All Categories

Captains, the reward system on Prizes has been updated!

Captains, the reward system on Prizes has been updated!

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Comments
Jun 25, 2016, 19:0706/25/16
03/27/14

BlackBart said:

well Blasphemy ....from trying them out... they become the same as veteren troops in value.. you can pardon veteren troops as well as white sails so i have found that the game reacts in prizes to pardoned boats in the same way as it does with veteren troops and brethren troops may even work out as less than 1/2 points on prizes even though they are the biggest hitters when smashing opposition players.

I new about breth units and gears

just didn't dawn on me once we pardon our troops we loose the resource value of our regular troops and vet troops..

and here i thought i new everything about troops and value lolz
Jun 25, 2016, 20:0506/25/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:52(edited)
11/05/14

Blasphemy said:

DimGrepo said:

FaZi said:

2-- This system is really helpful for new players specially the one who do not understand banking and they go for prizes, when they get nothing they simply quit it. Now they will be getting units back with various %age and with that they will be determined to take on new ones and get a bigger payout

Not the case, im a new player, and in the space of three days the prize quests have basically seen every decent unit die and i now have a bunch of junks, turtle ships and bonnies...

Pretty much have no fleet or armada now, which wasnt an issue before the changes, i had figured out the system and was going along pretty solidly. 

why on the seven seas would you use armada troops to attack prizes?

most everyone knows never use your armada unless you have already weekin the prize and just killing it off

We learn as we go foreward, when you win armada troops save them, only kill troops you can make... 

Because as already stated, i am a NEW PLAYER.

New players dont learn these things straight away, it takes us time to figure things out, work out how things work.

A few posts up its stated that the changes make it BETTER FOR NEW PLAYERS....

This is not the case.. new players dont know how to work the prizes properly, so send whatever offence they can at the prizes.. the result is, they lose all their offence and get 10 bonnies, 6 marauders, 12 junks, 12 turtle ships as their reward.

You may know not to use armada prizes but a NEW PLAYER does not know this.. 

if you read my post it was in response to this

2-- This system is really helpful for new players specially the one who do not understand banking and they go for prizes, when they get nothing they simply quit it. Now they will be getting units back with various %age and with that they will be determined to take on new ones and get a bigger payout

If anything, the system is completely unhelpful for new players, for the very reason that they DONT UNDERSTAND BANKING and go for prizes with whatever offence they have and end up with no offence left. 

(And i used fleet and armada because i cannot produce marauder and bessies at a fast enough rate - BEING A NEW PLAYER - to clear the prizes, and if i do clear a prize with 500 bessies, losing say, 300 of them, my reward is 12 turtle ships and 12 junks so its hardly any use. )

Jun 25, 2016, 21:1306/25/16
03/27/14

DimGrepo said:

Blasphemy said:

DimGrepo said:

FaZi said:

Not the case, im a new player, and in the space of three days the prize quests have basically seen every decent unit die and i now have a bunch of junks, turtle ships and bonnies...

Pretty much have no fleet or armada now, which wasnt an issue before the changes, i had figured out the system and was going along pretty solidly. 

most everyone knows never use your armada unless you have already weekin the prize and just killing it off

We learn as we go foreward, when you win armada troops save them, only kill troops you can make... 

New players dont learn these things straight away, it takes us time to figure things out, work out how things work.

This is not the case.. new players dont know how to work the prizes properly, so send whatever offence they can at the prizes.. the result is, they lose all their offence and get 10 bonnies, 6 marauders, 12 junks, 12 turtle ships as their reward.

If anything, the system is completely unhelpful for new players, for the very reason that they DONT UNDERSTAND BANKING and go for prizes with whatever offence they have and end up with no offence left. 

(And i used fleet and armada because i cannot produce marauder and bessies at a fast enough rate - BEING A NEW PLAYER - to clear the prizes, and if i do clear a prize with 500 bessies, losing say, 300 of them, my reward is 12 turtle ships and 12 junks so its hardly any use. )

Okay i get you are new i get that you don't know the ways of the prizes to benefit from them, but neither did any of us when we first started out, we learned as we went along... not many of us had someone to tell us how to do something, we learned....

