All Categories

treasure island tournament is being trolled

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Mar 4, 2016, 09:1803/04/16

Ladies and gent's

there's troll's on these waters , the moment you take hold of an island a force is being send to wipe you off it as soon as you land.

not to take over but only to kick everyone off.

So the tournament is broken coz wiping everyone off means no points to be made.

So there is no use sending your forces coz they get wiped off.

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 4, 2016, 13:2203/04/16
03/27/14

djsteve_ohh said:

Ladies and gent's

there's troll's on these waters , the moment you take hold of an island a force is being send to wipe you off it as soon as you land.

not to take over but only to kick everyone off.

So the tournament is broken coz wiping everyone off means no points to be made.

So there is no use sending your forces coz they get wiped off.

They are prolly PvP hunters or the last event was the treasure hunt

what they do his keep hunting till they find someone on the treasure map and go hit them for the event

you should never send your full defense force to a treasure unless you want PvP  

These Treasure were added to give us a greater challenge 
Mar 4, 2016, 21:0203/04/16
Mar 5, 2016, 04:35(edited)
11/06/15
I know exactly what DJSteve is talking about. There are a few that are doing this, not everyone. It is one thing to get bumped off because someone else wants the treasure but, is very frustrating to be bumped off like this while trying to gather treasures, not PVP points. I usually send them a Fire Ship to show my appreciation.
Mar 5, 2016, 07:1603/05/16
09/21/15

with what i have experienced.

Treasure hunt tournament should reward only for resources collected from it. Yes, there still be fights but to capture not for PVP.

Mar 5, 2016, 13:2903/05/16
03/27/14

I believe there was a solo pvp hunt going on as well 

I was hitting a few to get some easy pvp 
Mar 5, 2016, 13:3403/05/16
09/21/15

Blasphemy said:

I believe there was a solo pvp hunt going on as well 

I was hitting a few to get some easy pvp 

yes but it was overlapped by 44 minutes only.

& even if there was no overlapping treasure hunt should reward for resources collected not for PVP.

Through this there will be no PVP Hunters sending troops to treasure islands and if there is incoming raid it will be to capture the island not to kill only your defenseive troops.

Open murder is eneough only for PVP tournaments not for treasure hunt as well.

Mar 5, 2016, 21:4903/05/16
03/27/14

Well just as that there is troops in there no matter the kill is what counts, so it works both ways 

the next treasure hunt ill have to pay more mind, and just see for me self, I'm still pretty sure treasure hunt is for the hunt = the kill

equals points killing troops it's not all based on resources ,

Mar 6, 2016, 14:4903/06/16
11/03/15

Those PvP islands have some technical issues still.

One is that when you send reinforcements and the island is captured or attacked by another captain while the reinforcements are travelling, they dissapear. No idea where they are going. Not going to the island, not returning to the base.

Another is that they do not have the little arrow showing their direction on the map like the home haven and target islands have.

Also the battle reports do not come or come with big delay. I had one report about it been captured. And long after I got reports about 2 attacks that had been before the final attack.

For more: There is delays with the map. The island have been taken from you still shows that you have it. So you can not resend capture to it from the map, you must go to the lighthouse. It enables the sending of reinforcements on the map though, but do not where those would go when you do not hold the island.

So conclusion the basic functionality works for PvP. But otherwise it is a mess.

Mar 6, 2016, 19:2303/06/16
09/21/15

Tina said:

Those PvP islands have some technical issues still.

One is that when you send reinforcements and the island is captured or attacked by another captain while the reinforcements are travelling, they dissapear. No idea where they are going. Not going to the island, not returning to the base.

this is what i warned our officials about.

They are returning & they are in your harbor
Mar 8, 2016, 13:5403/08/16
11/06/14
Those trolling are no different when you think about it, than those that did the same with the targets when we had them. Some get enjoyment of ensuring others can't gain anything off treasure islands. Which is something to consider and also of course they become a target during pvp. When tournaments are going and overlap, its best to be cautious. For instant xp and pvp or treasure and pvp or presidio takeover and pvp. Basically when pvp overlaps other tournys you should be careful
Mar 8, 2016, 21:2603/08/16
Mar 8, 2016, 21:28(edited)
05/16/15

we all are learning as we go.. some of us love overlapping events when we get credit for earning rewards twice over..
got to love a good pirate game..

at least with treasure Islands you can Nickel & Dime your way through to avoid the sweepers..
It is not much.. but 7 minutes to collect something and escape is workable if not all that profitable.
remember if you keep the sweepers busy running after I grenadier at a time.. they will not have time for more profitable ventures..

and the sweepers - well now you know who they are. A good pirate knows how to make them rue the day they made you aware of their existence.

I look for a reason to attack.. I do not attack out of the blue.. well.. har har .. almost never..
but I only focus on the most deserving of my attentions... Yar har hardy har har....

If you just focus on those who attack your Brotherhood - there is more than enough to keep a dastardly pirate busy.
And looking after your brother keeps them happy

Mar 9, 2016, 01:2603/09/16

This.  The 'sweepers' are the very reason why I stopped going to treasure islands.  Every single time someone (usually the same Captain) would destroy my small fleet on the island.  No point losing units and not even gaining anything at all.

