ma’Shalled. Guys is worthless in every game mode. I posted my ideas in the champion balancing forum. Please take note, and get those changes implemented. Thanks.

-DeepSea8494
Aug 27, 2019, 06:0908/27/19
03/14/19

I agree with the comments about the S1, that for me is part of the key of a clear upgrade: a S1 of a common, I don't think that is acceptable. Rather than that, the buff seems quite accurate.

I don't agree about the negative comments about the faction. For example, I think the Honor Guard is exceptional to play the Magic boss, the Bulwark seems like an option to try in the CB and the mechanic of Master Butcher is really interesting, but not easy to play. Both epic champions are interesting in their own way.

I think dwarves present a completely different mechanic of passives skills and endurance, which cannot be appreciate it, but maybe that will come with the time. I was also disappointed with the MK, but know seems like something else. However, I don't see for now how we can build a sustainable pure dwarves team for now, but hey, there's only 10 champions. Probably more attack and support need to be added in the future, even when I would like to see high rates of HP and defense champions in this faction (because totally matches with the characters).

I love dwarves in every fantasy story, for me are the best. I want to see more champions of this faction.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.