As you will and every other new player, they to will kill troops they should get discouraged and walk away, but the true pirate 

will stick around untill they have mastered all the adventures plarium gives us

So stick around, 
Jun 25, 2016, 21:2606/25/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:07(edited)
11/05/14

Blasphemy said:

DimGrepo said:

Blasphemy said:

DimGrepo said:

FaZi said:

Okay i get you are new i get that you don't know the ways of the prizes to benefit from them, but neither did any of us when we first started out, we learned as we went along... not many of us had someone to tell us how to do something, we learned....

As you will and every other new player, they to will kill troops they should get discouraged and walk away, but the true pirate 

will stick around untill they have mastered all the adventures plarium gives us

So stick around, 

Youre missing the point. The post i replied to said that the new system is better for the new player.

it isnt.

under the old prize system, I, as a new player, was sending all manner of random offence at the prizes, but, every four or five prizes i was getting a good reward and I, despite my noobiness and burning fleet/armada when i shouldnt have done, still had a good fleet/armada anyway

Under the new system, a noob player will send all manner of anything at the prizes, gets a handful of marauders as a result, and will very quickly either run out of units, or get bored. (new players dont have the patience to spend days building up a force of 1000 marauders to attack prizes with), they attack with whatever they have at hand.

the point being, claim is made this is better for new players

as a new player i can tell you it isnt. 

(that said, i would happily reset my account, go back two weeks and start again not making the various mistakes i made in wks1 and wks 2 :D)
Jun 25, 2016, 21:4306/25/16
11/20/14

DireWolf Sigyn said:

being a little bit of a 'newer' player and level 66, i have been unhappy with the changes... first i would do higher level prizes since the lower levels simply did not pay off... at all... and at first i would get rewarded every two or maybe three times... and it was fair and i would grow my fleet. Then the past week i would play maybe 6 or more and only get 1 prize payout...all from high levels. The payout was nice, but it didn't make up for a lot of my losses and I had to stop.  Now playing today i win every time, yet the payoff is horrible compared to how i lost... i got troops from a high level prize! sorry, but i think ships would be better as rum consumption needs to be taken into account.. not all of us are major coiners that can buy back my losses.  i understand the games want to make people spend money to get their troops back, but for prizes that is unacceptable. I have it narrowed down to practically a science in what to send and win so I know it cannot be what I am sending. There is no point to doing prizes if you cannot have any gain. I would destroy my whole fleet if I were to empty out the lighthouse in hopes of one big prize...if i were to even have the troops to do so...

I'm perfectly okay !!

Jun 26, 2016, 04:4406/26/16
09/05/15
Fazi I have been a Moderator and Admin in quite a lot of games over the years and one thing I have learnt I that you DON"T by imply or call players mindless or stupid. In your role you should keep a cool head and speak with respect to players at all times.  I know it can be frustrating at times BUT insulting players will only make the situation worse.  (just my opinion)  BTW if you read my earlier post I think it was on page 2 of this thread I stated I was prepared to trial it. So far I'm not real impressed with the changes but I will still give it a fair trial.
Jun 26, 2016, 04:5406/26/16
04/13/15

First let me apologize for posting in a duplicate thread, I thought I was in this thread. I didn't have a clue there was more than one thread about the prize change. There should only be 1, possibly combining the 2 would help. But may I apologize that I posted in a duplicate thread. It wasn't my intent.

