New Feature - Brotherhood Activity.

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Comments
CrowbarModerator
Oct 28, 2017, 14:2210/28/17
03/07/16

ozzie_brian said:

So what happens if a b/h gets down to just a single active player? If that player gets rid of all of the inactives will the b/h be allowed to operate under those circumstances, i.e. just the one member?

Yes. I have such a BH on s1 and I have just collected mu 100% activity reward. 

Oct 28, 2017, 20:3410/28/17

Apparently there are a few complex issues that have not been addressed. If the Brotherhood is “dismissed” as they call it what happens to the Bastions and Presidios ? and what about the Rubies and Units? Will all the ex-members be out there on their own, sitting ducks for the other Brotherhoods? Just to mention a few.

CrowbarModerator
Oct 28, 2017, 21:3910/28/17
03/07/16

jock said:

If the Brotherhood is “dismissed” as they call it what happens to the Bastions and Presidios?

I imagine that the Bastion disappears and Presidios are released, just like they would if the leader deliberately disbanded their BH.

jock said:

what about the Rubies and Units?

What about them? They are properties of players, not BH. The units from Presidios are sent to the harbour and those from the Bastion to the stronghold (maybe harbour, but I don't think so) of their owners.

Will all the ex-members be out there on their own, sitting ducks for the other Brotherhoods?

They will be without any flag until they join a new BH, if that's what you mean by "sitting ducks".

I don't understand why is the concept of disbanding the BH so confusing to you people. It seems very clear to me (a sucky idea, but a clear one nonetheless).

Oct 29, 2017, 15:0310/29/17
Oct 29, 2017, 17:06(edited)
12/13/14

Luka said:

Snowgoon said:

60% is just plain wrong. and 14 days is not enough to cover vacations etc

Snowgoon, you have been playing for nearly 3 years, yet you are only level 62. You don't raid, you don't pvp, and you don't play the prizes. You keep inactive level 20's and lower in your bh, pointlessly. What judge are you of the merit of activity? This game will be much more fun with less zombie bh's and more active ones full of players who actually play the game, like The Pirate Horde, which is 100% active.

I am a kabam player and HATE the plarium server, destoyed by russians, hackers, bots and CHEATS - but plarium refuse to fix these problems, much easier for them to destroy weaker brotherhoods

I am much higher level on other servers, resticted only by plarium's ridiculous rum shortages and nerfs - my Stormfall army is 3x stronger but still has a healthy food(rum) supply every hour. Davy Jones gives 30% on other games, not 10%

http://prntscr.com/h3iw49

Fix the Davy Jones relic and give us the same rum boosts as on other games and I will be a happy bunny

You have fallen into plarium's trap, wanting acive coiner bh to completely dominate the game and suck all the fun out of F2P players
They want epic brotherhoods and epic combat, resulting in epic losses and EPIC PROFIT for plarium

Take your head out of the sand for a minute and you will see ..... just Follow the Money

p.s. Pirate Horde has only 50 members, no presidio and no friends, a level 13 bastion and ranked 36th
Success can be measured many ways - I measure my success by the number of true friends I have made over the last 4 years, not by the money spent
My bh on sirens server has 120 members and is ranked 4th with 65% activity, falling from first place only due to very bad diplomacy :)

..... or maybe you measure success on the free rubies collected from tournaments after max fortifications have been built? - http://prntscr.com/h3j2nk

Oct 30, 2017, 22:0310/30/17
02/29/16
Luka said:

Sergey Kryvorotchenko said:

Luka said:

Why don't you make it public?

Hello!

Now it's public. You can track your BH activity statistics in the BH window > Members.
I meant public as why can't we see another BHs activity percentage. It could really help new players with picking the right brotherhood to begin their journey in. And why the hell is 14 days gone player an active member.. ?
Well, you're right. This feature may be useful for players which are looking for a new BH. I'll pass your feedback to devs. Thank you.
Oct 30, 2017, 22:0810/30/17
02/29/16

jock said:

A lot can be said about this new feature, no of which is positive.

There is no doubt that people will leave if Brotherhoods are "Dismissed" ...? (what ever that means)

Presidios will lose some of their protection ... not hard to figure out what comes next.

The idea of removing an inactive Leader isn't a bad idea but the rest is less than advantageous.

Like the old man said ... "all change is not necessarily good".

It will be interesting to see how Plarium cleans this up.

Happy sailing Mates,

Jock

Hello, Captain! 

I understand you may feel confused about a new feature. 

Well, we've already implemented it in other games like Stormfall, Soldiers inc. and Sparta. And now players become more active there. 

