All Categories

Captains, the reward system on Prizes has been updated!

Captains, the reward system on Prizes has been updated!

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Comments
Jun 26, 2016, 11:5506/26/16
10/20/15

Fazi does that mean that the reward keep draining from the bank even if we didn't pay the debt yet..i still have 5 mil debt and i got 130 frigate from 2 prizes.

the main problem is how to keep track of bank anymore..do i have to recalculate each reward + loses ?

thank you
Jun 26, 2016, 13:5106/26/16
03/27/14

ligolaspoland said:

Fazi does that mean that the reward keep draining from the bank even if we didn't pay the debt yet..i still have 5 mil debt and i got 130 frigate from 2 prizes.

the main problem is how to keep track of bank anymore..do i have to recalculate each reward + loses ?

thank you

now you have to take that frrom what you owe the banking, that's part of the promised reward you get now hitting them 

AS for keeping track of your banking with this new add of random recieving of troops it's going to be harder, and this is the reason alot of the old school players are annoyed with it 
Jun 26, 2016, 14:3706/26/16
Yes Blasphemy that is a big reason along with the decrease in the "Big" payout.  Are the small rewards factored into the bank or subtracted from the "Big" payout still seems to be a question.  I appreciate your help and your being upstanding about things, as for the rest of the system well they showed where we as players stand.  We voice our concerns about a major change and are insulted for it, we voice concern for that and are banned or sent nasty messages and still our voice falls on deaf ears.  There's enough drama in the game with people on power trips so I'll stick to that from now on.
Jun 26, 2016, 15:4806/26/16
03/27/14

ASH said:

Yes Blasphemy that is a big reason along with the decrease in the "Big" payout.  Are the small rewards factored into the bank or subtracted from the "Big" payout still seems to be a question.  I appreciate your help and your being upstanding about things, as for the rest of the system well they showed where we as players stand.  We voice our concerns about a major change and are insulted for it, we voice concern for that and are banned or sent nasty messages and still our voice falls on deaf ears.  There's enough drama in the game with people on power trips so I'll stick to that from now on.

Im sorry you feel this way, your thoughts of the game is always welcomed, the developers do read them,

They just don't comment on here, as they have enough of the game to worry about then comments on post of the players not agreeing daily with what has happen what hasn't been happening...

Im sure you understand that, 

Jun 26, 2016, 20:0106/26/16
03/02/15
i went home and cried to mommy about how plarium retooled and took my prize.  she said to me :  who cares :0. pay for your troops silly
Jun 26, 2016, 23:3806/26/16
12/18/14

Wow . . . more changes, haven't had time yet to play the new system, on prizes, but after the global 2 weeks of hardcore prize play plarium seen what was what in the payouts on this game. I will have to see how things are now played with the new changes, but if its as bad as everyone is saying, then i suppose it will b another area of the game that i will be avoiding. and only play when necessary,

I would really like to read from , you know, all those players that wanted a change in the prizes? where are they? who are they? or is it a decision to change and let the long-time gamers of pirates find other sources of play elsewhere. When the game is no longer fun, my money will be spent somewhere else. I thought it was a game about being a pirate? Not much of a pirate game anymore with all the add-ons and changes that keep mutating the game into something other than what it was originally, I have seen other games mutate into the ridiculous and they soon die. 

But . . . I suppose plarium will learn that soon enough. Too many changes, and players move on. 

Jun 27, 2016, 03:3506/27/16
Jun 27, 2016, 03:51(edited)
05/16/15

YARR.. It Be The JOURNEY NOT THE DESTINATION

as of now either way makes no difference to me.. but just for fun I wanted to be sure

first let me say off topic

>>Be kind and respectful to one another and the sun will shine more often
>>respect everyone's opinion, defend and encourage their right to respectfully express it.

>>Right or Wrong does not matter - all for fun first of all
>>we all want to feel comfortable and in the company of good people.

NOW ON TOPIC

I am here to say at level 65 fame and glory.. 
I am running all prizes with big payouts avg 4 per 60 as done from low to high

used to be 6 big payouts in 60

now test over..
 i start at level 21 and work up . I am working on a  fine line on purpose. I have been trying to come up short.. I should have come up short by now.. I thought I was coming up short 10 times now..

last 10 times in a row , to make the big payout, I committed that last of my designated regulars in a close to break even won't be able to do another run if it don't pay big, I actually am controlling this easier than before, this close of falling short.