I did a test today on prizes, I have a spreadsheet from all my prizes, and what it use to take to defend or raid one. What I found was a 12% increase to do prizes now on each one. So it takes more troops/ships to do prizes now. I was testing. It's been time for me have my big win again, I've always kept up with my banking down to the time I could tell you I would win. Well it didn't happen. Still hasn't happened. You aren't going to get the big payouts we use to. Sorry, for those that quote that banking is still the same. Well it's not. sorry but i've tested it. In addition to it now taking 12% more to defend or raid them, to win what, 15 bonnies on 1 to defend, to win 1 bonnie. and it goes on and on from there. I upped my prizes a little each time, and the same occured. How anyone would think that this is beneficial to small players, lol what a joke. I used probably 3 million worth of defense an offense, and never got anymore than 20k in return if I got that much. Like I said, it was time for my big win, it never came. So no banking isn't the same. This is just an excuse to get players to spend more money to buy their fleet out of the infirmary, buying more rubies. If you don't play the game, then how to you know? Just quoting what plarium is telling you, well I wouldn't do that unless I knew the facts.

I agree that change is sometimes necessary, but no change isn't always good. Many companies have made changes only to see that they made a mistake. Some changes are good, some changes are bad. This change may be good for plarium but not good for players, so I'll join Beafraid now as I was in level 105 prizes and I enjoyed my big wins, and kept up with my banking. Although I didn't spend the money beafraid did because I can't afford that, I won't be doing prizes any longer and have made up my mind that I probably won't be in the game much longer. Why would anyone want cloned games of the other? The whole point of a game is to be different. Be fun to play. and this one after a years worth of bad changes, isn't fun anymore. a year a half ago this was the best game. But in that time, it's gone so downhill, with it's take, take, take antics. So I'll end my posts now. Sorry to dissappoint the moderators but no the banking isn't the same. I tested it today, in length.
Jun 26, 2016, 06:3606/26/16
09/21/15

@Wombat, thank you for the advice, i appreciate that. I have also been in multiple communities and not just a mod or a forum admin. Difference between me and others are i can't tolerate few things i communicated multiple times. I never had such worse players to deal with. Anyhow it is over now.  Thank you again for your advice.

@Linda, i am glad to know atleast there is someone who accepts their mistake instead of pointing fingers and others. We communicated what Alyona posted earlier in this thread. To be frank this is the biggest protest that i have seen in Pirates community until yet.

Players coped up with treasure island, i am afraid many of us will not with this new change. All we can do is push CM's a bit to reconsider the decision.

The problem is there are lot of people involved in such decisions so it is not just CM who will revert it. Their are Product Managers, Design & Development department and than there is one department that monitors the game activity & report it to the upper management.

So many factors have to play their role in this, we can't say anything for sure and i am afraid not our CM's either.

They will read this thread, i already forward them the link to this thread and now waiting for their reply.

Jun 26, 2016, 08:0706/26/16
02/03/16

Looks like it's here that i have to give my toughts about the new system.......

It's very bad :

- New players will learn that prizes will change their powerfull armada or fleet units into some junk pirate mercs during 50+ prizes before having a real prize which wont refund what they lost. 

==> U Speak about news players u know that they need 3 month before starting to build fleet and 4 before armada ! so they have pirates and mercs mainly and this system willdestroy the few fleet or armada they got with tourneys ... enjoy

In which world would u expect players to be happy to jump from system A to system B :

System A : 

Losts : 100 prizes : 100 armada / 250 fleet / 500 merces /1500 pirates death

Prize : 110 armada and 350 fleet (3 time a prize)

==> Lower rhum consumption, O is still at his highest, O with more movespeed 

System B :

Losts : 100 prizes : 100 armada / 250 fleet / 500 merces /1500 pirates death

Prize : 50 armada and 80 fleet 400 mercs 700 pirates

==> Enjoy i got units at each prize, (the units i want to sacrifice) small O for high rhum consumption

To conclude i'll see the prze and the light house as an event to do only when tehre is a tourney.

If we are a lot to dislike this new system there are reasons, of course u'll always find players who are ok with that, it's the same players who are losing a lot of units in game doing a lot of mistakes or the new ones. I think there is 0 satisfaction to win 10 mercs or 40 pirates when u think about what u lost for. 

