Captains, the reward system on Prizes has been updated!

208 Replies
ASH
24 June, 2016, 12:42 AM UTC

This update does seem to benefit the smaller players, and those that don't know what they're doing.  Some of us worked years to perfect a system for hitting the LH.  Even with explaining it some people still couldn't grasp the concept.  Now everyone gets a reward every time, where's the skill in that?  Blasphemy, your comment on not being into this game is a little offensive as I'm a lvl 86 on Kabam's site and am conflicted myself on continuing with this madness.  So in turn, I assume you log in for an hr or so a day then move on to another game, I've been playing this game for over 3 yrs and am logged in an avg of 6 to 8 hrs a day, at least.  Needless to say, I've seen many updates and changes to the game.  I have always just stuck it out and moved forward, this however is one change I can't have Plarium's back on.  Those of us that have softened a bunch of Prizes will not get payouts on them so they really get setback.  Those of us that recently have hit a Prize and are in the middle of building towards our next are setback.  Those that are close to a reward now could have that affected by these smaller rewards which will affect what lvl they should hit next etc.  It was a HUGE update to just throw at us with no notice, and as far as it being in other games on Plarium, who cares.  I'm a Pirate at heart and only play this game.  So now, I leave the Forum as another disgruntled voice.

UTC +6:00
meatman
24 June, 2016, 12:44 AM UTC

I try to keep an open mind on changes but so far I am less than impressed...:(







UTC +0:00
Cigneous
24 June, 2016, 1:00 AM UTC

Guys it just worked as described.. i updated my earlier response


13 prizes all of them paying out chump change then I got a big payout in line with a level 55..

I am level 87 and nothing is worth knee jerk reaction like quitting..

My Fame and glory level is 65


i felt like i was coming up short over the long run since they went to 60 per day..

I just had to layoff and build up to be ready for level 65 after i was used to 61...


many times through out game there have been reasons to be emotional..

each time i found 3 days was abuot the time I could look back and chuckle at my own consternation..

life is hard - it is even harder when you spend money on  it.. ;-D


buck up people.. don't quit.. just regroup and let time be on your side.


Added edit>>>  2nd update.. just made it to second big payout today  again it paid out when i expected  in a way that was no different to how i knew before..

Sorry i find nothing wrong with prizes so far..  it is only a little bit different and it did work out in a less stressful way than 14 days ago.

By The Way I was partially banked.. i have not been set back by  this..  i already have had two big payouts like days of old.

Cigneous
UTC +0:00
Blasphemy
Moderator
24 June, 2016, 1:44 AM UTC

ASH said:


This update does seem to benefit the smaller players, and those that don't know what they're doing.  Some of us worked years to perfect a system for hitting the LH.  Even with explaining it some people still couldn't grasp the concept.  Now everyone gets a reward every time, where's the skill in that?  Blasphemy, your comment on not being into this game is a little offensive as I'm a lvl 86 on Kabam's site and am conflicted myself on continuing with this madness.  So in turn, I assume you log in for an hr or so a day then move on to another game, I've been playing this game for over 3 yrs and am logged in an avg of 6 to 8 hrs a day, at least.  Needless to say, I've seen many updates and changes to the game.  I have always just stuck it out and moved forward, this however is one change I can't have Plarium's back on.  Those of us that have softened a bunch of Prizes will not get payouts on them so they really get setback.  Those of us that recently have hit a Prize and are in the middle of building towards our next are setback.  Those that are close to a reward now could have that affected by these smaller rewards which will affect what lvl they should hit next etc.  It was a HUGE update to just throw at us with no notice, and as far as it being in other games on Plarium, who cares.  I'm a Pirate at heart and only play this game.  So now, I leave the Forum as another disgruntled voice.

I didn't mean to offend you, just trying to keep a cool forum going,

many think the worst when something has changed....

And this recent update those prizes you did before in the LH hasn't changed.

your old banking is still there, eventually you will get paid......... 

I play daily as well 6 to 7 hrs if not more when real life isn't in my way calling me,

Im a level 80 and been playing from the beginning, these changes get to me too,


I am a daughter of a High King who is not moved by this world for my God is with me and goes before me, I do not fear because im his
UTC +2:00
Blasphemy
Moderator
24 June, 2016, 1:56 AM UTC

You see prizes still work on banking system ....... 

Whenever you "clear" the bank you will get a "BIG" payout... 

if the bank is not cleared you will get a consolidation prize which will be deducted from the "Big" payout...... 