And like another old man said: "Everything that is done is done for the best".

Happy sailing!

Oct 30, 2017, 22:1010/30/17
02/29/16
steeltek said:

adz.w said:

Please clarify what is meant by ... "the Brotherhood will be permanently dismissed"

Thank you.

Hello!

That's mean the Brotherhood will be removed. If you were the Brotherhood Leader of a dissolved Brotherhood, you’ll get 2,000 Rubies if you join another Brotherhood afterwards.

What will happen to the active members?  Will they get some sort of protection until they can join another Brotherhood or just left to their own?
Hi! No, they'll not get a protection but they'll get a Quest to join another Brotherhood.
Oct 30, 2017, 22:1110/30/17
02/29/16

Luka said:

whats wrong with you guys? It's the greatest update that has ever come. It needs some changes llke making it public and cutting the active player abstinence to at least 7 days. But other than that - it's great. You pilgrims should rely on active players not some bullshit 123123123124 days inactive players with some def sitting in your damned bastions/presidios

Thank you, Luka!

Happy to hear that you like this feature!

Oct 30, 2017, 22:1310/30/17
02/29/16
Snowgoon said:

60% is just plain wrong. and 14 days is not enough to cover vacations etc

Well, looks like you should invite more active players to your Brotherhood, Captain!
Oct 30, 2017, 22:1910/30/17
02/29/16

Leddo said:

I would very much like to claim my reward, but keep it in the smugglers den so I can choose to apply it when ready. I am sort of forced to do prestige quests at an inconvenient time. I have some stored, surely it would make sense I can turn it on at a later time?

Helpful improvement to rewards. 

Thanks.

Hello!

I hope I've understood you right, Sir. Unfortunately, you can't activate you Prestige at a later time if it was earned via the BH activity.

Oct 30, 2017, 22:2110/30/17
02/29/16

awmllr said:

It is not the brotherhoods that need to be deleted but all the player's havens that are inactive. This would clear the map of all the bot havens, maybe, also.
Be sure, we're fighting bits, Sir. But we're doing this in other ways. :)
Oct 30, 2017, 22:2610/30/17
02/29/16

Snowgoon said:

Why inflict this only on the pirate game, and NOT other games?   http://prntscr.com/h2yb1k

Another nail in the coffin

Actually, we've launched this feature in Stormfall, Sparta, and Soldiers inc. but only on Facebook servers. But we'll see all the Facebook updates here too sooner or later.

Oct 31, 2017, 15:1910/31/17
Oct 31, 2017, 18:23(edited)
11/04/15

Luka said:

Luka said:

Hello!

Now it's public. You can track your BH activity statistics in the BH window > Members.
I meant public as why can't we see another BHs activity percentage. It could really help new players with picking the right brotherhood to begin their journey in. And why the hell is 14 days gone player an active member.. ?
Well, you're right. This feature may be useful for players which are looking for a new BH. I'll pass your feedback to devs. Thank you.

Wrong

This information must remain confidential

In fact, bh activity and last login should not be seen by anybody except BH Leader and a few other officers, and our Diary should be 100% confidential too. I have never understood why any idiot should be allowed to wade ashore, read our diary and escape unpunished. Only a successful scouting mission should allow this

I fail to see why you think semi-active brotherhoods are a bad thing. Plarium have fixated on something that should not concern them. Active bh's already get many benefits from tournaments and bh quests and there was no reason to add extra goodies for those over 80% activity. Again, you are robbing the poor to feed the rich
But no doubt this is easier than actually HELPING normal brotherhoods to grow, instead you choose to wave a big stick and punish them

You are also removing one of the last remaining TACTICAL elements in the game
We use inactive member's havens for PVP TRAPS, sending one dark corsair as a trip wire, then sending reinforcements when they are scouted
It is true that we could still use these havens for traps, but reinforcing would be much slower after they are booted

If you genuinely want us to become more active (which I doubt) then you need to fix all bugs and add new content
Focus your attention on brotherhoods filled with alts, bots and cheats, and support those brotherhoods that are struggling to compete

CrowbarModerator
Oct 31, 2017, 22:4010/31/17
03/07/16

Toggit, I agree with every word. 

Nov 1, 2017, 16:3011/01/17
02/29/16

toggit said:

Luka said:

Luka said:

Hello!