.. I can pull out more troops but I wanted to see if I could do this.. silly thing is working so far.. 

on one hand i want to build a cushion to work with.. but in a way it don't matter.
..have given up on worrying about it. I do not spend money to revive - i am building up the hard way.. 

either i make it or i build troops for a while.. i blockade for rubies and raid for fame to stay busy while building..
I help my Brotherhood.. I learn some, I teach some.. i crunch numbers 
i never played any other Plarium game or server. 13 months and over 400 days prestige run now

remember you get less in big payout if it is from a lower level.

by my calculations you need at least 24 million to play level 100 and might have to sweat it out like i am describing 
up to 32 million to blow through without a care

36 million to sweat through Level 115..  48 million to walk in park
too be clear - you need so much to run the gauntlet all 60 a day

I know you can probably do these level with less.. but this is my logic right or wrong..
I am OK with being wrong. I want to know and test and figure it out correctly if I am wrong.

but until i have practical experience above level 65.. and collect data at several level intervals to extrapolate pertinent data
I fully expect for some of my calculations to be farther off the higher i go.

I almost forget what it was like to  work up to something..

Then I remember it is the Journey not the Destination

and what is this talk of levels over 115, is that from other servers?

Peace Out

There is nothing you can't recover from

don't forget your best friend

CAPTAIN PATIENCE

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jun 27, 2016, 14:2806/27/16
09/17/15

Guys, let me clarify some points for you:

1. Prize banking system still works as it did before the Update.

2. Small payouts won't replace big payouts, they come as an addition.

3. Small payouts are still payouts, so they are somehow connected to your Bank.

4. The size of a possible payout wasn't changed.

5. The strength of Prizes was not changed.

6. We will not change the system back.

7. I have passed your feedback to our developers.

8. If you have any questions or need some clarifications, please ask.

9. If you didn't receive a single Unit from a Prize, there are two reasons:

a) You didn't have any losses on it.

b) You raided this Prize before the Update.

Please ask your questions, but remember that there is some information which I will be unable to share. 

Jun 27, 2016, 15:0706/27/16
Jun 27, 2016, 15:16(edited)
03/27/14

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Please ask your questions, but remember that there is some information which I will be unable to share. 

small payouts wont effect big payouts?

but how will this not effect the bigger payout?

it will eventually as it widdraws from the banking at small amounts 
Jun 27, 2016, 17:2506/27/16
Jul 18, 2019, 12:05(edited)
01/03/15

Alyona... thank you for your reply.... obviously we all are rather gutted that Plarium will not change the system back but will have to now accept that..

however i would like to ask about point 5... alot of us are finding we have to use more troops to clear levels than we did before, maybe we are all wrong, the only way is for me to test it again i suppose.

since the change if we take 2 attacks to clear a prize level will we still get a payout or does the level have to be cleared now in one complete hit to recieve any units?

regards

Bart
Jun 27, 2016, 18:3706/27/16
04/13/15

So here is my final proof that these small payouts do affect the large payouts. This should have paid me a huge reward in the end, but I finally finished it just a few minutes ago, and the proof is right here, not one thing. No payout at all, after expending millions of defense. I don't work the small prizes because many of us higher level players built their fleet from the rewards of the larger prizes. By keeping up with my banking, as I have always done, this level should have paid me several thousand subs and at least 1k juggs or SOTL, or even a large amount of frigates and Brigs, but as you see here, I got nothing....This is just the last screen shot of the final defense. 161 Man O War to finally defend it, Prior to that I had sent 1086 Man O War, 6850 Bonnies, 227 subs, 219 gunboats, 410 grenadiers, 158 aquanauts, 150 Brethern Cuirassiers, 411 Brethern Gunboats.

Now the last big win I had  6 prizes earlier, before the change was on a level 84 Sea Fort and won 1181 Juggernauts, and 5912 subs. and it took 1220 Gunboats to defend this one.and I keep my screenshots on my prizes and 6 prizes prior I did a level 92 Caravel that took 1081 juggernauts to raid it but I won 3793 juggernauts and 760 subs.

So why did it take so many more troops/fleet to defend a level 76 than it did to defend a level 84????? And why did I not win one thing on this level 76 prize? According to my banking, I should have won big on this one.....My current Rewards and Glory is 103. not that it matters. 

Jun 27, 2016, 20:5106/27/16
12/31/15

The new system seems to work ok...It does help new players who do not have enough troops to do prizes, and don;t know that yet:) The thing i dont appreciate is i dont like recieveing skirmishers and maraduers in payouts..or pirates of any kind really...I never used to get any pirates? Anyone else have this happening? Maybe because of the rewards everytime it is altering the amount of resources somehow? Anybody with a helpful comment please reply ;) 

Thanks
Jun 27, 2016, 21:1306/27/16
09/21/15

Peter Blood said:

The new system seems to work ok...It does help new players who do not have enough troops to do prizes, and don;t know that yet:) The thing i dont appreciate is i dont like recieveing skirmishers and maraduers in payouts..or pirates of any kind really...I never used to get any pirates? Anyone else have this happening? Maybe because of the rewards everytime it is altering the amount of resources somehow? Anybody with a helpful comment please reply ;) 

Thanks

lowest levels of prizes are giving pirates unit most of the time. Higher levels are giving better units (sometimes pirates to but very rare). I did level 40+ yesterday and received armada/mercs.

and today when i started my day did some mid 20's and 30's of prizes and received all pirates units only.