Now again, if you aren't getting the "BIG" prize that you deserve then keep tapping the lighthouse

eventually you will get paid, the system is still the same, they just added a small reward 

for the smaller players that like to whine alot because they don't win anything 

So now the devolopers added this so now even the little ones get something, even though the the banking doesn't add up


I am a daughter of a High King who is not moved by this world for my God is with me and goes before me, I do not fear because im his
UTC +2:00
Mule
24 June, 2016, 2:21 AM UTC

Sorry, the small rewards have no sense. It just make more difficult to track the prizes. I was also a low level and never needed it. It is not fair that because some beginners complain, the game changes the rules. And sorry but this feature will not stop their complaints.

It take time (and money) to learn and figure out how to approach the prizes. It is not fair to change the rules of a thing that actually works OK.

 Please consider to put the previous algorithm back.


UTC +2:00
Mule
24 June, 2016, 2:35 AM UTC

A change that I noticed these last 2 days: When the Prizes appear again, they are not spread evenly. For example today I have only one offense prize between the levels 30-39  that is where I like to start because the size of my current army.


I have only a level 36, preceded by a level 23 and followed by a level 40. Before this update I had a plenty of prizes in that range. Starting at level 40 I have to risk so much. I can't enjoy the prizes anymore as I use to.


Please, put back the previous algorithm.

UTC +2:00
Doom and GLoom
24 June, 2016, 5:22 AM UTC

I won't give this a chance, this is total ascinine to me. Just when we were use to the banking system and looked forward to our large prizes, then you go and screw with this and so to do a level  77 prize and throw away 1000 SOTL or Juggs just to win 298, well just how fair is that. That sort of prize use to bank me at least 3-4k prizes. So I'm done with plarium and their stupid ideas. Why would we want to even do prizes to lose that much, counting on our big wins, to be slapped in the face. If half of the BH members would come to chat to learn the game they they would know how to do the prizes. So you redid the algorithm bases on new players playing the game, well what about us older players who have supported this game for almost 2 years now????? You have once again totally taken away from us, to profit from your ill gotten greed...I've had it with plarium games. To those new players who were compllaining about their prize winnings, I say to them learn the game and how prizes work before complaining that they don't win. TO undermine us, the loyal members, well sorry that's just wrong. and I"M ONE WITH THIS SCREWED UP GAME...You'll find that the more you take away from the players of the game, the more players you will see quitting the game. Just in my BH alone we have had more high level players that have been in the game well over a year quit...What does that say for your stupid manipulated changes????? Hope it was worth it Plarium...

UTC -6:00
Doom and GLoom
24 June, 2016, 5:28 AM UTC
and the bad thing about this is we knew how to keep up with the banking to win prizes. so you've totally screwed our method of doing these. I did a level 77 prize earlier in which I should have won 3 to 4 thousand of juggernauts, ship of the line...Instead I only won 298 juggernauts. So I spent far more doing this prize than I won...SO tell me, how is this going to benefit us????Stupid changes. Stupid game...I'm done..see ya plarium, hope it was worth losing another player
UTC -6:00
wombat
24 June, 2016, 5:40 AM UTC
OK  I'm prepared to give it a trail.  In reading what Cigneous  has posted I tend to agree with him somewhat.  In all fairness to the game I will have a go and see what happens..
avast ye swabs
UTC +10:00
Dane the One
24 June, 2016, 5:48 AM UTC
Blasphemy said:

BlackBart said:


WHO wants to give it a chance when people are quitting over it !!!!!.,. Just put it back and stop messing us gamers around....please.

if they are quitting over something silly as this 

then they wasn't that into the game anyways....


Give the prizes a chance this method is already been in the other plarium.com games