Wrong

In fact, bh activity and last login should not be seen by anybody except BH Leader and a few other officers, and our Diary should be 100% confidential too. I have never understood why any idiot should be allowed to wade ashore, read our diary and escape unpunished. Only a successful scouting mission should allow this

I fail to see why you think semi-active brotherhoods are a bad thing. Plarium have fixated on something that should not concern them. Active bh's already get many benefits from tournaments and bh quests and there was no reason to add extra goodies for those over 80% activity. Again, you are robbing the poor to feed the rich
But no doubt this is easier than actually HELPING normal brotherhoods to grow, instead you choose to wave a big stick and punish them

We use inactive member's havens for PVP TRAPS, sending one dark corsair as a trip wire, then sending reinforcements when they are scouted
It is true that we could still use these havens for traps, but reinforcing would be much slower after they are booted

If you genuinely want us to become more active (which I doubt) then you need to fix all bugs and add new content
Focus your attention on brotherhoods filled with alts, bots and cheats, and support those brotherhoods that are struggling to compete

Hello, Toggit!

1) Well, as for privacy you may be right. Public Brotherhood activity may be too much. But as for dairy, I can't agree. This feature allows newbies choosing better Brotherhoods. 

2) You're right, active Brotherhoods already get good rewards for their activity and success. But would not it be great to encourage other Brotherhoods to become more active too? I think it's a good feature for "poor" Brotherhoods as they will get another good stimulus to grow up! 

3) You can still have several inactive Havens in your Brotherhood for PVP traps.

4) Yes, we want to make you (players) more active. And we're working on new features, we fighting Master Havens and bots! Moreover, we forward players' feedback to devs every week so our developers know your thoughts about the game. And a lot of our updates are based on your suggestions and feedback. So I'm sure we'll see many great updates in the future! 
Nov 1, 2017, 21:5211/01/17
09/16/16

toggit said:

Luka said:

Luka said:

Hello!

Wrong

Publicizing brotherhood activity % would in no way strategically advantage or disadvantage any individual or brotherhood in any aspect of the game. What it would do is allow individuals to make more informed decisions concerning which brotherhood they join and, in so doing, provide a small incentive to brotherhoods to be more active: a point of pride. It would merely be a single number stating each brotherhood's activity as a whole, not the activity of its individual members. The brotherhood activity % should be made public.

As for the 60% threshold, I could care less. But brotherhoods should be held accountable for their abusive utilization of dozens of lifeless zombie havens. Responsible for hundreds of wasted scouts everyday, they make pvp less fun and more tedious by populating the ocean with empty havens detailed with enticing blue letters nested smugly beneath their deceased owners’ names.

But, as I said, my wish - and the wish for all active brotherhoods - is for the publication of the brotherhood activity %. It is a logical action that very mildly rewards activity, aligning with the desires of Plarium. Any and all brotherhoods are capable of being active: it is a universally achievable state of existence. Yet before the simple concept whimpers those who have long forgotten the clang of the cutlass. Mass defending on deserted islands is “one of the last remaining tactics,” you say? Wrong. It is one of the last remaining tactics that You know.

Nov 5, 2017, 22:5111/05/17
What if the Only active member is a cadet? who sign in daily
Nov 7, 2017, 16:3711/07/17
02/29/16
jackdrg said:

What if the Only active member is a cadet? who sign in daily
I guess the Brotherhood will get a countdown to dismissal as Cadets aren't counted to activity. 
Nov 7, 2017, 17:0711/07/17
02/20/17

Urgent changes are needed for the return of Bastion defense directly to our Harbors, not Havens

If a bh is dismissed all bastion defense will be sitting ducks, or maybe this is the TRUE reason for this update?
Nov 8, 2017, 15:0311/08/17
02/04/16

I like this new feature. Very, very much. It is a badly needed upgrade and will help clean up the game. Especially the replacement of inactive leaders, which has been a serious problem for many BHs over the years, and which Plarium seldom helped with. Many new and inexperiended players simply quit the game because they did not know what to do when the leader of the BH they joined simply quit showing up. This new feature is clearly NOT from Plarium, per se. It is from the new owners as they begin to address the many problems that they ahve been hearing about from many of us, and from ALL Plarium games across the entire platform. When I first read the info I checked; there were 804 BHs listed in Pirates. When the first 14 countdown is done, I expect to see that number go below 300. And yes, that will mean that there will be a number of players looking for new homes. Why should that sorry anyone? It is an opportunity for the ACTIVE BHs to grow. I am the elected leader of the AOP (https://www.allianceofpeace.com/) and we have taken the lead in asking for changes to be made to help clean up the cheating and OTHER problems in this game. WE have been in contact with the top 200 BHs about these problems, urging them to directly contact the new owners, and we are GLAD to see the new owners taking active steps to address some problems. We hope to see more done over the coming months!