Product manager & co. did a system for  people who dont think or only look at what they win and not "what they lost". They did a system for pple who are dancing and are happy to win 5$ after spending 10. Well maybe they have right maybe most of players are like that but my advice is this system reduce the interest of a part of the game : prizes.

PS : sorry if my english isnt perfect im from Eu (fr).

Jun 26, 2016, 08:3506/26/16
09/21/15

that some detailed explanation there, thank you for that Ellionis

I understood what you meant there.

I am bit concerned as well after all of this poor prizes and as i stated earlier, we will forward it to our CM's and they will see it by themselves as well but i know the asnwers that we might get

1-- You will get better units also in prizes, it is just kind of a little delayed or matter of luck.

2-- You are getting units hence your armies are not zero and you can do more prizes.

3-- Your bank is there and it will be paid back to you, you just need to build some strategies as you guyz did so for old prizes.

It is a little bitter to swallow for us and maybe a little bitter for Plarium too but the truth is

they have to change things every once in a while to keep things interesting and keep players busy.

For a developed player who have done researches build everything and was busy in PVP or prizes

they introduced treasure island which means more activity in PVP so a thing for some to get busy with

after that they came up with upgrade etchings more levels in building and some people bought them used them so a little more activity in plarium

now they came up with bastions another thing for PVP for players to keep them busy

and now the changes in prizes

what i am trying to say is if we go back like 4 months back the game was quite monotonuous

like you have build everything so now you have to do is build troops, lose with no further advancements or anything.

and in this stage we are like noobs again specially in terms of prizes and this might bring some players back (i doubt though) and for new players who don't understand game at earlier stages like they don't know what armada is what unit we need to keep and what not, than the unit they won in prizes each & every unit will matter for them and they will be happy to stick around

Jun 26, 2016, 09:0606/26/16
02/03/16

Hi ^^

I'm 100% agree : Plarium has to change and add things to keep the game interesting. And they are doing it, it's good for players ! 

if i say "forge of empire" for exemple, they add so few thing in the game.... Pirates and Plarium are way better !

I wont complain about bastion which is a really great thing and a well done new part of the game (activ part)

But u speak about treasure island : the idea is nice but how they did it ... u are able to see the results on my screenshots, and it's understandable it's so easy to hunt pvp on treasure island (even during tourney it's nearly the same)  ===> 
To fit with the subject doing new things is great but here for prizes, i think they'll reduce the amount of things to do in the game adding a new part of the game which no one or nearly use (except beginners who will learn with pain to not use this part) isnt really usefull. 

One day if i have time i should give ideas on an other topic to improve treasure island and to make it a more interesting part of the game than a messsage with "no treasure islands ..... "

B

Jun 26, 2016, 09:2106/26/16
03/04/16

I want to make clear one point. I' m writing in this thread as a CUSTOMER. Not like a pirate or someone that want to point to his opinion or just for fun. I'm posting here as a CUSTOMER. As a very disappointed and upset customer and I have to add that reading this thread I feel also frustration. I Don't feel I'm being considered.

Two days before the Prizes changed I lost all my troops in the Prizes. I wanted to play and maintain my rank in the Experience Tournament. So, I decided to buy rubies, buy some troops and hit again the prizes with the hope of have my troops back. And it was like this. I had part of my troops back and I was able to follow participating in the Experience Tournament. I bought a BIG "special Offer"

Two days after Plarium, changed the Prizes WITHOUT ANY PREVIOUS NOTICE or warning. This is unacceptable. I m playing MONEY. And I deserve some CONSIDERATION.

I Paid for a product and I received a different product. How anyone can defend this?

WHY Plarium didn't explain this one month before and allow their customers to plan accordingly?

Why Plarium did this change in the middle of a Experience Tournment?

I really don't understand why someone  don't want to consider his customers and don't mind to have them unhappy.

I really have lost the illusion for this game. The Prizes were one of the main important source of fun.