for over a year now, it's just being brought to PTOF

if they learned how to work this small change im sure we can...............
This isn't something silly. I've been in this game almost 2 years, and I had my prizes down to an art. I kept up with my banking, I knew what I had to lose before I won again and generally I could tell you which prize I would win big on again. I've put all the other silly as you called it, changes to this game behind me in the past, everytime there is a change it always means their sticking it to us the loyal players. And yes I've been in this game as much as 18 hrs. a day, you can't get more serious about a game as that. I've grown a BH into the top 10, and No this is the last straw for me. I count on my large prize wins, especially when I have to pay back so much to get to the point where I will win big again...If these smaller players would come into their BH's chat rooms and learn the game, learn how to do prizes, and just the basics of the game, then they would have better knowledge of how everything in the game works. But no they come in, play a few days and want to complain that they aren't given their dues? well what about us??? the long term players? The ones who have spend a fortune on this game? Who were dedicated players? and no Blasphemy, this isn't silly to me. THis is just another screw you at the players from plarium. Over the last year they started taking this and that away, then when they came out with these stupid bastions, I called it the money pit then. So then, they took away our Brotherhood adventures. So we don't get those rewards but once or twice a week, these are rewards that benefit the smaller player more than us the larger level ones. And now our prizes. Sorry, this isn't silly to me. I counted on my large prize wins. I don't want these puny wins each time. I would much rather have a large win within the 4 to 5 prizes each time. So yea, your going to lose a lot of players over this, and it's not silly. This is the most serious attack against the long time players in my book...I've been biding my time, waiting things out, well this may just be my last hurrah also. I've been a total dedicated pirate. But will not continue to allow plarium to just slap us down continually. But I will say this, even if I do stay in this game, they won't get another penny out of my pockets for these ruby packages. SO in terms they have have cut off their noses to spite their own faces....But their loss...
UTC -6:00
Dane the One
24 June, 2016, 6:13 AM UTC
And I'll add this, I'm not a big prize player. I do maybe 1 or 2 a week. When my rum production goes well into the negative do I even do prizes, so this is why I do the prizes, but what's more, I kept up with my banking. I was one that counted on these huge wins I was getting. as many strictly prize players do. I'm more of a raider, fighter type. But only do prizes to get my rum down. So this is another reason that this disturbs me so. I take this as a direct and personal attack on me personally as well as other players who have been robbed of their prizes...
UTC -6:00
limeyjohn
24 June, 2016, 9:37 AM UTC

Sorry, but been playing since december 2015, l know how the prize system works/worked, right now it is broken, simple as.


UTC +0:00
limeyjohn
24 June, 2016, 9:51 AM UTC

Linda McCarty said:


Blasphemy said:


BlackBart said:


WHO wants to give it a chance when people are quitting over it !!!!!.,. Just put it back and stop messing us gamers around....please.

if they are quitting over something silly as this 

then they wasn't that into the game anyways....


Give the prizes a chance this method is already been in the other plarium.com games

for over a year now, it's just being brought to PTOF

if they learned how to work this small change im sure we can...............
This isn't something silly. I've been in this game almost 2 years, and I had my prizes down to an art. I kept up with my banking, I knew what I had to lose before I won again and generally I could tell you which prize I would win big on again. I've put all the other silly as you called it, changes to this game behind me in the past, everytime there is a change it always means their sticking it to us the loyal players. And yes I've been in this game as much as 18 hrs. a day, you can't get more serious about a game as that. I've grown a BH into the top 10, and No this is the last straw for me. I count on my large prize wins, especially when I have to pay back so much to get to the point where I will win big again...If these smaller players would come into their BH's chat rooms and learn the game, learn how to do prizes, and just the basics of the game, then they would have better knowledge of how everything in the game works. But no they come in, play a few days and want to complain that they aren't given their dues? well what about us??? the long term players? The ones who have spend a fortune on this game? Who were dedicated players? and no Blasphemy, this isn't silly to me. THis is just another screw you at the players from plarium. Over the last year they started taking this and that away, then when they came out with these stupid bastions, I called it the money pit then. So then, they took away our Brotherhood adventures. So we don't get those rewards but once or twice a week, these are rewards that benefit the smaller player more than us the larger level ones. And now our prizes. Sorry, this isn't silly to me. I counted on my large prize wins. I don't want these puny wins each time. I would much rather have a large win within the 4 to 5 prizes each time. So yea, your going to lose a lot of players over this, and it's not silly. This is the most serious attack against the long time players in my book...I've been biding my time, waiting things out, well this may just be my last hurrah also. I've been a total dedicated pirate. But will not continue to allow plarium to just slap us down continually. But I will say this, even if I do stay in this game, they won't get another penny out of my pockets for these ruby packages. SO in terms they have have cut off their noses to spite their own faces....But their loss...

@ blasphemy Who on earth do you think you are to insult fellow players ?, l am said level 87 player who has decided to call it quits.

As Linda says above this is no minor change, you may be a moderator but that does not mean for one second you know more about this game than us, am telling you now, it is not working right.
UTC +0:00
BlackBart
24 June, 2016, 10:46 AM UTC

PLEASE put it back to how it was, Linda is correct....I have kept quiet before with all the other changes in the past that i didn't agree with ...i.e. changing the targets system into these stupid treasure islands... that was a waste of my time using pearls on to take 3 targets.....but this is such a massive and ridiculous change that i can not keep quiet...NOBODY not even smaller players that i have spoken to like this cruel change.... it's a no brainer to return it to the way it was..