Maybe if the dev team came up with a purchasable, time-sensitive 'Protection' item for treasure islands held, we may be able to get a little loot from them. 
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Mar 9, 2016, 11:0803/09/16
09/17/15
Infoseeken said:

This.  The 'sweepers' are the very reason why I stopped going to treasure islands.  Every single time someone (usually the same Captain) would destroy my small fleet on the island.  No point losing units and not even gaining anything at all.

Maybe if the dev team came up with a purchasable, time-sensitive 'Protection' item for treasure islands held, we may be able to get a little loot from them. 
You can protect your Haven, but not the Treasure Island, as it doesn't belong to you. You only hold it for some period of time. 
Mar 10, 2016, 02:3403/10/16
03/27/14

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Infoseeken said:

You can protect your Haven, but not the Treasure Island, as it doesn't belong to you. You only hold it for some period of time. 

technically with the new added events given weekly they aren't being held at any period of time, which is sad some of us used to be target holders, we actually would fight to keep them, now you're not giving us anything worthy to keep the defense we lose isn't worth the resource we get...

I went from being one of the top target  holders, to not holding any more, because we get the sweepers that come to just knock you off, even if it's no event  

Mar 10, 2016, 08:2303/10/16

Infoseeken said:

Allow me to clarify.  Having an item that could protect a fleet while holding a treasure island.  The fleet, not the island itself.  Even if the item lasted for 10-15 minutes could deter the sweepers long enough to at least grab a little treasure from the island before it expires.  Sweepers always attack within the first 15 minutes of holding a treasure isle.  They don't wait until you're practically full, they hit as soon as they see someone take an island.

In any case, some people are taking advantage of easy kills on others who are trying to grab a bit of treasure from those islands.  While I do understand there be risks involved while trying to hold an island long enough to gain something, common sense dictates that anytime there's repetitive kills while trying to grab treasures every time, then there is a problem with that particular feature that some people are taking advantage of.
Mar 10, 2016, 10:2003/10/16
09/17/15

Infoseeken said:

Infoseeken said:

Allow me to clarify.  Having an item that could protect a fleet while holding a treasure island.  The fleet, not the island itself.  Even if the item lasted for 10-15 minutes could deter the sweepers long enough to at least grab a little treasure from the island before it expires.  Sweepers always attack within the first 15 minutes of holding a treasure isle.  They don't wait until you're practically full, they hit as soon as they see someone take an island.

In any case, some people are taking advantage of easy kills on others who are trying to grab a bit of treasure from those islands.  While I do understand there be risks involved while trying to hold an island long enough to gain something, common sense dictates that anytime there's repetitive kills while trying to grab treasures every time, then there is a problem with that particular feature that some people are taking advantage of.

I understand your point now. But what is the sense of fighting if the fleet is protected? This game is a war game. You can protect your Haven, but not your Fleet deployed somewhere else.

I understand that some players may destroy each one capturing Treasure Islands, but that would not be interesting without a fight. Try to send less Units to become an unwanted victim. Or find another strategy. I'm sure you have enough experience to find the best way to deal with your enemies.

Mar 13, 2016, 17:0303/13/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:01(edited)
11/05/14

Infoseeken said:

Infoseeken said:

I understand your point now. But what is the sense of fighting if the fleet is protected? This game is a war game. You can protect your Haven, but not your Fleet deployed somewhere else.

I understand that some players may destroy each one capturing Treasure Islands, but that would not be interesting without a fight. Try to send less Units to become an unwanted victim. Or find another strategy. I'm sure you have enough experience to find the best way to deal with your enemies.

If you are willing to spend rubies to collect a small amount of resources then just by the resources instead. You will most likely get more that way. 

But i agree that these attacks make it almost impossible to run a profit on the treasure islands and the tournament mostly encourage players to attack them instead of capturing them.

Mar 14, 2016, 07:2603/14/16
11/03/15

The way I see it, what went wrong with the invention of the treasre islands is: the range of them is too big. There should be more of those islands and they should be visible to the smaller range, also the speed of travelling to them should be more conservative. The current situation puts them like in some other dimension, not in the same map at all with regular havens.
I mean not a treasure island for every captain, but for the certain area. So that you can get to know the other captains in the area and get the idea how to deal with them. Curently the islands are kind of like fighting against the whole world, you may deal (get even) with the captain who kills your party, but minutes later several another comes. And one quickly learns that there is no point trying to get resources out of them islands, but them are only good for exchanging troops to tournament points. You may get a rubie or two sometimes but that is only kind of the side effect or small bonus.

Mar 14, 2016, 08:3803/14/16
09/17/15

Tina said:

The way I see it, what went wrong with the invention of the treasre islands is: the range of them is too big. There should be more of those islands and they should be visible to the smaller range, also the speed of travelling to them should be more conservative. The current situation puts them like in some other dimension, not in the same map at all with regular havens.
I mean not a treasure island for every captain, but for the certain area. So that you can get to know the other captains in the area and get the idea how to deal with them. Curently the islands are kind of like fighting against the whole world, you may deal (get even) with the captain who kills your party, but minutes later several another comes. And one quickly learns that there is no point trying to get resources out of them islands, but them are only good for exchanging troops to tournament points. You may get a rubie or two sometimes but that is only kind of the side effect or small bonus.

You're right that you see the Treasure Islands all over the map. But you can always choose the closest one.

And by the way, you are not fighting against the whole world. All Treasure Islands are divided into several groups. And each one of the groups is visible for certain players (according to their level). This is fair enough, isn't it?