Jun 27, 2016, 22:4206/27/16
Jun 27, 2016, 22:44(edited)
03/04/16

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Guys, let me clarify some points for you:

1. Prize banking system still works as it did before the Update.

4. The size of a possible payout wasn't changed.

5. The strength of Prizes was not changed.

6. We will not change the system back.

7. I have passed your feedback to our developers.

8. If you have any questions or need some clarifications, please ask.

9. If you didn't receive a single Unit from a Prize, there are two reasons:

a) You didn't have any losses on it.

b) You raided this Prize before the Update.

I played every day since the update. During all these days what I noticed is that they need more time to track them (write each prize), also the message from the war Counselor needs 2 extra clicks to see if you have win or not. Also I have noticed that it takes more long to see the big payout (SO I risk less!). Meanwhile you are receiving these no-sense little prizes. What is the sense of receive 26 jugg for a 42 prize? Please, keep it and give me it with the big payout, I think. Rhythm, emotion and fun are lost.

This morning I received for a CA60 (after 6 small payout  prizes ) 893 Schoonner , 1787Lugger, and 4469 marines. My rum production went negative automatically. I wonder, is this a help for a beginner? Was not that the main reason of the this update?

I have to say, however, that to receive such amount pirates could be useful if you don't see at rum consumption.

This afternoon I did 8 low level defense prizes and then a row of 8 from level 37 to 46 to take the the big payout, 985 Frigates and 198 GB

The previous Prizes were giving me the payout with more frequency , each about 5 prizes.

Sad.

Jun 27, 2016, 22:5606/27/16
03/27/14

least you got some payouts, im sucking on my thumb wondering "WTF" lol

no really the prizes love to give me bs so it's nothing new, eventually ill kick it's butt and ill get it... no mater 

Jun 27, 2016, 23:0906/27/16
Jun 27, 2016, 23:12(edited)
03/04/16

SUGGESTIONS. (Please send it to the developers Alyona Kolomiitseva).

So I had two ideas thinking about this that I think that would make happy all the parts.

(1)    THE FIRST IDEA is to add a new label at the lighthouse. It could be called Bermuda's Prizes (or whatever). And clicking at this label you would go to the new Prizes. So, the Lighthouse will have (i) (Targets) (Prizes) (Bermuda's Prizes) (Adventures) and (Tresaure Islands)

You will have players playing the previous Prizes, players playing the news Prizes, and players playing both.

It doesn't need much work since you have already the previous algorithm.

Furthermore this allows you to change the new prizes further if desired without disappoint the (used to the previous prizes) players.

In adition, Bermuda is an attractive name and could have an attractive history.

(2) THE SECOND IDEA would be to add the new algorithm to the low range level of the Prizes. Say the prizes from level 0 to 30 would behave like the new ones and from level 31 and up would behave like the previous ones. This make it easy for the new players and old school players will enjoy the Prizes as always.

Regards.

Jun 27, 2016, 23:1806/27/16
Jun 27, 2016, 23:47(edited)
03/04/16

Also I want to say that the idea to receive big amounts of pirates is attractive

Blasphemy, patience! :)

Jun 28, 2016, 00:2506/28/16
03/27/14

Mule said:

SUGGESTIONS. (Please send it to the developers Alyona Kolomiitseva).

So I had two ideas thinking about this that I think that would make happy all the parts.

(1)    THE FIRST IDEA is to add a new label at the lighthouse. It could be called Bermuda's Prizes (or whatever). And clicking at this label you would go to the new Prizes. So, the Lighthouse will have (i) (Targets) (Prizes) (Bermuda's Prizes) (Adventures) and (Tresaure Islands)

You will have players playing the previous Prizes, players playing the news Prizes, and players playing both.

It doesn't need much work since you have already the previous algorithm.

Furthermore this allows you to change the new prizes further if desired without disappoint the (used to the previous prizes) players.

In adition, Bermuda is an attractive name and could have an attractive history.

(2) THE SECOND IDEA would be to add the new algorithm to the low range level of the Prizes. Say the prizes from level 0 to 30 would behave like the new ones and from level 31 and up would behave like the previous ones. This make it easy for the new players and old school players will enjoy the Prizes as always.

Regards.

you can send this to her and she will reply to you her self, pls check this link out

http://plarium.com/forum/en/pirates-tides-of-fortune/suggestions-and-feedback/topics/your-suggestions-4/

Jun 28, 2016, 07:2306/28/16
Jun 28, 2016, 07:26(edited)
03/04/16

Thank-you Blasphemy.

Again a row of 8 to take the Prize.