One little player told me that they have ended up with no troops because with smaller and smaller payouts had been left with no choice but to do her smallest levels till they ran out and she ended troopless, even though her bank is owing... how can that be a good thing for any smaller guys.

It's deffo not good for us bigger higher level players... if i burn 6000 sol's plus and end up with a measly 500 frigates, then how the heck does that help me take on my next highest level.... level 131  ?????!!!!!!... it's unatainable...

There is not one BH that is not hating this move by Plarium...

you will see that i have over the long time playing this game, not written many post on the forum as it's not really my thing.. HOWEVER, i and others feel so strongly about this NEGATIVE move by plarium on dedicated players that i have now written 3 times on this matter....

DON'T KEEP POO POO'ing all the comments from us the knowledgable ACTUAL GAMERS.

PUT BACK THE SYSTEM WE HAD PLEASE.
UTC +0:00
FaZi
24 June, 2016, 1:01 PM UTC

wow, took a whole hour to read this thread since my last reply.


let me put some simple points in this


1-- Do not forget that getting a bigger payout is not a hard & fast rule that on this prize it is 100% guarantee you will get it. It can be delayed

2-- Your bank is their and it is definitely going to pay you sooner or later. 

3-- It is possible that your bank value was in negative and you have to pay back that value to get bigger payout


now new things with this new system

1-- Sooner or LATER, that later thing really pushed some players to lose all of their troops, because they are not getting anything from prizes not a single unit and waiting for their bigger payout. It can be really hard when there is no small level of prize available for you and you need lot of units to finish off one prize. 


To reduce that severe impact of prizes this system was introduced. You are getting something back every time which is enough to take on another low level prize (with a possibility of a bigger payout or otherwise atleast some units)


2-- This system is really helpful for new players specially the one who do not understand banking and they go for prizes, when they get nothing they simply quit it. Now they will be getting units back with various %age and with that they will be determined to take on new ones and get a bigger payout


3-- If you hit 10 prizes in a row and win all of them you will get a better payout than the earlier 9. Which will compensate for some of your losses and rest is still their in your bank and you are going to get that just like old system


4-- All we have to do is to find some strategy that will work on this new prize. 


Pirates do not get feared of testing new things and learning new tips & tricks.


At last pirate life is full of hardships.


Sometimes they got ferdinard troops around them and sometimes they are feasting on booty of ferdinard.


So keep going & everything is going to be fine and more good than before.



Th' rougher th' seven seas, th' smoother we sail. Ahoy! ahead ye coward
UTC +3:00
DimGrepo
24 June, 2016, 2:44 PM UTC
ASH said:

This update does seem to benefit the smaller players, and those that don't know what they're doing. 

I dont think it does, as a smaller player the prizes are how I build my navy. 48 hours in , ive barely got a navy anymore 
UTC +1:00
Mule
24 June, 2016, 2:46 PM UTC

This is a no sense. The small amounts of units doesn't benefit anyone.




Was very hard to figure out how to approach the prizes. Their behavior has changed. We play money on this. It is not fair you change the rules.




Please PUT BACK the PREVIOUS PRIZES!

UTC +2:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
24 June, 2016, 3:18 PM UTC

Mule said:

This is a no sense. The small amounts of units doesn't benefit anyone

Was very hard to figure out how to approach the prizes. Their behavior has changed. We play money on this. It is not fair you change the rules

Please PUT BACK the PREVIOUS PRIZES!

We are not planning to change the current system. I'm sure you'll get used to it soon. 

I understand that you may feel confused about this new Update. However, that's what our players have asked for a long time. They've asked us to make Prizes pay out each time you hit them.

Now they do. But it doesn't mean that these small payouts are the only payouts you will ever receive. You will still get full payouts as soon as your Bank is filled enough.

So now you have:

1) Mini-payouts to make sure you will always have some Units to throw into the fight.

2) Big payouts which you will receive as usual.

I don't see any negative point here. And you?

Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
ceda
24 June, 2016, 3:23 PM UTC
Mule said:

This is a no sense. The small amounts of units doesn't benefit anyone.

It makes (it's just the question for whom ? ) ! The whole idea is to reduce the fraction of high quality units in the payoff (without touching amount as total).   And I'll give you 3 times to guess how should you compensate for that :) .
UTC +7:00
1719219 users registered; 42208 topics; 269935 posts; our newest member:asenptrv