I WOULD LIKE if any of you moderators could, please, provide me the mail of Plarium's Customer Support to send a formal complaint. And I would like a real answer from Plarium

Jun 26, 2016, 09:2606/26/16
09/21/15

you can send a PM to our EX-Admin Annie Bonnie here on forum or can send a support ticket.

Apart from that be sure that your comments are being read by Plarium Employees which are community managers & they will pass your corncerns further.

Right now it is weekend, Plarium is off so we can expect some activity on Monday and than they will have meetings (a normal corporate procedure) i hope they will be able to give us a final reply in next 2 to 3 days.

Jun 26, 2016, 09:3006/26/16
09/21/15

Ellionis said:

One day if i have time i should give ideas on an other topic to improve treasure island and to make it a more interesting part of the game than a messsage with "no treasure islands ..... "

B

that is really weird, I never came across such situation, i always have 30-40 Islands around me but they just don't fancy me at all.

I am suspecting that your page is not completely loaded, this happens to me when i go to this tab, it takes 15+ sec to show the treasure islands, otherwise just show the same message as it appears here. May be you can try that and see if you have some around you and just this page not loading properly.

Jun 26, 2016, 10:4106/26/16
Jun 26, 2016, 10:48(edited)
03/04/16

OK Thank-you.

Also I would like Plarium consider this:

There is no Prize's manual of instructions. So you in your own must to find the way to figure out how they work and how to approach them. It costs TIME and MONEY. It implies you researching over the net (most not official information), filter that information, make tests, write down each time you make a prize etc... This is part of the fun. And this is work. You are in a process. You are ding something. Plaing.

You can not blow up them like this.

Jun 26, 2016, 10:4306/26/16
Jun 26, 2016, 10:44(edited)
02/03/16

Ah i have a lot of treasure island around me, here was the list of the "occupied" one, and it's nearly always like that cause harvest is way too risky, so players dont use treasure island.

Well to really stay focus on the prize i think that many players will do less prize or maybe only during the tourney which wont be a success. It's only my first feelings about the changes and maybe they'll do some minor changes or we'll find a way to use their new system with some benefits but actually i dont really see a good way except during tourney.
Jun 26, 2016, 10:4706/26/16
09/21/15

Mule said:

OK Thank-you.

Also I would like Plarium consider this:

There is no Prize's manual of instructions. So you in your own must to find the way to figure out how they work and how to approach them. It costs TIME and MONEY. It implies you researching over the net (most not official information), filter that information, make tests, write down each time you make a prize etc... This is part of the fun. And this is work.

You can not blow up them like this.

if you have some friend in storm fall than contact them, they can guide you.

I send you one PM as well and that straetgy is working in Storm fall and giving payout, good units & bigger payout.

Jun 26, 2016, 11:3806/26/16
So I have given the new system a try.  I have gotten a "Big" reward and compared to what I got right before the change I'm not impressed.  I did this in my other game where my Riches n' Glory is a lvl 103 and the changes do make quite a difference at that lvl.  Not that anyone at Plarium cares what we think of it just wanted to update that I have given it a shot and still am upset with the change.  
Jun 26, 2016, 11:4306/26/16
Jun 26, 2016, 11:45(edited)
10/20/15

I just killed a lv 52 after i weakened it 1 time and i didn't get anything :(

i killed a lv 32 and got 4 SOL

i killed a lv 16 and got 15 jaugs

no need to say i m 100% lost and confsued here..and i don't know what i m doing

Jun 26, 2016, 11:4906/26/16
09/21/15

ligolaspoland said:

I just killed a lv 52 after i weakened it 1 time and i didn't get anything :(

i killed a lv 32 and got 4 SOL

i killed a lv 16 and got 15 jaugs

no need to say i m 100% lost and confsued here..and i don't know what i m doing

if you clear prize in more than one hit it is going to disturb partial payout as well. Regarding overall payout, i really can't comment on that.

I got 593 subs today from a defensive level 45, though my 13.7M is still in bank but still i am okay with 593 subs because atleast that subs going to help in taking next prize.